What's the dumbest story angle you think the WWE has ever done?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Katie Vick is the correct answer here. The necrophilia stuff didn't really bother me as it was more unintentionally funny than anything (albeit a desperate way to try and stir up controversy again as well), but the fact that it contradicted pretty much everything about Kane's backstory (on top of being a boring feud in general) was what made it terrible.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Katie Vick undoubtedly.

Other bad ones:

Kane and Lita the forced marriage, implied rape (even though she went along with it, she was forced into the marriage and the sex so it qualifies as rape), pregnancy and having Snitsky cause the miscarriage only for Lita and Kane to join against him only to have Lita turn on Kane for Edge .

Mae Young giving birth to a hand.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Jacob leave Snitsky out of this thread! It wasn't his fault!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'll make it up to him by letting him lick Betty White's foot.
Snitsky is Tony Atlas?

Alsom pretty sure it isn't an abortion anymore when the baby is born and can be punted out into a sea of people.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Snitsky is Tony Atlas?

Alsom pretty sure it isn't an abortion anymore when the baby is born and can be punted out into a sea of people.

No, but he was licking Mae Young's foot at Wrestlemania 22.

I'm confused about the abortion comment as I didn't mention anything about one. I do recall the event of kicking the "baby" though.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Can't forget Undertaker vs Undertaker and Kane vs Kane.

Undertaker battling a doppelganger of himself actually headlined a Summerslam (if you can believe that, and over a very excellent bout between Bret Hart and Owen Hart inside a steel cage, too), and the Kane vs Kane stuff was even worst once you know the intention behind it. Glen Jacobs was giving serious thoughts about retiring around this time (this was 2006-ish), but they loved the Kane character so much that they wanted to keep him around, so their intention was to pass the character on to someone new by revealing that the 'new' Kane had actually been the real one all along (brother of the Undertaker, physically/mentally scarred by fire, etc.) and that the Kane we were all familiar with (as played by Glen Jacobs) had actually been an impostor for all these years. However, Kane decided not to retire and so the angle was put to rest.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The Nexus was bad after they lost half their members mysteriously. I mean in June they had 8 and by October they had 4? wtf
Bryan got fired
Young got killed out for no reason (this was all because of Summerslam 2010)
Shefiled (aka Ryback) got injured, he fucked up
Tarver fucked up too, got killed off
Well then they recruited McGillicuty (aka Curtis Axel) and Harris (aka Bray Wyatt) and it made them a little interesting again and I saw hope, then Punk, who I hate to say, actually killed them.

The Nexus would've had more potential if they won at Summerslam and didn't screw up with getting yanking ties and getting injured.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The whole Anonymous GM shtick that was dragged on for about two years is the most recent one that comes to mind. The big payoff was Jerry figuring out that it was Hornswoggle, yeah. I think I took an extended break after that happened.
Oh, that one was bad, and then the GM returned after its reveal like Hornswoggle was never the GM! That went no where

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Can't forget Undertaker vs Undertaker and Kane vs Kane.

Undertaker battling a doppelganger of himself actually headlined a Summerslam (if you can believe that, and over a very excellent bout between Bret Hart and Owen Hart inside a steel cage, too), and the Kane vs Kane stuff was even worst once you know the intention behind it. Glen Jacobs was giving serious thoughts about retiring around this time (this was 2006-ish), but they loved the Kane character so much that they wanted to keep him around, so their intention was to pass the character on to someone new by revealing that the 'new' Kane had actually been the real one all along (brother of the Undertaker, physically/mentally scarred by fire, etc.) and that the Kane we were all familiar with (as played by Glen Jacobs) had actually been an impostor for all these years. However, Kane decided not to retire and so the angle was put to rest.

I was actually at the Summerslam with the Undertaker vs Undertaker match. Although the real Undertaker was wearing purple gloves, you really couldn't tell and although the real Undertaker was taller, when they were grappling it wasn't easy to tell who was who. It was really painful to watch.

The Hart vs Hart match was indeed far superior.

Reactions: Red Rain

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Masked Festus vs. Kane in 2006 - With the worst, and most anti-climatic ending of all Kane storylines. Beside the hooking of Davari in 2007.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I was actually at the Summerslam with the Undertaker vs Undertaker match. Although the real Undertaker was wearing purple gloves, you really couldn't tell and although the real Undertaker was taller, when they were grappling it wasn't easy to tell who was who. It was really painful to watch.

The Hart vs Hart match was indeed far superior.
Are we talking about Bruce Hart going into business for himself here?

Bruce Hart for Bruce Hart award 2015

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Katie Vick is the correct answer here. The necrophilia stuff didn't really bother me as it was more unintentionally funny than anything (albeit a desperate way to try and stir up controversy again as well), but the fact that it contradicted pretty much everything about Kane's backstory (on top of being a boring feud in general) was what made it terrible.
Pretty much. The necrophilia never really bothered/disgusted me either. I was more concerned of how laughably stupid the story angle behind it was because it made no sense with Kane's backstory. The first time I was following this whole story angle between Kane and Triple H buiding up to No Mercy in 2002, it made me wonder where was Kane's brother,The Undertaker the whole time Kane has been with Katie Vick by this story logic.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Katie.

Vick.

Cole vs. Lawler
Hornswoggle McMahon
Bossman dragging Big Show's dad's coffin through the cemetery

And I have to defend the Mr. America angle with Hogan. It was a tribute to an old-school wrestling angle where the heel authority figure would fire the popular babyface and he would have to come back under a mask when everybody knew who was under the mask. Probably the most famous use of it was when Dusty Rhodes won the NWA Title under a mask after he'd been fired in Florida (and then had to surrender the title or remove his mask...he chose to surrender the title).

wk

Stopspot

Reaction score
Anyone remember McMahon vs God? That was about as quality as expected. God no sold McMahon like Warrior sold the pedigree.