What level is Bryan at now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Bryan beat John Cena cleanly! That's fucking huge. He had so much offence, it wasn't booked as a fluke, he's the most over guy in WWE right now - something no one can legitimately say, as Cena always had that - and is a former WWE champion. He just main evented Summerslam, is the focal pint in the McMahon vs HHH feud, and is going to be in the main event with heel HHH and Orton for the foreseeable future. With Cena off, is Bryan the top dog? Has the torch perhaps been passed? Or is it shared now?

I remember Lockard I think once saying we all overrate Bryan when we think he could replace Cena, or get that high, but last night is surely proof that WWE rank him as high as the IWC does?

Discuss.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
He's the top dog of the company for now (and an official main event star) but he isn't replacing John Cena in the long run. I consider this his Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit sort of moment, but he isn't gonna lead the company into a new era.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
He and Punk are the two top faces now that Cena/Sheamus are off and Orton has turned. Wouldn't be surprised to see them come together due to mutual respect and take on Orton/Lesnar in upcoming weeks continuing the underdog motif.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He and Punk are the two top faces now that Cena/Sheamus are off and Orton has turned. Wouldn't be surprised to see them come together due to mutual respect and take on Orton/Lesnar in upcoming weeks continuing the underdog motif.

Wait, you ranked Sheamus above Bryan until last night? Sheamus has slipped down a lot recently. I agree that Bryan and Punk are on the same level atm.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Wait, you ranked Sheamus above Bryan until last night? Sheamus has slipped down a lot recently. I agree that Bryan and Punk are on the same level atm.

I mean in Vince's eyes. he can't shove Sheamus in our faces atm due to injury so we will get a lot of Punk and DB, which is great. Looks like RVD and Miz will be the second level faces :eww:

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
While Bryan and Punk are supposed to be now the top dogs. I sadly guess, we are gettin two months of HHH vs Vince. Most of the RAWs will be focused again this storyline and we wont really see Bryan as the face of the company (While Cena is gone). Orton needs a masterpiece (Or someone who can remember his lines) and that guy will be HHH. HHH will probably close the show as many times as Bryan does. Im not saying daniel Bryan wont shine, Im just saying that HHH will get a lot of air time, mic time etc..

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I think I've thrown this phrase around so much today that it is silly but I'm sticking by it. He's made. He's one of the top guys right now until he goes out. He won't replace Cena in the long haul since Cena will be Cena until Cena goes or they stumble upon the next big thing with mainstream appeal. He is what Edge, HBK, Guerrero, Jericho and Hardy was and Punk is. A top star who will hold down the fort when Cena is gone or they have to ween the title scene off of Cena for a while. Granted HBK was face of the company for a while during the new generation era but that was out of necessity. Bryan will be one of the company's top stars for the foreseeable future but not THE guy I think in the long run.

Reactions: Swift

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Daniel Bryan is still so over with the WWE Universe. Winning cleanly over John Cena will only continue to solidify him as one of the top faces of the company and support him in his feud with Orton.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Bryan is definitely up there now. I'm really speculating on whether or not he could be the guy. I mean his promo skills have improved and he has the wrestling skill. I think it's a very plausible thing at this point depending on whether or not they'll destroy his momentum

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Daniel Bryan will not be the man to lead them into the new era. I do believe CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are in the same category though, so with that being said he's defiantly a huge face of the company.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He is a fix main eventer now. For the moment, yeah, he's the top face, but in the long run I don't think he has become THE man (as Stop said). It was just a matter of time, after all.

Last edited: