When was the WWE roster at its best?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BruceHart

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
Yup, 92. Flair showing up in WWE w/ the WHC saying he was the real champ is one of my all time favorite angles. Just a shame WWF botched the Hogan/Flair mania match. dumbfucks. They had it on a tee

Finally you are coming around.....this is good to see

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
What are you talking about?

I am discussing the main point of this thread, You are your 1992 fetishes are the man part of this thread

BruceHart

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
Shut up you idiot, why are you bothering me

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yup, 92. Flair showing up in WWE w/ the WHC saying he was the real champ is one of my all time favorite angles. Just a shame WWF botched the Hogan/Flair mania match. dumbfucks. They had it on a tee

I hear it was for good reasons. Their house show matches against one another (they had a couple in late '91) did terrible and so Vince feared the match wouldn't be as big of a draw as some had hoped and pulled the plug. The other reason was that Hogan was getting grilled in the media due to the steroid scandal firing up and so it was suggested he take a long vacation after Wrestlemania 8 to let things cool off. In that case, winning the title from Flair was a no go, as was any ending that had Flair retaining the championship, be it Flair winning or the match ending in a no contest.

If Flair had came into the company in '88 like he stated nearly happened in his book, then the match almost certainly would have happened at Wrestlemania 5 and no doubt been a much bigger deal then since both Hogan and Flair was closer to their prime. There was even a big news story on TV that same year talking about how huge a Hogan/Flair match would have been.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I hear it was for good reasons. Their house show matches against one another (they had a couple in late '91) did terrible and so Vince feared the match wouldn't be as big of a draw as some had hoped and pulled the plug. The other reason was that Hogan was getting grilled in the media due to the steroid scandal firing up and so it was suggested he take a long vacation after Wrestlemania 8 to let things cool off. In that case, winning the title from Flair was a no go, as was any ending that had Flair retaining the championship, be it Flair winning or the match ending in a no contest.

If Flair had came into the company in '88 like he stated nearly happened in his book, then the match almost certainly would have happened at Wrestlemania 5 and no doubt been a much bigger deal then since both Hogan and Flair was closer to their prime. There was even a big news story on TV that same year talking about how huge a Hogan/Flair match would have been.

How is Hogan/Vince refusing to let Flair go over 'for good reasons'? Those are terrible reasons, especially since Hogan needed to lay low, PUT FLAIR OVER AND LET HIM CARRY THE COMPANY.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
99 through 2001. Kane, Rocky, Taker as the American Badass, Rikishi ect..