What level is Bryan at now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Bryan is in the same level as Punk. Top/#2 guy. He's NOT the new face of the WWE, and he most likely never will but he's pretty much set for life.

CrazyJ Cena

Jobber
Reaction score
Common Daniel Bryan deserves some actual respect, I mean being kicked out of the building and then having to fight with the shield while being treated as a kid by Triple H then being RKO'ed by Randy Orton. I actually like Daniel Bryan and him being treated this way is fuckin' annoying. He is the face of WWE!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The fact they have the faith to push him as the top face to rebel against the "New Corporation" tells you all you need to know. This guy's a superstar.

(no, I don't mean "he's a wwe superstar", like the actual meaning and not the corporate manufactured garbage)

CrazyJ Cena

Jobber
Reaction score
Fuck Vince, Fuck HHH, Fuck his wife! Yes Yes Yes! Bryan's messed up. The Shield, McMahon family, Orton, security. He should take a break.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nah, he's the new Stone Cold.

He could be right really, I mean this is like a shadowing of Stone Cold against the corporation, DBry has been pissing off the authorities of the WWE lately, now he won't do everything Austin did, but he's techincally that guy

Reactions: Brother Loathe

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I dont see how ppl are hating on Bryan and the current WWE storylines calling it Sesame Street. If anything the product is edgier than ever atm without resorting to mindless violence. Plus ur never gonna get something that is one hundred per cent innovative as wrestling as films and books has been around a long time and will never be completely new. As long as its well written though and done well well thats what matters and for once WWE is getting it right at the min. An ask ppl on here I'm usually a huge critic.

Reactions: Farooq

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Eddie is the perfect comparison, it's odd people compare Bryan with Benoit even though they have so little in common. Bryan is a character with comedic undertones where as Chris was always the most intense man in the building. Eddie and Bryan are much more complete than Benoit was also imo.

Anyway as other have said he's not the face of the company he's passed Punk for the time being however.

Reactions: Stopspot and Farooq

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He could be right really, I mean this is like a shadowing of Stone Cold against the corporation, DBry has been pissing off the authorities of the WWE lately, now he won't do everything Austin did, but he's techincally that guy

He isn't, by this logic DX were the Stone Colds whilst feuding with the McMahons in 2000 and something. They passed off authority and the like.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Eddie is the perfect comparison, it's odd people compare Bryan with Benoit even though they have so little in common. Bryan is a character with comedic undertones where as Chris was always the most intense man in the building. Eddie and Bryan are much more complete than Benoit was also imo.

Anyway as other have said he's not the face of the company he's passed Punk for the time being however.

I've always made the Eddie Guerrero comparison as well. Both are pretty much the same height (give or take an inch or two, which isn't enough to notice), they're both great in the ring, they're both popular with all demographics and both guys are/were one of the most popular guys on the whole roster (Bryan is easily the most popular at the moment, and it's arguable Eddie was at one point as well.) The Benoit comparisons mainly come from them both being deemed "vanilla midgets", which has always been a derogatory term used towards small guys meaning they can't succeed at a top level because of their size and height. But both did/have.