What in the...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
Holy fuck is going on with wrestling lately? Now I've been watching pretty sparingly lately but from what I seen I have to say, I don't think wrestling has EVER been this bad...EVER.

They signed Brock Lesnar to a 5 million dollar deal to show up once every three months? What does he have... 30 appearances on his deal or something like that? Why not just let the guy 30 dates leading up to Wrestlemania if that were the case instead of pissing away his appearances on this bullshit. What an absolute joke of a return.

Chris Jericho comes back and loses EVERY PPV match he's been in since his return? "The end is near".... best in the world vs. best in the world. You've got to be kidding me. Why bring the guy back to look like a complete and total joke. Jericho has always been one to put guys over without an issue, but what an absolute joke. The feud between him and Punk could have been absolutely incredible with some back and forth title switches culminating at Summerslam. Instead they've completely wasted him and I gotta say... this isn't the same Jericho we've seen in the past. He really doesn't seem to give a flying fuck, and for good reason I'd say.

Speaking of CM Punk, but a WWE champion whos matches OPEN just about every show. Awesome. Way to book a strong champion.

They're STILL pushing ADR for a title!? You think they would have realized within the first few weeks of this guy's debut that he's just about the blandest most cookie cutter heel in the business today. Seriously, does ANYONE care about this fucking guy? Awful.. just awful.

And Orton, another suspension? Really?

Daniel Bryan, a guy who managed to get more over with a single word than most did with countless scripted promos in the past 10 years was instantly stripped of the title and relegated to deal with the (granted very hot) AJ and big useless machine?

Let me know if I've left anything out.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I agree with you on the ADR thing.

But the CM Punk/WWE Champion coming out first has been going on for AT LEAST a couple years now. Nothing new. Same with the world title. When's the last time one of those belts was defended in the main event of a show? MITB last year? And that had Cena in it so it didn't count. >_>

AJ/Punk/Bryan/Kane is fucking awesome.

Ditto with Ziggler.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I read that Lesnar has two dates left: Summerslam and XXIX. Hopefully he agrees to more in hopes to build for his Mania match. Better not be against Taker, but I hear Goldberg wants to wrestle him so we'll see where that goes.

Totally agree with the Jericho. He couldn't beat Punk (who's title reign has be bland as all fuck and the title doesn't seem to be that important on WWE TV as of late. Cena/Ace/Show seems to be the main concern). Next thing you knew he was in the fatal four way that I thought would lead to a storyline between him and Orton (another program with a lot of potential), but we got nothing there. I assume Orton's suspension contributed to that.

I haven't completely given up on Del Rio. I'm waiting for Rodriguez and him to break up culminating into a match where we learn that the guy can actually fucking wrestle. It seems we may be heading for a face turn for Del Rio though, which I want to see how WWE pulls this off. I still find him somewhat entertaining in the ring so I'm not writing him off just yet.

I feel like Bryan will go over Punk this summer though.

Also, fuck the RAW MitB. Lazy shit.

noumenon

Reaction score
Like I said, I haven't been watching much so I didn't know whether or not the Kane/Punk/Bryan thing was any good. But for a WWE title feud it should probably be a little more at the forefront of the company. Punk and Bryan are probably the two best hopes for the future of the company so they need to get all they can out of these guys. Don't get me wrong... I like the new masked Kane but I think they should have really gone all out with him right off the bat. Feeding him to Cena was absolutely fucking absurd.

Also yeah, why isn't Ziggler holding a major title yet?

Reaction score
I don't know why but for some strange reason I get the feeling that the Raw Money In The Bank Match will be the main event. If for no other reason than to keep the streak of no World Title match being a pay per view main event.

And AJ is without question the best character in wrestling today.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Some strange reason? How is it strange. If it's NOT the main event, then that would be strange.

...god...

Reaction score
I'd rather see the Raw MITB anyday over Punk vs. Bryan for the 10 millionth time. That goes for most of the previous matches that have closed the PPV off the top of my head except maybe Cena vs. Kane ending, that was just bullshit. Because they're not putting shit for time and effort into the title match. If all the angles and storylines went into the title and its outcome like the good old days then I'd be more interested in it. It's hilariously how people on the internet think good 'wrestling' matters so much in an entertaining product.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^They've had a storyline tho... granted it's not exactly centered on Punk/Bryan, especially not yet. But something tells me that the payoff is coming with AJ...

...god...

Reaction score
I like AJ and her character is cool and all but this doesn't exactly strike me as a feud to revolve the title around or a WWE championship angle. There's just not much depth there at all for me to care.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^There's more depth in all of this storyline than any other... it's just not "I GOTTA HAVE THIS TITLE!" "NO, THIS TITLE IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME!" That was the problem with Cena runs, they all got stale. That's what hurt the championships in the first place. Now they're focusing on a side-story and there's no depth?

Aside from Punk/Cena leading INTO MITB, this is the best title feud we've had in years, and the fact they were able to add Kane to it to throw a twist to it made it even better.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Kane would be a great twist in this if he posed a threat. He's been on the losing side of most exchanges that include Punk and Bryan. Honestly, he's in the way, and I think he's out of this feud after what he said to AJ on Monday after he lost...again.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
AJ's the best character in wrestling right now. Unfortunately she's been in a feud that's been totally fucked up and written ridiculously backwards and terribly. Best title feud in years? *Facepalm*

AJ's great, but the story follows no strand of logic, and the acting from the 3 guys (Ya know, the guys actually wrestling over the perceived to be worthless title.) just isn't good enough to make a storyline like this work.

Kane: Brings nothing to the table. Decent wrestler though.

Punk: Terrible. Impossible to draw any emotion into any of his segments as he's either too busy pandering shamelessly or burying people by not giving a fuck what anybody else says beside himself. He's a good wrestler though and the matches are good to great.

Bryan: He has his moments, but I wouldn't say he's shined on the mic either. He's also forced and miscast as this heel character. He gets the biggest pop of the 4 virtually every night, and the other 3 are faces or tweeners, another reason the storyline is stupid.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Having said all that, the matches have undeniably delivered, and I think the MITB match will be good, not a ***** match that everyone will try to claim though. I think the WWE Title match will go on last, but just to set up Kane cashing in MITB and setting up a final blowoff at SS.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't get how AJ is the best character in wrestling right now. Someone explain how a lousy twiggy actress is the most interesting character in wrestling right now. I know "interesting" is very hard to find in wrestling right now, but I'd stack Bully Ray, D Bry, Cena, Vickie, Heyman, Ziggler and Ricardo as more interesting and entertaining.

Reaction score
Also yeah, why isn't Ziggler holding a major title yet?

Ummm because he's not major title material. Bumps friggin well but is still pedestrian on the mic. They pulled Vickie off of him to see what he can do, which so far has been fairly pedestrian.