Who Can Chris Hero Face?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure how to properly word the title but yeah, you get the drift.

As we all know Chris Hero is back on the independent scene now and if you check almost any of the upcoming shows with discussion threads around here you'll see that he has 3 upcoming world title matches already booked and plenty more bookings all around, so with so many big matches already being announced it's got me wondering... who else can Hero face? Obviously there are some fresh matches possible now that wouldn't have been a big draw when he was signed, with Gargano, Cole, Gulak, and possibly ACH already booked to face him in the near future who else is there that you'd like to see him face?

Unsurprisingly I'd love to see him face Tim Donst. Possibly my favorite guy on the indies, Donst has improved a lot since Hero was last on the scene and they could easily put on a great wrestling match. I was literally about to say Caleb Konley would interest me and PWX just announced that Hero has been booked two shows in November... with Konley being world champ there this could very likely happen now.

Alright, anyone have suggestions? What matches would you like to see Hero in?

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I don't follow the indies that much (thanks to the fact that I live in Puerto Rico and I don't have a clue on where to see the shows for free), I just read what you guys post here so cheers to you. There's House of Hardcore and I would love to see Chris Hero fight Lance Storm. Other match that I would like to see is Hero vs. Chuck Taylor (for some reason I've liked what I've seen of Taylor)

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My big fear looking at some of the matches booked in Hero's comeback tour is that too many big matches are being thrown out at once. It'll be a great couple of months, but what happens 6 months down the line when all the fresh opposition is already gone?

Anywho, Hero vs. Elgin is the one big match I've yet to see a company book.

Castiel

Reaction score
I don't follow the indies that much (thanks to the fact that I live in Puerto Rico and I don't have a clue on where to see the shows for free), I just read what you guys post here so cheers to you. There's House of Hardcore and I would love to see Chris Hero fight Lance Storm. Other match that I would like to see is Hero vs. Chuck Taylor (for some reason I've liked what I've seen of Taylor)

If booked in DGUSA then Chuck vs Hero could kill honestly. I'm not a big follower of the company but seeing his brawl with Jon Davis impressed me a lot so I assume Chuck is just more serious there?

My big fear looking at some of the matches booked in Hero's comeback tour is that too many big matches are being thrown out at once. It'll be a great couple of months, but what happens 6 months down the line when all the fresh opposition is already gone?

Anywho, Hero vs. Elgin is the one big match I've yet to see a company book.

Good point actually, luckily it'll all be fresh until it happens in a PWG ring for me to see! :lol:

Elgin is a big one that I'm surprised wasn't booked immediately! Would be nice for people to tossing any build away and giving Hero a world title shot in their company right away. Have him his way up again and have some good matches on the way to the big champion. It should be noted that PWX did not book Hero vs their champ Caleb Konley but instead against Cedric Alexander and after that against Rich Swann! Very nice to see and interesting matches as well. Hero is in a great position to help a lot of younger guys right now but hopefully he doesn't have to constantly lose which seems like it'll be the case in his world title matches.