What AEW Roster Would You Like To See?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
This is more of a hypothetical scenario in which we discuss what roster we'd like to see. After seeing recaps of the press conference, it seems like they're building onto something special. The issue I only find right now is, do they have a big enough star to appeal to the American audience?

I mean respect to all stars involved currently, but I do believe they'd need to take initiative in appealing to the Western Audience. I'm a fan of professional wrestling but I'm also a fan of sports entertainment. All In, while great, seemed like they had a bunch of low budget skits and segments which didn't appeal to me in a positive manner. Then again, it's just me but it came off to bush league.

So whole point of this thread is to see what roster you'd like to see in AEW? I do think they'd need some familiarity there for some casual viewers to get hooked, but not on some TNA level where they undermine their own stars.

Currently I'll name my own personal list.

CM Punk - I don't think he'll do the deal, but it'd be a nice way to get eyes on the product. I don't think he's worth more than $2 million dollars a year especially if they're being taped
Wade Barrett - Could be a good way to see him come back in wrestling. His career was kinda cut short, so hopefully they do reach out to him.
Enzo and Cass - Could be a nice mix to the tag-division. They're not top picks, but still some familiarity with the audience.

Summer Rae either as a valet or wrestler.

Anyways, how about you guys? I'm not trying to have a huge list because I want AEW to be it's own entity. Someone tweet this thread to Cody or the Bucks. Might read it.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Wade Barrett could happen, but the other 4 names sound crazy.. none would add much to the show especially Summer Rae.. Punk would be a draw for a couple weeks out of curiosity.

A few names I'd bring in is.

- Kenny Omega, obviously.
- Pentagon Jr. and Fenix
- Marty Scrull, when he's done with ROH

A few women

- Tenille Dashwood
- Ivelisse
- Santana Garrett
- Priscilla Kelly

Also, try raiding the WWE roster and try getting some guys who are not being used like Anderson & Gallows...

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Men

Pentagon Jr.
Fenix
Aerostar
Eli Drake
Zack Ryder
The Revival
Apollo Crews
Bobby Lashley
Mr. 450
Shinsuke Nakamura

Women
Kelly Klein
Jenny Rose
Davienne Long
Ivelisse Velez
Cheerleader Melissa
Shanna
Allysin Kay
Ember Moon

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Mid-Nineties Kevin Nash, Mid-Nineties Scott Hall, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo, nWo, nWo Wolfpac, Scott Steiner, The Rock, Stone Cold, and so forth. You know the greats.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Real suprised there hasn't been a shout for Cesaro yet. Dude's a tank and it's shocking how WWE have used him these last few years. Fresh start could be just what he needs

Reactions: Chaz-1

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Is anyone still under the idea that Dolph Ziggler is amazing and the WWE are just not booking him right?....... Or is he just plain boring one dimensional Dolph?

And would he be a top guy in AEW?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Is anyone still under the idea that Dolph Ziggler is amazing and the WWE are just not booking him right?....... Or is he just plain boring one dimensional Dolph?

And would he be a top guy in AEW?
Dolph is pretty good, but I wouldn't say amazing. WWE is basically using him as enhancing talent nowadays, which is meh, and the second half is true as well.

Top guy in AEW, no. High Mid-carder more that likely.

Reactions: Chaz-1

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dolph is pretty good, but I wouldn't say amazing. WWE is basically using him as enhancing talent nowadays, which is meh, and the second half is true as well.

Top guy in AEW, no. High Mid-carder more that likely.
Mid-Nineties Kevin Nash, Mid-Nineties Scott Hall, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo, nWo, nWo Wolfpac, Scott Steiner, The Rock, Stone Cold, and so forth. You know the greats.
Yet according to neckbeards like yourself Bryan and Rollins have contributed more to wrestling than those names.

AEW only have a fat Chris Jericho, The Young Bucks, and the overrated Kenny Omega. It's not going to be anything special.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yet according to neckbeards like yourself Bryan and Rollins have contributed more to wrestling than those names.

AEW only have a fat Chris Jericho, The Young Bucks, and the overrated Kenny Omega. It's not going to be anything special.

Quit the personal insults. If you want to be rude, be rude somewhere else. If I am forced to be nice on Quora, I am going to make everyone have to be nice here.

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Where are the big guys?

Yeah. There are plenty of people out there. The big guy in the match is a cliche, I know. But it does work. It's the Andre the Giant philosophy. I mean there are not a lot of people comparable to Andre. Even though he has been distant from wrestling, it makes sense to include someone like Big Show.

Too bad they didn't do Royal Rumbles while Happy Humphrey was competing. I don't think anyone could get his 800 pound butt over the rope.

If you are not familiar with Happy Humphrey, enjoy the one man who out weighed Yokozuna. He was know to eat 15 full chickens every day. He was 900 pounds at his heaviest but he actually lost 570 and but soon after he passed away.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Quit the personal insults. If you want to be rude, be rude somewhere else. If I am forced to be nice on Quora, I am going to make everyone have to be nice here.
I don't care what he calls me because he is just a bad troll that has the education level of the average AtTiTuDe ErA fanboy, who can't let it die.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't care what he calls me because he is just a bad troll that has the education level of the average AtTiTuDe ErA fanboy, who can't let it die.

I know you don't care about that, so don't worry. However, my perspective is not that he is insulting you, but he is insulting a member of the forum. Even if it doesn't bother you, it's against the rules that I have to enforce.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I know you don't care about that, so don't worry. However, my perspective is not that he is insulting you, but he is insulting a member of the forum. Even if it doesn't bother you, it's against the rules that I have to enforce.
Gotcha, amigo.