What pro wrestler/s from the 1980s,would you most like seeing make a comeback ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KL700

Reaction score
Irrespective whether anyone mentioned is currently deceased (pretend they were currently alive), but what greatly admired (male or female) 1980s pro wrestlers, would you most like seeing make a present day comeback to pro wrestling and please separately say why, for each person named.

Airfixx

(Prob the wrong section, but...)

A few immediately spring to mind...

Mr Perfect - Sadly, we never really got to see how good he COULD have been thanks to the 80's WWE work-rate... Matches with Bret & Flair point towards what might have been.
Randy Savage (subject to fitness and sanity) - My favourite ever wrestler... Ooooh yeah! : P
Bam Bam Bigelow - Agile, charismatic, bad-ass bigman.. Bam Bam > Vader IMO.... Generally, severely under-appreciated.
Rick Rude... Again, injurys took away what probably would have been his best years and, also similar to Perfect, could work like a motherfucker!
Ricky Steamboat... WM25/Backlash09 says it all... "You still have it!" - WORD!

Reaction score
It's far too late for pretty much anybody from the 1980's to make a comeback. Most, if not all, are nearing their 50's and can't do what they used to. Aging is a losing battle.

Airfixx

^^^As dead guys are allowed, I assumed physical health isn't being considered a factor here. LOL

LKP

Id say Owen hart without a doubt. The guy had talent and he was around in the 80's that is why im mentioning him. He was an awesome wrestler and i think he would have become world champion sooner or later.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Definitely Randy Savage. I still don't know what the hell he did to warrant him being blackballed from wrestling forever. But with his work rate, I think he could still go with a program like Steamboat did this year.

Other than him, not many come to mind who could truly matter for a comeback. Rick Rude barring injuries of course. The guy was really coming into his own as a world class heavyweight champion in WCW.

King Kong Bundy! I'd love to see bundy back in the action. If they are gonna treat all their mid carders like jobbers, at least make em job in style against the walking condominium (spelling?)

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
roddy-piper-300x231.jpg

I WOULD DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS IF HE CAME BACK FULL TIME.

Axis

Reaction score
Mr. Perfect could have had a good run in early 2002, if Raw and Smackdown weren't full of bullshit reminiscent of WWF 1999. For every awful awful Triple H segment they put up, they could have put together two Perfect segments. I firmly believe that, if the WWE capitalized on the great return that Hennig had at the Rumble that year, he could have gone on to have a terrific program with Kurt Angle leading to a Wrestlemania match. It would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining than his pseudo-feud and match with Kane.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Unfortunately his general behaviour and 'the flight from hell' put paid to a longer return run, but I'm still clueless as to why, specifically, he didn't feature on the 'road to WM' after that (he wasn't released until some months after).

Lil' Woj21

Reaction score
Shit i wish The Rock would come back and do his thing. Hes stooping lower and lower with these movies that hes coming out with.

Andre the Giant if he was still alive. He possibly could of had a long career if he didnt die man. Shits sad.

British Bulldog. He would of had a bad ass career. Like he was a crowd favorite and he had the abilities to last in the WWE. :)

Airfixx

Reaction score
Shit i wish The Rock would come back and do his thing. Hes stooping lower and lower with these movies that hes coming out with.

Rocky was SO not a star of the 80's

Andre the Giant if he was still alive. He possibly could of had a long career if he didnt die man. Shits sad.

Andre started out in the 60's and was with WWWF by 1973, appearing until 1991/2.

British Bulldog. He would of had a bad ass career. Like he was a crowd favorite and he had the abilities to last in the WWE. :)

Bulldogs debuted in WWF in 1986 and had already been wrestling for years.......

Just how long do you expect a guy's career to be? lol