WCW One Hour To Shine

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DANTE savage

Reaction score
I'm back, and hopefully for good with a brand freakin' new BTB OOOOH YEAH DIGGIT!

World Championship Wrestling – One Hour To Shine back-story

World Championship Wrestling was in a dire postion as the year 2000 rolled in. The company lost a terrible amount of money in 1999 and had really plummeted. The booking had been terrible, and the company really had benefited the tag “wheel chair wrestling”. Once looked upon as the greatest wrestling company in the world, now was indeed a different story for WCW.

In January 2000, the company had reached an all-time low, losing Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Perry Saturn to the devastatingly dominant WWF. WCW needed a new start, and a new lease of life. But what did the real WCW do? It continued to fail, pissing on its product with rubbish booking reigns from Kevin Sullivan and Eric Bischoff. In my WCW, that was indeed not the case.

On Feb 1st 2000, Eric Bischoff offered to buy WCW. Knowing the only way to fix WCW was to restart it, Bischoff led his team of executives into an offer. Eager to sell the ailing company, Time Warner agreed, and Bischoff brought the company! Bischoff hired Vince Russo and Ric Flair to the booking team, and brought the contracts of 24 WCW guys, with the bigger names staying put with their Time Warner deals, and needing a big offer to be brought out, which The Bisch and co were considering, as the roster was weak. However, Bischoff was reluctant due to the fiascos the old guys caused in the old WCW, which was built on politics. Bischoff needed a lot of time before deciding who to purchase, or indeed, who would agree to sign with the new WCW out of the older guys. On the other hand, maybe WCW didn’t need these guys, maybe WCW could start from scractch and make some new stars? All these thoughts and questions were running through “The Bisch’s” head, but first he needed a TV deal….

Bischoff approached several channels, including TNN, who had recently dropped ECW from its network. This being the only channel Bisch could find who was really really interested; the new WCW signed the deal to a one hour show on Friday Nights! This gave Bischoff and co confidence and a new lease of life, and it began to plan its new WCW product. The one hour slot was something Bischoff liked, because before going back out there as a two hour show, Bischoff wanted to WCW to rebuild itself a new idnentity. The new show, which was rumoured to be called Friday Nitro, would not go out on Prime Time either, but again, this was something WCW wanted to work toward…

Bischoff signed Scott Hudson and Tony Scahvonie to announcing positions and Gene Okerlund once again as the trademark interviewer. As for the talent, Although the current roster for the new WCW looked slightly weak, but Bischoff was adamant he would add wrestlers, and maybe some huge names, but Bischoff was very pleased with his purchase of the the recently released from ECW, Mike Awesome, whom he had huge plans for as a “New” WCW star. The current new WCW roster is (from WCW.com)

wcwcom.gif

Booker T
Jeff Jarrett
DDP
Mike Awesome
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Hurricane Helms
Chuck Palumbo
Mark Jindrak (coming up from The Power Plant, which had been reopened)
Lance Storm (coming from ECW)
Shannon Moore
Johnny The Bull
Hugh Morrus
Shawn Stasiak
Billy Kidman
The Wall
Lash Le Roux
Rey Misterio J.r
Konnan
Scott Steiner
Buff Bagwell
Chris Kanyon
The Cat
Juventud Guerrera
Shane Helms

The WCW Power Plant had been reopened, with talent such as A.J Styles, Air Paris, Shawn Oh Haire and Low Ki among others currently training.

It is unknown which older WCW stars will be signed, with WCW having had no talks so far with such individuals as Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash. Despite Bischoff’s tie with Hulk, it is still unkown where Hogan stands with the new WCW. However, WCW appears to be on good terms with Randy Savage, and are considering bringing him in as a commissioner type figure, or a part-time worker.

WCW is also interested in signing talent such as:
Steve Corino, Super Crazy, Rhino, Balls Mahooney and Bryan Danielson.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Great Backstory, Let see how WCW put them back and compete with the WWF. I am checking it out!

DANTE savage

Reaction score
bet ya thought I was never coming back huh leviathan? lol

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
BTB looks cool, nice backstory and roster. I think I might remember you, you did another WCW BTB before, right?

DANTE savage

Reaction score
BTB looks cool, nice backstory and roster. I think I might remember you, you did another WCW BTB before, right?

Yeah I did, your right! I plan to make this the best and longest lasting though!

Triple H15

Reaction score
i really like the roster it seems good i also remember your other WCW story nd i have to say it was good so hopefully this one lives up to the hype. I am really looking forward to the way you use Shawn Stasiak. I think he was probably the most misused and under rated talent in the WWE in 2001 and 2002.

DANTE savage

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback peeps...

200px-Wcwlogo.jpg

YOU HAVE YOUR SAY!

So, Eric Bischoff was without some of the main faces of the old WCW, and decided to approach his good friend Hulk Hogan. By Telephone, Bisch made the call.

Eric Bischoff: "Terry, this is a very personal question. If you come to the new WCW, I need you to work for the good of the company.."

Terry Bollea: "Listen man, I'm not coming to be compromised, you now how big of a draw I am, so..."

Eric Bischoff: "I understand, Terry, but I need a guy who wont be out for himself, not that..."

Terry Bollea: "I'm not out for my damn self, look Eric, I think we'd better start this discussion again, dude, because.."

Eric Bischoff: "All I'm saying is this is a new WCW.."

Terry Bollea: "I fucking understand Eric, I'm trying to talk business. Listen man, why should I join the new WCW?"

Eric Bischoff: "Listen man, we need you, you're the biggest draw in the industry..."

Terry Bollea: "No, Eric, why should I, myslef, join, whats in it for me man? It appears your'e the one out for yourself, not me!"

Eric Bischoff: "Hulk, I dunno what I can say, I guess if you help the new WCW, you can hold the title, how's that?"

Terry Bollea: "Who am I feuding with?"

Eric Bischoff: "Hold on, Hulk, I mean you can have the belt when you've been in for a while. Look Hulk, I'm trying to build for the future, people need to see a new WCW..."

CLICK!

Down goes the phone and Bischoff is bewildered, calling Hogan back, who ignores the phone!

what should Eric do?

A: Call Hulk back until hes blue in the face, cos hes the Hulkster, you know?
B: Fuck him, he doesn't belong in the new WCW, it doesn't need him, no way
C: Pursue him later

MRC

Reaction score
b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!