What's the dumbest story angle you think the WWE has ever done?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Katie.

Vick.

Cole vs. Lawler
Hornswoggle McMahon
Bossman dragging Big Show's dad's coffin through the cemetery

And I have to defend the Mr. America angle with Hogan. It was a tribute to an old-school wrestling angle where the heel authority figure would fire the popular babyface and he would have to come back under a mask when everybody knew who was under the mask. Probably the most famous use of it was when Dusty Rhodes won the NWA Title under a mask after he'd been fired in Florida (and then had to surrender the title or remove his mask...he chose to surrender the title).

wk

I remember the Dusty angle. Another one was Andre the Giant was filming "The Princess Bride" and they wrote him off television with a suspension for no showing a tag match with King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd. Then he came back as a supposed Japanese wrestler under a mask called the Giant Machine. However, that story was never concluded, Andre just came back as himself.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I remember the Dusty angle. Another one was Andre the Giant was filming "The Princess Bride" and they wrote him off television with a suspension for no showing a tag match with King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd. Then he came back as a supposed Japanese wrestler under a mask called the Giant Machine. However, that story was never concluded, Andre just came back as himself.

I remember the Giant Machine bit. Even at, like, 10, I was just like: "Why's Andre wearing a mask?"

wk

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I honestly think the Mr. America story angle with Hulk Hogan on Smackdown back in mid 2003 was really dumb. The story angle was if whether or not Mr. America really is Hulk Hogan behind the mask, as if the fans/audience are really Blue enough to believe that it isn't Hulk Hogan behind the disguised mask, despite how VERY PAINFULLY OBVIOUS they made it by having him use the "Real American" theme song for Mr. America/Hulk Hogan's entrance along with the way Mr. America cuts his promos and segments.

I'm pretty sure this was among the nails in my coffin for WWE back then. I remember Hulk's fake shit and hating this stuff.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
dear god you cannot support Trump WK. You do that, what's next? Total Dvia's?

Whoa!

Who says I support Trump? I just think that's two egomaniacs seeking jobs that are perfect for egomaniacs. Of course, I also realize that Vince would never play second-fiddle to anybody, not even his good buddy Trump.

And I'd never watch Total Divas. If Mrs. Wacokid27 wants to watch it and I just happen to be in the room, what happens is what happens. Besides, now she actually pays attention to part of Raw and Smackdown when I'm watching them in the living room.

wk

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Whoa!

Who says I support Trump? I just think that's two egomaniacs seeking jobs that are perfect for egomaniacs. Of course, I also realize that Vince would never play second-fiddle to anybody, not even his good buddy Trump.

And I'd never watch Total Divas. If Mrs. Wacokid27 wants to watch it and I just happen to be in the room, what happens is what happens. Besides, now she actually pays attention to part of Raw and Smackdown when I'm watching them in the living room.

wk
Thank you daddy.
1b5ffd454471c0c1ff2158858fa18592.400x225x32.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Wacokid27

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Vince getting killed by a exploding Limo :sad2:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
No, but he was licking Mae Young's foot at Wrestlemania 22.
So he was gimmicking Tony Atlas then, who has a shoot foot fetish. I think it was him who got caught jacking it into one of the ladies shoes back in the hulkamania days

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Oh, anyone remember Beaver Cleavage? That gimmick/storyline seems like the absolute shitstain. Not to mention didn't it end with the guy getting shoot buried for beating up his wife?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I think OP misunderstood the Mr America angle, it was supposed to be obviously Hogan that's what caused McMahon's annoyance.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
So he was gimmicking Tony Atlas then, who has a shoot foot fetish. I think it was him who got caught jacking it into one of the ladies shoes back in the hulkamania days

I think that's extremely speculative. He wasn't doing anything like that and it wasn't implied that he was. The foot fetish was used by other female wrestlers as sort of a way to bribe him to do things. And the thing with Mae Young was completely consensual where it seems Tony Atlas's behavior was not. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say he was gimmicking Atlas whereas it seems more likely he was just a guy in the company with a story line foot fetish.