WCW/ECW 2001 and Beyond - The Alliance Lives

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stojy

Reaction score
Very interesting opening here with Foley seemingly waiting for somebody to arrive. Fonzie’s proposal for a Three Way Dance would be fun, but I get the idea Foley might have something else in mind, or at least an addition to this. Maybe it has to do with who he’s waiting to arrive? Either way, a very intriguing start to the show.

A really good segment here involving Raven, his Warriors and seemingly ex Warriors. Love the mind control Raven has over his followers for them to allow themselves to be punished in such a way. Raven’s dialogue was awesome throughout here, real cult like, eerie sort of stuff. Tajiri as the one to stand up for himself, along with the mist worked well, and the repacked Kronik coming out to clear the ring was a surprise. Not necessarily a surprise that it happened, but I wouldn’t have expected it so soon. I was thinking a prolonged absence of some sort was likely. No issues though, this is all really good and the civil war keeping Raven busy until we know what his title defence looks like works for me. Great stuff.

A solid title defence from Noble and Kash here over the adequate team of Doring and Roadkill. Here for the aftermath though. AJ and Lynn attacking and wanting the tag titles back works for me. Two teams who’d be putting on awesome matches consistently. Sounds good.

Good night for promos so far as you nailed this R Killa one as well. The talks of their previous wars and the justification as to why he’s taking credit for Booker’s title win works really well. Getting into the race stuff was fine enough, and the oreo line was killer. Using the racism card to challenge Booker at an ECW PPV instead of a WCW done is just a real clever bit of booking too. Well done on that. Booker not getting his hands on Killa tonight is the right call, let’s drag it out.

Hmm, didn’t expect this at all, but Total Impact fighting for a title shot sounds like a fun angle in the night. Also don’t think I did notice that Rhyno/Awesome stare down. YES PLEASE!!!

Rhyno with the less than veiled threat to Foley works as well. I’m really intrigued to see how he reacts when he doesn’t get the title shot. Chaotic Rhyno to try and run through Total Impact and lead to an Awesome feud works for me lol.

Shelton Benjamin and Super Crazy is the perfect weekly TV Title match really. Not much behind it, but we know they’ll put on a banger, especially in an ECW environment. Champ obviously retains as expected. Solid.

Daffney promo on wanting the Womens Title from Gail, and announcing she’ll show up at Nitro was fine. Clearly the issues with Victoria are ongoing. Fine enough progression here this week, as not everything can be as great as the segments this show has produced so far.

Tajiri and Kronik had to win the main event because you need to build momentum when you’ve just turned face and/or been repackaged. The right decision and the carnage afterward leading to the Extreme Brawl announcement works best.

This was a sensational show really. Good stuff all around.

• Love
Reactions: RDT

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
WCWnitrologo2003.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
January 6, 2003
Hartford Civic Center
Hartford, CT

Last Week….

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “So last night, man was that one hell of a fight. I can honestly tell you all that I left every last bit of myself out there last night. Let’s just call it how it went down. Stone Cold Steve Austin got his ass kicked. I had my leg wrapped around the ringpost. I had a camera bashed right over my head. And then of course the big one, that 300-pound son-of-a-bitch flew through the air and pretty broke every damn bone in my body. Now it wasn’t one sided. I got a couple Stunners in. A few good chair shots. But that big bastard just kept getting up. It took a long time, thirteen years, but you gotta call it when it happens. I found someone that Stone Cold just couldn’t beat. That someone proved to be Brock Lesnar. I don’t feel good any of this. I don’t know if I ever will. I always said if I couldn’t be the best out there then it was time to call it….”

“THANK YOU STONE COLD!”
“THANK YOU STONE COLD!”
“THANK YOU STONE COLD!”
“THANK YOU STONE COLD!”

Mike Tenay:
“Unbelievable, what a night! And it looks like we’ve seen the last of Stone Cold Steve Austin in the ring!”

Don West: “I never thought I’d see this tonight, Mike.”

Mike Tenay:
“Absolutely insane…HEY, WHO’S THAT?

A man slides into the ring while Austin is saluting the fans on the turnbuckles…and smashes a guitar over Austin’s head, knocking him to the floor!

Don West:
Jeff Jarrett! Mike, that’s Jeff Jarrett!

Mike Tenay: “What the hell is going on?”

Don West:
“That’s Road Dogg and Billy Gunn with him!”

Jeff Jarrett slugs Jim Ross as the New Age Outlaws beat down Stone Cold on the outside. Jarrett orders the protective mats on the floor to be pulled back. Jarrett sets Austin up, then he and the Outlaws spike Austin on the floor with a spike piledriver! Diamond Dallas Page and Shane McMahon run down, but Jarrett, Road Dogg, and Billy Gunn escape through the crowd as Nitro goes off the air!

Mike Tenay: “Oh God...we gotta go...I think Stone Cold is hurt...

Mike Tenay: “Happy New Year, welcome to the first Nitro of 2003! “The Professor” Mike Tenay and I am alongside Don West. Don, last week Jeff Jarrett returned to WCW and seriously injured what looked to be a retiring Stone Cold Steve Austin.”

Don West: “Look, I’m not condoning what Jeff did, but you can’t say he didn’t make a statement. When you take out the top guy, that makes you the top guy in my book. Everyone seemed to forget that the only reason there was a WCW still out there to save in 2001 was because Jeff Jarrett carried the company on his shoulders in 2000!”

Mike Tenay: “That doesn’t make what he did right, c’mon Don! Anyway, we have a huge show tonight! Tony Schiavone will be conducting a sit-down interview with the current WCW World Champion Booker T. Booker of course had the WCW World Championship title belt stolen from him by Ron Killings, a.k.a. R-Killa. Booker T accepted a challenge from R-Killa to defend the championship at ECW’s Guilty As Charged Pay-Per-View this Sunday!”

Don West:
R-Killa has played this one perfectly! Speaking of champions though!”

Diamond Dallas Page: “Yo, Jarrett. When you showed up last week to attack Steve Austin, I threw up my hands in frustration. If there’s anyone who’s like a cockroach that just won’t be killed, it’s you Jarrett. You came out with your scum mates Billy Gunn and Jesse James, and I know what those guys are all about. All these groups come into WCW trying to live in the past. First we had the NWO, but they’re gone. Now what, Jeff? We gonna do the New Blood again? The New Age Outlaws? What is it? I ain’t gonna sit here and stand for it. You took out Austin, but that’s where it stops. I ain’t gonna stand for your bull, Jarrett. If you got a problem with that I have no problem dropping you with a Diamond Cutter on sight! And you know I ain’t playin’! Now…”

DDP is surprisingly interrupted by none other than Bam Bam Bigelow!

Diamond Dallas Page:
“The hell you want?”

Bam Bam Bigelow: “I’m tired of everybody overlooking Bam Bam Bigelow these days. People out there calling me old and telling me I should retire! Well 2003 is going to represent a big year for me! And it starts with you Page! I’ve known you a long time Page, and in that ring all I see is a weak champion, and I’m here to take advantage! So I’m challenging you to defend that US Title at the Guilty As Charged Pay-Per-View!”

Diamond Dallas Page: “You know Bigelow, like you said, we’ve known each other a long time. And it’s amazing to me that you’re just as stupid now as you were then. You should know better than to come out here and trash talk me. You think I’m a weak champ? How about we just forget Sunday, I’ll defend this title against you tonight! But how about you get your fat ass in this ring right now and I’ll give you a little taste of what you’ve gotten yourself into!”

Bam Bam Bigelow doesn’t hesitate one moment as he slides into the ring. Bigelow and DDP brawl for a few moments before officials get between them to break them up!

Mike Tenay: “What a wild start to Nitro!

::COMMERCIAL BREAK::

WCW World Cruiserweight Championship
Ultimo Dragon © vs. La Parka

Ultimo Dragon and La Parka lock-up and Dragon quickly sends him off the ropes, then connects with a spinning heel kick. Dragon sends La Parka off the ropes again, but after a dropdown La Parka knocks Dragon down with a shoulder tackle. La Parka hits the ropes again and Dragon leapfrogs over him, then hits a monkey flip, sending La Parka across the ring. Dragon hits La Parka with hard chops, but La Parka reverses the whip into the corner. Dragon puts on the brakes before doing a handstand on the top rope…before coming down and hitting a charging La Parka with a dropkick. Dragon hits La Parka with a flurry of kicks, ending with a roundhouse kick to the face! Cover, 1…2…La Parka kicks out. La Parka rolls to the outside, and Dragon fakes a dive to the outside. La Parka looks confused, and Dragon comes off the top rope, hitting La Parka with a crossbody to the floor!

Dragon hops onto the apron, but when he goes for the Asai Moonsault, La Parka pulls him down and Dragon crashes onto the apron. La Parka slams Dragon into the ring steps, then heads back into the ring. La Parka struts and dances in the ring…then flies through the middle rope with a suicide dive, taking out the Dragon! La Parka rolls Dragon back into the ring and heads to the top rope. Corkscrew senton squashes the Dragon! 1…2…Dragon gets a foot on the bottom rope, but La Parka thinks he’s won! When La Parka realizes he hasn’t, he turns back toward the Dragon. Dragon surprises him with a frankensteiner attempt…but La Parka plants Dragon with a sitout powerbomb! 1…2…Dragon kicks out again! La Parka puts Dragon in the Tree-of-Woe…then hits Dragon with a spinning heel kick into the corner! Another cover, 1….2…Dragon kicks out again to La Parka’s frustration. La Parka sends Dragon into the corner, but Dragon ducks and La Parka leaps right into the turnbuckles.

La Parka stumbles into Dragon, who quickly hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Dragon props La Parka on the top rope…then takes him right back down with a Dragonrana! Dragon locks in the Dragon Sleeper, but La Parka gets a foot in-between the ropes. La Parka escapes to the outside as the Dragon argues with the referee. La Parka brings a chair into the ring, but Dragon ducks the chairshot and dropkicks the chair in La Parka’s face! La Parks bounces off the ropes, and Dragon hooks his head, and leaps over him with the Asai DDT! 1…2…3!

Winner: Ultimo Dragon via pinfall in 9:41 (Retains)

Ultimo Dragon
holds the World Cruiserweight Championship over his head as he celebrates another successful title defense.

Mike Tenay:
“Ladies and gentlemen, coming up next, Tony Schiavone is with Booker T for a special sit-down interview.”

Tony Schiavone:
“Thank you, Mike. Tony Schiavone here with the reigning WCW World Champion, Booker T. Booker, thank you for speaking with me tonight.”

Booker T: “Of course, Tony. Thank you for having me.”

Tony Schiavone: Booker, I’ve known you a long time. Just eight nights ago you reclaimed your spot at the top of World Championship Wrestling when you defeated Triple H and Kurt Angle at Starrcade. But there hasn’t been any celebrating since thanks to Ron Killings, R-Truth. How do you feel about everything that’s transpired since you won the title?”

Booker T: “It’s a mixed bag, Tony. On one hand, yeah I’m not too happy that R-Killa ran in and stole the title belt from me. The way I was brought up in the wrestling business, you don’t touch the title if you never won it. That’s a sign of disrespect that I’m gonna correct at Guilty As Charged. But on the other hand, I get it. Yeah, I get it. Look, 10 years ago, I felt like he does now. Being overlooked. Not getting the chances I thought I deserved. Some of that was my past, sure. I get it. But I fought my way to the top. I didn’t take a cheap shortcut. Me and my brother, we beat all the great tag teams. L.O.D., Steiners. Outsiders. We beat them all. Then when we were done with that, I went ahead, got my shot for the TV Title, and won that in my first opportunity. I kept moving on and on. I feel I earned everything I won. That’s what he should be doing now.”

Tony Schiavone: “It sounds to me, just by listening to you that you feel you have some similarities to R-Killa. You just said he should follow your path.”

Booker T: “Yeah. Truth is I see a lot of my younger self in Ron you know? I was young and I did some stupid things. For anyone who didn’t know I spent some time in prison when I was coming up, stupid deal really. I know that’s true for him too. For a while yeah I thought that was always going to haunt me foe the rest of life and I definitely thought it was going to mess up my career prospects. But I worked hard and I overcame it. I’ve been in this deal for 10 years now. R-Killa, he got fired from the WWF and he thinks the world owes him everything. I was the angry young guy once. He needs to get by that, do the work, and he’ll get his chance on top.”

Tony Schiavone: “Is that actually the case though? Respectfully, Booker, R-Killa has seemingly goaded you into a WCW World Championship Match this Sunday at Guilty As Charged. That shortcut he took, as you called it, may be what gets him to the top.”

Booker T: “Once I learned how the game was played I played it better than anyone, Tony. I used to say it all the time, don’t hate the playa, hate the game. R-Killa might have gotten his title shot this Sunday, but I’m gonna show him he’s got a long way to go if he thinks he’s gonna beat me in a one-on-one environment with the big gold on the line. Ron said some things on RISE last week, I think he said something about me being an Oreo or something. He’s gotta realize we’re running the same race and jumping the same hurdles. If he wants to trip me up trying to shortcut to the top, then I’m gonna be the one to teach him a lesson. He can make of that however he chooses.”

Tony Schiavone: “Thank you, Booker, for your thoughts so far. We’ll be back later tonight with more from Booker T.”

Road Warrior Animal: Dudleys, you need to understand something. Me and Hawk, we didn’t forget about last year. SuperBrawl, last year, you escaped with the belts. Not this time! We don’t care what you’re into these days. But it’s a good thing you’re closer to God, because no one else is gonna be able to heal you back up after what we do to you! We’re going to run through you, then rip you apart for good measure. But we’re not going to wait for it! Next week, we want the belts! If you’ve got any guts, you’ll accept our challenge! Tell’em Hawk!”

Road Warrior Hawk: “There’s only one thing to say….OOOOO WHAT A RUSH!

Kurt Angle
makes his way to the announce desk, joining Mike Tenay and Don West.

Mike Tenay: Kurt, thanks for joining us.”

Kurt Angle: “My pleasure, Mike. I’m just looking to get a closer look at Flair.”

Christian (w/Rene Dupree) vs. Ric Flair

Christian and Flair circle around one another. They attempt to lock-up, but Flair ducks away at the last moment, fixes his hair and struts across the ring. Christian and Flair do lock-up, and Christian shoves him down. Christian then mocks Flair with his own strut, but when he turns back towards Flair he gets a thumb to the eye! Flair takes Christian down and puts his legs on the ropes with a cover, 1…2…Christian kicks out. Christian backs away into the corner but Flair is on him with chops! Flair chops Christian over and over again, causing welts on Christian’s chest. Flair hip tosses Christian out of the corner, then heads to the top rope! Christian gets to his feet quickly though and slams Flair off the top rope. Christian sends Flair into the corner, and Flair flips over the top rope and lands on the apron. Christian tries to knock him off, but Flair catches Christian with an elbow. Rene Dupree pulls Flair off the apron, with Flair’s face crashing into the canvas!

Kurt Angle: “I’m frankly a little surprised Flair fell for that one.”

Dupree runs Flair into the apron as Christian has the referee distracted. Flair struggles to get back onto the apron, and Christian brings him in the hard way with a suplex. Cover, 1…2…Flair kicks out. Christian sends Flair into the corner, but misses an elbow smash as Flair moves out of the way. Flair gets some punches in before chopping away at Christian again. Christian fights back, but Flair’s chops win out. Flair hits a drop toehold, then calls for the Figure-Four! Christian tries to fight it, and Dupree punches Flair in-between the ropes!

Kurt Angle:
“I’m trying to watch a solid wrestling match here, the hell is this?”

Dupree gets some cheap shots in on Flair, but Kurt Angle runs down and takes him out! Angle beats the hell out of Dupree as Christian stomps away on Flair. Christian sets Flair up for the Unprettier…but Flair hits a low blow…while the referee was attending to Angle and Dupree! Flair rolls Christian up and holds the tights for good measure, 1…2…3!

Winner: Ric Flair via pinfall in 7:03

Kurt Angle
slides into the ring and a staredown with Ric Flair ensues. Rene Dupree attacks Angle and Christian attacks Flair, but both Flair and Angle fight them off!

Mike Tenay: “Let’s not forget, at Revenge, it’ll be Ric Flair against Kurt Angle with a WCW World Title shot at SuperBrawl on the line!”

Brother Bubba:
“As I stand here, I must confess that we have greatly sinned. In our thoughts and in our words, in what we have done, but most importantly, in what we have failed to do. Our most grievous fault is that the Legion of Doom, Hawk and Animal still walk the earth to this day! I hope that HE has mercy on us, because HE has given us the task to end the evil behemoths that are the Road Warriors! HE has accepted the challenge. We will do HIS bidding. Next week on Nitro, the Archdiocese of Dudleyville holds the funeral proceedings to one of the all-time greatest tag teams…courtesy of the Dudleys!

Reverend D-Von: “Oh my brother….TESTIFY!”

The Giant
makes his way out to the ring.

The Giant: “A reminder for everyone. Eight nights ago, Starrcade 2002, I killed Hulkamania once and for all. Never again is Hulk Hogan going to come out here, give the same speech he’s given for twenty years, and steal someone’s spotlight again. Never again is Hulk Hogan going to run some renegade side group and hold a promotion hostage while some sucker executive gives him everything he wants even though no one cares about him anymore. I did more for the future of WCW than anyone ever when I squashed Hogan for good. Shane McMahon, come down here now and give me my reward. Give me my WCW World Championship title shot. Don’t keep me waiting Shane.”

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar answer The Giant’s call, and Giant doesn’t look too happy.

The Giant: “Trust me I’ve got no time for the either of you!”

Paul Heyman: “Hey now hold on a second. Just hold on for one second! Now I understand Giant why you aren’t interested in myself or Brock Lesnar coming down here when you’re trying to get your shot at the WCW World Championship. But I’ve always been a big fan of yours. Hell, before I met Brock Lesnar, if you had asked me who was destined to become the biggest star in professional wrestling. The fact that you destroyed Hulk Hogan last week, well, it’s been a long time coming. Congratulations to you. But that top spot. That spot that you wiped the remnants of Hulkamania off of, well that spot was held by Stone Cold Steve Austin. That is, until Starrcade, where my client, Brock Lesnar finished off the Texas Rattlesnake once and for all. The wrestling business, this is Brock Lesnar’s business now!”

The Giant: Paul you need to get your boy in line. I’m….”

Brock Lesnar interrupts The Giant by getting right in his face.

The Giant: “You really need to think about you’re doing boy.”

Sean O’Haire: “You’re both wrong! The real kingpin. He got away at Starrcade. I’m not going to let him get away!”

Paul Heyman: Sean O’Haire, big fan…”

The Giant: “Will you shut up with that?! What are you [O’Haire] talking about? Triple H? His ass is gone for good and you had nothing to do with it.”

Sean O’Haire: “He’ll find a way back. Guys like Triple H, they always find a way. Unless Shane McMahon gives me the match with him so I can finish him off just like you, Brock, did with Stone Cold. Or you, big man, did with Hogan.”

The Giant: “I think Shane McMahon has more important things to attend to.”

Paul Heyman: “Yes, yes, like giving Brock Lesnar his title shot! But wait, wait. Maybe we need to have a little competition. A showcase for Shane McMahon to make his decision. How about, just for tonight, Brock Lesnar and you Giant, join forces. Let us see between the two of you who can make mincemeat out of Sean O’Haire over here. Hey, it can’t hurt, right?”

The Giant: “You want me to team with Brock? For what? I already earned my title shot…”

Sean O’Haire: “Hey, I’ve got no problem with this. You stand in my way, you’ll both suffer the same fate that Triple H will in due time. Hey Chuck, get out here!”

Chuck Palumbo comes out and joins Sean O’Haire. The Giant and Brock Lesnar argue about who will start the match…

Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman) and The Giant vs. Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire

…which allows Palumbo and O’Haire to double tackle Lesnar, sending Lesnar to the outside! Palumbo and O’Haire punch away at Giant, but Giant shoves O’Haire away and hits Palumbo with a big headbutt. O’Haire hits Giant with a roundhouse kick and tries to slam him…only Lesnar trips O’Haire from the outside and Giant lands on him! 1…2…Palumbo breaks up the count. Lesnar hits Palumbo with a vicious clothesline that takes him out. Giant chokes O’Haire with his boot in the corner, but Lesnar shoves the Giant out of the way, when drives his knee into O’Haire’s midsection. Giant gets Lesnar’s attention and the two argue. They don’t see O’Haire climbing to the second rope…O’Haire knocks both Lesnar and Giant down with a double flying clothesline! O’Haire jumps onto the Giant, 1…2…Giant kicks out with authority. O’Haire hits Giant with a Ridgehand, then catches Lesnar with a knee to the face. O’Haire and Palumbo then hit Lesnar with a double superkick that sends Lesnar to the outside. O’Haire goes after him…but is distracted by someone in the crowd. The camera takes a closer look…and that’s Eric Bischoff!

Mike Tenay:
Eric Bischoff? Why is he here?!”

Don West:
“Come on, Mike, you know why!”

Eric Bischoff taunts Sean O’Haire, telling him that “we can make it happen!” WCW Owner Shane McMahon runs down to ringside and tells security to escort Bischoff out of the building, and Bischoff goes without incident. O’Haire argues with Shane, allowing Lesnar to smack O’Haire with a chair…causing a DQ. Giant chokeslams Palumbo and goes for the cover, but realizes the match is over when the referee rings the bell without counting.

Winners: Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo by DQ when Lesnar hit O’Haire with a chair in 3:04

Shane McMahon
gets in between O’Haire, who’s irate now, and Lesnar, but Shane gets Lesnar to back off by dangling the title shot. Lesnar slides into the ring, only to get into an argument with Giant. O’Haire tells Shane that he better deliver Triple H. O’Haire and Palumbo do leave, allowing Shane to deal with Lesnar and Giant, who are still arguing in the ring.

Shane McMahon: “We’re going to make this simple guys. Next week, both of you, Brock Lesnar and Giant, are gonna go at it. Winner gets the shot at Revenge! Ok. Now that’s enough!”

Paul Heyman: “Thank you, Shane…thank…wait, Brock!

Brock Lesnar attacks Giant, but when he comes off the ropes Giant grabs Lesnar by the throat! Lesnar fights off the chokeslam and escapes.

An angry Brock Lesnar stomps around the backstage area with Paul Heyman trying to calm him down. Heyman quickly gets scared as Sean O’Haire approaches.

Sean O’Haire: Heyman, you tell Brock I owe him one, and he better watch his back!”

Lesnar looks to fight O’Haire now, but Paul Heyman begs him to stop. O’Haire walks off with Lesnar still steaming.

Elix Skipper and Shane Helms (w/Monty Brown) vs. Los Guerreros

Chavo and Helms trade blows, with Chavo getting the upper hand first with some hard chops. European uppercut from Chavo, then a belly-to-back suplex. Chavo gets some more punches in as Helms fights back to his feet. Helms reverses an Irish whip and hits Chavo with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker before tagging in Skipper. Skipper sends Chavo off the ropes and Eddie gets a blind tag. Skipper leapfrogs over Chavo, then catches Chavo with a hurricanrana! Skipper also seemed to have seen the bling tag as he does a split to duck Eddie’s clothesline, then hits Eddie with a one-legged dropkick! Skipper tags Helms back in. Double suplex on Eddie, then a double elbow drop! Helms pins Eddie, 1…2…Eddie kicks out.

Helms hits a sunset flip on Eddie, 1…2…Eddie kicks out again. Dropkick from Helms! Helms heads to the top rope…but there’s nobody home on the crossbody as Eddie drops out of the way. Eddie sets Helms up and plants him with a brainbuster! Eddie tags in Chavo then locks Helms in a leg grapevine, allowing Chavo to springboard over the top rope with a senton! Chavo covers Helms, 1…2…Helms kicks out. Chavo locks in an armbar to slow the pace and wear down Helms. Helms fights his way back to his feet and sends Chavo off the ropes, but Chavo gets a shoulder tackle to knock Helms back down. Chavo tries to lock Helms in the Gory Special, but Helms quickly escapes with an armdrag then leaps to tag in Skipper! Skipper goes to work on Chavo, but Eddie immediately comes into the ring and blasts Skipper from behind. Eddie tells Chavo to hold Skipper up. Eddie comes off the ropes, but Skipper moves and Eddie blasts Chavo! Helms jumps into the ring and hits a leg lariat on Eddie, sending him to the outside. Skipper and Helms hit the All-Star Takedown! Skipper covers Chavo, 1…2…3!

Winners: Elix Skipper and Shane Helms when Skipper pinned Chavo in 6:13

While Helms and Skipper celebrate with Monty Brown, Chavo just throws up his hands in frustration towards Eddie, who just shakes his head.

Tony Schiavone:
“Ladies and gentlemen, part two of our interview with WCW World Champion Booker T. Once again, I’m Tony Schiavone. Booker T, let us go back to last year. You and R-Killa were at war. We thought it was over at Anarchy Rulz. Does it end this Sunday at Guilty As Charged?”

Booker T: “You know I thought it was over too. All year R-Killa was a pain in my ass, no doubt. But lets just put it out there. I gave that man an ass whipping of a lifetime in Harlem. I thought the man learned his lesson that night. He’s doing what he feels he’s gotta do become champion. Well that’s what I’m going to do too. You think Anarchy Rulz was bad? Tony, trust me when I say this, I will do anything to still be WCW World Champion. I’m getting the physical belt back. I’m gonna kick the man’s ass, and hopefully this time the message gets through.”

Tony Schiavone: Booker, and I mean this question with respect, but what happens if it doesn’t go your way this Sunday? There’s a possibility this era of Booker T that was declared by Shane McMahon is cut short. We’ll live in a world where Ron Killings is the WCW World Champion. Has that thought crossed your mind…”

R-Killa: “It’s crossed my mind!”

Booker T: “The hell?!”

R-Killa appears and smashes the WCW World Championship belt over Booker T’s head! R-Killa stomps away on Booker before tossing him into a wall. Tony Schiavone tries to stop R-Killa, but he gets knocked down. R-Killa hits Booker T with the title belt once again before holding it above his head with a foot on Booker’s mouth.

R-Killa: “Six days….sucka. Six days.”

Mike Tenay:
“Welcome back to Nitro. We’ve checked in and both Booker T and Tony Schiavone are okay. This Sunday the WCW World Championship will be decided on ECW turf. Booker T defends the title against R-Killa.”

Don West: “I’m really looking forward to watching this one. These ECW Pay-Per-Views are always wild, but the WCW Championship being on the line is just icing on the cake. Speaking of looking forward to things, I can’t wait to watch this one coming up!”

Mike Tenay:
US Title is on the line!”

Diamond Dallas Page grabs a microphone as he makes his way down to the ring.

Diamond Dallas Page: “Hey, ref, just so you know we ain’t doing this by the book. Me and Bigelow, we got somethin’ to settle. No countouts, no DQ. We’re gonna settle this!”

WCW United States Championship – No Countouts, No DQ
Diamond Dallas Page (w/Stacy Keibler) vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Bigelow pounds away on DDP as soon as DDP slides into the ring. DDP counters a whip and hits Bigelow right in the head with a hard shot. DDP hits Bigelow with punches, but Bigelow gets in a shot that staggers DDP. Bigelow runs DDP into the corner, then tosses him out with little effort at all! DDP backs away in the corner and gets his foot up when Bigelow charges. DDP hits Bigelow with a clothesline that sends Bigelow through the ropes and onto the floor. DDP hits Bigelow with a baseball slide that sends Bigelow into the barricade! DDP gets a garbage can lid from under the ring and hops onto the apron. DDP leaps and smashes the lid over Bigelow’s head! DDP puts the lid on Bigelow’s face, then slams Bigelow into the ringpost! DDP plays to the crowd, but when he turns his attention back to Bigelow, Bigelow grabs Stacy Keibler and puts her between him and DDP! Bigelow tosses Stacy aside then tackles DDP into the ringsteps! Bigelow then powerslams DDP on the floor! Bigelow rolls DDP into the ring, then grabs some weapons from under the ring.

In the ring, Bigelow has a wooden mop and breaks it over DDP’s back! Falling headbutt from Bigelow and a cover, 1…2…DDP kicks out. Bigelow pounds on DDP, but DDP fights back. Bigelow catches a DDP kick, but DDP spins around and hits Bigelow with a clothesline. Bigelow keeps his balance, so DDP grabs a piece of wood and smashes it over Bigelow’s head! Bigelow still stands! DDP grabs a chair and gets a full head of steam, but Bigelow catches him before DDP swings and hits a brutal spinebuster! Bigelow picks DDP up for Greetings From Asbury Park, but DDP slides behind Bigelow and goes for the Diamond Cutter. Bigelow blocks it and shoves DDP into the ropes. Bigelow boots DDP and powerbombs him in the middle of the ring! Instead of going for the cover, Bigelow climbs the ropes, but DDP has some life left in him and hits the ropes, resulting in Bigelow getting crotched!

DDP goes over to Bigelow and calls for the Diamond Cutter, but DDP sees Billy Gunn on the apron and quickly knocks him off! Road Dogg slides in and nails DDP from behind. Road Dogg sends DDP off the ropes, but DDP catches him with a DDT on the way back. DDP stomps away on Road Dogg as Jeff Jarrett slides into the ring with his guitar! Jarrett misses DDP…but accidentally smashes the guitar over Stacy Keibler’s head instead! DDP attacks Jarrett and punches away at him in the corner, but Gunn hits the low blow. Gunn sets DDP up for a piledriver, and Road Dogg spikes DDP down! Shane McMahon comes out to the ring with security officers as Jarrett, Gunn, and Road Dogg escape through the crowd! Bigelow, still on the turnbuckles, hits a flying headbutt on DDP! 1…2…3!

Winner: Bam Bam Bigelow via pinfall in 10:07 (New Champion)

Don West:
“We have a new champion!

Mike Tenay: “My god I can’t believe what Jarrett did!”

Don West: “He didn’t mean to!”

Mike Tenay: “Why the hell is he even out here?! God I hope Stacy is okay!”

Nitro closes with Bam Bam Bigelow pounding on his chest as he walks up the ramp as the new United States Champion…while Shane McMahon and Diamond Dallas Page check on Stacy.

::END SHOW::

Quick Results

World Cruiserweight Championship

Ultimo Dragon © pinned La Parka to retain the title

Ric Flair pinned Christian

Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo defeated Brock Lesnar and The Giant by DQ

Elix Skipper and Shane Helms defeated Los Guerreros when Skipper pinned Chavo

WCW United States Championship
Bam Bam Bigelow pinned Diamond Dallas Page © to win the title

Champions

WCW World Champion

Booker T (Defeated Kurt Angle on 12-29-02)

ECW World Champion
Raven (Defeated Rob Van Dam on 9-29-02)

WCW United States Champion
Bam Bam Bigelow (Defeated Diamond Dallas Page on 1-6-03)

ECW Television Champion
Shelton Benjamin (Defeated Tajiri on 10-27-02)

WCW World Tag Team Champions
The Archdiocese of Dudleyville (Defeated Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant on 10-7-02)

ECW World Tag Team Champions
Jamie Noble and Kid Kash (Defeated Rob Van Dam and Sabu on 12-29-02)

World Cruiserweight Champion
Ultimo Dragon (Defeated Tajiri on 12-29-02)

World Women’s Champion
Gail Kim (Defeated Victoria on 12-29-02)

Roster

AJ Styles: – Jerry Lynn took AJ Styles under his wing in early 2002, resulting in them winning the ECW World Tag Team Titles at Barely Legal II. They dominated the ECW Tag Team division for most of the year until losing the titles to Rob Van Dam and Sabu at November to Remember. Lynn and Styles failed to win back the titles at Starrcade, although they did eliminate RVD and Sabu

The Archdiocese of Dudleyville: – The Dudley Boyz lost the WCW World Tag Team Championship back in April to Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant, then disappeared after a loss to Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, and Balls Mahoney at ECW Barely Legal II. They returned in early October…but under a religious gimmick. Brother Bubba and Reverend D-Von, joined by the monstrous Deacon Batista, regained the WCW Tag titles and even seemed to kidnap Spike Dudley on an edition of ECW Rise. It looks like Spike has joined back with his brothers based on what happened on the 10/31 RISE. They’ve also been feuding with the trio of Elix Skipper, Shane Helms, and Monty Brown. They also have issues with Dreamer and Sandman because of the kidnapping of Spike. They took out Dreamer and Sandman for seemingly for good at N2R. After Deacon Batista’s loss to Monty Brown on Nitro, The Dudleys and Batista will face Elix Skipper, Shane Helms, and Brown at Starrcade in a Six-Man Tag Team Match with the WCW World Tag Team Titles on the line. Batista powerbombed Spike post-match, blaming him for the loss. They retained the titles at Starrcade. The LOD look like they are coming for them next.

Billy Kidman: – It has been an up and down year for Kidman. After some early battles with Raven and his Warriors, Kidman challenged Christian thoughout the year for the US Title but didn’t win the title. He’s now again become a target of Raven’s Warriors mostly due to his past with Raven and his friendship with Rey Mysterio Jr.

Booker T: – When this new WCW formed, Booker T had a chance to become the #1 Contender for the WCW World Championship, but lost to Kurt Angle at Starrcade 2001. Booker has since been trying to fight his way back to contention. A long feud with R-Killa (Ron Killings) occupied Booker throughout the summer until Booker finally dispatched him in an actual Harlem Street Fight at ECW Anarchy Rulz. Booker T had another chance to win the WCW World Championship as he won a fan vote over Kurt Angle (100%-0%!) to face HHH at Cyberslam, but HHH prevailed in a half-hour classic. Booker T was on the WCW Team that beat the NWO at War Games, which led to a match with Brock Lesnar at Halloween Havoc (Lesnar, while not a NWO member, was on team NWO for the match). Lesnar managed to defeat Booker at Halloween Havoc, but Booker has vowed revenge, while also declaring entry in the WrestleWar. He also may have picked up an ally in Lesnar’s former partner Shelton Benjamin. The feud with the New World Order has picked back up, with HHH blasting brother Stevie Ray with a sledgehammer. Booker T would win the WrestleWar to earn a WCW World Title shot at Starrcade 2002…and held off Triple H two nights later to hold onto that title shot. Booker T converted that title shot into his 5th WCW World Championship. Has his first successful defense on Nitro against Christian before getting attacked by a returning R-Killa, who stole the WCW World Title belt from him. He’ll face R-Killa at Guilty As Charged

Brock Lesnar: – After dominating ECW from his debut at Starrcade 2001 (December) through Anarchy Rulz 2002 (August), Lesnar surprised the world when he teamed with the NWO for War Games with the condition that if the NWO won, Triple H would give him a WCW World Title shot. Lesnar’s shortcut to the WCW title didn’t work and this led to a feud with Booker T. Lesnar defeated Booker at Halloween Havoc, although it seems he’s drawn the ire of ECW stablemate Shelton Benjamin. Lesnar’s manager Paul Heyman announced on Nitro that Lesnar will be a part of WrestleWar. Lesnar returned to ECW to get revenge on Benjamin’s actions at Halloween Havoc and defeated Benjamin at November to Remember. After eliminating Stone Cold Steve Austin in a War Rumble, Lesnar decided to anger Stone Cold…which bit him in the ass during the Final Battle. Lesnar will have the biggest match of career at Starrcade when he faces Stone Cold. Lesnar may have crossed a line though as he went to Austin’s best friend WWF Announcer Jim Ross’ home and assaulted him as a message. Lesnar continued his path of destruction by destroying Stone Cold at Starrcade for perhaps the biggest win of his career. Now, he has eyes on capturing the WCW World Championship

Chris Candido: – Once Justin Credible betrayed Total Impact, a spot opened for Chris Candido. Candido has helped Lance Storm and Mike Awesome in their battles against the NWO and their allies ever since. After the Outsiders cost Mike Awesome the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Total Impact laid out a challenge aimed to eradicate the core of the NWO: the Outsiders, once and for all. He was injured in a car accident facilitated by the Outsiders. Total Impact would defeat the Wolfpac at Starrcade. He takes on stablemates Lance Storm and Mike Awesome at Guilty As Charged for an ECW World Championship Match

Christian: – After an early loss to Triple H, Christian recovered in January 2002 to win the US Title and has dominated the US Title scene for most of the year. Christian has had different allies throughout his reign: The Quebecers and Rene Dupree (Dupree is still with him). He’s beaten challengers such as Test, Billy Kidman, and Booker T in title defenses. He lost the title to Kurt Angle at Cyberslam, but won it back on Nitro and is the current champion. Christian is slated to compete in the WrestleWar and has guaranteed victory all the while trying to avoid defending his US Title at all costs. DDP got the better of him at Starrcade, leaving Christian titleless

Chuck Palumbo: – Palumbo has struggled ever since partner Sean O’Haire turned against him and joined the NWO. Has had some matches with O’Haire since, but hasn’t been able to beat his former partner and friend. Has seemed to have patched things with him since O’Haire left the NWO

Daffney: – Daffney debuted alongside Victoria and has been at ringside through Victoria’s rise to World Women’s Champion. Daffney has disagreed with Victoria’s post-match attacks though, and Victoria responded in an abusive manner towards her. Daffney had enough and finally attacked Victoria at Halloween Havoc, saving Molly Marvel. Daffney would lose to Victoria at November to Remember…although she scarred Victoria by throwing tacks in her face…and did it again to cost Victoria the Women’s Title against Gail Kim at Starrcade, then made the challenge for Kim’s title

Dave Taylor: – Brought in by William Regal and Fit Finlay to help them when they were battling Monty Brown, Elix Skipper, and Shane Helms

Deacon Batista: – The enforcer of the Archdiocese of Dudleyville, OVW’s former Leviathan

Diamond Dallas Page: – DDP began as a commentator, but got involved in the Tajiri-William Regal-Torrie Wilson situation. Torrie would become one of his Diamond Dolls (Stacy Keibler would join later, and Torrie would leave for Kidman in the summer). DDP then also saved Stacy Keibler from the Dudleyz and received a huge assist from the Giant. DDP and Giant battled the Outsiders for most of the summer over the WCW World Tag Team titles, and almost won the WCW Title from HHH at Clash of Champions. Recently, due to the Giant’s frustration with not getting WCW World title shots, the Giant turned on DDP. The Giant took DDP out in their match at Halloween Havoc. DDP made his return on Nitro just twelve days before Wrestle War, saving Booker T from an attack from Triple H. With the Giant reappearing, DDP wants a rematch with him, but had to settle for becoming the #1 Contender to Christian’s US Title. He said he wasn’t done with the Giant…and seemingly had Giant beat on Nitro if it weren’t for Christian. DDP would defeat Christian at Starrcade to win the US Title, and made it clear he still had the WCW World Title set in his sights. There’s a new problem for DDP now, as he’s called out Jeff Jarrett and the New Age Outlaws. Jarrett and the Outlaws responded in kind by costing DDP the US Title

Eddie Guerrero: – Now clean and sober, Eddie Guerrero returned to major league pro wrestling by winning the vacant ECW TV Title at Barely Legal II. He feuded with Rob Van Dam over the summer, trading the ECW TV title with him and losing to RVD in RVD’s 1st PPV ECW World Title defense. Guerrero eventually got the better of RVD in a special ladder match where the winner got to have any match he wanted, although it seems like Commissioner Mick Foley isn’t able to deliver. Guerrero showed up on Nitro as a result and lost a highly competitive match with Kurt Angle in the main event. Mick Foley found a suitable substitute that Guerrero accepted for the November to Remember match: Stone Cold Steve Austin. Guerrero would fail in his attempt to defeat Austin. Guerrero put on a good performance in his War Rumble as he entered #1 and made it nearly to the end. He got revenge on the man who eliminated him, Ric Flair, two nights later by costing Flair the WCW World Title. Scored a pinfall on Flair on RISE as well, but couldn’t come up with the victory against him at Starrcade. The next night Guerrero accidentally cost Chavo the Cruiserweight title…then cost himself and Chavo a tag match against Shane Helms and Skipper.

Elix Skipper: – After winning a couple of matches against The Hurricane, he and Shane Helms joined forces to make an exciting tag team. Recently, Monty Brown joined them and they have their sights on the Archdiocese of Dudleyville. Thanks to Brown’s victory over Batista, the Six-Man Tag Team Match between these teams will take place at Starrcade and will be for the WCW World Tag Team Title. Unfortunately, The A.O.D. prevailed at Starrcade

Fit Finlay: – Brought in by William Regal to battle Diamond Dallas Page, Finlay and Regal then feuded in the spring. Regal would knock Finlay out in a match in May…but they’d get back together later in the year and now are a trio with David Taylor

Gail Kim: – The former La Felina was destroyed by Victoria in the summer, but her triumphant return as Gail Kim led to a Women’s War Rumble victory and a title shot at Starrcade 2002, which she won for her first world title

The Giant: – The Giant signed on with Shane McMahon in an announcement made at Starrcade 2001. Giant said one thing mattered to him: the WCW World Championship. He failed to win it at Souled Out against Kurt Angle and then ended up on a different path: helping Diamond Dallas Page win the WCW World Championship in his feud with the Dudley Boyz. Giant and DDP had two reigns over the summer as they feuded with the Outsiders, trading the titles. The Giant grew tired of waiting for another WCW World title shot after their victory over the NWO at War Games and eventually turned on DDP. Giant destroyed DDP at Halloween Havoc, but upon not receiving a title match seemingly walked out on Shane McMahon on Nitro. The Giant returned at the WrestleWar, injuring then-WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan before and after his failed title defense against Kurt Angle. The Giant showed he wasn’t done with DDP either as he attacked DDP after DDP’s match with Rene Dupree on Nitro. Hulk Hogan would return the next week to save DDP from Giant, and WCW Owner Shane McMahon announced that Hogan and Giant would clash at Starrcade. The Giant accomplished something he was never able to do in the past seven years when he pinned Hulk Hogan clean at Starrcade. He now has his sights set on the WCW World Championship once again

Hugh Morrus: – Has mostly been in the lower-mid card in the Alliance era. After a loss to Chuck Palumbo, Morrus said that he was “done with this Hugh Morrus shit”

Hulk Hogan: – He originally returned at Slamboree to cost Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship in his title defense against Triple H. After HHH turned the NWO against him, Hogan was out until the night after Cyberslam in early September. Hogan returned and led WCW in a victory over the NWO in War Games. This got him a title shot at Halloween Havoc, where Hogan defeated HHH to win the title. Hogan had previously promised Kurt Angle a title shot due to screwing him over at Slamboree, and that match will take place at WrestleWar. The Giant would attack Hogan before and after that match, and he cost Hogan the title against Kurt Angle. Hogan returned to Nitro to extract revenge on Giant, cementing their match at Starrcade. The Giant would kick out of the legdrop and pin Hogan at Starrcade, potentially killing Hulkamania once and for all

Ivory: – Competed in the original World Women’s Championship tournament, but we haven’t seen a lot of her overall

Jamie Noble: – Jamie Noble originally got a break to join the Alliance when he upset Curt Hennig. Ever since he has joined up with Kid Kash in a quest to win the ECW World Tag Team Title. They’ve been close (including a 30 minute classic against champions AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn at Hardcore Heaven), but haven’t won the titles. Noble and Kash would defeat RVD and Sabu, and Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles to finally win their first ECW World Tag Team Title at Starrcade

Jazz: – Former World Women’s Champion was beaten by Victoria in the summer and has been trying to win back the title ever since

Jerry Lynn: – Jerry Lynn took a liking to AJ Styles after watching him on Worldwide, taking him under his wing. This resulted in them winning the ECW World Tag Team Titles at Barely Legal II. They dominated the ECW Tag Team division for most of the year until losing the titles to Rob Van Dam and Sabu at November to Remember. They failed to regain the titles at Starrcade as Jamie Noble and Kid Kash won the three-way dance

Juventud Guerrera: – The cruiserweight division got a big boost at SuperBrawl XII when Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera returned to WCW in a #1 Contender’s Match. Guerrera would lose that match but still be a top contender to the title thoughout the summer. He’d eventually form a trio with Psicosis and Essa Rios/Papi Chilo, but Chilo is out of the picture now

Kevin Nash: – Kevin Nash showed up at Slamboree as a member of the NWO, costing Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship. Nash and Scott Hall have been two of the faces of the NWO since, helping Triple H retain the WCW titles at all costs. He and Scott Hall managed to win the WCW World Tag Team Title before dropping it back to DDP and the Giant at Cyberslam. Total Impact would dominate the Wolfpac at Starrcade, leaving the state of NWO Wolfpac unknown

Kronik: – Clarke and Adams have broken away from Raven’s stable and now look to destroy Raven

Kid Kash: – Kid Kash and Jamie Noble originally got together to deal with R-Killa and Mark Henry and ever since have tried to win the ECW World Tag Team Title.. They’ve been close (including a 30 minute classic against champions AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn at Hardcore Heaven), but haven’t won the titles. Noble and Kash would defeat RVD and Sabu, and Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles to finally win their first ECW World Tag Team Title at Starrcade

Kurt Angle: – Angle won the WCW World Championship the night after Starrcade 2001, beating and crippling Ric Flair. After managing defenses against The Giant, Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Lance Storm, Angle would finally fall to Triple H at Slamboree thanks to the New World Order. Angle has essentially feuded with the New World Order since, which included beating Curt Hennig in a cage on Nitro. After a win against the NWO's Sean O’Haire at Halloween Havoc, Angle finds himself in position to win back the WCW Title at WrestleWar. He’s also had a bit of an adversarial issue with Booker T. Angle beat Booker T back at Starrcade 2001, but at Cyberslam 2002 the fans chose Booker unanimously to face Triple H for the WCW Title, something that seems to still bug Angle. Perhaps that doesn’t matter anymore as Angle would defeat Hulk Hogan to get his WCW World Title back at WrestleWar…but would drop it to Booker T at Starrcade. To get a rematch, it looks like he’ll have to defeat the man he beat for the WCW World Title the night after Starrcade 2002: Ric Flair

Lance Storm: – Storm formed a trio with Mike Awesome and Justin Credible called Total Impact and ran over the likes of Tommy Dreamer and Sandman for a few months before Kurt Angle gave him the match of a lifetime: a WCW World Title Match on Pay-Per-View at Uncensored. Storm wouldn’t win the title, and that led to an extended feud with Angle. Things changed when the NWO invaded ECW and Justin Credible turned his back on the team. Chris Candido would join the team and they’ve been feuding with the NWO and NWO allies ever since. After the Outsiders cost Lance Storm the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Total Impact laid out a challenge aimed to eradicate the core of the NWO: the Outsiders, once and for all. Total Impact would emerge victorious at Starrcade. He’ll face stablemates Mike Awesome and Chris Candido for a shot at the ECW World Championship

Legion of Doom: – Veteran legendary tag team has reappeared recently, going after former rivals Kronik (now Crush and Wrath)…which in turn has dragged them into the entire Raven’s Warriors situation. The LOD would help lead their team in a victory over Raven’s Warriors at Starrcade. Now, they perhaps look to win one last World Tag Team Title

Little Guido: – The leader of the Full-Blooded Italians. His group has taken payoffs for jobs…although they haven’t always went well. Had a shot at the Cruiserweight title at November to Remember, but didn’t walk away with gold.

Mick Foley: – Mick Foley returned to ECW to support his friend, Terry Funk. That led to a confrontation with ECW World Champion Brock Lesnar. With the blessing of Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, Cactus Jack returned to and faced Lesnar for the ECW World Championship at Barely Legal II, but came up short. Foley returned in the summer to become Stephanie McMahon’s ECW Commissioner, replacing General Manager Paul Heyman. He has seemed to be especially tough on the top bad guys on the brand, specifically Eddie Guerrero and Raven. At Starrcade, Raven would attack Mick Foley…and Foley would get hit with an inadvertent GORE from Rhyno in the ECW World Title match at Starrcade. After Rhyno’s loss, Rhyno would GORE down Mick Foley again

Mike Awesome: – Awesome formed a trio with Lance Storm and Justin Credible called Total Impact and ran over the likes of Tommy Dreamer and Sandman for a few months before battling Kurt Angle and the Eliminators. When the New World Order invaded ECW and Justin Credible turned on the group, Total Impact became fan favorites. Chris Candido would replace Credible and they would battle against NWO allies the FBI and the newly formed X-Factor. After the Outsiders cost him the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Total Impact laid out a challenge aimed to eradicate the core of the NWO: the Outsiders, once and for all. Total Impact would beat the Wolfpac at Starrcade. He’ll face stablemates Chris Candido and Lance Storm at Guilty as Charged for an ECW World Title shot

Molly Marvel: – The former Mighty Molly reinvented herself and was the inaugural World Women’s Champion. She would lose it to Jazz and has been trying to win it back ever since

Monty Brown: – Monty Brown is part of a trio with Elix Skipper and Shane Helms and recently just debuted to help them against William Regal, Dave Taylor, and Fit Finlay. Fun babyface trio. Due to Brown’s victory over Deacon Batista, Brown, Skipper, and Helms have a chance to win the WCW World Tag Team Title in a Six-Man Tag Team Match against the Archdiocese of Dudleyville. Unfortunately, the A.O.D. would retain the title at Starrcade

Nova: – Tonight was a bit of a serious turn for Nova, who had been part of the comical Blue World Order for most of the summer

Paul Heyman: – He started out as the General Manager for ECW until ECW Owner Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley fired him bias concerns. These concerns were due to Heyman managing Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, and C.W. Anderson at the same time. Heyman left ECW for WCW with Lesnar and remains his manager/agent.

The Phoenix: – Talented youngster who has mainly wrestled in Canada. Has had a few battles with rival La Felina in Alliance. Competed in the original World Women’s Championship tournament

Psicosis: – The cruiserweight division got a big boost at SuperBrawl XII when Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera returned to WCW in a #1 Contender’s Match. Psicosis would win the match and win the title the next night, but would then lose it to Rey Mysterio Jr. at Barely Legal II. He and Guerrera formed a trio with Essa Rios/Papi Chilo, although now he’s out of the picture

R-Killa: – Ron Killings debuted in early 2002 in ECW as R-Killa and quickly former a team with Mark Henry. Killa and Henry would shortly become ECW World Tag Team Champions and also instigated a feud with Harlem Heat, specifically Booker T. R-Killa and Booker T feuded throughout the summer, ultimately leading to a (real) Harlem Street Fight where Booker left R-Killa lying on the street at Anarchy Rulz. R-Killa would disappear until the night after Starrcade 2002, attacking the new WCW World Champion Booker, and stealing the title belt. He successfully goaded Booker T into a title match for Guilty As Charged

Raven: – Raven put together a group of “warriors” to help him fight a “war” against him that was coming. The first iteration of the group wasn’t much, but as of Anarchy Rulz (After a Buried Alive victory over Mortis) the new version of the warriors: Perry Saturn, Terri Runnels, Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck, Crush, Malice, and Wrath, have dominated ECW. Raven would win the ECW World Championship at Fall Brawl. Commissioner Mick Foley has tried to even the odds as Raven uses his warriors to interfere in matches and take out his enemies. He was pinned by Rey Mysterio Jr. on the RISE before November to Remember. Survived Rey’s challenge at November to Remember. Raven would survive Rhyno’s challenge for the ECW World Championship at Starrcade. His warriors are now divided…and now Raven must survive an Extreme Brawl at Guilty As Charged

Rene Dupree: – The 18 year old French phenom has been a heavy for Christian…and is completely smitten with Torrie Wilson

Rey Mysterio Jr.: – Returned to WCW/ECW at Barely Legal II when he defeated long time rival Psicosis to win the World Cruiserweight Championship. Has mostly wrestled on ECW shows, although he’s made some WCW appearances. He’s feuded with another long-time rival in Eddie Guerrero throughout the summer and beat Guerrero for his first open weight major singles championship: the ECW TV Title. Had two dream matches with Sabu, the second of which saw Sabu take the TV title at Cyberslam. Rey is set for his second ever shot at the ECW World Championship at November to Remember against Raven. His first was a loss in a valiant effort against Brock Lesnar at the Great American Bash. Unfortunately, he lost to Raven at N2R. Raven’s Warriors also cost him a chance at Tajiri’s Cruiserweight Championship as well

Rhyno: – Injured at the end of the InVasion storyline, Rhyno was the last ECW World Champion when ECW closed it doors in the beginning of 2001. Due to his neck injury, he was forced to relinquish the championship. On the inaugural episode of RISE in December of 2001, Rhyno showed up to give up the title…but said that he’d be back to “fucking kill” whomever the ECW World Champion is. Looks like Raven is the lucky man. Rhyno waved his right to sue ECW if he were to get injured again, opening the door to his victory in the Extreme Brawl on RISE to earn a shot at Raven’s title at Starrcade. Rhyno would fail in his attempt to win the title at Starrcade, accidentally GORING Mick Foley in the process. He seemingly blamed Mick too as he would hit him with another GORE afterwards. He gets another chance as part of the Extreme Brawl at Guilty As Charged

Ric Flair: – Flair won his 17th World Championship from Stone Cold at Starrcade 2001…but lost it the next night to Kurt Angle. Angle injured Flair’s ankle and it was thought we’d never see Flair again, until Flair appeared in a War Rumble. Flair just fell short of winning it too as he lost to Brock Lesnar. His return title match against Kurt Angle two nights later ended in DQ thanks to Eddie Guerrero. Flair would defeat Guerrero at Starrcade 2002, then challenge Kurt Angle for a match for Revenge

Rob Van Dam: – Rob Van Dam’s dream to finally win the ECW World Championship came true after a grueling nine month journey. After coming up short against Brock Lesnar at Starrcade 2001 for the vacant title, it took RVD until Anarchy Rulz to get a one-on-one rematch, this time in a Barbed Wire Steel Cage, to beat Lesnar and win the title. He added a TV title reign over the summer too. RVD is the only person to actually beat Brock Lesnar, and he did it twice (tag match at Slamboree and at Anarchy Rulz, both by pinfall). He has since dropped the ECW Title to Raven, but is a champion once again as he and Sabu knocked off Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles for the ECW tag straps at November to Remember. Just fell short at the WrestleWar’s Final Battle against Booker T. RVD and Sabu ended up dropping the ECW World Tag Team Titles in a Three-Way to Kid Kash and Jamie Noble. His attention has turned back to the ECW World Championship. He has a shot at it in the Extreme Brawl.

The Sandman: – ECW icon still showed up from time to time to thwart the bad guys in ECW like the Dudleys and the FBI. Was driven through a flaming table by Deacon Batista of the Archdiocese of Dudleyville at November to Remember

Sabu: – Sabu returned to ECW to help RVD in his battles with Brock Lesnar. He ended up clashing with RVD and even beat him at Barely Legal II. Bill Alfonso was able to reunite the two though and they’ve been allies ever since. Brock Lesnar defeated Sabu in a Barbed Wire ECW World Title match, and since then Sabu has primarily wrestled for the TV Title. Sabu had a couple of dream matches with Rey Mysterio Jr. which ultimately got Sabu the TV title, but he lost it to Tajiri at Fall Brawl. He and RVD regained the ECW Tag titles at November to Remember. RVD and Sabu ended up dropping the ECW World Tag Team Titles in a Three-Way to Kid Kash and Jamie Noble. Sabu finds himself with a chance at the ECW World Championship as part of the Extreme Brawl.

Scott Hall: – Scott Hall surprised everyone and showed up in the Barely Legal II ECW TV Title battle royal, although he failed to win the title. What was thought to be a cameo turned out to be a full blown return when he reformed the NWO and cost Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship at Slamboree. Hall and Nash added another WCW World Tag Team Championship to their resume over the summer as well, although they dropped the title back to DDP and Giant at Cyberslam. Total Impact would dominate the Wolfpac at Starrcade, leaving the state of NWO Wolfpac unknown

Scott Steiner: – Scott Steiner showed up in a War Rumble as a member of the New World Order, but he fell short of winning as he was eliminated by Booker T. It became more than a cameo eight nights later when he attacked Sean O’Haire to defend HHH and the NWO. Sean O’Haire got his revenge at Starrcade, easily defeating Steiner. With the status of the NWO’s future uncertain, Scott Steiner’s future is just as uncertain

Sean O’Haire: – Originally O’Haire teamed with partner Chuck Palumbo before turning to the New World Order. O’Haire has been positioned as the future of the NWO, but it’s not clear what that actually means with Triple H in charge. Previous interim WCW President Roddy Piper was a big fan of his, but O’Haire ultimately would powerbomb Piper through a table, taking him out. After losses to Kurt Angle and Booker T, as well as several mistakes trying to help Triple H, WCW owner Shane McMahon put together a match where O’Haire would face HHH with a #15 spot in a War Rumble going to the winner (and a #1 spot to the loser). In a shocking upset, O’Haire pinned HHH almost completely clean to win the match. HHH played him in the War Rumble though…but O’Haire got his revenge by not stopping Sting when Sting appeared two nights later and cost HHH a match against Booker T. O’Haire aligned himself with Booker T and Kurt Angle the next week, separating himself from the NWO for good. Sean O’Haire now has to deal with the man who replaced him in the NWO, Scott Steiner. O’Haire would defeat Steiner in minutes, but with HHH now banned from Alliance, how will he get his hands on him? O’Haire told Shane McMahon on Nitro he needs to figure that out

Shane Helms: – After some losses to Elix Skipper, he and Skipper joined forces to make an exciting tag team. Recently, Monty Brown joined them and they have their sights on the Archdiocese of Dudleyville. Thanks to Brown’s victory over Batista, the Six-Man Tag Team Match between these teams will take place at Starrcade and will be for the WCW World Tag Team Title. Unfortunately, the A.O.D. would retain the title at Starrcade

Shane McMahon: – WCW Owner who has clashed with Triple H, even losing a Last Man Standing Match to him back at Uncensored in April. Shane has been supporting WCW’s top contenders in defeating HHH for the WCW title, which happened at Halloween Havoc. With the NWO’s future likely in limbo with HHH’s loss at Starrcade, Shane McMahon will look to build a new future of WCW around new champion Booker T

Shawn Michaels: – Shawn Michaels joined his friends in the New World Order the night after Slamboree, helping Triple H wrest the faction from Hulk Hogan. HBK has been at ringside for many of HHH’s matches, causing trouble wherever he could. But things changed when Sting arrived at Halloween Havoc. Sting’s interference cost HHH not only the WCW World Title at Halloween Havoc, but again a month later in a #1 Contender’s Match against Booker T. Sting revealed that his target was Michaels. Shawn Michaels accepted the challenge and will face Sting in a Dream Match at Starrcade. In a 30-minute classic, HBK showed he still had what it took to be one of the top guys in the industry, but he ultimately fell to Sting at Starrcade

Shelton Benjamin: – Benjamin debuted as Brock Lesnar’s Mystery Partner back at SuperBrawl XII in Lesnar’s battle against Rob Van Dam and Sabu. Benjamin got some solid wins in his early ECW career, but it was clear he wasn’t a priority for Paul Heyman. Now in the post-Heyman ECW, Benjamin has made a point to take care of business for himself. This led to winning his first major championship, the ECW TV Title, at Halloween Havoc 2002. He faced off with his former friend and teammate Brock Lesnar at November to Remember, but failed to walk away with a victory. Benjamin helped lead his team to victory over Raven’s Warriors

Stephanie McMahon: – The owner of ECW realizes she’d never be accepted by ECW fans, so installed Mick Foley as ECW Commissioner and took a behind the scenes approach to running the company. Differences with Triple H led to their divorce over the summer

Stevie Ray: – Booker T’s brother and one-half of Harlem Heat. He’s aided his brother in battles against the likes of R-Killa, Brock Lesnar, and the New World Order. Most recently he was blasted over the head with a sledgehammer by Triple H…although he showed up to help his brother hold onto his title shot in a match with HHH. Celebrated with his brother after Booker T won the WCW World Championship at Starrcade

Sting: – After tormenting Triple H (and costing HHH the WCW World Title), it turns out Sting’s target was not HHH, but Shawn Michaels. Sting laid out the challenge to HBK for Starrcade, and on the 12/16 Nitro Shawn Michaels accepted, leading to the Dream Match. Sting proved he could beat Shawn Michaels when he did at Starrcade 2002

Stone Cold Steve Austin: – The first WCW World Champion of the Alliance Era has struggled ever since being crowned champion. After losing the title to Ric Flair at Starrcade 2001, Austin has battled the likes of Kurt Angle and Triple H in trying to regain the title, to no avail. Before he challenged Eddie Guerrero on RISE in November, Austin was last seen battling Triple H for the WCW World Title in a Triple Cage Match at the Great American Bash, a match he’d lose. Austin claimed that Guerrero has the fire he needs to get back to being Stone Cold, and Austin would defeat him at N2R. Austin would be eliminated by Brock Lesnar in a War Rumble, but Austin took exception to Lesnar’s post-elimination antics…and in turn cost him the Final Battle. Austin accepted a challenge from Lesnar for a match at Starrcade. Austin put up a hell of a fight, but Lesnar would beat Austin and leave Austin battered and beaten. Austin announced his retirement the next night…before Jeff Jarrett arrived and took him out with a guitar, seemingly causing a severe neck injury.

Super Crazy: – Cruiserweight Champion who has traded the title with Tajiri in the summer and has regularly defended the title, but lost it in a three-way at November to Remember against Tajiri and Little Guido

Tajiri: – Tajiri started off as a pawn for William Regal as Regal looked to break up Tajiri and his girlfriend Torrie Wilson. Tajiri would turn on Wilson though, leading to a sinister heel turn. He briefly would join the Sinister Minister is his feud against Raven, but would end up joining Raven too at Anarchy Rulz. Won the Cruiserweight title back at November to Remember, but dropped it to Ultimo Dragon at Starrcade. Tajiri, trying to protect friend Mikey Whipwreck, turned on Raven on RISE…only for Whipwreck to turn on him. Still, Tajiri gets a chance at the ECW World Championship as he is part of the Extreme Brawl.

Tazz: – Tazz started the Alliance era strong when he captured the US Title from Kurt Angle back in December 2001, but neck injuries slowed him down. An ECW World Title loss to Brock Lesnar at Uncensored 2002 began the fall, and Shelton Benjamin finished off his career at Barely Legal II. Tazz now works commentary with Joey Styles

Test: – The Alliance Era has been a mixed bag for Test. He started off as ECW Owner Shane McMahon’s bodyguard, but quickly was taken out by the Giant. Ever since he’s been in the middle of the card, recently losing matches to Billy Kidman. He did pick up a win against Meng

Tommy Dreamer: – ECW loyalist shows up from time to time to defend ECW and fend off rivals such as Raven and the Dudleys. Was driven through a flaming table by Deacon Batista of the Archdiocese of Dudleyville at November to Remember.

Triple H: – Recovering from a quadriceps tear, HHH was a special acquisition to the Alliance from Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and debuted at Starrcade 2001 with a win over Christian. After feuding with Steve Austin, HHH would win the WCW World Championship from Kurt Angle at Slamboree thanks to assistance from the original three of the New World Order. This was a trap though, as HHH, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Shawn Michaels would blindside Hulk Hogan the night after Starrcade and create a Green and Black version (which also led to a divorce with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley). HHH had fended off all challengers for his WCW Title (a list that included Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, Kurt Angle, Steve Austin in a Triple Cage Match, and Booker T). His NWO lost War Games though, and by extension HHH lost the title to Hogan at Halloween Havoc. HHH’s hold on the New World Order is in jeopardy as he was shockingly beaten by Sean O’Haire on Nitro. HHH fell short in the War Rumble, making it to the end but losing to Rob Van Dam. Two nights later HHH challenged Booker T for his WrestleWar title shot…but would lose after Sting reappeared. After learning Sting was after Shawn Michaels, HHH fired the last bullet in his gun, offering his WCW career in exchange for getting added to the WCW World Championship Match at Starrcade…a move that would cost him his Alliance career as he failed to win the match

Ultimo Dragon: – Ultimo Dragon has won a chance at Tajiri’s World Cruiserweight Championship at Starrcade, and converted that opportunity into a his first title reign in over four years

Victoria: – Victoria debuted alongside Daffney and ran through the Women’s division, quickly becoming World Women’s Champion. She’s been abusive of Daffney though when Daffney attempted to stop Victoria during post-match attacks, but Daffney stood up to her at Halloween Havoc. Victoria survived a surprisingly violent encounter with Daffney at November to Remember 2002 and again on RISE three days later. Months ago she destroyed La Felina and stole her mask…but Felina has returned as Gail Kim and the two women will face one another at Starrcade for the World Women’s Title. Kim would defeat Victoria…with a little help from Daffney

William Regal: – Former WCW commissioner had an on-and-off feud with Fit Finlay throughout the summer. He now teams with him and David Taylor to form a heel trio. Lost former protégé Tajiri to the Sinister Minister, and then to Raven

Upcoming Pay-Per-View

ECW/WCW Guilty as Charged 2003 – January 12, 2003

ECW World Championship: The Extreme Brawl (Elimination)

Raven © vs. Rhyno vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu vs. Tajiri

WCW World Championship
Booker T © vs. R-Killa

#1 Contender for the ECW World Championship
Chris Candido vs. Lance Storm vs. Mike Awesome

ECW World Tag Team Championship
Kid Kash and Jamie Noble © vs. AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn

WCW/ECW Revenge 2003 – February 2, 2003

#1 Contender for the WCW World Championship – Winner Gets a Shot at SuperBrawl XIII
Kurt Angle vs. Ric Flair

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Gonna try and start reading again so going in cold with this show and great stuff. Also you're amazing for the summary and info at the end

Stojy

Reaction score
DDP coming out and starting the show felt a bit underwhelming tbh. Thought we’d get Jarrett and co for sure, but at least DDP addressed them which improved the situation. As a matter of fact, this brought me around completely as the idea of DDP standing up for the locker room against Jarrett, using the NWO as an example of a previous group doing similar stuff, it was all good stuff that made sense. Bigelow was a shock interruption, and whilst I don’t mind the direction here, it just felt like they agreed to a match in no time. Maybe could have been fleshed out a little more, but in general, I like this.

Nice title defence from Ultimo Dragon here, and a clever bit of booking with La Parka’s chair coming back to bite him in the end.

Sit down interview from Booker T was very good. I was a big fan of the Killings promo on Rise, and I feel like Booker’s response in terms of what he actually said was good too. My only thing is maybe Booker could be a little more angry, considering Killings stole his title. Outside of that, Booker’s response and the comparison to himself ten years ago, and again with the racial undertones here, I thought was very well done. Good stuff.

LOD promo from The Dudleyz was solid enough. Enjoyed the line about being close to god for healing. Well played.

No issues with the Angle/Flair booking tonight with Flair having a match and Angle having his back to an extent. All well and good, solid stuff.

Dudleyz promo was short and sharp as well, but the funeral next week has the potential to be awesome. Looking forward to that one.

Giant/Brock and O’Haire promo came off a little awkward to me. The Giant/Brock stuff was good but O’Haire coming out to complain about Triple H getting away just felt kind of weird and out of place to me. It lead to the tag match feeling kind of forced so I wasn’t all in on this. I did like the aftermath though with Giant/Brock now happening, and Bischoff enticing O’Haire.

Wow, didn’t necessarily expect Skipper and Helms to get the win over the Guerreros but I do like the team. Wondering if this will cause issues between the Guerreros as well.

Part two of the Booker interview was obviously much shorter than part one, although I did like that finally Booker showed some fire. Shock attack from Killings is nice to add even more heat to his. Considering the relatively quick turnaround from Starrcade, utilising their history together, you’ve built this one really well.

Whoa, huge ending with the surprise title change. Bigelow beats Page with the No DQ and No Count out stipulation. Interesting that DDP basically made his own death bed here. Good match and love the impact Jarrett, and The Outlaws have made in just two weeks. Can’t wait to eventually hear from them, but for tonight, a very strong, surprise ending to the show.

Another solid episode here, enjoyed it as usual.