What Is Wrong With Randy Orton?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
If I were in his shoes, I'd probably be bored and a little unmotivated, too. He's only 33 (I think) and that's about the age that most guys hit their prime and thus usually get the biggest push of their careers. Yet Randy was pushed at such a young age (he debuted in the WWE at age 22, and became the youngest world champion of any wrestling promotion in history at the tender age of 24) that by the time he's reached the point in his career that he's at now, he's pretty much peaked and done just about that he can do. What is there really left to accomplish? He's won the Royal Rumble, headlined Wrestlemania (and is about to do so again), won the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championships a multiple number of times, is a Triple-Crown Champion, has main-evented several PPVs and has been in several marquee feuds with top names like Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, John Cena, Batista, Triple H, Mick Foley, etc., and done just about all he could with his different face and heel personas. And this is over a period of nearly twelve long years.

The Rock was a similar way, having gotten his push to super-stardom at about the same age and already done it out (but done it better) before he was even thirty... the only difference is that Hollywood came a-calling, and The Rock answered and opened up the door to a new and fresh career opportunity for him to prosper in.

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
overthinking it lads

great at everything, fucked up by company

end of thread

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Off-topic, I know, but, really? I don't think I've ever heard that.

wk

Its leaked out. Hisbuddies have mentioned it and 2006 was the last time booking and Cena both were entertaining it

Cena knows logically it would short term and a bad move. Cena is extremely careful with his public image so you won't hear come directly from him.

He's aware his act is stale and would like to wear new gear to the ring. He wants change. He was a heavy advocate for ridding the spinner belt.

The only person on the inside who abhors the heel turn would be Vince...a guy who lost $ thru Austins heel turn and wwe lacks a suitable #2

Reactions: Wacokid27

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
If I were in his shoes, I'd probably be bored and a little unmotivated, too. He's only 33 (I think) and that's about the age that most guys hit their prime and thus usually get the biggest push of their careers. Yet Randy was pushed at such a young age (he debuted in the WWE at age 22, and became the youngest world champion of any wrestling promotion in history at the tender age of 24)

Just to be awkward but Show was 23 when he first won the WCW title.

Reactions: Crayo and JC4Life37

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Just to be awkward but Show was 23 when he first won the WCW title.

:idk:
Okay, I was actually thinking of how WWE always referred to Orton by the title of "Youngest World Champion In History", but remember now that they're only talking about world championships that have been won under the WWE umbrella, not world titles in general... the WCW WHC and the WWE WHC being part of a separate lineage, of course.

Reactions: seabs

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, as of right now, my main gripe with the guy is that he has been terribly boring, and in many different ways. Not only is his character pretty boring, being the guy who carries the belt while HHH is the major heel (not that I have a problem with Hunter being the major heel, he's being awesome at the role as expected). Creatively speaking, he's just there. That's not his fault. His matches have been pretty boring recently too, that's mostly on him. Granted, he's not terrible, he knows what he's doing, but it feels like he's just phoning it in. As opposed to when he was a face, as he was having some good matches in that period. His promos have also been deadly boring. Again, granted, his character doesn't help, but still. When you're around people like Steph and HHH, who kill it in their promos every week, it's hard to look good, but the guy is still failing. I think he's being given bad stuff to work with despite being high on the card, and thus he's not trying, but if he did try, he would be more bearable. I'll be optimistic and suppose that that he'll drop the belt at WM and go on to be booked better and thus be more interesting, but let's wait and see.

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Cool, make a thread about DZ then maybe?
266169078213b98d8b6739e77c662aa8.gif