What are some of your unpopular TV/Movie opinions?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
HwqeiAoaC9Fs_GwX3VDW-9uVB-NaUL9JKOx1WK5om7IPEWWsJ9h5S6CaIYIuTkPPUQ2y3_wQIUYTVuaKbpcjZDd72-XKwveLewL4xr2WsYcGidV6ZqNeQdPtVgX5vMpEfQGnVSPg2zYl

Thought this would be a good thread, and will no doubt stir up some (friendly) discussion. I'll get this started:

Home Alone 3 is a decent film. Whilst the main lead isn't as good as Macaulay Culkin, he's not bad. The kid in the film has enough charm & charisma to carry it, and the traps are by far some of the best in the series. Plus, I think it's the most 'adult-friendly' one with a more serious plot when it comes to the criminals at least. I get why people don't like it, but I still think some of the ratings it gets are a bit harsh. This is coming from someone who absolutely loves the first two films as well.

I never got the appeal of Game of Thrones, even at it's peak. I always thought it was a tad mediocre. I didn't mind Season 1 with Sean Bean what I watched, but I had no desire to finish the show. At the same time, I'm not a big fantasy guy at all.

I prefer Reservoir Dogs over Pulp Fiction. I think it's more tightly paced, and I just dug the characters more. Both of the films are great, but I never opt to re-watch Pulp Fiction first.

tenor.gif

I think most Superhero movies are really boring, especially The Avengers. They are good and well made, but people went absolutely crazy on the ratings for those films. Not a big fan of the humour either. I actually think Blade is probably the best superhero movie if it counts, because I love Horror & Wesley Snipes is amazing in that.

Back to the Future II is more enjoyable than the first for me. I prefer it. I like the futuristic scenes. I also love the part with Biff's world where everything has gone to shit. I think III is the weakest, but the wild west is a fun setting.

FswBD8C.gif

I prefer Scarface over Goodfellas and The Godfather. All of them are VERY good, but Scarface moves so fast, and is just way more exciting. Plus, Tony Montana is such a good ass character. Al Pacino at his best for me.

FatherlyDeliriousHyena-small.gif

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Breaking Bad is not as good as everyone hypes it up to be.

It has maybe two (three) solid seasons and it just stops being enjoyable.

The exact same thing could be said for Walking Dead. The first season is alright, but after that it just becomes a fucking slog to get through with no real enjoyment to be had. "Humans are the real villains" was done far more efficiently and better in Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, and those take up a fraction of the time that the Walking Dead does.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Most of my "hot takes" are usually just enjoying things that are hated lol. I call a lot of things overrated especially some sitcoms that are more recent and super popular like The Office or Parks and Rec, but I still genuinely enjoy them, just enjoy other shows more that are less popular :lol But mostly I just enjoy watching a lot of different things so I can get enjoyment out of a lot regardless of genre and what not. Especially TV shows, even some pretty shitty ones I can get into if I watch a few episodes and they're at least decent at making characters likable.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Breaking Bad is not as good as everyone hypes it up to be.

It has maybe two (three) solid seasons and it just stops being enjoyable.

That's certainly an interesting take. I always thought Breaking Bad got better as the series went on, it goes from 0-100 real quick if you watch the Seasons immediately after the other. In a way though, I sort of agree with you because in the later seasons the Walt & Jesse dynamic dissolves and Walt becomes detestable, but you've watched him go through so much in the show that it was hard to truly hate him (at least for me). The earlier seasons Walt is a bit more innocent and out of his depth and the partnership with Jesse is hilarious at first, I actually sometimes forget it isn't a comedy in the first season. That scene where Jesse doesn't listen to Walt's instructions and uses the bath is pretty hilarious.

"I'm sorry, what were you asking me? Oh, yes. That stupid plastic container I asked you to buy. " Something about it just cracks me up. :lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Most of my "hot takes" are usually just enjoying things that are hated lol. I call a lot of things overrated especially some sitcoms that are more recent and super popular like The Office or Parks and Rec, but I still genuinely enjoy them, just enjoy other shows more that are less popular :lol But mostly I just enjoy watching a lot of different things so I can get enjoyment out of a lot regardless of genre and what not. Especially TV shows, even some pretty shitty ones I can get into if I watch a few episodes and they're at least decent at making characters likable.

Honestly always felt IT Crowd was better than those two shows. Might just have to do with a different penchant for comedy.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Honestly always felt IT Crowd was better than those two shows. Might just have to do with a different penchant for comedy.

Same here. I understand IT Crowd's humour more for a start, but I also just thought the cast were a bit funnier. Then again, I also prefer The Office (UK) which is unpopular as well. Not even a huge Ricky Gervais fan, but the British version seems a bit more realistic and sarcastic which I prefer personally. Parks & Rec is pretty good, but not one of the top shows for me.

Richard Ayoade is brilliant in IT Crowd.

kET.gif

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Same here. I understand IT Crowd's humour more for a start, but I also just thought the cast were a bit funnier. Then again, I also prefer The Office (UK) which is unpopular as well. Not even a huge Ricky Gervais fan, but the British version seems a bit more realistic and sarcastic which I prefer personally. Parks & Rec is pretty good, but not one of the top shows for me.

Richard Ayoade is brilliant in IT Crowd.

kET.gif

• Haha

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I legit don't watch or care for any big TV show. Like I couldn't even name you even one that I've watched :lol

I also think movies in general have gone majorly downhill in recent years. I think I've seen like 3 movies in the past 3 years - one of them was a horror movie, one was that movie about Paige's life/family and one was Detective Pikachu. Movies just fucking suck now. Also superhero movies are everywhere and they're not even entertaining to me lmao.

British comedy > American comedy. British comedy is WAY funnier. Friends and Big Bang Theory are the only exceptions for me.

Speaking of Friends, people complaining about the show being "problematic" need to STFU. It's last episode aired 16 years ago and it began in the mid 90s. Times were different then, you can't compare it to today's environment. Plus, it was one of the first shows to show a lesbian wedding, so it was actually ahead of it's time in some ways. Friends is great and people need to lay off it, it's still hilarious :lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I forgot about my ever unpopular (even on this site) opinion of Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan > The Empire Strikes Back.

Something Smark has yet to forgive me for.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I like them but I find the LOTR films overrated. They’re good don’t get me wrong, but I’m just not as crazy about them as others are.

I could never get into Seinfeld as far as beloved tv shows go, I just never found it funny tbh. I do enjoy Friends though, but my favorite 90s sitcom of all time is Fresh Prince.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
That reminds me of another thing, I've never seen a Star Wars movie. Ever. And I don't plan to lol.

• Wow

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Walkin' Dead is trash, would have made for better movies.

Kenny The Shark is the best PG cartoon ever made.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Walkin' Dead is trash, would have made for better movies.

Kenny The Shark is the best PG cartoon ever made.

As soon as The Walking Dead started to become a soap opera, I lost interest. There's just far too much downtime in that show to develop characters I didn't even care about. I thought the show legitimately started good, and had some solid seasons but very forgettable show actually. I don't miss watching it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Shining (the film) is overrated. Jack's performance is way too hammy. The recent sequel was at least as good.

Buffy season 7 isn't half as bad as many make out. Season 1 is actually the worst season. Season 5 is the best season.

The Buffy-Spike relationship is more interesting than the Buffy-Angel romance.

The US Office is better than the UK original.

The 90's remake of The Getaway is perfectly good.

Do we have one of these for music? Sure there are plenty of hot takes for that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The US Office is better than the UK original.

Do we have one of these for music? Sure there are plenty of hot takes for that.

This is only unpopular where you live :hayden3 and I don't think so, but you're welcome to make it