What Is Wrong With Randy Orton?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I've seen maybe 8-9 WWE matches from this year, and I can tell you one thing - Orton is way more appealing than Bryan. In the ring at least, I don't watch segments/promos/shit. I hate how Bryan incorporates that Blue "YES!" crap into literally EVERYTHING he does. I simply cannot get behind his comebacks in matches, because his character is lame, I'm rooting for his ass to get kicked.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I've seen maybe 8-9 WWE matches from this year, and I can tell you one thing - Orton is way more appealing than Bryan. In the ring at least, I don't watch segments/promos/shit. I hate how Bryan incorporates that Blue "YES!" crap into literally EVERYTHING he does. I simply cannot get behind his comebacks in matches, because his character is lame, I'm rooting for his ass to get kicked.
Agreed, not on Orton, but just that DB is lame as a mother fucker.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I mean, we're all geeks, right? But, you gotta be a SUPERDUPERULTRAMEGA-GEEK in order to like that bullshit of a character and raise your fingers in such an embarassing manner. My cerebullum almost dissolved.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I mean, we're all geeks, right? But, you gotta be a SUPERDUPERULTRAMEGA-GEEK in order to like that bullshit of a character and raise your fingers in such an embarassing manner. My cerebullum almost dissolved.
I'm 100% with you man.

Reactions: Bort

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, the Yes'ing is pretty annoying. I like watching Bryan in the ring and I'm a fan, but the whole " :yes: " has been old for a very long time now. I've been saying that for a while too, just let the fans do it on their own, no need to :yes: every 2 minutes.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
So.....if you don't like Daniel Bryan, you're a less geeky wrestling fan than other wrestling fans who like Daniel Bryan?

:dafuq:

wk

Reactions: Snowman1

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
So.....if you don't like Daniel Bryan, you're a less geeky wrestling fan than other wrestling fans who like Daniel Bryan?

:dafuq:

wk
bQXfM50.png

Moral Man

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
You know the deal, back with some words.

Our current WWE World Heavyweight Champion is an old chap named Randy Orton. Randy has been a staple on WWE's main roster since 2002, we've been looking at his face on a weekly basis for 12 years. Seems like yesterday he was clean shaven and opening RAW with a face to face promo with The Rock. OH HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

If I recall correctly, Randy was suppose to become the early 21stcentury version of Steve Austin, he was suppose to be the man. Now, technically, being the top champion in the company would grand you the figurative title of "the guy", this is most definitely not the case.

About 3 weeks ago, I popped in Undertakers latest DVD, "The Streak" and I watched a couple matches on there. One of them was against Orton at Wrestlemania 21, pretty good match! As Undertaker reversed Randy's attempt at a tombstone piledriver, I thought to myself, "what the hell happened to this guy?" Undertaker planted his knees in to the canvas and the three count was delivered, but I was unsatisfied. The screen faded to the menu, with it, it took a more youthful Undertaker and a young man that had all of the potential in the world.

Now, Randy was doing quite well for himself up until early 2012. He was involved in some great matches with Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker (after WM 21), John Cena, Edge, Chris Jericho, Kofi and so on. He was also doing some great work as a character during those years, things were looking way up for him. Then 2012 hit, Randy was paired with Kane at Wrestlemania 28... and he lost. The feud made no sense and was a complete waste of time. Fast forward to May, of that year, and he was suspended for two months for smoking pot, not for juicing or getting pilled up, for smoking an drug that shouldn't even be illegal. This is where I believe his decline started. The fans became sick of him, everyone complained that he was boring in both promos and matches and quite honestly, they were right. Coming off a stellar 6 match series with Christian a year earlier, you could really tell that he had lost his flare. Excluding those few Ziggler matches, I don't think anyone remembers what happened in the last half of 2012 involving Randy Orton, because I sure don't. Things got even worse in 2013, after feuding with The Shield, he was then in a stupid three way feud with Sheamus and Big Show, which he was clearly not very interested in!

Now, I hate doing these history lessons, I like to point out certain moments as reference over anything, so I'll get to my point. Orton has wrestled a lot of people, he's interacted with legends that basically no one else on the current roster has and at this point and now, I think he's just plain bored. Regardless of what position he's been in over the past two years, he's never been the focal point of that position. He is currently the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and no one cares. Daniel Bryan has basically been feuding with Triple H and his henchman since Summerslam, Randy Orton has never mattered once since. You couple that with fans getting on him for being boring and stale and you have yourselves a willingly defeated man.

Sounds depressing, but there's no real explanation behind it, Randy Orton doesn't matter anymore and he doesn't care. He knows what he was suppose to become, Undertaker, Mick Foley and Shawn Michaels knew what he was suppose to become and at 33 years old, disappointment seems to have influenced his work ethic and drive. I mean, who's ever heard of a transitional champion that held a title for 7 months? That's just unfortunate.

I can't predict the future for young Randall, will he live out the rest of his career in mediocrity or will things change? I guess that's up to him and the 300 people that write a 3 hour show every week.

That'll do it for me, let me know your thoughts on Randy and whether or not you feel the same!

Cheers,

Kooldip.

Get a life. He's the top heel and the first unified WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He's doing just fine.