What's the ONE match you most want to see?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Bryan vs Batista again because of the angle behind the first one, plus the first match was great considering it barely went on five(?) minutes.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Cena vs Taker is cool on paper, but would anyone really care if Cena won or lost? I guess some people would be 'angry marks' if Cena beats the streak, but outside of them who cares?

That Rumble scenario sounds immense, would be pro.

Really? This match is probably the biggest possible match today barring Rock/Lesnar (only because of the mainstream publicity of both guys.) People are heavily invested in Undertaker's streak matches and the audience feels stronger about Cena more than they do any other superstar. Combine those two components with one another and you have a match that will draw huge interest, especially since Cena's the only guy people could buy ending the streak at this point. It's also the perfect way for Taker to go out, facing off with this generation's biggest star, which he hasn't done even once since Cena's rise to the top. They've been kept apart this long for a reason.

While not quite the same, it could be the closest thing to this generation's Hogan/Andre.

lol @ not one person putting Bryan in some dream match. Funny.

A match with Shawn Michaels (and to a lesser extent, Triple H and Chris Jericho) in their prime would be great. If Bret wasn't old and Benoit was alive and his prime and if Angle was in his prime (don't really know how good he is today), then those are three opponents I'd love to see Bryan square off against as well.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Really? This match is probably the biggest possible match today barring Rock/Lesnar (only because of the mainstream publicity of both guys.) People are heavily invested in Undertaker's streak matches and the audience feels stronger about Cena more than they do any other superstar. Combine those two components with one another and you have a match that will draw huge interest, especially since Cena's the only guy people could buy ending the streak at this point. It's also the perfect way for Taker to go out, facing off with this generation's biggest star, which he hasn't done even once since Cena's rise to the top. They've been kept apart this long for a reason.
Maybe its just me that's not feeling it. I wouldn't care one way or the other who won.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Maybe its just me that's not feeling it. I wouldn't care one way or the other who won.
I'm with you there. The streak would be meaningless if broken by Cena IMO. I also know that he's the only one that they'd let beat the streak. It should be used to elevate someone into top guy status, but we all know it won't.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm with you there. The streak would be meaningless if broken by Cena IMO. I also know that he's the only one that they'd let beat the streak. It should be used to elevate someone into top guy status, but we all know it won't.
Exactly. Kayfabe or otherwise nobody is 'doubting' Cena and suddenly he breaks the streak and they are like OK NOW HE'S THE GUY! What does it accomplish? OMG CEMENTS HIM AS THE ABSOLUTE GOAT! Kayfabe-wise maybe, but who wants to hear about cena being the kayfabe GOAT? fuck him. He's good but I don't want to hear that shit

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't think for a second they'd actually give Cena the streak but knowing a lot of other people would and seeing the amount of emotion they'd put into the match not knowing for certain who would win would make it an epic confrontation to me. Plus, as I said, it's the perfect way to book Taker's retirement. There's no bigger opponent to retire against right now than Cena (and one isn't gonna suddenly pop up in the next two or three years, honestly.)

I'd prefer if someone actually DID end the streak (not Cena, not even to turn him heel) but unfortunately, I don't really see someone who's worthy of it such a rub in the company right now (certainly not Daniel Bryan, like others might suggest.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't think for a second they'd actually give Cena the streak but knowing a lot of other people would and seeing the amount of emotion they'd put into the match not knowing for certain who would win would make it an epic confrontation to me. Plus, as I said, it's the perfect way to book Taker's retirement. There's no bigger opponent to retire against right now than Cena (and one isn't gonna suddenly pop up in the next two or three years, honestly.)

I'd prefer if someone actually DID end the streak (not Cena, not even to turn him heel) but unfortunately, I don't really see someone who's worthy of it such a rub in the company right now (certainly not Daniel Bryan, like others might suggest.)
60651e7fbb31fb40834929e01d4dedb1.png

Reactions: THG?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Lesnar/Cesaro is a match I need to see before I die, would be amazing. Rollins/Ziggler would be another awesome encounter too. What else? Cesaro/Punk, Callihan/Ambrose, Swagger/Cesaro, Zayn/Del Sol, Zayn/Mysterio, Sin Cara/Del Sol, BRyan/Taker, Bryan/Lesnar, Lesnar/Reigns, Lesnar/Sheamus, Sheamus/Batista, Reigns/Batista, Lesnar/Batista, etc.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score

Meh. I'd hold back judgment on whether his push will even end up being successful enough to make him a viable candidate to end the streak, but even so, he strikes me as a prime example of someone who would be great at challenging the streak but not one who succeeds. I'm sure Reigns will be a star, but I want someone who isn't just another marketable big man to end it.