What now for Chris Jericho?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Merged Tapout's thread into here as it's on the same subject.

Deuce

Reaction score
Re: Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

I'd love this feud but I honestly don't see it happening. I think Jericho may be the one to challenge Sheamus for the WHC at SummerSlam. As for Ziggler, I see a briefcase with his name on it.

Jericho vs Sheamus for the WHC sounds like a great match, I'm pretty positive Jericho would pull out the victory in the end.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The most-likely scenario would be for him to feud with the Smackdown roster, either Sheamus or Christian. I wouldn't be surprised if he even picked up his 10th Intercontinental Championship reign by defeating Christian. Most of all though, I think he's just going to be placed into a general mid card feud that gets him into the Money in the Bank match at the next ppv. I'd have to wait to see who else WWE puts into that match before I could say with any certainty whether or not he stands a chance of actually winning it. It's possible though considering he never has yet.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Never crossed my mind about a Christian/Jericho feud, i'd be totally down for that.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
While I would enjoy feuds with Ziggler or Christian, I think he goes into MITB and then feuds with Orton when he returns. Don't see him doing much in between.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The problem with Jericho as a heel is, while his attention to detail is remarkable, his revamped heel gimmicks only seem to really work against the guy he's turning against (Michaels & Punk, maybe The Rock in 2001). I wouldn't mind seeing him turn face however unlikely, although I do feel we haven't seen everything Jericho's new gimmick has to offer so maybe not yet.

What I don't understand is why he has to go back to fueding with Orton. Yes I know it never really started which is why the angle is so flexible from this point, but I'm honestly not pumped for it at all (possibly because I'm not pumped for anything Orton does but whatever). And why, because Jericho attacked him? I doubt many people remember it and even fewer care.

Jericho will almost certainly be in the MITB ladder match. So either he'll have picked up something else to do before Orton returns anyway, or WWE will use the PPV build up time to keep Jericho "frozen" until Orton returns for the fued.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Jericho/HHH feud nuff said

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Jericho/HHH feud nuff said

Another ex-RSM poster, welcome! I told u over there and I'll tell u again, that storyline has been done to death, no one wants to see it, no one has anything to gain from it and it would be a total waste of Jericho to use him on someone like HHH who is as over as he'll ever be. I'm not a big fan of a Jericho/Orton feud but at least it'd be fresh

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Another ex-RSM poster, welcome! I told u over there and I'll tell u again, that storyline has been done to death, no one wants to see it, no one has anything to gain from it and it would be a total waste of Jericho to use him on someone like HHH who is as over as he'll ever be. I'm not a big fan of a Jericho/Orton feud but at least it'd be fresh
I disagree I think that chris jericho and HHH can have a personal feud and make it lead to a great match.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree I think that chris jericho and HHH can have a personal feud and make it lead to a great match.

A great match that has happened hundreds of times. This feud has nothing new to offer and come on, u really think Jericho would be better used feuding with HHH rather than with Bryan, Ziggler, Sheamus, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Kofi, Barrett or even Cena

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
A great match that has happened hundreds of times. This feud has nothing new to offer and come on, u really think Jericho would be better used feuding with HHH rather than with Bryan, Ziggler, Sheamus, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Kofi, Barrett or even Cena
I would not mind watching him feud with sheamus or cena again but I never want to see him turn face.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I would not mind watching him feud with sheamus or cena again but I never want to see him turn face.

Really? Most of his best work was as a face - comedy wise at least. I'd happily watch him feud with Cena cos he's one of the few ppl who could go over CenaNuff but a face turn wouldn't be the worst thing

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Just wondering why wouldn't you want to see him as a face. Personally I think that he has done all he can as a heel and there really aren't too many options left for him to feud with. If he turned face then it would open up a big range of potential opponents and we have all seen that Jericho can be great as a face.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This may seem odd but the coolest thing Jericho could do is turn face and feud with Sandow. Could you imagine the promos that they could cut against each other? It would put Sandow over huge even if Sandow didn't win right away. If they did that feud, it would be something that people would talk about for months to come.