• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Whitney Houston found dead.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Legendary pop singer Whitney Houston was found dead Saturday at a Beverly Hills, California, hotel, officials said. She was 48.
The entertainer, whose incredible talent was discovered at an early age, was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. (6:55 p.m. ET) at the Beverly Hilton hotel despite resuscitation efforts, a police spokesman said.
Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mark Rosen said there were "no obvious signs of criminal intent" and that the cause of her death is being investigated.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/11/showbiz/whitney-houston-dead/index.html

It's a loss to music that she's passed so young. I was never a huge fan but my parents are so I know a fair few of her songs.

Examples of her music.

Jonathan

Champion
I can't believe she's dead, well actually I can.
The past years she's been ruined by drugs and I can't honestly say I didn't expect this, because it was just guaranteed.

A sad loss to the music world.
RIP.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Oh, years of drug-abuse can actually kill you? Who knew.

She made some pretty OK songs, but was hardly a humanitarian. Unless somebody has actually made the world a better place, or is personally/emotionally connected to me*, I find it pointless to mourn.

* Granted this part can also contain an artist of which I admire (music or any other form of entertainment). But I simply never had a connection with Whitney Houston. Thousands of people die every hour, and not a tear shed by anyone, but apparently someone who sang a few good songs a few decades ago deserves more praise.

Crayo

The Boss
Anonymous said:
Oh, years of drug-abuse can actually kill you? Who knew.

She made some pretty OK songs, but was hardly a humanitarian. Unless somebody has actually made the world a better place, or is personally/emotionally connected to me*, I find it pointless to mourn.

* Granted this part can also contain an artist of which I admire (music or any other form of entertainment). But I simply never had a connection with Whitney Houston. Thousands of people die every hour, and not a tear shed by anyone, but apparently someone who sang a few good songs a few decades ago deserves more praise.

God I agree too much.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
'sang a few good songs'??? She is widely considered to have one of the greatest voices of all times

It's eery that she died in the hotel where they were having pre-Grammy parties the same night. She had something like 7 straight #1 hits, which is unheard of

I'm not saying you should mourn her if you don't want to, but let's not belittle her career

Crayo

The Boss
Dolph'sZiggler said:
'sang a few good songs'??? She is widely considered to have one of the greatest voices of all times

It's eery that she died in the hotel where they were having pre-Grammy parties the same night. She had something like 7 straight #1 hits, which is unheard of

I'm not saying you should mourn her if you don't want to, but let's not belittle her career

Yet if a forcefully homeless man died no one would care.

#Society

Her choice to do drugs, I had the same reaction when Amy Whinehouse died. I literally was thinking "At least it's another example we can give to drug users" Only people I feel sad for ever is their families.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Crayo said:
Yet if a forcefully homeless man died no one would care.

#Society

Her choice to do drugs, I had the same reaction when Amy Whinehouse died. I literally was thinking "At least it's another example we can give to drug users" Only people I feel sad for ever is their families.

I didn't disagree with you not caring that she died did I? All I said was you were making it out like she was a flash in the pan singer who had 3 good songs. She was a legend who is considered by many the greatest signer of all time

If Michael Jordan died and someone said 'Why should I care just because he made a few shots in the NBA?' I'd correct them on Jordan's greatness just the same

Crayo

The Boss
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I didn't disagree with you not caring that she died did I? All I said was you were making it out like she was a flash in the pan singer who had 3 good songs. She was a legend who is considered by many the greatest signer of all time

If Michael Jordan died and someone said 'Why should I care just because he made a few shots in the NBA?' I'd correct them on Jordan's greatness just the same

I never said she made a few good songs... quoting the wrong person bud.