What If Bray Wyatt Retired The Undertaker?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
All of you guys are fucking hilarious. "Job bray out like that." Bray working with Undertaker means Mark has picked Bray personally. He trusts him to be safe and sees him as a very special talent. Get a fucking clue.
We all know and fully understand what you're saying. However, we don't really think that bray losing to taker, just like he did last year to Cena, will lead to anything good... I'm all for the match... I just hope to god that bray wins and taker retires..

Bray could even pretend to take takers soul after he beats him... And just be a monster throughout 2015.

If this match is done right, bray will truly be the new phenom.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Is the urn still kicking around? Bray could carry that as the token symbol of the soul of the Undertaker. Almost a literal passing of the torch.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think most are simply frustrated that for the second year in a row Bray Wyatt is seemingly only being built up so that he can put over some grizzled veteran who doesn't need the win. Last year he was built with clean victories over Daniel Bryan and The Shield just so he could be treated as a "Monster Of The Week" for Cena to run through afterwards, and now he's been built up again so that Undertaker can 'redeem' himself from last year's loss and look 'strong' going into a match with Sting at Wrestlemania 32.

I'm not someone who thinks the younger guy should always go over, and I'm sure Wyatt himself (the man, not the character) isn't exactly complaining about wrestling the likes of John Cena and the Undertaker in his first two Wrestlemanias, but still. My interest in Taker has waned now that the Streak is dead, and I cared very little for an Undertaker/Sting match in the first place, so I'm not too enthralled for the inevitable outcome of this one.

I appreciate your stance, but you must realize that in the scheme of all WWE fans on the planet that you're in the minority. Undertaker is the fuckin' Undertaker. 50 or not, wrestling him (win, lose, or draw) at Mania is a feather in anyone's cap. I don't think Bray Wyatt is having this boo-hoo that he's doing the honors for Taker. He himself has said it's his dream match and he's jazzed for it. He doesn't need anyone holding a torch for him like he's being "buried" or "jobbed out" or those fun buzzwords.

Side note: I wouldn't put John Cena as a "grizzled veteran" just yet. He's still in his prime and having as good or better matches than he's ever had. He's the top draw of the company. Give him 5 years or so for that. Hunter, Taker, totally grizzled vets.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
We all know and fully understand what you're saying. However, we don't really think that bray losing to taker, just like he did last year to Cena, will lead to anything good... I'm all for the match... I just hope to god that bray wins and taker retires..

Bray could even pretend to take takers soul after he beats him... And just be a monster throughout 2015.

If this match is done right, bray will truly be the new phenom.

I know I can be salty, so I don't want anyone to take it personally. It wouldn't sound insulting or condescending probably if we were just talking in person. In text I can come across a bit harshly. With that out of the way, and with all due respect, it doesn't matter one fuckin' bit what you or I think about it really. It's amazing how suddenly it's been decided that nothing good will come of this dream match. Well hey, fuck me I guess, the armchair critics know better than Bray or Taker.

To respond to the end of your post... Bray will be the new phenom. Frankly I see him winning. A loss is fine, but I think he's taking the old man's soul.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I appreciate your stance, but you must realize that in the scheme of all WWE fans on the planet that you're in the minority. Undertaker is the fuckin' Undertaker. 50 or not, wrestling him (win, lose, or draw) at Mania is a feather in anyone's cap. I don't think Bray Wyatt is having this boo-hoo that he's doing the honors for Taker. He himself has said it's his dream match and he's jazzed for it. He doesn't need anyone holding a torch for him like he's being "buried" or "jobbed out" or those fun buzzwords.

Side note: I wouldn't put John Cena as a "grizzled veteran" just yet. He's still in his prime and having as good or better matches than he's ever had. He's the top draw of the company. Give him 5 years or so for that. Hunter, Taker, totally grizzled vets.

I know I'm in the minority, but that isn't gonna deter me from having my own perspective on the matter. Like I touched upon in my previous post, I think saying Bray will end up "buried" by Undertaker just because he does one job to him is a little too strong terminology for it. It's just that I'd like to see Bray Wyatt get a big victory on the grand stage of Wrestlemania, especially since there's more eyeballs on the product that night than on any other. Someone winning or losing at Wrestlemania means more than winning or losing any other event. That victory doesn't have to be over Taker, but that's the opponent they've decided to book him against.

Funnily enough, I felt the same way about Brock Lesnar after he returned in 2012... That he should get at least one big win at Wrestlemania during this comeback run, which is why I didn't really like him facing HHH and Undertaker at 29 and 30 respectively since I couldn't see him winning either one of those matches. Of course, with the latter... well, you saw.

Reactions: KITT

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority, but that isn't gonna deter me from having my own perspective on the matter. Like I touched upon in my previous post, I think saying Bray will end up "buried" by Undertaker just because he does one job to him is a little too strong terminology for it. It's just that I'd like to see Bray Wyatt get a big victory on the grand stage of Wrestlemania, especially since there's more eyeballs on the product that night than on any other. Someone winning or losing at Wrestlemania means more than winning or losing any other event. That victory doesn't have to be over Taker, but that's the opponent they've decided to book him against.

Funnily enough, I felt the same way about Brock Lesnar after he returned in 2012... That he should get at least one big win at Wrestlemania during this comeback run, which is why I didn't really like him facing HHH and Undertaker at 29 and 30 respectively since I couldn't see him winning either one of those matches. Of course, with the latter... well, you saw.

Dude don't get me wrong, I want to see Bray beat him. He's that young guy for Taker to put over. I see Bray being around for many years.

Smark

Jobber
Reaction score
You prove your absolute ignorance in regards to how wrestling works if you think losing to Undertaker at WrestleMania is detrimental.
Bruh wake up, its 2015. It is time to build new stars, and Wyatt winning this match would be perfect for his career. I am not saying that losing would destory him, but they have a real opportunity here with him, WHY NOT TAKE IT? I would be fine with him losing if the streak was still alive, but since it isnt I just dont se the fucking point of Undertaker going over in this match.

Reactions: KITT

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Bruh wake up, its 2015. It is time to build new stars, and Wyatt winning this match would be perfect for his career. I am not saying that losing would destory him, but they have a real opportunity here with him, WHY NOT TAKE IT? I would be fine with him losing if the streak was still alive, but since it isnt I just dont se the fucking point of Undertaker going over in this match.
To build a potential Sting Vs. The Undertaker next year aka the year Sting might retire and go in the HOF.
Bray Wyatt is a useless fatty now. He had momentum, but WWE killed it as soon as they brought him in till they fed him to Cena at Mania.

Smark

Jobber
Reaction score
To build a potential Sting Vs. The Undertaker next year aka the year Sting might retire and go in the HOF.
Bray Wyatt is a useless fatty now. He had momentum, but WWE killed it as soon as they brought him in till they fed him to Cena at Mania.
And this is why I am not pleased with him losing. I just cant see anything positive happening for him after Mania if he loses.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
If Bray wins this, many kids, many teens, tweens, and maybe some adults will see him as the next coming. His Royal Rumble stunt was enough to assure me that Bray has a bright future ahead of him, but going against Undertaker is a huge feat in itself. The only people that ever broke Undertaker in every particular order: Shawn Michaels, Triple H (2nd match), and then Brock Lesnar. You have to be someone of that caliber to beat 'Taker. Sorry, WWE, that's how it is.

A lot of kids will be so pissed, a lot of people will be soooooo pissed that a 5 year employee of WWE, is put over some of the legendary names in the world today, Lesnar only got away with it because he has the credentials to match his victory.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Personally, I think Undertaker is a bad ass, but his time is up. WrestleMania 30 is the perfect send off, though I hated it at first. Looking back, it's one of the greatest moments in wrestling and it needs to stay that way. Stay away Taker, it's will kill your career :troll:

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It wouldn't be as special, the streak was already broken so Undertaker going 21-2 is a waste of time.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting if Bray retired the Undertaker. Though afterwards WWE really needs to make an effort for Bray to become more relevant and keep his momentum high. For the past few months Wyatt has been running dry, and if they do this after Wyatt beats Undertaker(if he does) then it'll be a waste of time. I personally think, with Bray's character that it is a good idea for him to retire the Undertaker. I would much rather have this, than Undertaker vs Sting in a retirement home brawl. Of course this is just my opinion on the matter, I prefer young guys getting the rub than seeing an outdated dream match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting if Bray retired the Undertaker. Though afterwards WWE really needs to make an effort for Bray to become more relevant and keep his momentum high. For the past few months Wyatt has been running dry, and if they do this after Wyatt beats Undertaker(if he does) then it'll be a waste of time. I personally think, with Bray's character that it is a good idea for him to retire the Undertaker. I would much rather have this, than Undertaker vs Sting in a retirement home brawl. Of course this is just my opinion on the matter, I prefer young guys getting the rub than seeing an outdated dream match.

I agree with pretty much everything here.

Even though it must be an honor for Wyatt facing Taker at Mania, there's really no upside to whoever ends up being the loser of this match.