What AEW Roster Would You Like To See?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Betty White would win.

Chelsea Green signed with WWE like a month or two ago, so I doubt she would come unless her contact expires. Also, PAC is already back wrestling in Dragon Gate and has been for like month or so.

In reality, I wish they would sign people that aren't that well known that way they themselves can build superstars instead of banking on others fandoms, you know.

If they could capitalize on an underrated talent or benefit from the star power of a top WWE name, I don't see the problem

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
After the rally... Which I missed... This is the current roster summed up in a tweet.

And it seems like at Double or Nothingf it will be.

Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho II
PAC vs Hangman Page
Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks

Trying not yo sound like those people who are already selling AEW as a second coming of Christ, but I will say that they are building a decent roster. A couple of lesser known/rising names with overlooked talent and several big names. Then, those three matches alone are sounding great. Here is hoping they pull it off.

Last edited:

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
A fat Chris Jericho and a bunch of indie no-marks. Does nothing for me.

I clicked the livestream and saw a flock of neckbeards gathered around a pool. Not a good look. WWE is worse than ever. It's a shame no one is capable of taking advantage.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
A fat Chris Jericho and a bunch of indie no-marks. Does nothing for me.

I clicked the livestream and saw a flock of neckbeards gathered around a pool. Not a good look. WWE is worse than ever. It's a shame no one is capable of taking advantage.

Well they sold out Double or Nothing (11k) in an hour and had 22 000 expressions of interest in buying tickets so a few people missed out. They probably could have booked a 20k venue which is bigger than what WWE can fill most of the time except for the big 4.

For a one off show you need around 12-18 people. Jericho is a draw even at his age (+25% for NJPW once Jericho was announced), Omega is a big name.

For the 2nd time in 25 years a non WWE/WCW show has hit that. A few of the WWF big events in the 90's were under 10k along with some of the classic WCW and NWA big showes which got around 8k.

WWE average is around 5k apparently.

If they can fill 20k in a future event that is better than WWE can do for most things apart from some of the big 4.

Some years some of the WWE big 4 have been under 10k.

Royal Rumble 1996 9600

Last edited:

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well they sold out Double or Nothing (11k) in an hour and had 22 000 expressions of interest in buying tickets so a few people missed out. They probably could have booked a 20k venue which is bigger than what WWE can fill most of the time except for the big 4.

For a one off show you need around 12-18 people. Jericho is a draw even at his age (+25% for NJPW once Jericho was announced), Omega is a big name.

For the 2nd time in 25 years a non WWE/WCW show has hit that. A few of the WWF big events in the 90's were under 10k along with some of the classic WCW and NWA big showes which got around 8k.

WWE average is around 5k apparently.

If they can fill 20k in a future event that is better than WWE can do for most things apart from some of the big 4.

Some years some of the WWE big 4 have been under 10k.

Royal Rumble 1996 9600
It's the same niche fanbase travelling to shows. They are not representative of the wider audience. If they ran towns every week like WWE does then their gate receipts would be embarrassing. You can't sustain a national touring company off the back of 40k neckbeards and hipsters.

Jericho was never much of a draw. No one knows who Omega is outside of the niche wrestling bubble.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
It's the same niche fanbase travelling to shows. They are not representative of the wider audience. If they ran towns every week like WWE does then their gate receipts would be embarrassing. You can't sustain a national touring company off the back of 40k neckbeards and hipsters.

Jericho was never much of a draw. No one knows who Omega is outside of the niche wrestling bubble.

WWE has probably saturated the market. Ironically Vince didn't want RAW to over expose the talent back in the day.

If you want to watch WWE USA stuff its around 7 hours a week. I cut out RAW and add in 205 Live and NXT. Better storytelling overall.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
WWE has probably saturated the market. Ironically Vince didn't want RAW to over expose the talent back in the day.

If you want to watch WWE USA stuff its around 7 hours a week. I cut out RAW and add in 205 Live and NXT. Better storytelling overall.
RAW is shit. But so is NXT and 205 Live.

There is not much good wrestling about these days in the West.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

It may be for their fan access event but...

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
RAW is shit. But so is NXT and 205 Live.

There is not much good wrestling about these days in the West.

Every one of your posts is nothing but how absolutely everything in wrestling is shit and how everyone in wrestling is shit. Maybe you should do yourself, and everyone on this forum, a favor and stop watching and talking about wrestling. You're either a troll or a very sad and pathetic person who surrounds himself only with things he hates.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Every one of your posts is nothing but how absolutely everything in wrestling is shit and how everyone in wrestling is shit. Maybe you should do yourself, and everyone on this forum, a favor and stop watching and talking about wrestling. You're either a troll or a very sad and pathetic person who surrounds himself only with things he hates.
Wrong again. Spare me the SJW rubbish.

I like a lot about wrestling. The way it used to be. But today's product is very poor. Are you seriously suggesting that it is good in any way?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I have said it a millions, he is a troll.

Crash

Reaction score
I have said it a millions, he is a troll.

Yep, can't believe anyone hasn't dealt with him yet. I have seen other members on this forum before being dealt with very quickly for stuff similar to this, but this guy has been doing his trolling and insulting for a month now with no one doing anything whatsoever... Like I said before, all we can do is never respond to him or ignore.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley