What if the Shield turned face as a group?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing it if it were a short term thing. It's certainly not something I'd want to see last over a long period of time. But if they briefly turned face for a feud with the Wyatt Family (where they were maybe portrayed more like tweeners who were simply the lesser of two evils) where a loss to the Wyatts is what finally caused them to split, it could work. Rebelling against The Authority would work even better considering Triple H is one of the greatest heels of all time and has the ability to make someone into a big star when he wants to (see: Batista.) I agree that in that scenario the best way to go about it would be mainly Rollins and Reigns rebelling against HHH while Ambrose mostly just played along with them until he decided to betray them and show that his true allegiance was still to The Authority. It could easily result into Ambrose defending (and dropping) the US Title to Rollins while Roman Reigns defeats Triple H, with both happening at Mania.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
When they were being used as the authority's bodyguards, I thought it would be ace if The Shield triple powerbombed Orton or Hunter to show they do what they want. That could have set-up The Shield v The Wyatt Family at Survivor Series, the perfect place for them to split after debuting their and it being a tag-themed event. That would have been a much better main-event than Orton/Show.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
When they were being used as the authority's bodyguards, I thought it would be ace if The Shield triple powerbombed Orton or Hunter to show they do what they want. That could have set-up The Shield v The Wyatt Family at Survivor Series, the perfect place for them to split after debuting their and it being a tag-themed event. That would have been a much better main-event than Orton/Show.
a 20 midget battle royal would have made a better ME than Shown/Orton

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Oh don't you DARE even diss midget fighting by comparing it to Big Show vs Randy Orton. Screw you, midget fighting is awesome! :angry:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Oh don't you DARE even diss midget fighting by comparing it to Big Show vs Randy Orton. Screw you, midget fighting is awesome! :angry:
do they have midget MMA? I'd watch it

Lodger

Jobber
Reaction score
yes turn face or just break them up >:O

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think they could pull it off as a group. I have a lot of faith in all of the members of the shield. Ambrose on the mic is amazing. The little subtle things he does is pretty neat to watch. Last night on smackdown I chuckled a little bit when he said something along the lines, I was kidding, I would totally throw you over the top ropes. It felt like it was added in by himself.