What pro wrestler/s from the 1980s,would you most like seeing make a comeback ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Bobby the Brain Heenan (it's really sad how his health took such a downturn, barely recognizable anymore)

I miss the days when nearly everybody had a manager. That era was awesome when there was Slick, The Brain, Jimmy Hart, Mr. Fuji, Sherri etc.

Lil' Woj21

Reaction score
Rocky was SO not a star of the 80's

Andre started out in the 60's and was with WWWF by 1973, appearing until 1991/2.

Bulldogs debuted in WWF in 1986 and had already been wrestling for years.......

Just how long do you expect a guy's career to be? lol

Look at Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart and Ric Flair. Im sure if Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan can do it. Im sure a whole bunch of other people can make it past their prime.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^^"W-a-a-a-a-a-y PAST THEIR prime" would be far more truthful.

They guys you mentioned were great... Just seemed to be (and still is) strange reasoning on your part.

Maybe it's just me but I don't enjoy seeing guys who are a shadow of their former selves (The exception being the Flair retirement angle cos it made complete sense and told a great story.).

Conversely, are you telling me you actually enjoy seeing Hogan & Flair drag their out of shape bod's around the ring whilst young guys 'humiliate' themselves bumping like crazy for them?

(I saw a snapshot of Flair chopping Samoa Joe earlier today... It looked preposterous!)

As for your mention of Bret... His career didn't last any longer than DBSmith and or Andre (Granted he's just had a mini-run in WWE, but I hope you know what I mean by Brets 'career').....

Lil' Woj21

Reaction score
I know what your saying. Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan should of hit the bricks a long time ago. Ric Flair just looks like a worn out mattress. It seems that every time Ric Flair wrestles, He ends up bleeding everywhere. Just plain stupid to me. Oh well..... Same thing with Hogan.

Airfixx

Reaction score
So your previous counter-comments were just reactionary crap and ultimately you AGREE with me?

: pffffff :

hbkfan

Reaction score
if i had my way ricky steamboat would be awesome to see on a regular basis.

Reaction score
if i had my way ricky steamboat would be awesome to see on a regular basis.

Steamer could still outwork over half the roster today. A big reason he is in such awesome shape is because he stepped away from the ring before he had to step away from the ring. Steamer is a hoss.

I'd like a clean, sober Jake Roberts, but that's like asking for money to fall out of the sky. There have maybe been only six or less heels as awesome as Jake was in 91 since then; Hogan, Austin, Trips, HBK,well that's about it. Angle, Kane, and Cena get honorable mentions, but are not on that level.

I'd also dig a return from Piper in an authority figure. His guest hosting of Raw was second best, only behind Ventura and he doesn't seem so friggin wigged out on whatever he was on back in 03.

Everyone else I'd like to see from the 80's is either dead, way past their primes or too chemically imbalanced that they should be dead.