We can start kissing that match goodbye

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

Yeah, when was that, in 1998.

But you got me curious, who would Taker pick to be his final opponent?

Yes lets have a look. At that, besides HBK who else would be available to face undertaker lets look at this realisticaly. I have taken all the main eveners from each brand and analyzed this.

a) Triple H - It not only has been done before but HHH is busy with Edge and Hardy and Kozlov and I can almost gurrantee his opponent will be one of them. So you can mark him out of the question he has other things to worry about for mania this year.

b) Jeff Hardy - No. Not for Taker's last match, even Jeff marks would agree a no.

c) John Cena - You know I would like to see it but Cena has for the past 6 or so months had himself a lock in spot against Batista but as we get closer I think we may also see etiher Cena / Jericho.

d) JBL - :rofl: at the thought.

e) Kane - Well I don't think we should see Undertaker's match for the fourth tiem against Kane now do we?

f) Rey Mysterio - Now besides me saying why not to do this one can you tell me why we should see this? I would give someone rep if they gave a good reason why.

g) Batista - Him and Orton w/ Legend around the ring is a lock in. Unless we get a rematch from 2007 which no one wants.

h) Edge - Him vs. Hardy is already in the works.

i) Dolph Zigger - wait how did he get here with the main eventers :shifty:

j) CM Punk - Maybe four of five months ago it would have been good but looks like the E' are putting him in the tag team division unless he wins the RR somehow he looks to be staying there for the time being.

h) Morrison - Just too much of a push in one go even for the shamman' of sexy. Maybe a few mid card runs first.

In conclusion I don't think anyone else other then HBK will be good for that match.

Axis

Yes lets have a look. At that, besides HBK who else would be available to face undertaker lets look at this realisticaly. I have taken all the main eveners from each brand and analyzed this.

a) Triple H - It not only has been done before but HHH is busy with Edge and Hardy and Kozlov and I can almost gurrantee his opponent will be one of them. So you can mark him out of the question he has other things to worry about for mania this year.

b) Jeff Hardy - No. Not for Taker's last match, even Jeff marks would agree a no.

c) John Cena - You know I would like to see it but Cena has for the past 6 or so months had himself a lock in spot against Batista but as we get closer I think we may also see etiher Cena / Jericho.

d) JBL - :rofl: at the thought.

e) Kane - Well I don't think we should see Undertaker's match for the fourth tiem against Kane now do we?

f) Rey Mysterio - Now besides me saying why not to do this one can you tell me why we should see this? I would give someone rep if they gave a good reason why.

g) Batista - Him and Orton w/ Legend around the ring is a lock in. Unless we get a rematch from 2007 which no one wants.

h) Edge - Him vs. Hardy is already in the works.

i) Dolph Zigger - wait how did he get here with the main eventers :shifty:

j) CM Punk - Maybe four of five months ago it would have been good but looks like the E' are putting him in the tag team division unless he wins the RR somehow he looks to be staying there for the time being.

h) Morrison - Just too much of a push in one go even for the shamman' of sexy. Maybe a few mid card runs first.

In conclusion I don't think anyone else other then HBK will be good for that match.

Your analysis did not look at who Undertaker would want to wrestle, rather it looked at who creative would have him wrestle. The discussion is who he would select, much like Flair was allowed to do.

Moonlight Drive

'Taker would more than likely choose HBK imo.

Creative would use HHHitler so he could end the streak. :rolleyes:

Moonlight Drive

Triple H wants to use his pull to avenge the loss at Wrestlemania X-7. :rolleyes:

Back then he hadn't buried enough people, he wanted to achieve that first.

kingovkings

Reaction score
id love it 2 be HBK that would be nice and the best option, But that could be very much in doubt now cos of a certain tosser. If not HBK then Id like to see Orton the legend killer do it that would get him some major major heel heat maybe with the help of his new stable legacy.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Batista's out of the question since he's injured for the 320494803498024th time. I really can't see Taker's WM streak ending. It's been built up as this mythical thing in wrestling and I really can't think of anybody who would even come close to deserving the nod.

Devil_Bingo

Reaction score
I don't really want to see JBL wrestle anymore he's kind of boring. So now people don't get to see a dream match with 2 legends and future Hall Of Famers instead we get JBL...

The Rated R CMStar

The thing is, Taker vs HBK might have never been scheduled to happen. We are the ones who started the rambling, but it isn't as if WWE had HBK vs Taker, teased us with the match, and then took it away from us to give us JBL vs HBK.

Airfixx

Already said as much but I don't expect JBL actually VS HBK until some time after Mania... The longer HBK is JBLs bitch, the better.

If they have Mania roughly mark the halfway point in the fued I think JBL v HHH streetfight/no DQ fighting for Shawn's freedom would be a good option for Mania... BUT they'd need to have HHH lose somehow... Perhaps have HBK at ringside as JBLs staff, have HBK try to assist HHH only to screw up leaving him stuck under JBLs command (thus escalating the stroyline - No escape for Shawn etc.).... As it continues Shawn exhibits more and more heelish behaviour as JBL cranks the thumbscrews believing HBK has no way out of his predicament... Innevitably Shawn snaps, they clash etc.... This could eventually lead to a stip (contracts, retirements etc.) match of some description. (I recall reading that JBL wanted to do a program with Shawn before he (Bradshaw) retired.... Maybe this is HIS send-off storyline?)