Weird Al Yankovic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have listened to his work since I was young and always loved the way that he parodied not just the songs but the videos as well. Very funny guy with a sharp mind and it is nice to see a lighter side of the industry sometimes rather than all those that think that they are "artists" rather than just people that produce music. I even have an old DVD which was basically a collection of Weird Al videos which is great.

I didn't get his latest album as I didn't think it was as good as his previous work but I still listen to Straight Outta Lynwood regularly. So many good songs on that album including White and Nerdy, I'll Sue Ya, Canadian Idiot and Trapped in the Drive Thru. His earlier work is great as well especially his Michael Jackson send-ups in Fat and Eat It. Amish Paradise, Gump, It's All About the Pentiums, Like a Surgeon, Smells Like Nirvana and of course The Saga Begins are other essential Weird Al songs.

One thing that I regret is not seeing him when he toured Australia last, from all reports he is fantastic live and it would have been good to see him in person.

Any other Weird Al fans on the forum? If so what are your favourite songs and has anyone seen him in concert?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Love the guy. Hoping he drops another album soon, I could see him doing a parody on "call me maybe". I love all of his stuff, no real favorites.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
For his next album I can definitely see him doing a parody of Call Me Maybe and also of Gangnam Style. I think it is going to be a couple of years before we see the next album though. I just really want him to tour again so I can finally see him live.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Actually I highly doubt there will be a parody of Gangnam Style, mainly due to it being overdone by now. The internet is actually against Weird Al in that sense.

My favorite song is Germ(a parody of a few different Nine Inch Nails songs), and I had a chance to see him durring the Bad Hair Day era in Toronto, but came down sick a couple of days before the show.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
If I were to parody Gangnam Style it would probably be done with grunting and stuff. Make it so you don't understand what's being said, similar to the actual song.

I would love for Weird Al to tour again, although I didn't know he stopped touring.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
haven't listened to Weird AL in ages, but one song that sticks out to me was "the White Stuff" (parody of New Kids on The Block The right stuff)... the song was about the white stuff in the middle of an Oreo cookie and I love me some Oreo cookies.... I also remember Coolio being asked about Al's parody of Gangsta's paradise and not being happy with it, thought Al was probably crapping his pants in fear..... then i realized that Coolio is just about as gangsta as my 5 year old niece

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I remember the Coolio issue. Apparently Weird Al's record label told him that Coolio gave his permission when he didn't. They worked it out in the end and I am sure that Coolio wouldn't have minded the extra money that he would have received from royalties from that song. I think that it says a lot about Weird Al that he actually does get permission directly from the artists to record a parody of their songs, he doesn't have to do it but he still does it anyway to be respectful.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
There is a certain amount of respect that Al has for all of the artists he parodies. I think there was some stuff about other artists trying to sue him after they gave him permission.