What would you like to see in the next Pokemon game?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This is for those who actively play the games. I am referring to the ones that were on the 3DS/2DS. As we know, Ultra Sun and Moon will be the last of the Pokemon series on handheld Nintendo systems which means they are doing away with the systems completely. So the next one will be on the Switch.

What would you like to see in the next Pokemon game?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
*shrugs*

For me, while I can't judge Ultra Sun and Moon's post game as I have yet to get to the end of the main story (very close, though...at the Alter of the Sun), I just want a strong post-game afterwards where there is more than just raising mons for competitive. I find joy in that...mainly because I like getting my friends to rage, such as my two Skarmory, Tapu Koko, Umbreon, Sylveon, Tentacruels, Mega-Swampert, Mega Charizards, Biberal, and of course, Noodles (+more), would like to say, it isn't for everyone.

But, for Ultra Sun and Moon itself, it has made improvements in the actual difficulty...like a lot of trials are tough as hell. All the trials starting the second Island are hard and even Hau is tougher. Not to mention that the story, while it is very similar it's improvements are welcome to me. So continue the good stories and make the game hard for veterans, while still being beatable and rewarding.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I was going to mention something on difficulty. I think this next one should have an option seeing as enough adults do play this game still. Maybe have a setting that makes it "standard" like all the other games and then something that is just rated "difficult". This way adults get more of a challenge and kids can still have fun playing it on normal.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I was going to mention something on difficulty. I think this next one should have an option seeing as enough adults do play this game still. Maybe have a setting that makes it "standard" like all the other games and then something that is just rated "difficult". This way adults get more of a challenge and kids can still have fun playing it on normal.

A challenge mode/difficulty can be good, with it being available from the start...Although if you were playing the new ones you'd know they can be a pain and Game Freak made these ones actually hard.

Hau's team is tough, with me checking his team for the final battle with him in the main story including a lot of heavy hitters and for the battle on the third island, I ran out of healing items.

Guzma's team is even harder...

Lusamine, still crazy (although I say 10% less crazy, but still a bitch) and her team is still difficult.

Totems...

While the Normal one is fairly easy...The Water one, without an electric type that can tank a hit, can be a pain. Legit, it had BUBBLE AND IT WAS ALMOST ONE HIT KO-ING EVERYTHING! Fire, even harder than last game! Grass, still a pain in the butt unless you have a strong flying or fire type...Good thing I had both with my Wrestling duo of Kane and Rey Mysterio. Then the Electric trial...WAY HARDER THAN THE LAST GAME AND YOU WILL HAVE RAGE! Ghost...Still a Nightmare :badum: Final Island, Dragon is actually potentially painful. Considering Kommo-O and his allies has ways to deal with Fairies (Kommo-O has type coverage for all its weaknesses itself minus one type...with an Ally covering that...) and even a berry to reduce super-effective damage from a weakness and an omniboost, have a nice day, KO'ed half my team this morning.

Not to mention there is one more new trial I have yet to face...

NOW BACK TO MY PAPER, 500 MORE WORDS TO GO!

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Still hoping for a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remake on the Switch.

Those games are my favourite so far in the series, and seeing them remade on a console like the Switch would be just amazing for someone like myself.

I'd be open to anything else though, but I doubt it's the time to introduce a new generation. So the only options are the rumoured Pokemon Stars or the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Pokemon Stadium but with real story progression like the Gameboy games. Pokemon Stadium was good, it's just... it needed more attention to details, but because of cartridge limitations they had to cut corners and make it this arena 1v1 game.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Pokemon Stadium but with real story progression like the Gameboy games. Pokemon Stadium was good, it's just... it needed more attention to details, but because of cartridge limitations they had to cut corners and make it this arena 1v1 game.

You mean....

74bc949f1c2c6a3b7e612bb6a27194ae3b53b6be_00.jpg

And, oh wait...If you want a 3D Pokemon game...

Legendary-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1024x768.jpg

Or

Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-and-Alpha-Sapphire.jpg

or

Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon.jpg

or

Pokemon_UltraSun_Pokemon_UltraMoon.jpg

• Haha

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
You mean....

74bc949f1c2c6a3b7e612bb6a27194ae3b53b6be_00.jpg

And, oh wait...If you want a 3D Pokemon game...

Legendary-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1024x768.jpg

Or

Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-and-Alpha-Sapphire.jpg

or

Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon.jpg

or

Pokemon_UltraSun_Pokemon_UltraMoon.jpg
Stadium is fundamentally different from those games. Yes, you fight in the same arena style battle system, but there's a cinematic feel to stadium matches. Everything seems "hidden," but you can play the game like the gameboy games if you actually pay attention to the small details (as a developer).

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Stadium is fundamentally different from those games. Yes, you fight in the same arena style battle system, but there's a cinematic feel to stadium matches. Everything seems "hidden," but you can play the game like the gameboy games if you actually pay attention to the small details (as a developer).

How is it cinematic? Like, the battles in the current games look great and now, if you just want something to battle people with, there is Pokemon Showdown and other battle simulators online. I don't get what you mean by "A game like Stadium, but like the main series games"

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
How is it cinematic? Like, the battles in the current games look great and now, if you just want something to battle people with, there is Pokemon Showdown and other battle simulators online. I don't get what you mean by "A game like Stadium, but like the main series games"
The games on gameboy are all about exploration, right? Stadium was limited by that. So, the game is linear enough that it feels like traditional multiplayer arena game with RPG battles. But, gameplay wise, Stadium is the genesis of games like Colosseum, XD, and the 3DS games. The problem is, all of these games aren't Gameboy-level games. From what I understand, the gameboy games received that triple A budget, "I want this to sell, and I want this to feel like a game developed with love."

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
The games on gameboy are all about exploration, right? Stadium was limited by that. So, the game is linear enough that it feels like traditional multiplayer arena game with RPG battles. But, gameplay wise, Stadium is the genesis of games like Colosseum, XD, and the 3DS games. The problem is, all of these games aren't Gameboy-level games. From what I understand, the gameboy games received that triple A budget, "I want this to sell, and I want this to feel like a game developed with love."

So, basically, you want a less linear game? Not to mention that other than the 3D element, the current games are not like the Stadium games.

I mean, no matter what, there is a set goal for every game, to become champion, and the rest is up to the player. Complete the Pokedex? Raise the strongest team to battle your friends? Dominate some post-game facility? The story with the current games really has been key. Is it at times linear? Perhaps, but the story, especially in the recent Gen 7 games has made me feel invested in the people around my character. I'm still exploring, and there are a lot of side-quests in the Gen 7 games. Could there be a few more branching paths? Maybe, and I say there is still love and care into these games. They take inspiration from the lore of each real-life area each region is based on, tie their culture into the game. They have references to past games, new characters who are good. Do they want to make money? Of course! It's a company in a competitive gaming market! I can still see some of the love and care taken to these games by playing them. Not to mention, I think the series has taken leaps and bounds since it was on the Gameboy games. Battles have more layers to them, and the game has evolved (pun not intended) while still somewhat staying true to the idea of catching friends, exploring a new region, and making new friends.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
So, basically, you want a less linear game? Not to mention that other than the 3D element, the current games are not like the Stadium games.

I mean, no matter what, there is a set goal for every game, to become champion, and the rest is up to the player. Complete the Pokedex? Raise the strongest team to battle your friends? Dominate some post-game facility? The story with the current games really has been key. Is it at times linear? Perhaps, but the story, especially in the recent Gen 7 games has made me feel invested in the people around my character. I'm still exploring, and there are a lot of side-quests in the Gen 7 games. Could there be a few more branching paths? Maybe, and I say there is still love and care into these games. They take inspiration from the lore of each real-life area each region is based on, tie their culture into the game. They have references to past games, new characters who are good.
Hm. Interesting. Especially the bolded.
Do they want to make money? Of course! It's a company in a competitive gaming market! I can still see some of the love and care taken to these games by playing them. Not to mention, I think the series has taken leaps and bounds since it was on the Gameboy games. Battles have more layers to them, and the game has evolved (pun not intended) while still somewhat staying true to the idea of catching friends, exploring a new region, and making new friends.
I think you misunderstand me. [Responding to bolded] It feels like every time the company releases a new pokemon title, it's repackaged like a madden game. That's what I meant. That's why when you say "somewhat staying true to the idea of catching friends (and pokemon), exploring a new region, and making new friends (and/or pokemons)," it means that fundamentally, the game has changed from the very roots the series started from.

I liked pokemon, but I wasn't a handheld kind of guy. I was more a console guy, so I missed out on the pokemon games. I wanted a true, down to the fucking core - console mother fucking pokemon game, and Stadium was the closet thing to that.

I am a huge sucker for RPG's and Pokemon falls in that category, while being "new." Fresh. However you want to take that.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Since we're adding the ability to have much much more memory, here are some things I've always wanted

1) Accessories for Pokemon: Look at the anime, you have tons of Pokemon with hats and things. I feel like it'd just had that extra bit of closeness if I could give my beloved Leafeon a nice scarf

2) Multiple paths: Every game is "Beat gyms, beat champ". I understand why and I'm okay with that, but maybe I'd rather get in contests, maybe I want to fill the Pokedex, maybe I want to become a gym leader. Of course, I'd probably go for the champ storyline, but being able to pursue different paths to get alternate fully fleshed out stories would be awesome. Maybe in my first playthrough I'm the strongest trainer in the world and battling Champions from different regions, maybe in my second playthrough I'm becoming bffs with Lisia and have to tour the region doing certain tasks. Maybe I'm a gym leader and have to deal with only using x amounts of Pokemon, ending with me being so op I become an elite four member

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Difficulty selection.

Normal - what Pokemon usually is
Hard - Pokemon levels increased by 10%, all gym leaders have 6 Pokemon
Extreme - Pokemon levels increased by 15%, all gym leaders have 6 Pokemon and most Pokemon have competitive sets complete with items like life orb, focus sash, choice scarf, etc.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Since we're adding the ability to have much much more memory, here are some things I've always wanted

1) Accessories for Pokemon: Look at the anime, you have tons of Pokemon with hats and things. I feel like it'd just had that extra bit of closeness if I could give my beloved Leafeon a nice scarf

2) Multiple paths: Every game is "Beat gyms, beat champ". I understand why and I'm okay with that, but maybe I'd rather get in contests, maybe I want to fill the Pokedex, maybe I want to become a gym leader. Of course, I'd probably go for the champ storyline, but being able to pursue different paths to get alternate fully fleshed out stories would be awesome. Maybe in my first playthrough I'm the strongest trainer in the world and battling Champions from different regions, maybe in my second playthrough I'm becoming bffs with Lisia and have to tour the region doing certain tasks. Maybe I'm a gym leader and have to deal with only using x amounts of Pokemon, ending with me being so op I become an elite four member
See, even this guy realizes what I meant. Pokemon thus far is a repeat of the predecessor, rather than going forward. The one thing I enjoyed about the anime is that story. I even watched the Pokemon show on that kids network back when it was hot, and I always thought: "Why doesn't the game go outside of the whole beat gyms, beat champ formula?" In the cartoon/anime, the crew battled outside of the whole "beat gyms, beat champ" formula. Sometimes, it went as far as "beat dungeon, beat legendary," or something else like "beat cave, beat epic." I mean, I get you go into the grass, or the cave to challenge trainers, but other than that, that's it.

Give me something new for once in a while. Something fresh to break up the whole "beat gym" thing.

Reactions: Doxo