What was your favourite line in the shoot promo?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:
That post proved my point. WWE ruined Punk. I'm not arguing that Punk fucksucks now and he went from being a hero to a smurf, I'm arguing that WWE dropped a very hot ball, you made it seem like you know Phil Brooks in real life and it's all his fault.

Hopefully they don't ruin Bryan. But then again Bryan is hard to ruin. WWE tried burying him at WM 28 and instead he became their biggest star.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
JoeRulz said:
SPOILER ALERT: I'm not trolling.

I hated that promo. Now, don't get me wrong, Punk is a top notch mic worker and talker, but that promo was bad, especially in a long term developments.

First of all, Punk turned face, and it's beyond me how can anyone like the CM Punk character. All Punk is doing is bitching, and bitching and MOAR~ bitching. He's a douchebag crybaby. CM Punk is not a guy you put as a No. 2 in your motherfucking company. No way. And that promo was just about "I'm jelly and my dick is bigger than yours" s***. That promo (and especially promos after) just screamed "DOUCHEBAG and HYPOCRITE", because that was CM Punk is. For God's sake, I was with Cena in that storyline (and I dislike Cena), because at least Cena doesn't pretend, and doesn't think it's the other way (well, at least not at that time). It's beyond me how can anyone stand by hypocrites and charlatans like CM Punk. He's a manipulator douchebag, kayfabe and real life.

Every time I hear the promo, it's disappointing. I remembered this as an epic moment, this massive promo of Punk tearing down the WWE and all it stood for, but it really just comes off as this big work with some smark stuff thrown in. Heyman and even Joey Styles did much better. The timing of the shoot... we had Cena and Orton with the belts having two abominable title reigns, finishing up feuds like Kofi/Dolph that were boring as hell, just lazily threw the MITB contenders out there with no build and it seemed like yet another PPV with terrible build and a pointless product leading up to it (you know, just like WWE is now), and Punk was clearly a challenger of the month until HHH descends upon Summerslam. Shit was terrible, then Punk completely shocked the wrestling world.

As for Punk, that was clearly a heel promo designed to rip the company, but it got him over like crazy as a face. So the problem is with WWE and the fans who sit in the stands just to hope something big happens, when 99 times out of 100 nothing big will happen and they'll be stuck watching a crappy Raw full of filler garbage. This shoot getting Punk over so much should have told WWE that there was a huge problem within the organization, and the fact that VKM, Steph, God, and UnCreative didn't realize this is the real tragedy in all of it.

Especially quoting Joe because he's right about the differences between then and now... they're almost cringeworthy.

As for my favorite line, it's definitely the one about the doofus son-in-law. If you haven't learned already, I'm not a Triple H fan.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, the shoot was interesting when it first happened. I mean, the product was boring, and that was realtively shocking, at least for me. OK, when he cut the promo it was OK. Until MITB it was OK. But then it started, since Punk was so popular WWE had to make money off him, and they slowly made him a random superman babyface just like Cena is. Now he sounds like a freaking hypocrite indeed. First, the guy's like: "I never get anything around here, the product sucks, I'm better than your main guy, the people running this place have no idea what they're doing.", now that he's the champ and is a main focus of the show (comparing to how he was before the shoot), he doesn't complain about management, makes his corny jokes and that's it. That's because WWE changed the course of his character completely.

Reactions: Snowman1 and Crayo

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
My favorite line was "I'd like to think that this company would be better off when Vince is dead but the fact of the matter is the companies going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and doofus son in law and the rest of his stupid family!"

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A perfect post from Leo C. As usual.

New favorite line, just remembered "This company's going to make money despite itself"