When Cena Retires...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Of course :gusta: With love and care in every sip

swangirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Other than throw a party and celebrate.
I could see either Dolph Ziggler,Roman Reigns or Daniel Bryan being the face of the company.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
I'd go with Neville, but I don't think so. Maybe Rollins is a good option. Punk said on twitter something like this.

I'm the Seth Rollins from the future

Maybe that's a clue

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
No one has said Orton, which is surprising. I can see him getting a long (longer than Punk's) WWE title reign in the future. The company love him and there is rarely a show that he isn't involved on (PPVs, SD etc). As much as I'd like to see a new guy being pushed, I could imagine that if Cena died tomorrow, Orton would be the new face of the company.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Samoan. Let's not get into technicalities here. I think Jim Ross even said himself that he thinks Big E can become the first Black WWE champion, and then had a little back-and-forth with a fan who was like "ROCK!?!?". Let's face it, WWE don't consider him to be Black, lol.

If WWE were racist, they wouldn't put a title on a Samoan either lol. Funny how a lot of people have the weird perception that racism means hating on the black man as opposed to what it really means, which is treating any one race as inferior to any other. And when you look back at just black men in the WWF, how many of them do you think really had what it took to be THE top guy? Ahmed Johnson had the look but not the charisma. Bobby Lashley's voice didn't match up to his intimidating look (his body, not his head) at all. Booker T. was entertaining but seemed like more of a mid-range guy and not someone you'd rely on as the top hand. Shelton Benjamin was a charisma vacuum. Rodney Mack? Nothing special. MVP? I don't see "the face of WWE" in him either.

As for the topic, I don't really agree with Daniel Bryan or Dolph Ziggler being the guys who could take Cena's spot. Bryan is a workhorse, he is over, he can sell merchandise, but it still remains to be seen if he can actually be relied on to sell tickets or sell PPVs as the main event attraction, the #1 guy that people pay to see above all others. I don't think he'll ever quite reach that level but he can still be an essential part of the main event scene, and similar to Jericho, drop down here and there to win the Intercontinental or United States Championship to help raise it's prestige now and again. As for Ziggler, I don't see anything that screams Main Eventer. He's a workhorse too, but he doesn't have much of a character that draws me in and seems more fit as a heel who can win the titles now and then just to put others over when dropping them to him. How well he does as a baby face is still to be seen. I think Big E Langston would be a second tier kind of star as well - maybe a frequent main eventer but usually as a challenger, maybe a title reign or two, but I don't think WWE will put all their chips on him to carry the company.

I personally doubt the next face is part of the active roster yet... Unless someone does an unexpected complete 180 and turns into something completely different (like a Rocky Maivia/The Rock transformation, even though Maivia still had charisma in those early days) and surprises everyone. I personally would be fine with not having another top face for at least 2-3 years after Cena retires or is relinquished from the top spot. I'd rather just have a group of guys who are top tier main eventers but none of them really stand out as the definite top face (Foley, Undertaker, Edge, Orton, CM Punk, HHH, etc.) It makes things less predictable since you know there's not just one specific guy who's gonna hold the world title for the majority of the time and get the Wrestlemania main event and victory virtually every year.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I really don't know. I see lots of guys who could be franchise players, but not the guy, it may be size, lack of mic skill, color, whatever, something holds them back. But a transitional period (without a set face of the company) it a possibility imo.