What if The Rock had never left?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah it is but it doesn't mean he likes it. Anyway this has gotten off topic, I'm sorry.

You don't have to apoligize.

Back to the rock. If he'd never left, I see him continuing a feud with Evolution probably ending in a match with Batista. Then renew his feud with Triple H with epic encounters then face Chris benoit for the world title. Maybe he could have feuded with Kane in angle similar to Kane/Cena with Kane saying he hates the rock for sucking up to the people. I also see a feud with CM Punk in 2009. I definitely see a feud with heel Sheamus. There's so many possibilities. I'm sure he would have been wwe or world champion again. He could have even feuded with John Cena.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You don't have to apoligize.

He wasn't apologizing to you, he was apologizing for going off topic, which is nice because hardly anyone else does that around here.

Anyhow, back to The Rock as well, because I'm going to say my piece now. Troy's comments that he would be like HHH are correct. He would totally be just another old guy clinging to the spotlight like Taker and Hunter do now. Hell, he already does that every time he comes back and wastes my time cutting 15 minute promos where he constantly references Twitter and old catchphrases. Yes, I admittedly dislike him, so my opinion is partially skewed, but let's face facts here. If the company is to survive it needs to do it on the shoulders of the NEW generation of stars, not the dinosaurs of the past. Vince figured it out once when he jettisoned Hogan, perhaps he needs to do the same with The Rock (after the 'Mania spectacle of course).

However that won't happen because 'Mania will pop a huge buyrate and The Rock will be credited with the lion's share of those buys thus causing Vince to believe that his show can only be successful with The Rock as his go to guy. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that picture at all.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Someone in their 30's is a dinosaur

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Someone in their 30's is a dinosaur

Of all the things I wrote that's what you use to counter my argument? And he'll be 40 in May so I'm not sure how that's even relevant to the conversation. Regardless, perhaps the usage of the term dinosaur was a little harsh but let's be realistic here. The Rock, while an entertaining fellow, is Hollywood first, wrestling second. He always will be from this point on, so he should just stick to making movies and stop wasting time in WWE.

Besides, how do you know he wouldn't have suffered some sort of career ending injury if he'd stuck around? That could have put a damper on both his wrestling and film plans.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He might have had an injury but this isn't the conversation. The question was what would he have done if he stuck around? Not come up with an argument why he shouldn't or should have.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He might have had an injury but this isn't the conversation. The question was what would he have done if he stuck around? Not come up with an argument why he shouldn't or should have.

But I just said what could have happened if he'd stuck around. That wasn't an argument, it was stating a possible outcome.

Here's what would have happened in my fantasy world...

Rock would have stuck around, blown out a Quad, attempted a comeback, blown out the other Quad, attempted another comeback, blow out both of his knees and then retired and never get any Hollywood money either because he was too busy wrestling.

Obviously that wouldn't have happened...or then again maybe it would have? Who's to say for sure?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But I just said what could have happened if he'd stuck around. That wasn't an argument, it was stating a possible outcome.

Here's what would have happened in my fantasy world...

Rock would have stuck around, blown out a Quad, attempted a comeback, blown out the other Quad, attempted another comeback, blow out both of his knees and then retired and never get any Hollywood money either because he was too busy wrestling.

Obviously that wouldn't have happened...or then again maybe it would have? Who's to say for sure?

I hate you. :rofl:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I hate you. :rofl:

At least I got the desired response. I was really just fucking around. :lol:

Seriously though, the Evolution feud would have been a natural fit so I do at least agree with you on that one. Rock/Undertaker was another potential money match that may have actually gotten me interested if only because I wouldn't have been able to guarantee Taker would win.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
At least I got the desired response. I was really just fucking around. :lol:

Seriously though, the Evolution feud would have been a natural fit so I do at least agree with you on that one. Rock/Undertaker was another potential money match that may have actually gotten me interested if only because I wouldn't have been able to guarantee Taker would win.
Honestly if Rocky managed to defeat the streak, I might have become a fan. No lie.