What the hell is with Cena's Attitude Adjustment..?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
What's the difference between a DDT and a Pedigree....not much really except for the fact that Triple H perfected that move an puts his "all" into it. It's just a "bigger" move to hurt a superstar more.

Except that a DDT is designed to drop the top of the head directly onto the mat, which would theoretically impact the neck and spine. The Pedigree is a faceplant with the hands and arms locked above the back/shoulders to prevent the victim from lessening the impact. As a faceplant, it's more designed to shock the frontal lobe and cause severe disorientation.

Your point, however, is well taken. Most finishing moves are used by several other performers as less impactful moves. Everybody has a standing elbow drop, but when the Rock drops the People's Elbow, it's supposedly effective enough to end the match. A lot of guys use flying elbow drops, but when Randy Savage did it, the match was over. A lot of performers use variations of the Uranage Suplex, but Rocky (The Rockbottom) and Booker T (The Book End) both used it as a finishing move. And don't get me started on how many guys use some kind of a punch with momentum, but when Roman Reigns does his "Superman Punch", it's supposedly highly destructive and when the Big Show does a straight right, it always knocks guys out?

Basically, it's all part of the show. Just sit back and enjoy it.

wk

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Except that a DDT is designed to drop the top of the head directly onto the mat, which would theoretically impact the neck and spine. The Pedigree is a faceplant with the hands and arms locked above the back/shoulders to prevent the victim from lessening the impact. As a faceplant, it's more designed to shock the frontal lobe and cause severe disorientation.

Your point, however, is well taken. Most finishing moves are used by several other performers as less impactful moves. Everybody has a standing elbow drop, but when the Rock drops the People's Elbow, it's supposedly effective enough to end the match. A lot of guys use flying elbow drops, but when Randy Savage did it, the match was over. A lot of performers use variations of the Uranage Suplex, but Rocky (The Rockbottom) and Booker T (The Book End) both used it as a finishing move. And don't get me started on how many guys use some kind of a punch with momentum, but when Roman Reigns does his "Superman Punch", it's supposedly highly destructive and when the Big Show does a straight right, it always knocks guys out?

wk
It depends on who's delivering the DDT and who's receiving. Often, I've seen several DDT's where it's more of a faceplant and not hit on top of the head. Perfect example: John Cena. Everytime he gets a DDT, he faceplants.

But yes, I agree with you. Part of the show, enjoy.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score

wk
As for that last part, that's like saying boxers can't knock another out with a simple straight or jab. Although a hook or an uppercut is typically always more effective, a jab or a straight can KO someone. I know that this is WWE and the selling job is really what makes it look good an all, but realistically, it could happen.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but his stf submission has looked a bit sloppy as of late

It has. It looked better when he used a crossface with it, but now it's a rear chinlock, which.....yeah. It does look sloppier now.

wk

Reaction score
Cena was kinda feuding with brock back then, then he copied F-5 w/ his F-U (which means F*ck U)... then when Cena became the face of wwe in this PG era, they renamed it with AA (Michael Cole started calling it, he claims that cena now calls it the Attitude Adjustment, Cena never really explained it to the WWE Universe)

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Off topic but I always really dig Waco's post they're always insightful and just have an enjoyability to them.
I agree with you, even though I've only read a few of them, they're
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but his stf submission has looked a bit sloppy as of late
It's looked sloppy for years

Reactions: seabs

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
AA is just a finishing move. It ends matches, there are tones of finishing moves that don't have the impact of a superplex that don't end matchs, RKO, Stunner, Rock Bottom, Pedigree, Crossroads, etc. etc., but they are billed as "finishers" which in kayfabe are basically their "ultimate move". Doesn't mean the impact will be better, just look at Big E's finisher, it's horrible but since it's billed as a finisher it ends matches. Nothing different that hasn't been done for years in wrestling.