When will Matt Morgan Win the Title ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MaJudiH

Reaction score
When Will The BluePrint Matt Morgan win the title. Well we all know TNA Mangement gave he a step up. But I really want to see him win the title. Probably when he beat kurt angle at Bound For Glory he will get a title shot and win.

gashface

Reaction score
I don't think it will be yet, but I do think it will be sometime within the next year.

Airfixx

Must admit I haven't seen a great deal of Morgan, but of what I saw he looked pretty decent (especially his agility for such a big guy), yet I read tonnes of comments about him being shit and so on...

What gives... What exactly is 'letting him down'?

EDIT: Just clocked this...

Wiki: "In 2008, Morgan accepted an offer to appear on the third series of American Gladiators as one of the Gladiators."

Oh dear! Not a good 'look' for a champ.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
^ why not?, he was like the most hyped gladiator and its on a cable network that people actually watch for more than the ultimate fighter

MaJudiH

Reaction score
I think he has alot of good wrestling abilties. He has the potential to be the TNA Heavyweight Champoin, Plus I hope to see him fight Bobby Lashley and kick Kurt Angles ASS!!!!!.

Great One

Must admit I haven't seen a great deal of Morgan, but of what I saw he looked pretty decent (especially his agility for such a big guy), yet I read tonnes of comments about him being shit and so on...

Wiki: "In 2008, Morgan accepted an offer to appear on the third series of American Gladiators as one of the Gladiators."

He's pretty damn good. I think people just downtalk him for the sake of him being a big guy and that they're tools (I don't see how he seems "lost in the ring" at all whatsoever, dumb excuse). He does seem pretty damn tall, but I guess it's ok for TNA (would be great in the WWE probably). But I'd like to see Daniels and Hernandez win it before he does.

MaJudiH

Reaction score
Daniels will probably win the X division title.

phantomgerald

He needs more quality feuds. If this thing with Angle is well played out, then he could elevate him. Just like how people will remember Styles/Daniels/Joe, or Jarrett/Sting, or Sabin/Low-ki, every wrestler, especially in TNA, needs that big feud that people will remember when they put Matt Morgan in Tna in the same sentence.

Another that could be holding him down is Hernandez. Both of them are getting a push at the same time, and I think at the top of the card, there's only space for one agile big guy who's a face. Either one of them has to turn heel, or one has to accept a lower spot in the card because we can't see two matches in a row where the face big man dominates in a 1-on-1 matchup.

xtremebadass

First quater of 2009 definitely. However, a Heel would have to beat AJ for the belt, probably Angle and Morgan would get it at Lockdown, but then again TNA would be screwing over AJ Styles.

paulie

Reaction score
i must admit i was never really a huge fan of matt but in the past year he has got so much better i do think he will get the title but it should stay on aj for a while IMO

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I've been a fan of Matt Morgan since he was Jim Cornette's assistant. The only time I just COULD NOT watch his matches is when he was feuding with Abyss. They were very badly timed and their spots were way too obvious/took to long to finish (which since I've really only seen it with Abyss, I'd say it's his fault....or they just had no chemistry at all). So I'm all for Morgan winning the title at some point, just not right now.

Kizza

I think he'll actually be the one to take it off AJ. They had a pretty good set of 3 matches and would not object to a full blown feud. He;s really grown on me these last 6 months, but i'd rather see Morgan beat AJ for it in about 6 months time then have Kurt or Sting or Joe win it AGAIN.

Reaction score

He does look lost in the ring. I watched that six man tag a few weeks ago and after he'd knock AJ down he'd stand there waiting for AJ to call the next spot at least three times. It's not being a "tool" to call things the way they are. He looked lost.

I don't care for the guy as top hoss since I prefer Hernandez to him, he's not awful, he's just not ready for the spot he's in right now. Hernandez has more heat and could do alot more for TNA's pedestrian viewership, why not stop jerking him and the fans around insted of trying to recreate the magic that was Tomko?

Airfixx

"Airfixx said:
Morgan accepted an offer to appear on the third series of American Gladiators as one of the Gladiators."

^ why not?, he was like the most hyped gladiator and its on a cable network that people actually watch for more than the ultimate fighter

Why not...? Which would you prefer....? The fact that these doofusses fight with oversized cotton buda or the fact that a supposed hard, tough, athletic pro-wrestler would be seen to have random members of the public get the better of them?

I think he'll actually be the one to take it off AJ. They had a pretty good set of 3 matches and would not object to a full blown feud. He;s really grown on me these last 6 months, but i'd rather see Morgan beat AJ for it in about 6 months time then have Kurt or Sting or Joe win it AGAIN.

I don't watch TNA that much but if they are serious about him then I'd have him form an friendship/alliance with AJ during a long-ish title reign - Covering AJs back when the odds are too heavily stacked against him - only for Morgan to eventually turn on AJ and fued with im for the belt.

Classic old school booking... (As long as they've got enough heels to keep AJs defenses interesting.)

Reaction score
I would probably give it at least another year so that he can build up and become more of name figure for the company.
It's definitely way too soon for him to be carrying the belt right now.