What If Bray Wyatt Retired The Undertaker?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Unless for some reason they decide not to book Taker/Sting for next year's Wrestlemania (which I doubt since it's in Texas and both Taker and Sting reside from there), there is very little hope that Bray Wyatt is doing anything but jobbing so that Taker can look 'strong' for his match with Sting next year.

Personally, what I'd love is if Bray Wyatt beat and killed/retired the Undertaker (as argued for in the OP) and then worked a program with Sting next year and retired him, too. It won't happen, but it'd be a more interesting path to take for me personally. Plus, much like with Taker, Sting and Wyatt could play some great mind games with one another, especially if Wyatt either reunited with Harper and Rowan or acquired a new 'family' by then (Sting whopping multiple people's asses with a bat is always fun to watch.)

Reactions: Red Rain

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Unless for some reason they decide not to book Taker/Sting for next year's Wrestlemania (which I doubt since it's in Texas and both Taker and Sting reside from there), there is very little hope that Bray Wyatt is doing anything but jobbing so that Taker can look 'strong' for his match with Sting next year.

Personally, what I'd love is if Bray Wyatt beat and killed/retired the Undertaker (as argued for in the OP) and then worked a program with Sting next year and retired him, too. It won't happen, but it'd be a more interesting path to take for me personally. Plus, much like with Taker, Sting and Wyatt could play some great mind games with one another, especially if Wyatt either reunited with Harper and Rowan or acquired a new 'family' by then (Sting whopping multiple people's asses with a bat is always fun to watch.)
Wait, ANOTHER match? Let the poor man retire already, he's going to be on great khali walking territory by next year's wrestlemania.

• Haha
Reactions: Koko B.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Bray beating taker would benefit him like crazy. If you ask me, this match should be a retirement match. This would make brays victory looking arguably bigger than Brock's...which that match sucked because taker was injured.

Any ways, bray needs this win. He will be the ultimate heel going forward. In fact, I feel that this should've happened last year. Bray should've fought taker and shocked the world being the one to beat the one... He could've been more crazy dominate and intimidating than ever before.... It would've been great.

Instead, we got stuck with lesner because Vince felt the talent pool wasn't good... Give me a fucking break... So he went with lesner...

I don't mind Brock, wish he was around more, but bray was and still is the better choice... He should've ended the streak last year and shocked the world.

Smark

Jobber
Reaction score
Sting will beat Hunter, and Taker will beat Wyatt. This way they both look strong going into the next mania where they will probably have their retirement match. I just don't see Undertaker's last match being with Bray Wyatt, especially now that Sting has arrived. Sucks for Bray, first he loses to Cena and now to a 50 year old man.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Responding to OP, Bray's the guy to do it, but I don't think Taker is gonna do that match until Houston next year.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Sting will beat Hunter, and Taker will beat Wyatt. This way they both look strong going into the next mania where they will probably have their retirement match. I just don't see Undertaker's last match being with Bray Wyatt, especially now that Sting has arrived. Sucks for Bray, first he loses to Cena and now to a 50 year old man.

It sucks to do the honors for the greatest wrestler to lace them up in the WWE over the last 20 years? In what fuckin' world is this?

Smark

Jobber
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love the Undertaker but his time is LONG gone. And if Bray loses (wich he probably will) does it really do him any favours? Becaue when he was feuding with Cena last year everyone was talking about how he was going to get elevated. Where did he end up after that? Fucking nowhere! I get your point that its an honor to have the opportunity to wrestle Taker at Wrestlemania, but at the same time does losing to a 50 year old man really make you look strong?

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The outcome of this match totally depends on if Lesnar splits or not. If Lesnar does decide to ditch the WWE post-Mania they want someone to walk around claiming that they beat Undertaker at WrestleMania. However, if Lesnar did decide to stay then Wyatt probably wouldn't go over the Undertaker which would basically kill off the momentum Wyatt has gained. Much like last year.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I wonder how Taker feels about this. He has a pretty decent control over his own WM matches. Makes me think if he would just job Bray out like that.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Then again, I don't see his last match being with sting either... I mean it's so predictable... And not say the WWE is never predictable... But I just don't see them doing sting and taker. Maybe just maybe. If they do this match... It should end in a no contest with neither man able to beat the other. They just beat each other so badly that it goes to a no contest.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I wonder how Taker feels about this. He has a pretty decent control over his own WM matches. Makes me think if he would just job Bray out like that.
I mean after letting Brock go over like that and dojng that.. He has to be thinking "well then why would I beat bray??"

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love the Undertaker but his time is LONG gone. And if Bray loses (wich he probably will) does it really do him any favours? Becaue when he was feuding with Cena last year everyone was talking about how he was going to get elevated. Where did he end up after that? Fucking nowhere! I get your point that its an honor to have the opportunity to wrestle Taker at Wrestlemania, but at the same time does losing to a 50 year old man really make you look strong?

You prove your absolute ignorance in regards to how wrestling works if you think losing to Undertaker at WrestleMania is detrimental.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
All of you guys are fucking hilarious. "Job bray out like that." Bray working with Undertaker means Mark has picked Bray personally. He trusts him to be safe and sees him as a very special talent. Get a fucking clue.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
All of you guys are fucking hilarious. "Job bray out like that." Bray working with Undertaker means Mark has picked Bray personally. He trusts him to be safe and sees him as a very special talent. Get a fucking clue.

I think most are simply frustrated that for the second year in a row Bray Wyatt is seemingly only being built up so that he can put over some grizzled veteran who doesn't need the win. Last year he was built with clean victories over Daniel Bryan and The Shield just so he could be treated as a "Monster Of The Week" for Cena to run through afterwards, and now he's been built up again so that Undertaker can 'redeem' himself from last year's loss and look 'strong' going into a match with Sting at Wrestlemania 32.

I'm not someone who thinks the younger guy should always go over, and I'm sure Wyatt himself (the man, not the character) isn't exactly complaining about wrestling the likes of John Cena and the Undertaker in his first two Wrestlemanias, but still. My interest in Taker has waned now that the Streak is dead, and I cared very little for an Undertaker/Sting match in the first place, so I'm not too enthralled for the inevitable outcome of this one.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I do not know why, well I kind of do, but I've just lost all interest in Bray Wyatt ever since Cena beat him at Mania. It just killed him for me.

Bout this tho, I see this as a lose-lose situation. I read somewhere about Taker coming out the next night to make his retirement speech and Sting declares a challenge for 32. (too early to tell if that's even true) But if that's true, do you have Taker win to build to this moment? Or do you have him lose going into the next Mania with 2 losses under his belt?