***BTB of the Month*** - WCW/ECW 2001 and Beyond - The Alliance Lives

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Note: I am coming from WC and debated how I was going to bring my Be the Booker over. This BTB begins in November (really December) of 2001, and I have written up through mid-May of 2002. I will likely post a week of shows a day until I catch-up to where I am in the BTB. For those who have read already, this is a good chance to be refreshed on what's taken place! For those who will be new readers, I hope you enjoy what you see!

032601.jpg

March 23, 2001 may go down as the most important day in North American professional wrestling history. World Championship Wrestling, at the time the 2nd biggest wrestling promotion in North America, shockingly had all its assets sold to the World Wrestling Federation. Vince McMahon wasted no time gloating on WWF RAW. He made one mistake though as he announced he would sign the final agreement that gave him ownership of WCW at Wrestlemania X7. Shane McMahon swooped in and famously said “the name on the contract does say ‘McMahon’, however it reads…’Shane McMahon’!

As it was the early days of the internet, fans all over the world didn’t get information about WCW’s future immediately. There were rumors that on May 6th, we’d see the first Pay-Per-View of the new WCW: Big Bang. But that date came and went before anything happened. A quick timeline of the next few months:​
  • May 28, 2001: Lance Storm shot the first bullet of the not yet named InVasion
  • June 4, 2001: The second man to shoot a shot for WCW was Hugh Morrus, when he attacked Edge
  • June 14, 2001: Shane McMahon brings out Miss Hancock, a.k.a. Stacy Keibler, which distracts Rhyno and costs him the WWF Hardcore Championship against Test.
  • Things took a much more exciting turn on June 18, 2001 when Diamond Dallas Page was revealed to be the stalker of The Undertaker’s wife. DDP received one of the loudest ovations in the history of WWF RAW. He said that he would see Undertaker at King of the Ring
  • At King of the Ring on June 24, 2001, WCW World Heavyweight Champion Booker T attacked WWF World Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin during the night’s main event
  • The next night on RAW during a rematch between Rhyno and Test, Mike Awesome would debut win the WWF Hardcore Championship
  • The same night, Booker T would attack again, this time the victim was Vince McMahon.
  • June 28, 2001: Goaded by Linda McMahon, Vince McMahon announces the InVasion for July 22, 2001
The next couple of weeks signaled a difference of direction for WCW. Part of the InVasion agreement was that there would be WCW matches on RAW and SMACKDOWN! over the next week. In the most important of those matches, on July 2, 2001 on RAW, The WCW World Champion Booker T and Buff Bagwell wrestled to a no-contest when Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kurt Angle ran in and attacked both guys. Bagwell at first tried to align himself with Austin and Angle, but eventually was beaten down so badly he wouldn’t be seen for the rest of the InVasion. Booker T put up a fight, but stood no chance. This undoubtedly led to Shane McMahon realizing two things. The first one was that he would likely need some reinforcements in this war with the WWF.

070901.jpg

On the July 9, 2001 episode of RAW, Kane and Chris Jericho went up against Lance Storm and Mike Awesome. During the match, Tommy Dreamer and Rob Van Dam, two guys who had no connections to WCW, ran-in from the crowd and attacked Kane and Jericho. A legion of “WWF” guys ran out to take out the invaders. Only those guys all had something in common. Tazz, Rhyno, Raven, Justin Credible and The Dudley Boyz all were legends of Extreme Championship Wrestling. “FEEL IT!” “FEEL THIS MOMENT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!” yelled Paul Heyman. There was one more catch, that the ECW organization itself had been bought by Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. The Alliance was born.

The second thing Shane McMahon realized was that he had a roster of few veterans but very little megastars. Booker T and DDP were strong sure, but he (and Stephanie) needed a true leader. Someone who had proven night after night that they could take on anyone in the WWF. And this problem was rectified at InVasion. During the Inaugural Brawl, a 10 Man Tag team war between Team WWF (Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane and Chris Jericho) and Team Alliance (Rhyno, DDP, Booker T and The Dudley Boyz), Stone Cold betrayed the WWF and cost Team WWF the match. His hatred of Vince McMahon outweighed his loyalty to the WWF.

For the next four months the InVasion took place.​
  • July 26, 2001: Kurt Angle wins the WCW World Championship from Booker T on Smackdown, but Booker T wins it back on RAW four nights later
  • On that same RAW, July 30, 2001, The Rock returns to the WWF. Shane and Stephanie’s plan to have Austin and Rock lead the Alliance goes badly as Rock chooses to align himself with the WWF
  • At Summerslam 2001, Stone Cold barely holds onto the WWF World Title as Kurt Angle survives three Stunners. The Rock beats Booker T for the WCW World Title
  • Kurt Angle overcomes Stone Cold in his hometown of Pittsburgh at Unforgiven, winning his 2nd WWF World Title
  • Stone Cold regains the WWF World Title when WWF Commissioner William Regal turns on Kurt Angle on the October 8th edition of RAW.
  • During the previous few months, several superstars jumped to the Alliance, including Christian, Test, Steven Richards and Ivory. Also, there were three notable injuries on the Alliance side. DDP suffered several injuries in a cage match at Summerslam against Undertaker and Kane that would sideline him throughout the rest of InVasion. Kanyon would tear his ACL at the end of October. Rhyno, who defected when ECW joined, injured his neck in a match with Kurt Angle on October 22, and would be out for an indefinite period.
rockangle.jpg

The night after No Mercy, Vince McMahon said that “he had it with this Alliance crap this InVasion crap” and challenged Shane and Stephanie to one final 5 on 5 Survivor Series match to determine whether the WWF stays or the Alliance stays. Vince McMahon put together a formidable team of The Rock, The Undertaker, Kane, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle…but was shocked on October 29th when Angle defected. Vince asked The Big Show to replace Angle in the match, but Show turned him down, stating that he’s got a big choice to make. Eventually, Vince would add himself to the match. On the Alliance side, Shane McMahon’s initial plan had come together. Thanks to Stephanie, he had ECW reinforcements such as Rob Van Dam. Booker T would still headline the original WCW side. Lastly, the two megastars that made WCW look bad back in July, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kurt Angle, were now the megastars leading the Alliance into one final battle.

survivorseries2001.jpg

RESULTS

WCW Cruiserweight Champion Billy Kidman (Alliance) pinned TAKA Michinoku (WWF)William Regal (Alliance) pinned Tajiri (WWF), w/Torrie Wilson, as a result Tajiri’s contract post-Survivor Series would be owned by RegalEdge (WWF) pinned WWF Intercontinental Champion Test (Alliance) to win the title…Cage Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz (Alliance) w/Stacy Keibler defeated WWF World Tag Team Champions The Hardy Boyz (WWF) to win the title…The Big Show (Undefined) won the Immunity Battle Royal, last eliminating Christian (Alliance), as a result Big Show cannot be fired by the winning side for one year…Five Pack Challenge for the Vacant WWF Women’s Championship: Trish Stratus (WWF) defeated Lita (WWF), Mighty Molly (Alliance), Jacqueline (WWF) and Ivory (Alliance) when she pinned Lita to win the title…Team WWF (WCW World Champion The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane and Vince McMahon) and Team Alliance (WWF World Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin, WCW United States Champion Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Booker T and Shane McMahon) fought to a no contest when WWF official Earl Hebner declared the WWF the winner and WCW official Nick Patrick declared Team Alliance the winner.

wta.png

Team WWF struck first when The Rock pinned Rob Van Dam after a Rock Bottom. In an ensuring brawl, Kurt Angle smashes Kane’s ankle with a chair against the ring post, and then, for the second time in a month, made the Big Red Machine submit to the ankle lock. Angle continued to dominate for the Alliance as he countered an Undertaker Last Ride attempt into a Triangle Choke. Undertaker fought out and tried a Triangle choke of his own, only for Angle to counter against into a jackknife pin to make it 4-3. Things got worse for team WWF as Rock and Jericho, who had been feuding over the WCW World Title, collided on the apron. Jericho responded by whacking Rock with a chair…and Booker rolled Jericho up right after for the 1-2-3. A battered Rock and Vince were left against Booker, Shane, Angle and Austin. Vince managed to move out of the way of a Coast to Coast from Shane, and a chairshot took him out. Booker T taunted Rock and looked to finish him off with a Book-End, but Rock countered to a Rock Bottom and evened things up. Vince and Rock vs. Austin and Angle. WWF official Earl Hebner was hit with an errant tackle from Angle, leading to WCW official Nick Patrick to take over. Rock nailed Austin with a chair and pinned Austin, but Patrick declared a disqualification, seemingly eliminating Rock. Vince would deck Patrick. The Rock caught Angle with the Rock Bottom, and Hebner made the count. Austin knocked out Rock, then dropped Vince right in the center of the ring with a stunner as Hebner made the count on the ensuing pinfall. Nick Patrick came to and declared Team Alliance the winner, pointing out that he had disqualified Rock earlier. Hebner ignored this, and Rock caught Austin with a Rock Bottom and People’s Elbow and, in Hebner’s mind, Team WWF won the match.

alliancewins.jpeg

The Next Night – RAW is WAR, November 19, 2001
With lawyers in the ring, Vince McMahon, Linda McMahon, Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, and Paul Heyman stood in the ring as they announced that The Alliance would be spun off into their own wrestling promotion, which was rumored back in May. Beginning December 3, 2001, TNN would now have four hours of wrestling in a row Monday Nights, as Nitro would return to cable TV from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM leading to RAW. In addition, UPN would be the home to an unnamed Thursday television show from 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM, after UPN’s SMACKDOWN! This show would begin December 6, 2001. Lastly, there will be a Saturday wrestling show of different importance each week. Most weeks will be Worldwide, but once in a while a Clash of Champions will take place as well. In December, it all leads up to the return of Starrcade on December 26, 2001, live on Pay-Per-View. The main event for that show will be announced on the return of Nitro. As for personnel, WWF competitors will mainly stay that way, with exceptions. Both organizations may use the developmental territories at their discretion.

logo.jpg

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
@Poltergeist is probably creaming his pants right now with this. :mark:

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
logo.jpg

Roster

Billy Kidman
WCW Cruiserweight Champion, defeating X-Pac on 10/9/01

Booker TFormer 5x WCW World Champion, competed for Team Alliance in the Winner-Take-All

Bubba Ray DudleyOne half of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, defeating The Hardy Boyz on 10/23/01 with D-Von Dudley. Relinquishing the WWF World Tag Team Championship won at Survivor Series

Chavo Guerrero Jr.Former WCW Cruiserweight Champion

ChristianJoined the Alliance to aid his is feud with Edge

Chuck PalumboEntered InVasion as one-half of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, has chosen the Alliance over a potential team with Billy Gunn

Diamond Dallas PageStill recovering from injuries suffered at the hands of Undertaker and Kane at Summerslam, but due back at any moment

D-Von Dudley - One half of the WCW World Tag Team Champions, defeating The Hardy Boyz on 10/23/01 with D-Von Dudley. Relinquishing the WWF World Tag Team Championship won at Survivor Series

Hugh MorrusWCW veteran

IvoryTurned on the WWF during InVasion

Justin CredibleFormer ECW World Champion was a loyal Alliance soldier during the InVasion

KanyonSuffered a Torn ACL in October

Kurt AngleReigning WCW United States Champion, defeating (and injuring) Rhyno on 10/22/01. Turned on the WWF after falling to Stone Cold

Lance StormWCW/ECW veteran held the WWF Intercontinental Championship during InVasion too

Mighty MollyThe Hurricane’s trusty sidekick

Mike AwesomeKnown for betraying ECW by signing a WCW contract, was the first Alliance competitor to win a WWF title (Hardcore)

Paul HeymanFormer ECW Owner, now the General Manager of Extreme Championship Wrestling

RavenFormer ECW World and WCW United States Champion who revolutionized the WWF Hardcore Division

RhynoHad an amazing run in the InVasion until suffering a neck injury against Kurt Angle in October. Was the last ECW World Champion

Rob Van DamBreakout star for the Alliance during InVasion. Former ECW World Television Champion for 22 months (a title he never lost in the ring)

Sean O’Haire - Entered InVasion as one-half of the WCW World Tag Team Champions with Chuck Palumbo

Shane McMahonOwner of World Championship Wrestling

Shawn StasiakAlliance member with previous WWF experience

Spike DudleyLooked to be joining the WWF to be with then-girlfriend Molly Holly, ultimately decided he had a better outlook with ECW

Stacy KeiblerThe former Miss Hancock now reigns as the Dutchess of Dudleyville

Stephanie McMahon-HelmsleyOwner of Extreme Championship Wrestling

Steven RichardsBrought in Kronik to get revenge on Undertaker and Kane for destroying Right to Censor

Stone Cold Steve AustinAs of the InVasion PPV, the leader of the Alliance. Will relinquish the WWF Championship

TajiriLost to William Regal at Survivor Series, forcing him to keep his contract with Regal, who brought him to the WWF

TestDefected to the Alliance when he felt that WWF members didn’t trust him

The HurricaneThe former Sugar Shane Helms has delved into a superhero persona with sidekick Mighty Molly

Tommy DreamerWhen ECW is involved, Tommy Dreamer will be there

Torrie WilsonDefected to the WWF when she began a relationship with Tajiri, but due to Tajiri’s loss at Survivor Series will be with the Alliance

William RegalWas WWF Commissioner until he cost Kurt Angle the WWF Championship on 10/8/01. Is now Alliance Commissioner

Calendar

December 3, 2001 (Monday)
Monday Night Nitro
December 6, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
December 8, 2001 (Saturday) – Worldwide
December 10, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro
December 13, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
December 15, 2001 (Saturday)Worldwide
December 17, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro
December 20, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
December 22, 2001 (Saturday) Unnamed Saturday Show
December 24, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro
December 27, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
December 29, 2001 (Saturday) Starrcade Preview Show
December 30, 2001 (Sunday)Starrcade 2001 (Pay-Per-View)
December 31, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro

January 3, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
January 5, 2001 (Saturday) – Worldwide
January 7, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro
January 10, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
January 12, 2001 (Saturday) – Worldwide
January 14, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro
January 17, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
January 19, 2001 (Saturday) Unnamed Saturday Show
January 21, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro
January 24, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show
January 26, 2001 (Saturday) Souled Out Preview Show
January 27, 2001 (Sunday)Souled Out (Pay-Pre-View)
January 28, 2001 (Monday)Monday Night Nitro
January 31, 2001 (Thursday)Unnamed Second Weekly Show

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:proud RDT welcome

Reactions: RDT

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
WCWNitro.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
December 3, 2001
First Union Spectrum
Philadelphia, PA

A rabid crowd in Philadelphia is going crazy as Monday Night Nitro returns to worldwide cable television! Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and Paul Heyman stand in the ring, with the Big Gold Belt, the WCW World Championship incased in glass in the center.

Shane McMahon: “Welcome to the beginning of the NEW World Championship Wrestling! You are all witnesses to a new era of professional wrestling not only in the United States, but all around the world. My sister and I put everything on the line to step out of the shadow of our father. Standing here today, co-owners of the Alliance, myself the owner of all things WCW and my sister ECW, I think we did a damn leap out of that man’s shadow!”

“And when I’m talking new WCW, I mean it! I’m talking about Booker T. I’m talking about the new cruiserweight division! Kurt Angle! Stone Cold Steve Austin! These are the guys that made all of this happen at Survivor Series. But it’s not just the WCW of things that you should all be excited about. We’re in Philadelphia. You know what I’m talking about!”

“ECW! ECW! ECW!” The rabid crowd goes wild as they know what Shane’s talking about, but they boo a bit when Stephanie grabs the mic.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley: “I’d like to my brother Shane for inspiring me to purchase ECW and creating this Alliance to ensure that our father didn’t monopolize the business. One thing that I promise all ECW fans will get is opportunity. Not only opportunities for competitors like Rob Van Dam, but opportunity for Extreme Championship Wrestling to thrive. And the way we’ll kick things off, every Thursday Night, 10:00 PM EST, is with a weekly worldwide television show. ECW: RISE! One thing I am very grateful for is that Paul Heyman will continue to work with myself and ECW as General Manager and Director of Talent.”

Paul Heyman: “Thank you very much Stephanie. AND THAT’S RIGHT PHILADELPHIA! ECW WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT! Now, to get a little plug in on Nitro before we send it back to Shane. This Thursday Night, we will discuss the state of the ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! It will be the most can’t miss hour of television every week! And you can be damn sure I’m going do what I can to make it better than this show!”

Shane: “Really Paul, you’re going to start with that?”

Paul: “Sorry, you know, I just get excited!”

Shane: "But on that point, despite what Paul just said, this is not a competition. If Rob Van Dam and Steve Austin and The Dudley Boyz want to wrestle on Nitro and RISE, they’re free to. Opportunities will be endless for all competitors and all fans. This is an Alliance.”

Stephanie and Paul: “That’s right!”

McMahon-Helmsley and Heyman both leave, as Shane still has WCW matters to address…

Shane McMahon: “Now, we got a few things to address before we kick this show off. Scott Hudson is our voice of Nitro. And I’d like to introduce his partner in the booth…give it up for DDP, DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE!"

BANG! DDP appears under the video screen and walks over to the announcer desk (up near the top of the ramp, not near the ring like the WWF). He gets set with Hudson before Shane continues.

Shane McMahon: “In this ring is what I feel is the prestigious wrestling championship in the history of all of wrestling. Since 1905 this championship has been defended all around the world. And tonight, not only will a very deserving individual be awarded this championship for his performance at Survivor Series as well as throughout the InVasion, but we will also determine who the #1 contender and opponent will be at The Grandaddy Of Em’ All, Starrcade 2001! So, with no point to delay, I introduce to you the NEW WCW WORLD CHAMPION…STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!"

Stone Cold Steve Austin comes down to the ring, and despite the fact that he was arguably the most hated man in wrestling throughout 2001, the fans can’t help but pop when that glass shatters!

Stone Cold takes a good hard look at Shane. Shane takes the WCW Title out of the glass case, and Austin grabs it immediately before posing in the corner with it raised above his head. He comes back and stands face to face with Shane.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “I’d like to say, that I accept your decision to award me of the WCW World Championship. If you keep making decisions like that son, you and I are going to get along a lot better than I did with your old man. So let’s get right to the point. Starrcade. Stone Cold once again headlines a major Pay-Per-View event. So who ya got for me Shane. Who’s ass am I gonna whip at Starrcade?”

Shane McMahon: “Well Steve, we’re going to make that announcement at the end of the show…”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “What?”

Shane McMahon: “Well, at…”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “What?...Are you already looking to disrespect me?...New WCW World Champion…leader of the Alliance…What?”

Shane McMahon: “Calm dow…”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “Shut up. What’s the problem? Don’t know who it’s gonna be? Is it gonna be Booker T?...What?...Rob Van Dam?...What?...Kurt Angle?...What?...Test?...What?...Lance Storm?...What?...Christian?...What?...William Regal?...What?...Tajiri?...What?...Kidman?...What? What? What? What?”

Shane tries to speak again, but…

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “Shut up! Let me get something straight between you and me. You heard what I said about you and me not being me and your old man. So this is what you’re going to do tonight. I’m going to come down to the ring at the end of the show, and you’re gonna bring out whoever the number one contender is. And the first Nitro is going to end with me putting him on his ass! And If you get in the way, I’ll whip your ass too. And that’s the bottom line…WHAT?...Cause Stone Cold Said So!"

::COMMERCIAL BREAK::

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Billy Kidman © vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Kidman and Chavo lock-up, but we get an early clean break. Another lock-up…and another clean break…until Chavo pie-faces Kidman. Kidman swings with a clothesline and Chavo ducks and goes for a belly to back suplex. Kidman lands on his feet and knocks Chavo down with a dropkick. Another dropkick from Kidman! Kidman comes off the ropes and gets a flying headscissors and Chavo retreats to the outside. Kidman keeps the pace though and flies over the top rope and hits a bodypress! Kidman rolls Chavo back in and comes over the top rope again hitting a legdrop. Cover, 1…2…Chavo kicks out. Chavo reverses an Irish whip into the corner, but Kidman avoids Chavo coming in by using the turnbuckles to leap over Chavo. Kidman tries an elbow smash into the corner himself, but Chavo ducks away this time.

Springboard bulldog by Chavo stops Kidman in his tracks. Chavo stomps away at Kidman in the corner, then chops away. Kidman reverses this Irish whip this time, causing Chavo to slam face first into the corner. Kidman takes down Chavo with a clothesline. Kidman goes for a backdrop, but Chavo stops and kicks Kidman in the head. Chavo then picks Kidman up over his head and locks him into the Gory Guerrero Special! Kidman refuses to give up and as a result Chavo lets go of the hold and plants Kidman face first! A cover from Chavo, 1…2…Kidman just kicks out to Chavo’s shock! Chavo starts to wear Kidman down, locking him into a chinlock. Kidman fights his way out, getting a jaw breaker. Kidman comes off the ropes, but Chavo gets him with a European uppercut. Chavo comes off the ropes and Kidman takes him out with a Sky High!

Kidman whips Chavo off the ropes, but Chavo holds on to them. Kidman runs at him but gets backdropped over the top! Chavo follows him to the outside and whips him into the barricade. Chavo continues to dominate the match now, bring it back into the ring and stomping Kidman all around the ring. Chavo looks to go for a German suplex, but Kidman counters into his own waistlock and hit an atomic drop! Kidman follows with a double springboard bulldog of his own and goes for the cover, 1…2…Chavo just kicks out! Chavo surprises Kidman with a double underhook suplex. He goes to finish Kidman off with a powerbomb, but Kidman counters with a facebuster! Kidman covers, 1…2…Chavo just gets the shoulder up! Chavo retreats to the corner and Kidman charges, only for Chavo to move out of the way. Kidman hits hard and goes down, and Chavo pins with his feet on the ropes…1…2…3…but no, the referee saw Chavo’s feet on the ropes! Chavo celebrates like he’s just won the title. He celebrates on the second rope, demanding the title, and Kidman powerbombs him off! Kidman heads up top…Shooting Star Press! 1…2…3!

Winner: Billy Kidman pins via pinfall in 12:01 (Retains)

Shane McMahon
is in his office talking to a production member when Kurt Angle walks in. After a quick hug, Angle makes his case.

Kurt Angle: “So what’s the deal with the number contender slot. It’s me right. I mean, who else could it realistically be really?”

Shane McMahon: “It’s being handled and it’ll be announced later Kurt.”

Kurt Angle: “It’s being handled? Look, you can praise Steve Austin all you want about his leadership during InVasion and all. But let’s not forget I was the one who changed sides when the Alliance needed it. So don’t treat me like I’m second class here. Let’s not forget six months ago I threw you right through the damn set.”

Shane gets in Kurt’s face, and it looks like the two are going to come to blows…

Kurt Angle: “You better make the right choice tonight.”

The WCW World Tag Team Champions the Dudley Boyz with Stacy Keibler make their way down to the ring. An “ECW” chant breaks out.

Bubba Ray Dudley: “At Survivor Series me and my brother D-Von proved once again we are the best damn tag team in the damn world. We dominated ECW and we dominated the WWF when everyone said we didn’t stand a chance. So here’s how this is going to go. We’re going to come out here and challenge the best WCW has to offer and we’ll put these WCW World Tag Team Championships on the line! We plan to kick anyone’s ass who dares to accept this challenge!”

The Dudleyz wait a few seconds before their half-brother Spike makes his way down to the ring.

Spike Dudley: “You know the reason I came to the WCW/ECW Alliance side after Survivor Series is because I’m sick of the Dudley name being associated with pushing people around and bullying. No one knows what that’s like more than me.”

Bubba Ray Dudley: “Spike, nothing makes us happier than kicking the living hell out of our little brother.”

Spike slowly makes his way down to the ring…and then he’s joined by Tommy Dreamer! Dreamer and Spike run into the ring.

WCW World Tag Team Championship
The Dudley Boyz © vs. Spike Dudley and Tommy Dreamer

All four men brawl in the ring before D-Von and Dreamer spill to the outside. Spike punches away at Bubba, but when he comes off the ropes Bubba gets him with a sky high back body drop. D-Von sends Dreamer into the ring steps and then tags in. The Dudleyz pound away on Spike before tossing him halfway across the ring. D-Von punches away at Spike in the corner. Spike tries to fight back but D-Von cuts him off with more hard rights. D-Von tags Bubba back and Bubba plants Spike with a Bubba Bomb! Bubba heads to the second rope and comes flying down with a senton, but Spike rolls out of the way and makes the tag to Dreamer! Dreamer nails Bubba with some right hands, then knocks D-Von off the apron. Stacy gets up on the apron to try to distract Dreamer with her assets, but Dreamer grabs her by the hair. Before he can do anything though, D-Von runs in and smacks Dreamer in the back with a chair, drawing the DQ.

Spike attacks D-Von, trying to get him to drop the chair, but Bubba takes him out. D-Von sends Spike off the ropes and they plant him with the Dudley Death Drop. Dreamer takes the chair and is swinging all over the place as the Dudleyz high tail it out of there.

Winners: Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley via DQ in 4:09 (Dudleyz Retain)

Shane McMahon
is in his office watching Nitro when he’s interrupted by Booker T. Shane seems a little relieved as compared to earlier. The both share a laugh and a hug before getting to business.

Shane McMahon: “What can I help you out with Book?”

Booker T: “I’m here for the reason you’re expecting. I want Austin and I want him at Starrcade so I can get back my WCW World Title and become the SIX-TIME…SIX-TIME…SIX-TIME WCW Champion!”

Shane McMahon: “Look Booker you were instrumental in getting this whole thing going and I got you. I promise I’ll take care of you. Right now, tonight, I just gotta to this in this way.”

Booker T: “Oh so that’s how it’s gonna be. That’s fine Shane. I’ll tell you one thing. You pick that punk Kurt Angle for this we gonna have a problem. Not only am I going to take back my US Title from Kurt, but last time I fought Angle in that ring I won the WCW Title from him. Don’t forget that and don’t forget who helped you get to this point.”

Shane McMahon
is back in his office with WCW Commissioner William Regal, seemingly lamenting tonight’s announcement, mentioning that “both of them aren’t going to like it”. Test walks in, and Shane sends Regal off for the upcoming match.

Shane McMahon: “If you’re looking for the Starrcade title shot…”

Test: “Shane, you got me all wrong. I watched tonight and saw Steve Austin trying to intimidate you and then Kurt Angle did the same thing and then Booker too. So I had a thought. You remember how I broke in? You remember what you’re old man used to do? He had back-up. He had someone watching his back. All personals aside Shane, I’m that guy. I’ll walk you to the ring tonight and anytime anyone gets in your face I’m on it.”

Shane and Test shake on it, and Shane starts to explain to Test what’s going on tonight…

Tajiri w/William Regal and Torrie Wilson vs. The Hurricane w/Mighty Molly

Regal sends Torrie to sit down as Tajiri tries to argue with Regal.
Hurricane takes advantage by taking Tajiri down with a clothesline. Tajiri backs into the corner, and Hurricane follows up with a 10 punch, only for Tajiri to escape under Hurricane’s legs. Hurricane tries another clothesline but misses, and Tajiri hits him square in the face with a karate kick. Tajiri lands a few more kicks before setting Hurricane up in the tree-of-woe. Tajiri comes flying across the ring with a dropkick right to Hurricane’s face. Tajiri continues to stomp away on Hurricane while Regal scolds Torrie for not cheering Tajiri on enough. Tajiri notices though and tries to tell Regal to leave Torrie alone, and Hurricane uses this to hit Tajiri with a tornado DDT! 1…2…Tajiri kicks out. Hurricane sends Tajiri into the corner and then hits a neckbreaker. Another cover, 1…2…Tajiri just kicks out. Hurricane lands some more shots, then sends Tajiri into the ropes. Tajiri handsprings off the ropes and hits Hurricane with a flying elbow. Mighty Molly gets up on the apron, to which Regal tries to pull her off the apron. Tajiri heads to the outside to see what’s going on. He tries to separate Molly and Regal, but Hurricane takes him out with a flying bodypress over the top! Hurricane gets in Regal’s face. Tajiri comes to and spits the Green Mist…only Hurricane ducks and Tajiri nails Regal! Hurricane gets back in the ring (with Molly) and Tajiri is counted out.

Hurricane and Molly celebrate the win while Regal yells at both Tajiri and Torrie.

Winner: The Hurricane via countout in 6:02

Scott Hudson
lets us know that during the break, argument broke out in the locker room with Regal and Tajiri, but that Shane McMahon was on the scene.

William Regal: “Listen you miserable toerack! Look at what you bloody did! Look at my face! I let you keep that wrench and this is how you repay me…”

Shane McMahon (with Test) walks in to stop Regal…

Shane McMahon: “Stop, stop with all of this. Look, I get you got all that green junk in your face right now and yeah, Tajiri, you probably could aim a little better. The way I see all of you are an important part of the new WCW and probably my sister’s ECW too. I don’t know the whole deal here but I know Tajiri, Torrie, I know you both didn’t want to be here. But I’m going be straight with the both of you. I see international stardom for you Tajiri and I want to help you get there. And Torrie, Torrie, I think we all know that you’re a major part in WCW’s plans…”

Test takes a look at Torrie, who looks disgusted as she notices…

Shane McMahon: “…Regal, whatever the person beef is here, let’s get past it. Tonight’s match was ruined because of this mess and that’s completely unacceptable. Now I need to take care of tonight’s big business.”

Regal nods as Shane and Test head out. DDP on commentary mentions that he may have use for a new Diamond Doll.

Kurt Angle and Christian
vs. Rob Van Dam and Booker T

The Philly crowd goes wild for RVD. RVD gets right in Angle’s face with his taunt, and Angle punches him to get things going. Angle fires away at RVD in the corner. RVD reverses the Irish whip and then monkey flips Angle out of the corner! Angle retreats to the corner and Christian gets the tag. Lockup turns into a Christian headlock. Christian sends RVD off the ropes but misses the clothesline, and RVD gets him with a side jump kick. Dropkick takes Christian down once again. RVD sends Christian over the top rope with a clothesline as the crowd literally hangs on every move he makes. Christian tries to get back in, but RVD hits him with a baseball slide! Christian stumbles back in as RVD takes in Booker T to take over. Booker chops away at Christian. He sends Christian off the topes and hits a flapjack! Booker pops up with a Spin-a-rooni…and Angle illegally runs in and knocks Booker down to the canvas. Referee tries to get Angle back into his corner…and Christian uses that to lowblow Booker.

Christian tags in Angle and Angle wastes no time going to work on Booker. Booker manages a counter and Irish whips Angle into the corner, but Angle explodes out with a big clothesline. Double leg takedown from Angle…and he tries to transpose into the Ankle Lock, but Booker gets to the ropes. Angle goes out of his way to knock RVD off the apron, drawing boos there. Booker manages to get some shots in, but Angle ducks a clothesline and hits a German suplex. “You watching Shane?!” yells Angle. Angle tags Christian back in and Christian stomps away on Booker. Booker tries to crawl over to RVD, but Christian cuts off half of the ring with a front facelock. Christian stomps on Booker some more and then sets him up for the Unprettier…but Booker backdrops Christian over his head. Christian lands on his feet, and Booker runs right into a dropkick. Christian does the RVD taught to RVD before tagging Angle back in.

Angle sets Booker up for the Angle Slam, but Booker escapes and gets a back kick that knocks Angle down. Booker goes down as well. Angle tries to grab onto the ankle, but Booker kicks him off and makes the tag to RVD! Clothesline knocks Angle down! Christian runs in and gets a kick to the face as a result. Angle catches a RVD kick, but RVD recounters with an enzugiri! Christian tags himself in and runs at RVD, but RVD backdrops him over the top rope! RVD goes out to the apron and goes for a moonsault, but Christian moves out of the way. RVD lands on his feet, but Angle comes from behind and hits RVD with a chopblock. Christian slams RVD into the barricade and then slides back into he ring and asks the referee to get on the count. RVD crawls back in and Christian chokes RVD on the ropes. Christian hooks RVD by the head and hits a reverse DDT onto the knee. A cover, 1…2…RVD kicks out.

RVD pops up and nails Christian with a jump kick. He comes off the ropes and hits Rolling Thunder! A cover, 1…2…Angle breaks up the pin. RVD spin kicks Christian back down and then heads to the top rope. Five Star Frog Splash…misses as Christian moves out of the way. Christian and RVD each head to partners…and Christian makes the tag and RVD does as well. Booker this time punches and chops away at Angle. Booker gets a Harlem sidekick. He kicks Angle and comes off the ropes but the Scissors Kick, but Angle quickly counters and catches Booker’s leg for the Ankle Lock! Booker rolls through it and Angle comes off the ropes, and Booker gets a Book-End! 1…2…3!

Angle is irate as Booker celebrates a huge victory with RVD! Interestingly, when Booker and RVD head up the ramp, DDP makes sure to go out of his way to congratulate them.

Winners: Booker T and Rob Van Dam when Booker pinned Angle in 15:37

WCW World Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin
makes his way down to the ring. He grabs a mic and stands in the corner.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “I’ve been waiting all night so let’s get this damn show on the road. Shane McMahon get your ass out here now and let me know who’s going to get their ass whipped at Starrcade!

Shane McMahon and Test make their way to the ring. Shane doesn’t get the first word though…

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “You’ve got everyone waiting all night for an answer. And don’t tell me it’s gonna be this mealy mouth bastard Test. I might as well whip his ass right now and take Starrcade off.”

Test gets in Austin’s face, and Shane tells him to back off. But once again before Shane can say a word, Austin cuts him off.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “God damn it son make the damn announcement. I’m tired of….”

Austin quickly shuts up as “Dawn” from “Also Sprach Zarathustra” plays over the arena speakers! That can only mean one thing…Ric Flair appears and makes his way down to the ring.

Shane McMahon: Stone Cold, your opponent and the number one contender for the WCW World Championship is THE NATURE BOY…RIC…FLAIR!”

Austin’s jaw is wide open as Flair gets right up to his face He let’s out an audible “woo” as the first Nitro of this new era comes off the air!

::END SHOW::

Quick Results

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Billy Kidman pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. to retain the title

WCW World Tag Team Championship
Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley defeated The Dudley Boyz by DQ (Dudley Boyz retain the title)

The Hurricane defeated Tajiri by countout

Booker T and Rob Van Dam defeated Christian and Kurt Angle when Booker pinned Angle

Champions

WCW World Champion

Stone Cold Steve Austin (Awarded on 12-3-01)

ECW World Champion
Rhyno (Defeated The Sandman on 1-7-01)

WCW United States Champion
Kurt Angle (Defeated Rhyno on 10-22-01)

WCW World Tag Team Champions
The Dudley Boyz (Defeated The Hardy Boyz on 10-26-01)

WCW Cruiserweight Champion
Billy Kidman (Defeated X-Pac on 10-9-01)

Roster Updates

Scott Hudson
- Despite being employed by WCW since 1995, Hudson is more known for being one of the voices of WCW during it's downfall. With that being said, this has led to him being a tad underrated. He'll be announcing the WCW shows...for now..

Ric Flair - The 14 Time NWA/WCW World Champion and 2 Time WWF World Champion decided to take InVasion off to see what the wrestling landscape looked like once that war was settled. At 52 years old he still may be the best wrestler in the world, and with the time off it looks like he may have one last big run in him.

Gambit

Reaction score
Interesting seeing DDP put in the booth. I’m curious if he’ll pull a Tazz and wrestle periodically. I’m not too sure about the choice of not having Rock being the WCW champ still since he held it at that point, but I’m curious to see where this goes. Ric Flair vs Austin will be spectacle indeed

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Excited to see this, you don't really see many timelines for how WCW would fare in a post-IRL Invasion

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

customRISE-e1636696216327.jpg

ECW RISE
December 6, 2001
ECW Arena
Philadelphia, PA

Earlier today, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley was speaking to Paul Heyman outside of the ECW Arena. She tells Paul that it’s his night, and that he’s in full control…and lastly, not to mess things up.

The show kicks off with a rabid crowd chanting “ECW! ECW! ECW!” The voice of ECW, Joey Styles is in the ring.

Joey Styles: “Hello everyone I’m Joey Styles! And I am here to welcome you all to the RISE OF EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING! For those of you tuning in for the first time you are in for a wild ride. And if you’re one of our long-term loyal fans we thank you and promise we won’t let you down!”

The theme of ECW plays as Paul Heyman comes down to the ring. A “thank you Paul” chant breaks out, and Heyman spends a good thirty seconds basking in them.

Joey Styles: “It’s good to see you boss!”

Paul Heyman: “I’m not here to waste anyone’s time. We have business to take care of. We need to reestablish the most important and prestigious championship in professional wrestling today, the ECW World Heavyweight Championship! At this time I introduce to you the current ECW World Heavyweight Champion..RHYNO!”

Rhyno slowly makes his way to the ring, carrying the ECW World Championship. Rhyno just had neck surgery about 3-4 weeks ago, and he doesn’t look happy to be here.

Paul Heyman: “I want to thank you, Rhyno, for your performance during the InVasion. Without your efforts…”

Rhyno: “How about you shut the fuck up Paul! I know what you want. I know what you’re about to do. You want me to give this to you right? Well why the fuck should I?”

Paul Heyman: “As much as I respect your toughness, but you don’t have medical clearance to compete won’t for some time. We need a fighting ECW Champion…”

Rhyno: “Since when do you give a fuck about medical clearance? Let me guess, it’s because of that skirt you have to answer to now right?! Fine. I’ll be back. Just know that six months, twelve months, whatever it is, whoever holds this title, whoever it is, I’m going to fucking kill him!”

Rhyno throws the ECW Title at Heyman before walking off. Heyman looks a bit taken aback, but then continues with the ECW World Title in his possession.

Paul Heyman: “At Starrcade, we will have an ECW World Championship match. We’ll determine half of the equation next week on RISE. But the other half of that equation will be determined TONIGHT! Tonight, for a spot at Starrcade, we will have the greatest and longest reigning ECW World Television Champion Rob Van Dam face of with perhaps his greatest rival…former ECW World Heavyweight ChampionJerry Lynn!”

Joey Styles:
“I must tell you all it is great to be back here at the ECW Arena. I never thought I’d say this but I was watching Nitro on Monday and I for one am not willing to tolerate The Dudley Boyz bullying the likes of Spike Dudley and Tommy Dreamer again. We have Spike here in action against perhaps the greatest athlete to ever step foot in an ECW ring…Lance Storm..and…is that Dawn Marie?!

Spike Dudley vs. Lance Storm (w /Dawn Marie)

The ECW crowd seeing Dawn Marie basically makes Lance Storm the face here. Spike seems distracted himself, and yells at Dawn to get out of the ring. Storm takes advantage and hits Spike in the back of the head with a springboard dropkick! Storm stomps away. Storm sends Spike into the corner and follows up with a cartwheel into a clothesline. Lance wraps Spike’s own arms around his throat and applies pressure. Spike fights his way out and ducks the clothesline. Spike low bridges Storm and goes for the Dudley Dog…but Storm turns that into a beautiful high angle back suplex! Storm stops to play to the crowd, then asks Dawn Marie to come up on the apron as well. Spike dropkicks Storm into Dawn and she goes flying off the apron! Spike rolls Storm up, 1…2…Storm kicks out. Spike whips Storm off the ropes and goes for a backdrop, but Storm counters and sets up the powerbomb. Spike turns that into a frankensteiner and hooks the leg, 1…2…Storm kicks out…and Justin Credible is waiting there and smacks Spike with a kendo stick! Storm covers Spike up, 1…2…3!

Winner: Lance Storm via pinfall in 4:02

Storm
checks on Dawn Marie while Credible beats Spike down with the kendo stick. The ECW faithful roars through when Tommy Dreamer runs out to save. Dreamer fights off Storm and Credible when Mike Awesome shows up and attacks from behind with a chair! Storm and Credible set up a table on the outside and Awesome sets Dreamer up…and Awesome Bombs him over the top rope through it! Lance Storm grabs a mic.

Lance Storm: “We’re not players anymore. From now on anything and everything will be done with complete and Total Impact. Do not stand in our way!”

We come back to see Dreamer and Spike being helped back, with Dreamer saying “the more things change the more they stay the same.”

Joey Styles: “Is this really what we’re coming back to? I think I’ve had enough of the past four years of the Dudleyz and Lance Storm, Justin Credible and Mike Awesome beating the hell out of whomever they wanted with no repercussions. Now what the hell is going on? Is that Shawn Stasiak? Does he know where he is? Why’s he in an ECW ring? This isn’t exactly the change I was looking for.”

Stasiak works out around the ring and the fans start to shit on him…but an opponent arrives that gets another huge ovation…

Shawn Stasiak vs. Raven

Raven sits in the corner and allows Stasiak to keep moving around the ring. A moment that Stasiak has his back turned, Raven attacks. He quickly turns Stasiak around and plants him with the Evenflow DDT! Raven kneels on Stasiak, 1…2…3! Raven leaves just as quickly as he walked in.

Winner: Raven via pinfall in 0:22

The WCW World Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz come down to the ring sans Stacy Keibler. They shove Stasiak out of the ring. A “we want Stacy” chant breaks out.

Bubba Ray Dudley: “You Philadelphia pieces of trash need to buy tickets to Nitro if you want to get off seeing the Dutchess of Dudleyville! Like hell are we bringing her anywhere near this shithole!”

D-Von Dudley: “Monday night, Spike forgot the three commandments. Number one, thou shalt not steal. Number two, thou shalt not kill. And number three, the most important one of all, thou shalt not mess with the Dudley Boyz!”

Bubba Ray Dudley: “We’ve kicked Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley’s ass for years and years and If they want to continue to get their ass kicked we have no problem with that at all!”

A different voice interrupts Bubba Ray

Steven Richards: “I think I’ve got something a little more interesting for you two!”

Richards walks down to the ring and shows little hesitancy getting into the ring with the Dudleyz.

Steven Richards: “Almost more than anybody else you two ruined what I was trying to do. I was trying to make a difference with the Right to Censor

The mere mention of the Right to Censor gets the biggest boos of the night…

Steven Richards: “…and maybe that’s fine. Maybe I went about things the wrong way. But deep down I’m a vengeful man. You know who I represent.”

Bubba Ray Dudley: “Steven if you want to end up like Spike and Dreamer on Monday by all means.”

Steven Richards: “Oh really? I’ll show you. I’ll show you both, you’ll see! Monday Night on Nitro. My boys will be there.

Bubba Ray Dudley: “Well here’s something to make sure your boys know what they’re getting into.”

D-Von picks up Richards and Richards gets planted with the Dudley Death Drop!

Joey Styles: “I can’t believe I’m going to be rooting for the likes of Steven Richards but if he’s bringing in who I think he is, I hope they give those damn Dudleyz what they have coming to them! Anyway, we have an interview backstage with Rob Van Dam.

Rob Van Dam: “That’s right, everybody’s favorite wrestler…*Rob…Van…Dam* goes one-on-one with perhaps his greatest rival, Jerry Lynn. Now I’ve beaten Jerry Lynn before, and I plan to beat him again tonight, but he has one thing he can hold over me, that he’s a former ECW World Champion. Well, first step for me to get that is to remind Jerry one more time that…wait, I’m not on Nitro right now so I can say this, I’m gonna remind Jerry Lynn that I’m the whole fuckin’ show!”

Joey Styles
goes over the history between Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn, dating back to their ECW World Television Championship battles throughout 1999. While RVD has the record advantage over Lynn, Lynn did beat RVD at Hardcore Heaven 2000 and is a former ECW World Champion. Styles also explains RVD’s mainstream potential. We are then shown the music video for Breaking Point’s “One of a Kind”, which not only features Rob Van Dam, but now serves has his new theme song.

Winner is Entered into the ECW World Championship Match at Starrcade
Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn

RVD and Lynn stand face to face in the middle of the ring as a huge “RVD” chant breaks out. RVD taunts right in Lynn’s face, and Lynn goes right on the attack punching away! RVD punches back and they end up in a lock-up. Waistlock by RVD is countered into one for Lynn. RVD flips Lynn over, but Lynn turns it into a headscissors. RVD counters into a bridge for a pin, 1…2…Lynn breaks out and we get to an even stance as both get to their feet. RVD feels the need to pose to the crowd again, and Lynn once again takes advantage and attacks RVD! RVD counters an Irish whip into the corner, but Lynn stops himself and floats over RVD. RVD jumps to the top rope and backflips off as Lynn runs in. Lynn slides under RVD’s kick attempt, then leaps over a sweep. Clothesline misses from Lynn and he goes off the ropes. RVD tries a split, and Lynn stops to legdrop RVD only for RVD to move out of the way. Lynn ducks another kick and trips up RVD. Lynn misses the elbow, RVD misses the somersault legdrop and both end up in a fighting stance once again as the crowd roars!

They tie up again and Lynn sends RVD off the ropes. Lynn ducks the spin kick but not the ensuing spinning heel kick! RVD celebrates to the crowd again, and for the third time Lynn takes advantage, dropkicking RVD into the corner! RVD ends up retreating to the apron, and Lynn follows up with a springboard dropkick that sends RVD into the railing! Slingshot somersault plancha by Jerry Lynn! Lynn does a little showboating now. RVD counters a whip and sends Lynn into the railing. RVD crotches Lynn on it, and then hits a jump kick off the railing, sending Lynn into the crowd! RVD gets a full head of steam and flies over the railing into Lynn and the crowd! RVD dumps Lynn back over the railing. He goes for a moonsault off the railing but Lynn bails back into the ring and RVD crashes onto the floor. RVD slowly makes his way back into the ring, and Lynn quickly gets a front facelock and plants RVD with a face first suplex. A cover, 1…2…RVD kicks out. Lynn sets RVD up…Cradle Piledriver right in the center of the ring! Cover, 1…2…RVD kicks out again to the frustration of Lynn.

Lynn rolls out and grabs a chair. Lynn is about to blast RVD, but RVD leaps and goes for the Van Daminator…only Lynn ducks and blasts RVD anyway! Another cover, 1…2…RVD kicks out yet again. Lynn props RVD on the top rope, but RVD shoves him off! FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH….misses as Lynn rolls out of the way. Both men struggle to get to their feet but Lynn is the first. Lynn slowly heads to the top rope, and RVD has caught up and crotches Lynn. Springboard jump kick sends Lynn crashing to the arena floor! This gives RVD a chance to regain his composure as well as hot dog to the crowd a little bit again. Lynn manages to roll back in and RVD places the chair on him. Rolling Thunder connects! Cover by RVD, 1…2…Lynn manages to just get the shoulder up! RVD sends Lynn into the corner. He runs after him, but Lynn moves out of the way as RVD leaped for a monkey flip. Lynn turns that into a powerbomb and RVD crashes into he chair! 1…2…RVD manages to kick out once again! Lynn takes the chair, but this time RVD leads up and gets the Van Daminator! RVD heads to the top rope…FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH! 1…2…3! RVD is going to Starrcade!

Winner: Rob Van Dam via pinfall at 15:38

Quick Results

Lance Storm pinned Spike Dudley

Raven pinned Shawn Stasiak

Winner is Awarded a Spot in the ECW World Championship Match at Starrcade
Rob Van Dam pinned Jerry Lynn

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion
Vacant (Vacated by Rhyno on 12-6-01)

Roster Updates

Jerry Lynn - Lynn was around for the InVasion, in fact he was technically on team WWF. He debuted for the WWF on house shows as early as March 2001 and even won the WWF Lightheavyweight Championship. Notably wrestled ECW rivals Tajiri, Justin Credible and even Rob Van Dam on Heat. He left by August though. Now he's back and ready to make another run in the National spotlight!

Last edited:

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
A suggestion, some of us use the dark skin on here and the black lettering can be somewhat hard to read.

• Wow

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
A suggestion, some of us use the dark skin on here and the black lettering can be somewhat hard to read.

I had no idea any of that even came in black font. I had to go to dark skin to even see.

Reactions: Stojy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I had no idea any of that even came in black font. I had to go to dark skin to even see.

Easy fix is to use the "default color" option or whatever it's called. It'll be white on dark layouts and black on light layouts. And outside of that I try and pick colors that look decent on both skins but that isn't always easy

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Easy fix is to use the "default color" option or whatever it's called. It'll be white on dark layouts and black on light layouts. And outside of that I try and pick colors that look decent on both skins but that isn't always easy

Yeah I know why it happened (it was where I copied and pasted). As for the colors overall, that's a tough one unfortunately I'm probably not going to be able to fix very well (as I can't stand too bright colors on light background board).

Sorry about this for anyone following!

Reactions: Stojy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I know why it happened (it was where I copied and pasted). As for the colors overall, that's a tough one unfortunately I'm probably not going to be able to fix very well (as I can't stand too bright colors on light background board).

Sorry about this for anyone following!

Tbh an easy fix for readers if they use a different skin than a writer is just to highlight the text lol it's not as pretty but it's readable and no one has to change anything

Reactions: King Kota and RDT

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Tbh an easy fix for readers if they use a different skin than a writer is just to highlight the text lol it's not as pretty but it's readable and no one has to change anything
That's fine

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
worldwide.jpg

WCW Worldwide
December 8, 2001
First Union Spectrum
Philadelphia, PA

Scott Hudson
and Mike Tenay welcome us to the show as The Hurricane makes his way out to the ring with Mighty Molly.

The Hurricane w/Mighty Molly vs. AJ Styles

Lock up leads to a headlock from Hurricane. AJ fights out, but Hurricane runs him over. Hurricane hits the ropes and AJ leapfrogs over, but Hurricane comes back with a big clothesline. Hiptoss by Hurricane. Hurricane hits the ropes again and gets a flying headscissors that sends AJ flying! Cover, 1…2…Styles kicks out. Hurricane punches away at Styles, but when Hurricane goes for the headlock AJ snapmares him over. Styles hooks Hurricane and drops him headfirst with a brainbuster! Could be an upset, 1…2…Hurricane just kicks out. Styles sends Hurricane off the ropes and takes him back down with a shoulderblock, and then locks in the chinlock to add some pressure. After a minute or so of wearing down the Hurricane, Styles sends him back off the ropes, but Hurricane ducks a kick and catches AJ by the throat! AJ fights out of it though and tries a back suplex, only for Hurricane to flip over and land on his feet. Flying neckbreaker from Hurricane! Big back bodydrop from Hurricane! A cover, 1…2…Styles kicks out again. Hurricane sets up the Eye of the Hurricane, but AJ counters, sends Hurricane off the ropes and hits a superkick! AJ heads to the top rope and tries a Shooting Star Press, but Hurricane moves out of the way. Hurricane hooks AJ up and drops him on his neck with a vertibreaker! 1…2…3!

Winner: The Hurricane via pinfall in 5:45

Scott Hudson
goes over the Starrcade 2001 news thus far, with new WCW World Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin taking on Sixteen Time World Champion Ric Flair for the title. Also, Rob Van Dam will face someone yet to be determined for the ECW World Championship. Starrcade is Sunday, December 30th from the MCI Center in Washington D.C.

Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire vs. Christian York and Joey Matthews

Palumbo and O’Haire go on the attack right away, attacking before the bell and pounding away on York and Matthews. O’Haire tosses Matthews, then they both stomp away on York in the corner. Palumbo hangs York on the top rope, and O’Haire leaps over his teammate and lands with all his weight on York’s back! O’Haire takes over and hits some big European uppercuts. York drops a dropkick and O’Haire which stuns him for a moment, and he gets the tag to Matthews. Matthews gets a flying headscissors on O’Haire. Matthews comes off the ropes again, but O’Haire catches him with a roundhouse heel kick. Palumbo gets tagged in and O’Haire knocks York off the apron. Palumbo hits a big back suplex on Matthews and tags O’Haire back in. O’Haire comes off the top with a Sean-ton Bomb! 1…2…3!

Winner: Palumbo and O’Haire when O’Haire pinned Matthews in 3:13

O’Haire
and Palumbo indicate that they’re coming for the titles on Nitro. Scott Hudson says as much, and tells us that after the commercial break we’ll get a Nitro preview.

Scott Hudson
and Mike Tenay go over what to expect on Nitro. Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo will receive a WCW World Tag Team Championship match against The Dudley Boyz..but we can’t forget what Steven Richards said on RISE about his boys…and that he’s gotta be talking about Kronik. We will also hear from the #1 Contender for the WCW World Championship, Ric Flair, as well. How will WCW World Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin respond? How will Kurt Angle and Booker T respond to the selection of Flair as the #1 contender?

Raven vs. Kaz Hayashi

Raven sits in the corner and announces that he’ll only compete in this match under “Raven’s Rules”, to which Hayashi seems perfectly fine with. As soon as Kaz shakes his head yes Raven pops out of the corner and boots him in the mid section. Kaz surprisingly attacks back, and hits Raven with a spin kick! Cover, 1…2…Raven kicks out. Raven escapes to the floor and Kaz goes for a somersault plancha, but Raven ducks out of the way. Raven takes Hayashi and his a Russian legsweep into the barricade! He sends Kaz back in and takes a chair with him, putting it between the turnbuckles. Raven sends Kaz flying head first into the chair! Raven looks to finish Kaz off, but Kaz shockingly ducks the chair shot, and bulldogs Raven onto the chair! Kaz puts the chair on Raven and heads to the top rope…and he hits a senton bomb on the chair on Raven! Cover, 1…2…Raven just kicks out! Kaz puts the chair on Raven again and goes for a second senton, but this time Raven moves and Kaz crashes onto the chair! Raven quickly drops Kaz with an Evenflow DDT, 1…2…3!

Winner: Raven via pinfall in 4:30

Quick Results

The Hurricane pinned AJ Styles

Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire defeated Christian York and Joey Matthews

Raven pinned Kaz Hayashi

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion
Vacant (Vacated by Rhyno on 12-6-01)

Roster Updates

AJ Styles
One-half of the exciting young team Air Raid at the end of the Turner days. Could be a future star perhaps?

Christian York Got a run at the tail end of the old ECW with teammate Joey Matthews. Could be a nice high flying team for the future.

Joey MatthewsWith Christian York, fun tag team at the tail end of the old ECW that could be a fun team for the new WCW/ECW.

Kaz HayashiFun international high flyer who spent time in 2000 as part of the Jung Dragons. Could be a future Cruiserweight Championship contender.

KronikAlluded to on RISE by Steven Richards and mentioned on Worldwide, one of WCW’s top teams in the 2000s may be coming in to have one more shot on top.

Mike TenayCommonly the third man for the announce team, WCW’s “professor” returns to the booth.