What would you do?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Just asking what you guys would do if you were in our position (staff) to get more members to come to the forum and post.

What would you change, add, or delete? I would like to see everybody's opinion on the state of the forum and what needs improvement in your opinion and what should be added or changed

If rep even matters anymore I would gladly add rep to anyone with a respectable response (no spam please).

Thanks! :wink_1:

Travis40

Right now, the only thing I can think of is to advertise as much as possible. Hopefully it could bring new members in, and if not, try something else. I wouldn't really add or delete anything right now. The forum is pretty good the way it is, but it could always be more active. I also wouldn't change anything. The rules are great, and I've had a lot of fun in the past couple of months, since the new rules were put into place. Sorry if I'm not helping much, but the only thing I can think of is the most obvious thing to get new members...advertise.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I wish I had the time I use to have back in high school to advertise the forum. I wouldn't even know where to start advertising these days anyway. I'm so far behind on the times when it comes to computers. I was a master of the computer and internet like 3 years ago everything's so much different now.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Yep. On the note of advertising I would end up getting us affiliations with QCW Radios and the Angry Marks network, the TNAinsider network, The Roughkut Wrestling network, The Wrestleview Network and any other place I am familiar with. Develop a commercial to be aired during the radio show in order to plug the forum every week when QCW goes on the air. That kinda stuff.

When it comes to the web site itself, I would add a personal playlist to the boards at the bottom. Those always seem to be popular. I would bring back the member of the month awards to give people extra incentive to be active and improve. And the award for being MOTM would be to be able to get their own special username color like the Legends, VIP's and Staff get for a month.

Oh yeah, and I would get rid of that stupid rule that says I can't post youtube videos in the GFX section. :).

Then again I did say I'd never become staff on here because I'm not active enough. So even if these ideas above were implemented by a current or new staff member, that'd be gravy.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'm just holding a grudge because I tried to post my youtube trons I made in the GFX section and Wrestling Station moved them to the casual talk section and said that the GFX section was for GFX only. So I give him a hard time about it every once in a blue moon. Still a stupid rule though. lol.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I understand completely. The GFX area should be for graphical artwork. And if you made the art in the youtube video it would make sense to post it in the GFX area. But, it is his section soo... :-/

Wrestling Station

I understand completely. The GFX area should be for graphical artwork. And if you made the art in the youtube video it would make sense to post it in the GFX area. But, it is his section soo... :-/

not anymore, I used to be a gfx mod long time ago >_> now im not.

I wouldn't give a rat ass now if he did post youtube videos in the gfx section.

anyway, back to the topic, I think the forum is experiencing some technical problems. These days I noticed that the server has something like deadtime phases, which lead to errors most of the time I try to view a thread so I have to refresh so many times for me to be able to view the forum again.
This error does make people mad/disturbed and this will make people look out for another forum that doesnt have much errors.
Im not sure about why this deadtime issue is coming up these days (around 3 weeks now) maybe there was an update being installed or some plugin used that causes this problem? not sure.

Beer

If we converted all the lurkers we have on this site to members we'd be up ten fold. It's then same people all the time as well...

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Rules are fine. I guess advertising and trying to focus more on the quality of the posters we may get, than on the quantity.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
If we converted all the lurkers we have on this site to members we'd be up ten fold. It's then same people all the time as well...

Get rid of the trolls and some might actually post.

Anyway, the BTB Section has been spammed, and yeah.

I would get rid of the rep system to be honest. The theory behind the idea but in practice, the code just fails miserably.

PeepShow

Put all the idiots (we all know who they are) in their own section where others can't see them or just get rid of them all together. I'm being serious btw. When I show other people the site and they come here, after a few days, every response is the following: "There's too many idiots/kids on this site."

Just sayin...

Reaction score
Just a thought. Maybe we can post vids in youtube with teasers of some shows from maybe a RAW, TNA or ROH posted video in the VIP room and put that in order to see the full show they can download it here in the forum. It may get some people and we have the rule where newbies have to do certain requirements in order to be a VIP so they have an added push to be active so they'll be able to see what they came from.

C4

If I were you, I'd keep the forum the way it is. Everything is top notch.