What are they missing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Well I came up with this idea. People are always talking about "why isn't this guy getting a push?" or "Why isn't so and so higher up on the card?" or "Why isn't that guy signed?". Well it got me to thinking. What are they missing? What one key ingredient do they need to go to the next level? Let's leave politics out of the equation. And I want legitimate things. Not "bcuz he sux teh coks lulz". What one key ingredient that if they So I don't know how long this will go on or if this will even catch on. And I'm gonna start with 5 random names of people who should be at a higher level than what they are. And this isn't just limited to one promotion.

Ok now that the introductory ballyhoo is out of the way here are the first five wrestlers in this hopefully continuing series.

1. Roderick Strong (He's been on the indies forever, what's keeping him from getting noticed by WWE?)

2. John Morrison

3. Matt Morgan

4. Jack Swagger

5. Ted Dibiase Jr.

And if you have ideas for people who should be included by all means post them.

seX-Power

Reaction score
John Morrison- injuries and a decrease of charisma outside the ring since his ECW run. also he apparently lacks a set of balls.

Jack Swagger- to me, he doesn't have any glaring negatives really. good in pretty much every aspect, the guy should probably be main eventing but no, he was rushed to the world title and has done shit since.

Ted DiBiase- everything apart from being able to wrestle and having a good look.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
1. John Morrison ...No real punches or kicks, offense is too soft, not much of a story teller on the mic or in the ring, capable of having good matches, great athlete, but he's too much like a Shawn Michaels without the Hart/Determination. Just an empty version of HBK, you just don't care when he's getting beat up on. Plus, he's pu$$y-whipped by melina, who appearantly isn't liked backstage and cheats on John.

2. Jack Swagger ...Has a neat background and is capable of alright matches, but he just doesn't have much of a 'it factor' and his in ring movements are just disjointed/weird, not as smooth as Kurt Angle or Orton, the guy is just kinda bland. His moveset is like a "before he got comfortable in the ring late 99-early 2000's" Kurt Angle (the punch/kick/finisher kurt). Basically proof that not everybody with an amatuer/legit fighting background is a smooth fivestar performer (slyvester turkey/tank abbot)

3. Drew Mack-In-Tire ...Basically a big bland tall version of brian kendrick. Has the charisma of paris hilton, without the "That's hot" catchphrase.

4. Wade Barrett ...idk, should be pushed tbh.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
You can't compare Jack Swagger to Sylvester Terkay lol Swagger has it all. He can cut a pretty good promo, he has charisma, and he can back it up in the ring. I just think that WWE jumped the gun. If he would've had some more of his mid card feuds like the one he had with MVP, he'd be in tip-top main event shape right now.

Montana

Reaction score
1) Roddy - No character, and lack of personality when in the ring. Extremely good for indy fans, but lacks the "it" factor the big leagues want.

2) John Morrison - Lack of Mic Skills. Much like Roddy, great in the ring, and Morrison does have some character, but he falls short on the mic. Can sometimes cut an OK promo, but it just seems like an actor, and not a wrestler.

3) Matt Morgan - Doesn't connect with the fans. He has some basic wrestling moves down, but still fairly green in the ring, and wasn't ready for the pushes he's received. Lacks character, and in ring skills. Lack of pyschology in the ring. His strengths are his size, and surprisingly, he's not awful on the mic. But a very plain vanilla character.

4) Jack Swagger - I'd say poor booking. As far as his weaknesses, i wonder if he could pull off a face. His wrestling style isn't exactly the WWE style. Not sure if that is affecting his sucess or not. I am a fan of his though.

5) Ted Dibiase - This is a tough one. I've talked about this before in past threads, is it creatives fault for not getting talented wrestlers over, or is it come down to the wrestlers themselves. It's kinda 50/50. I'd say he lacks Character, but has what COULD be a great gimmick. Bottom line he isn't connecting with the fans...yet.

6) Drew Mcintyre - Good one, this is hard, because he's fairly decent all around, and the ideal WWE superstars (at least in vince's mind) I'd say Drew lacks the "IT" factor. Besides being a guy from scotland, but else does he have going for him?

7) Wade Barrett - His problem is due to the WWE making tons of heels and a small amount of faces. Looking at the WWE rosters, he's probably gotta be close to the top 5, if not, top 10 in overall performance. I'd say it's a crime Sheamus won the belt, and Wade still hasn't but that's a bit much. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a very good career in the WWE.

8) Zack Ryder ...my dude

9) The Pope

10 ) Robert Roode

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
John Morrison - Any character he had alongside Miz during their tag run was lost during their split. Funny how, looking back... that was yet again a HBK vs. Marty Janetty moment. I don't want to mention rumors, but it's tough with him. Not to mention, he thinks he's a spot monkey but everything about him would call for him to be a brawler with selective spots.

Matt Morgan - No mic skills (you're crazy, Montana), no charisma, no ring skills other than the oversold power. He's a 7-footer who moves like he's in the X-Division... but mentally, he's not in the zone, ever. I've never seen a good performance out of the guy. If I were creative, I'd ask him to change it up from the bicycle kick to the Test Boot... just a running kick to the face. But for God's sake, someone teach him how to work in the ring at the very least, and give him a mouthpiece manager and leave them as a team for a decade+.

Jack Swagger - Swagger isn't missing much... makes you wonder who he might have pissed off in the back. Not to mention being shafted at Mania... that was a wreck. I'd seriously put him on a streak of breaking ankles and making guys tap... set up a huge match between he and Cena at a WM (without shenanigans of taking a pipe to his knee and making Cena sell it as an ankle injury in the buildup) and make him make Cena tap in the middle of the ring... the only way to get him over at this point is to make him look dominant, instead of being kicked around like a chump by Kofi. And damn did they ever miss an opportunity to turn him face with the Cole shit!? v_v

Ted Dibiase Jr. - I wonder this often now... because it has come up so often recently thanks to Cody's growth. I wonder if Ted takes this seriously, or if someone doesn't take Ted seriously. He's an athletic freak... he's one of those guys like an Orton who you know has the potential to be incredible in his ability. He's shown good ring psychology before, but I think the crowd has abandoned him because he was in this partnership with Maryse and they just ran him into the ground with it. I want to see Ted snap and become one of those deranged Millionaires who is just uncontrollable, have him cut some promos about trust and win matches, damnit!

Drew McIntyre - All I can say bad about McIntyre is that they didn't push him when the opportunity presented itself. He's good in the ring, and he's exceptional on the mic. They need to turn the focus he had on Kelly towards the WHC (let's face it, there isn't enough competition for the main strap on Smackdown) and just make him relentless in his quest, and again, give him some wins. I'd love to see him in a feud with Rey... I think it could make him regardless of who comes out on top in the feud. It's a shame he wasn't the guy Vince stared down in the Ruthless Aggression promo...

Wade Barrett - It's far too early to start questioning what Wade does or doesn't have. All signs at this very moment point to a feud between he and Sheamus either leading to championship matches, or for the championship itself. I think the E was smart to kinda bury Wade a bit up to this point (even though they did give him the IC belt) as they may have learned from their mistakes of just throwing the strap on guys too soon. I'm glad they've shown some patience with him, and while he was "buried", it was never really at his expense, it was his groups costing him. Wade's going to be a star in the E... and his raise might be coming soon.

1chiban

Reaction score
I think Alex Riley's current popularity both with WWE and the fans themselves shows how much a good run with an established character can do for you before breaking them up. For a dude who is pretty average in the ring, he's certainly got a chance to be big if they don't cock it up. It's what they SHOULD have done with Legacy - Orton shouldn't have came out of it the face character, it should've be Ted getting fed up of Orton It's such a simple formula which they have a track record of success with (Batista turning on Trips anyone?)

Reaction score
All of them are missing one thing in common, the thing that matters more than ANYTHING in wrestling, the ability to connect with the fans, the "it" factor. None of those listed have it. And it's either you do or you don't within 5 years of being in the business. And lol, Jack Swagger has it all...