***BTB of the Month*** - WCW/ECW 2001 and Beyond - The Alliance Lives

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
worldwide.jpg

WCW Worldwide
January 5, 2002
Hara Arena
Dayton, OH

Scott Hudson
and Mike Tenay welcome us to the show. Scott Hudson makes the assumption that we may soon see Tenay on Nitro. Jerry Lynn makes his way out, not he’s not scheduled. He sits down next to Hudson and Tenay on commentary.

AJ Styles vs. Kaz Hayashi

Hard tie-up to start and after a few seconds of jockeying for position Hayashi gets a wristlock. Styles counters into his own. Hayashi kip ups out of the hold then gets Styles with a drop toehold. Styles works his way back to a vertical base and they end up in a test of strength. Hayashi lays on the canvas still holding Styles’ hands, and then double kicks Styles in the chest. Headlock takeover and Hayashi is in complete control early on. Styles gets back up and sends Hayashi off the ropes and gets a beautiful dropkick! 1…2…Hayashi kicks out. Quick armdrag from Hayashi breaks any momentum Styles may have had, and then he follows up with a dropkick of his own. Hayashi somewhat mockingly kicks Styles in the corner.

Styles fires back with hard chops, and then they both trade chops with neither backing down! They upgrade to forearms, again with neither backing down. Hayashi decides to hit the ropes to get a big strike, but Styles connects with a perfectly aimed roundhouse kick! Hayashi staggers off the ropes, but then explodes with a spinning heel kick that catches Styles offguard! Hayashi sets Styles up, brainbuster! 1…2….Styles kicks out! Hayashi sends Styles off the ropes but Styles leads over the backdrop attempt. At first it looks like a sunset flip, but Styles instead goes for the Styles Clash…only Hayashi frees a leg a kicks Styles in the face! Basement dropkick to the face of Styles, 1…2…Styles just kicks out again!

Hayashi calls for the end and sets Styles up for a powerbomb, but Styles backdrops Hayashi. Styles locks Hayashi in a bow and arrow, driving his knees into Hayashi’s back! Hayashi breaks free and both men get back to a vertical base, then take each other out with stereo discus clotheslines! Styles is up first and looks to finish again with the Styles Clash, but again Hayashi escapes and gets a hurricanrana! 1…2…Styles just kicks out! Styles pops up with the Pelé Kick, then heads to the top rope. Hayashi recovers to meet him up there, but both men are unable to keep their balance. Styles crashes to the canvas while Hayashi gets hung up on the top rope. This puts Hayashi in perfect position though for the Styles Clash, and Styles takes advantage and plants him! 1…2…3!

Winner: AJ Styles by pinfall in 9:54

Jerry Lynn
: “I must say that was impressive by AJ Styles. Kaz Hayashi kept knocking him down and he kept getting right back up and hung tough.”

Scott Hudson: “
When we come back we will get some thoughts from Jerry Lynn about the big six-pack challenge for this week’s RISE!”

::COMMERCIAL BREAK::

Scott Hudson: “Jerry, we’re glad you’re here. We’re excited that you’re here personally to talk about the match coming up this Thursday on ECW RISE. But I can’t imagine that’s why you chose to be here tonight. So why are you here?”

Jerry Lynn: “Hudson I’m just here to scout the new talent. Like that kid AJ Styles we just saw. Kid’s gonna be good. I’m 38 years old, I’m in the prime of my career still. But it’s never too late to start training the new kids you know?”

Scott Hudson: “Fair enough. So tell us, are you ready for this Thursday? That’s one insane match Paul Heyman has concocted.”

Jerry Lynn: “Yeah but you know what’s beautiful about it? Sure, Total Impact, Bam Bam Bigelow, Rob Van Dam are all great talents. Hell Lance Storm, Justin Credible and Van Dam I know like the back of my hand. But I don’t need to beat all five of them. I just need to beat one. And I’ve done that many times against all those guys.”

Good luck Jerry. Again, six pack challenge, winner will take on ECW World Champion Brock Lesnar at Souled Out, this Thursday Night on RISE!”

The Hurricane vs. Steven Richards

Interestingly, Mighty Molly isn’t here with Hurricane. This is also the first we’ve seen Richards since Kronik left him hanging against the Dudleyz.

Richards starts kicking Hurricane in the corner. Hurricane tries to fight back, but Richards doesn’t let up and punches away. Richards goes for a suplex, but Hurricane counters and gets one of his own. Richards gets a knee to stop Hurricane in his tracks, but then he misses the clothesline and Hurricane comes back with a flying clothesline of his own. Another missed clothesline from Richards, and Hurricane gets the Eye of the Hurricane!. Hurricane off the top, flying crossbody connects! Hurricane grabs the throat and gets the Hurri-Chokeslam! 1…2…3!

Winner: The Hurricane via pin in 1:30

Scott Hudson
: “Viewers at home let’s talk about this past week. At Starrcade, we saw Ric Flair defeat Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WCW World Championship…but then, 24 hours later. After defeating Booker T at Starrcade, Angle challenged Flair on Nitro, broke the Nature Boy’s foot and walked out the new WCW World Champion! I am sure we will see Kurt Angle this Monday. Also, speaking of Stone Cold, he and Triple H still have unfinished business from their WWF days. Of course, Christian has his own issues with Triple H, and we will see Christian and HHH face off this Monday as well. We will also see the WCW Nitro return of the Giant! Last thing I want to bring up. It was interesting we didn’t see Mighty Molly. The WCW/ECW Alliance is soon to be establishing a new Women’s Division. Molly is supposed to face Alexis Laree. I’m sure there will be more information on Nitro!”

The Faces of Fear vs. Christian York and Joey Matthews

York and Matthews double dropkick the Barbarian, who falls to the outside of the ring. They double dropkick Meng, but it doesn’t really move Meng. Meng clotheslines York so hard he flips around, then headbutts Matthews, who goes flying out of the ring. Meng beats the hell out of York in the corner. He goes for a backdrop but York leapfrogs him and tags in Matthews, but Meng clotheslines them both. Meng tags in Barbarian, and they destroy Matthews with a Double Big Boot! Barbarian covers, 1…2…3.

Winners: The Faces of Fear when Barbarian pinned Matthews in 2:04

::END SHOW::

Quick Results

AJ Styles pinned Kaz Hayashi

The Hurricane pinned Steven Richards

The Faces of Fear defeated Christian York and Joey Matthews when Barbarian pinned Matthews

Champions

WCW World Champion

Kurt Angle (Defeated Ric Flair on 12-31-01)

ECW World Champion
Brock Lesnar (Defeated Rob Van Dam on 12-30-01)

WCW United States Champion
Tazz (Defeated Kurt Angle on 12-13-01)

WCW World Tag Team Champions
The Dudley Boyz (Defeated The Hardy Boyz on 10-26-01)

WCW Cruiserweight Champion
Billy Kidman (Defeated X-Pac on 10-9-01)

Roster Updates

None​

Reactions: Stojy

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
WCWNitro.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
January 7, 2002
Gund Arena
Cleveland, OH

Scott Hudson
: “Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Nitro! I am here with Mike Tenay today as Diamond Dallas Page is in action…and it looks like we don’t have to wait long to see how big tonight is going to be…here comes The Giant!

The Giant: “It’s been one hell of a week huh?”

“Last week I chose to enjoy New Year’s Eve. I figured, hey, I’ll be ready to crush Ric Flair next week no problem. Then, during the after-party on New Year’s Day, I hear that Kurt Angle is the WCW World Champion and Flair is never walking again. And I was like okay, alright. Guy stole my spotlight but that’s fine. I shouldn’t let it get to me. I told Shane McMahon I wanted next title shot and Angle just gets one and wins the belt. But then I realized something. I’m the most dominate force World Championship Wrestling has ever seen. I’m 7’2”, 500 pounds. So you know, yeah, I was gonna crush Flair. But I’m fine with crushing Kurt Angle too! That’s all it takes. For years I pandered to all you fans. Kissing babies, signing autographs, the whole way. And it got me nothing. But smashing people left and right. That’s what made me me. That’s what made me The Giant. So let’s cut to the chase. Kurt Angle. I’m smashing you tonight, and I’m putting the WCW World Championship back where it belongs. In my hands! Get your red, white and blue ass out here now!”

Shane McMahon quickly comes out to the ring, no music or anything. He seems to realize this could be a situation that can get out of control quickly.

Shane McMahon: “Hey, let’s go to the back and work some stuff out…”

The Giant: “Let’s go to the back? Hell you talking about? I want my title shot and I want it now!”

Shane McMahon: “You…you weren’t here last week! I would have given it to you. There’s so many contenders I gotta figure it out. There’s Austin and Hunter and Booker and….”

The Giant grabs Shane by his shirt, and Shane quickly goes silent…

The Giant: “Your little bodyguard isn’t here tonight I see. So let’s make this easy. Give me my title shot, or you end up in a hospital bed tonight.”

WCW World Champion Kurt Angle makes his way out to the ring, and The Giant lets Shane go. Angle goes right into the ring and stands right up to the Giant, showing no fear.

Kurt Angle: “You know I got really sick really quick of you crying about losing out on the WCW World Championship last week. You know why I’m the champion right now? Because unlike some who just like to party all the time, I trained, showed up and wrestled! I don’t take nights off just to have fun. I take being the best in the world seriously, and this right here *Angle points at the WCW title*, is proof that I’m just that. You spent New Year’s Day drunk and hungover? I spent it with my new championship at the gym! There’s no one better than me. It’s true. It’s damn true!”

The Giant: “Yeah? Let’s see what all that training does for you when I chokeslam you right in the center of this ring tonight!”

Kurt Angle: “Yeah, you know what Shane. Let’s do this!”

Shane McMahon: “Look, we can’t. The show is full guys! We can’t do…”

The Giant turns towards Shane McMahon, but Angle physically forces Giant to face him again, to the Giant’s surprise and anger.

Kurt Angle: “I don’t care how big you are. You face me when I’m in this ring! You turn your back on me again and you’ll never walk again!”

The Giant: “Do you realize who you’re talking to? I’m 7’2”, 500 pounds and can squash you in a mere moment!”

Kurt Angle: “It’s the same story with you all the time. ‘I’m so big and I’m so bad blah blah blah!’ Look, I don’t care if you’re 8 feet tall, 9 feet tall, it doesn’t matter, your ankle breaks the same way everyone else’s does! So how about this Shane. Make some room on the schedule. Souled Out. That’s the night I make the Giant tap out!”

The Giant nods his head as he and Angle still stand face to face. Despite looking up at the Giant, Angle still shows no fear!

Shane McMahon: “You guys got it. Please, let’s all go the back and I’ll get this thing drawn up.”

Angle backs away for a second…then slaps the Giant in the face! Angle jumps out of the ring as the Giant goes ballistic and even throws Shane McMahon to the side! Officials and security come down to make sure they don’t come to blows, but Angle might be playing mind games now as he leaves willingly!

As Nitro comes back on the air, we see clips from last week with Diamond Dallas Page saving Torrie Wilson from William Regal and Tajiri…and then clips from RISE where DDP surprisingly showed up to help out Tazz.

Torrie comes out with DDP for the upcoming back, which upsets Tajiri!

Diamond Dallas Page (w/Torrie Wilson) and Tazz vs. William Regal and Tajiri

Tajiri attacks DDP right away, but DDP blocks a kick and punches back. DDP whips Tajiri off the ropes and gets a monkey flip, sending Tajiri across the ring. Tajiri tags out to Regal, and Regal gets a headlock on DDP. Regal gets a shoulderblock and goes for a quick pin, but Page is out at one. Page reverses an Irish Whip, then hits Regal with a backbodydrop before tagging in Tazz. Tazz punches away at Regal in the corner. Big clothesline from Tazz, and then he locks Regal in the Tazzmission! Regal backs into his corner to break it and Tajiri tags in. Tazz punches at Regal again, but gets caught off guard with a high kick from Tajiri. Tajiri catches Tazz in the knee with a basement dropkick, and then gets a Buzzsaw Kick for good measure! 1…2…Tazz kicks out.

Tajiri tries another kick, but Tazz blocks him and gets an angry man clothesline to take him down. Tazz goes for another, but Tajiri moves and Tazz ends up through the ropes and on the apron. Tajiri gets a kick to the face to knock Tazz off, then heads to the apron…Asai Moonsault connects! Tazz crawls back into the ring and Tajiri is waiting by stomping Tazz on the back of the neck. Tajiri hooks Tazz up and gets the Tarantula! DDP punches Tajiri in the face to break it up, and he makes the tag. Tajiri runs away from DDP and DDP gives chase, only for Tajiri hide behind Torrie in a cowardly act! Regal gets a knee to the back of Page, taking advantage of the distraction, and Tajiri throws Torrie to the floor, inciting huge boos!

Regal is back in and headbutts DDP low, then gets a knee lift. A cover, 1…2…DDP kicks out. Double knee to the face from Regal, and then Regal stomps Page around the ring. DDP tries to fight back, but Regal gets a drop toehold and tries for the STF! DDP avoids it, but Regal is still on offense with a suplex. Big European uppercut. DDP blocks another and geta a discus clothesline. Cover, 1…2…Tajiri pulls DDP off from the outside. Torrie comes from behind Tajiri and low blows him! Tazz comes in and sends Tajiri flying into the steps, then continues his assault. The referee tries to get some order on the outside…and when DDP rolls back in Regal blasts him with brass knuckles! Regal covers as the referee comes around, 1…2…3!

Winners: William Regal and Tajiri when Regal pinned DDP in 10:13

Tazz
chases Regal and Tajiri off before Regal can do anymore damage. Tajiri continues to eye Torrie.

Curt Hennig
comes into Shane McMahon’s office.

Curt Hennig: “You wanted to see me?”

Shane McMahon: “Yeah, listen. You can either go down with Ric Flair, or you can realize Flair’s gone, and probably for a long time. I’ve always been a fan Curt, I signed you last month to give Flair a warm-up and he manipulated you in a couple weeks. I think better of you. I think you still have a shot to get to the top and finally win that World Title. And if Austin destroys you you’ll never get there.”

Curt Hennig: “So what do you want to do?”

Shane McMahon: “Well, I want to get you back in the ring tonight. Austin isn’t here so you shouldn’t have to…”

Curt Hennig: “I don’t care if he was here! I’d smack the taste right out of his mouth!”

Shane McMahon: “I’m trying to say you shouldn’t be distracted by it. I’ll find you an opponent…”

Jamie Noble bursts into Shane’s office…

Jamie Noble: “Look Shane…oh, I’m sorry for interrupting…look Shane I know I’m running out of chances man but you’ve gotta give me one more! I’ll win the next one for sure!”

Shane McMahon: Jamie man I don’t know. You’ve had more than enough chances. Maybe you aren’t cut out for this.”

Jamie Noble: “Come on Shane! Just one more! Give me like a local guy or something!”

Shane McMahon: “Fine. You get one more. And that’s it. We’re gonna do..Jamie Noble against…Curt Hennig! And that match is next.”

Jamie Noble’s excitement quickly disappears, as Curt Hennig gets a bit of a laugh.

We return to Nitro in William Regal’s office as Regal is with Tajiri.

William Regal: “Listen to me, listen to me! This is what I expected of you! You see how much better off you are without that miserable bint! I want you to forget about her entirely. I will take care of Diamond Dallas Page. I want you to focus because at Souled Out, you are getting a rematch against Tazz and this time we need you to bring home the US Title!”

Tajiri nods and laughs evilly as we cut back to the ring.

Curt Hennig vs. Jamie Noble

Hennig throws his towel at Noble
and then punches away at him. Huge running axe smash knocks Noble for a loop. Hennig goes for the quick cover, 1…2…but Noble just kicks out. Clothesline turns Noble inside out. Hennig begins to toy with Noble, but Noble rolls him up, 1…2…Hennig just kicks out and we almost had an upset! Hennig catches a kick, but Noble connects with an enzugiri! Frankensteiner and Jamie Noble is rolling! Sunset flip, 1…2….Hennig kicks out again! Noble sends Hennig off the ropes and goes for the backdrop, but Hennig puts on the brakes and hooks Noble up…Hennig-Plex! 1…2…Hennig lets go on his own, and goes back to toying with Noble.

Hennig hits an especially vicious knee strike, then snapmares Noble over before coming over the top with a forward somersault cutter, bending Noble in half! The referee admonishes Hennig, but Hennig shoves him aside. Hennig slowly sets up Noble for another Hennig-Plex, but crowd suddenly roars as Stone Cold has come from the crowd! Austin nails Hennig with some punches and then drops him with the Stone Cold Stunner! Austin puts Noble on Hennig, and then drags the referee to the center of the ring, 1…2…3! Jamie Noble upsets Curt Hennig and has a job! Austin escapes through the crowd!

Winner: Jamie Noble by pin in 4:24

We see The Giant about to leave, and he’s still visibly angered from earlier tonight when Kurt Angle slapped him in the face. Kevin Kelly catches up with him.

Kevin Kelly: Giant, if I can just get a word about how you felt earl…”

The Giant grabs Kelly by the shirt.

The Giant: “Does this really look like a good idea to you?”

Kevin Kelly: “N…No…No sir.”

The Giant: “You have about three seconds before I break every bone in your body.”

The Giant lets go and Kevin Kelly runs for his life. The Giant lets out one massive scream before we head to commercial.

We come back to Nitro as Christian is with Jeremy Borash.

Jeremy Borash: “A big rematch for you tonight Christian as you face off against your surprise Starrcade opponent, Triple H. Rumor has it he’s still furious about your attack last week.”

Christian: “Well let him be furious all he wants. The way I see it, he’s as good as a one legged man in an ass-kicking contest! You see, at Starrcade, I wasn’t prepared. This time, I’ve been waiting for this match all week. Yeah, I’m going to play the game tonight. But I’m going to do something Cleveland Browns’ fans can only dream of! I’m going to beat my opponent and win the game tonight!”

Kronik vs. The Faces of Fear

Barbarian and Clarke hook up. They trade wristlocks, then Clarke hits a big shoulder thrust. Barbarian counters with a knee, and the they both slug it out. Big chops from Barbarian, but Clarke shrugs that off and shoulder blocks Barbarian down. Clarke tags in Adams and Adams gets a huge slam. Big clothesline, and then Adams hits Meng with a big punch on the apron. Meng comes in and Adams meets him and punches away. Adams grabs both Meng and the Barbarian and goes for a noggin knocker, but it has no effect on both members of the Faces of Fear! Adams looks surprised, and then gets nailed with a double headbutt! Meng then gets an atomic drop and Barbarian boots him right in the face. Meng gets tagged in and stomps Adams in the head as Clarke tries to get in.

Meng punches and kicks away at Adams, then gets a choke for good measure. Meng sends Adams off the ropes, but Adams catches the clothesline and gets into a Full Nelson…turning it into a Full Nelson slam. Adams gets the tag to Clarke and Clarke cleans house, taking out both Meng and Barbarian with an assortment of punches and kicks. Barbaian gets the tag, but Clarke is still in control. Big elbow drop from Clarke on Barbarian and a cover, 1…2…Barbarian kicks out. Side slam from Clarke. Clarke tags Adams back in and we get a drop toehold from Clarke, and then a legdrop to the back of the head from Adams. 1…2…this time Meng comes in and breaks it up.

Adams again makes the mistake of headbutting the Barbarian, and Barbarian responds with his own headbutt and tags Meng back in. Big chop knocks Adams down. Meng runs over to Clarke and knocks him off the apron. Adams misses a big boot, and Meng catches him with the Tongan Death Griponly for Clarke to come in with a chair and smash Meng in the back! The match gets totally out of control as Barbarian comes in and the brawl is on! Referee calls it, and security comes in to try to break up the brawl!

Winners: Faces of Fear by DQ when Clarke used a chair in 8:12

Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo
run down to the ring and get involved, and we have a six man melee all of a sudden! Security eventually succeeds in breaking the mayhem up!

Curt Hennig:
“What the hell was that Shane? You said Austin wasn’t here?”

Shane McMahon: “Hey, I didn’t know! But what did I tell you! I told you not to get distracted by him and you did!”

Curt Hennig: “Distracted? He came into the ring and hit me with a Stunner, from behind I might add!”

Both Curt Hennig and Shane McMahon suddenly stop arguing when they hear Booker T laughing!

Curt Hennig: “What’s so funny to you?”

Booker T: “What’s so funny to me? Man, you went out there and got beat by Jamie Noble!”

Hennig shoves Booker and they get into each other’s faces.

Booker T: “Tell me he didn’t do that. Tell me…he did not just do that!”

Curt Hennig: “Yeah well I did and I can do a hell of a lot more!”

Shane McMahon gets between them…and Curt Hennig walks off.

Booker T: “Haha, man, Jamie Noble.”

Scott Hudson
: “Just another situation that looks like it’s getting out of control! Nonetheless, tell us about this upcoming match-up Mike Tenay.”

Mike Tenay: “Well, last week it was announced on wcwecwalliance.com that a World Women’s Championship will be coming. There are plans being put together right now for a tournament to determine a champion. Tonight, we see a couple of the women that will be competing in the division. We’ve seen Alexis Laree a few times on this very program. Very talented. I’ve seen her in some matches on the East Coast for Maryland Championship Wrestling and I think she’s ready for this world stage. Now her opponent is much more experienced in Mighty Molly. A few things before I address the recent news about Molly. For one, she’s wrestled in World Championship Wrestling as Mona, and then she jumped to the World Wrestling Federation where she contended for the Women’s Championship there as Molly Holly. That being said, she joined The Alliance and the Hurricane, but my understanding is that partnership is over. We were on Worldwide a couple nights ago and Hurricane did not have her at his side. I was able to talk with Hurricane over the weekend and he confirmed Molly has moved on. Rumors are saying that she has a totally new name and such. Nonetheless, this should be a great match.”

Scott Hudson:
“Thank you Mike. I do think I have the name for Molly here…Molly Marvel. Should be a great contest lets get to the ring!”

Molly Marvel comes out with a new attire, resembling the WWF’s Alundra Blayze.

Molly Marvel vs. Alexis Laree

Laree and Marvel stand face to face and Laree slaps her! Marvel takes her down and punches away. Marvel sends Laree off the ropes and then shits a drop toe hold where Laree lands throat first onto the second rope! Dropkick from Marvel! Marvel runs up to Laree and hits a corkscrew neckbreaker, 1…2…Laree kicks out! Snap suplex from Marvel, then hits a quick elbow drop. 1…2…Laree kicks out. Marvel heads to the second rope, but crossbody misses! Laree takes over by grabbing Marvel by the hair and slamming her face first into the turnbuckles. Knife edge chop from Laree! Snapmare from Laree, followed up by a stiff kick in the back! Laree heads to the top rope and gets a flying Thesz Press, 1…2…Marvel kicks out!

Laree plants Marvel with a reverse DDT, and then gets another cover, 1…2…another kickout from Marvel. Marvel throws some kicks, but Laree stops her and hits a flapjack, nipping up right after! Roundhouse kick connects! 1…2….Marvel just kicks out! Laree sets up for the bulldog headlock, but Marvel shoves her off and Laree hits the ropes, and Marvel takes her out with a clothesline! Laree backs up into the corner, and Marvel comes flying in with a double handspring cartwheel back elbow! Marvel climbs onto the second rope and hits a flying crossbody! 1…2…Laree just kicks out. Marvel gets a snapmare and then a dropkick right in the face to a sitting Laree. Marvel heads to the top rope…laree gets to her feet and Marvel takes her out with a Molly-Go-Round! 1…2…3!

Winner: Molly Marvel by pin in 6:32

Jeremy Borash
is with Triple H, who is taping up his quad that he tore last year.

Jeremy Borash: “We are just moments away Triple H from you facing off with Christian.”

Triple H: “Yeah. You know he took a cheap shot last week when I was dealing with Steve Austin, but that’s fine. He’s going to pay for it tonight. And as for Austin. He wanted to be a coward last week. I even see remotely near the ring tonight I’m going to kick his ass!”

Triple H leaves as he heads to the ring…and behind some of the staging we see Stone Cold was watching Triple H talk to Borash!

We come back to a parking lot, similar to what we saw on RISE

Bubba Ray Dudley: Public Enemy. You’ve broken the cardinal commandment. You see, you may have invented the tables. But we mastered it. We put the tables on the map. And by challenging The Dudley Boyz you have challenged the baddest tag team in the history of professional wrestling. You see, the tables didn’t win fourteen world tag team championships. We did! That’s the difference between you and us. And as always we will put our money where our mouth is. No we won’t bring the girl. But we will bring the belts. And we will bring the tables. And we will end this pathetic chapter in ECW history called the Public Enemy! Tell em’ D-Von.”

D-Von Dudley: “A reminder of those commandments. Number one: Thou shall not steal. Number two: Thou shall not kill. And the most important one of all, and the one you are in violation of, thou shall not mess with the Dudleyz!”

Christian vs. Triple H

Triple H goes right after Christian, but Christian hides between the ropes, forcing the referee to hold HHH back. Christian takes his time getting back into the ring, but when he does he runs right back to the ropes as soon as HHH even comes close. Christian thinks he sees an opening as HHH argues with the referee, but HHH decks him as a result! HHH fires away right hand after right hand in the corner, then sends Christian into the opposite corner and follows with a big clothesline! Christian struggles to get to his feet and HHH hits a swinging neckbreaker! HHH runs at Christian and takes him out with a choke takedown. DDT from HHH! 1…2…Christian kicks out and bails to the outside. HHH is in pursuit and slams Christian face first into the barricade, then into the ring steps. HHH rolls him back in and this might be a quick one.

HHH comes out of the corner and drops a knee right on the face of Christian. Cover, 1…2…Christian kicks out. HHH sends Christian off the ropes and hits the high knee, but when he comes back down he limps a bit and tends to his quad. HHH tries to shake it off, but Christian gets a drop toe hold on that leg, then elbowdrops the quad for good measure! Christian then locks HHH in a Boston Crab, and the pain is visibly shown on HHH’s face! Still, HHH is able to get to the ropes, and now he’s the one who bails to the outside. Christian leaps onto the second rope and comes over the top with a plancha! Christian rolls back into the ring and tells the referee to count Triple H out! Count gets to eight, but HHH makes his way back into the ring. Christian picks HHH up and gets an inverted facelock into a backbreaker! Cover, 1…2…HHH powers out. Christian heads to the top rope, but the missile dropkick misses and Christian crashes to the canvas!

Both men get back to their feet and trade punches, but HHH easily wins that exchange. Christian blocks one though and tries to turn it into the Unprettier, but HHH counters by lifting him up over his head. Christian flips back to his feet though and comes off the ropes, but runs right into a huge spinebuster! HHH sets Christian up for the Pedigree, but Christian punches HHH’s injured leg and HHH can’t finish the move! Christian comes off the ropes but HHH ducks the spinning heel kick and Christian grazes the referee there! Christian sends HHH off the ropes and goes for the back bodydrop, but HHH puts on the brakes and gets a facebuster. Kick, Predigree coming…but it’s Stone Cold! Austin goes for the Stunner, but HHH shoves him off into the ropes! Austin hangs onto the ropes and runs back up the ramp, and Christian rolls HHH up…1…2…3! HHH kicks out right after and runs down the ramp to brawl with Austin! But a huge upset for Christian nonetheless!

Winner: Christian by pin in 12:00

Triple H
catches up to Austin and they go at it on the rampway as Nitro goes off the air!

Quick Results

William Regal and Tajiri defeated Diamond Dallas Page and Tazz when Regal pinned DDP

Jamie Noble pinned Curt Hennig

The Faces of Fear defeated Kronik by DQ

Molly Marvel pinned Alexis Laree

Christian pinned Triple H

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Roster Updates

None​

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
customRISE-e1636696216327.jpg

ECW RISE
January 10, 2002
Xcel Energy Center
St. Paul, MN

Earlier today we saw Billy Kidman traveling to the Xcel Energy Center where he was attacked by Stasiak, Malice, Shannon Moore and Mikey Whipwreck! Just like Raven and Malice did to Whipwreck not that long ago, they toss Kidman into the back of a car and speed off!

The theme of ECW plays, and then we come back WCW World Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz, sans Stacy Keibler are on their way to the ring for the opening match.

Joey Styles: “Hello everyone at home I am Joey Styles and while we have a big show tonight, I’m concerned about what we just saw regarding Billy Kidman. Kidman was going to be here tonight but I understand that he hasn’t shown up, obviously due to what Raven and those sick freaks did! We will provide updates as we get them, if we get them. Two major matches tonight. We’re about to see a Tables Match between the returning Public Enemy and the Dudley Boyz, and the WCW World Tag Team Championship is on the line. Later tonight we also will have that Six Pack Challenge for the #1 Contender position for the ECW World Championship!”

WCW World Tag Team Championship (Table Match – Double Elimination Rules)
The Dudley Boyz © vs. The Public Enemy

Rock and Grunge attack right away, pounding away at the Dudleyz! They send them to the outside, and Grunge slams D-Von into the guardrail! Rock slams Bubba into the steps! Public Enemy bring D-Von in the ring and have a table in there as well. D-Von tries to fight back, but Grunge smacks him in the back with a chair! Grunge puts D-Von on the table and Rocco Rock heads to the top rope, but Bubba Ray takes out Grunge with a chairshot of his own, and moves D-Von out of the way as Rocco went for the senton!

Joey Styles:
Rocco Rock may have crashed through the table but the Dudleyz have to do it to him for it to count!”

Bubba drops Grunge with a side belly to belly suplex where Grunge nearly lands on his head! Bubba slams him, and D-Von comes flying off the top rope with a headbutt to the groin! D-Von takes the chair and smashes Rocco over the head, sending Rocco to the floor! D-Von sets up a table and Bubba has Johnny Grunge in the corner and up…Powerbomb through the table! That’s one! D-Von goes out for Rocco but Rocco has a fire extinguisher, blinding D-Von! He runs in to hit Bubba, but Bubba blocks it and hook Rocco up for a Bubba Bomb! D-Von comes back in with another table. A vicious chairshot from Bubba Ray leaves Rocco out on his feet. D-Von lifts him up…3D through the table! The Dudley Boyz have destroyed the Public Enemy!

Winner: The Dudley Boyz in 5:01 (Retain)

The Dudley Boyz
head over to the announce position…

Joey Styles: “What..why…”

Bubba Ray Dudley: “If I watch back one more episode of this show and hear you say one more negative thing about the Dudley Boyz the next table we break will have your fucking back going through it! We’re the best fucking tag team in the world and we just proved it again!”

D-Von Dudley: “OH MY BROTHER….TESTIFY!”

Joey Styles: “Cut…cut to a commercial…!”

Joey Styles:
“Welcome back and I apologize for what just happened. Now, we before our massive main event I do want to give you some information about next week’s RISE. Now, as you may have…wait a minute. Do we have time for this? What’s Jamie Noble doing here?”

Jamie Noble: “Hey everyone! Can you believe it! It was a close one but I won last Monday Night and I’ve got a job! I’m excited to be here and you’re definitely gonna see some of Jamie Noble here in ECW! I like that extreme stuff you know! I was down to my last chance and I gave it my all! And now I’m here!”

Unknown Voice: “Your last chance?!”

Joey Styles: “Who the hell is this now? Hey..is that. That’s Ron Killings, you know him most likely as the WWF’s K-Kwik. The hell is he doing here?”

Killings comes through the crowd, microphone in hand and into the ring.

Jamie Noble:
“Hey I know you! K-Kwik right! Getting Rowdy!”

Killings smashes the microphone over Noble’s head! He takes Noble to the outside and hits him with a reverse one arm slam, The Complete Shot on the floor!

Ron Killings: “Shut the hell up Noble! No surprise someone like you gets so many chances!”

Killings goes back into the ring as officials come help Jamie Noble to the back.

Ron Killings: “All of you folk shut up and sit down! I got somethin’ to get off my chest! I need someone to explain some shit to me!”

“All of you here, look at me right now. What do you see? Let me answer that for you. You see a star! I look like a damn star! Everytime I have this microphone in my hands I sound like a star! So someone explain to me why I’m not the biggest fucking star in the business right now! Someone explain to me why, in the middle of the biggest promotional war in the history of professional wrestling, why the WWF said ‘hey, you know, let’s cut K-Kwik, we don’t need him.’ Explain that shit to me man. What in the punk damn thunder is that?”

“As long as I’m around you’ll all have to get used to the truth. And here’s the truth. They were afraid that K-Kwik was gonna be the biggest damn thing in the federation! I was gonna be the hottest item around. They would have had to sell the t-shirts, the CD music tracks, all of it. And it would have been inevitable that K-Kwik was gonna win the fucking gold! But like the rest of my life, I was kept down. I was kept down by the people who know that I’m better than them. They were scared that I would outshine them and take their spots! They were afraid I was gonna take their money!”

“Well it’s time for those fears to be realized! At this point I’m gonna take what’s mine! I’m going to have that killer instinct that will take me to the top of the mountain, and I’m gonna blow the top off that son of a bitch! And there are some people here, some people here who don’t have that killer instinct. And I’m gonna take them out. Jamie Noble was the first example tonight! So the truth is this. I ain’t K-Kwik anymore. R-Killa is gonna become the biggest star the WCW and ECW have ever seen. And I promise you…that’s the fucking truth!”

Paul Heyman comes out, audibly saying to R-Killa, “hey, let’s talk about it” and invites him backstage. However, R-Killa decides to leave via the crowd.

Joey Styles: “I don’t know what’s going on tonight…we need to cut to another commercial…”

Joey Styles:
“Okay, we’re about to have our main event. One thing I want to mention is that we haven’t heard anything about Billy Kidman or Raven and I just hope that kid is okay and I hope Raven doesn’t get to him. Also, what I was trying to say before Jamie Noble came out is that on Nitro, you witnessed a Women’s Match between Molly Marvel and Alexis Laree. Next week, we will showcase two women that quite frankly could beat the hell out of most of the men in this place. It’s going to be ECW mainstay Jazz against Bam Bam Bigelow’s main squeeze Luna Vachon! Alright it’s time to give you, uninterrupted, this Six Pack Challenge to determine the #1 Contender for the ECW World Championship!”

Six Pack Challenge to Determine the #1 Contender for the ECW World Championship (One Fall)
Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (w/Luna Vachon) vs. Lance Storm (w/Dawn Marie) vs. Justin Credible vs. Mike Awesome

Luna
chases off Dawn Marie, which allows Lynn to attack a distracted Storm to kick off the match. RVD goes after Mike Awesome with kicks while Justin Credible runs away from Bam Bam Bigelow. RVD gets a spin kick to Awesome to send him to the outside, then hits him with a flying tope con hilo! This leaves Storm and Lynn in the ring. Storm hits him with shots in the corner, but Lynn reverses an Irish Whip. Storm flips over the top rope onto the apron, but misses a clothesline. Lynn misses a clothesline, Storm misses another one, and this time Lynn comes off the second rope and dropkicks Storm off the apron and onto the floor! Meanwhile Bigelow is beating the hell out of Credible in the crowd, and RVD is back in the ring to face off with Lynn! They trade forearms, but RVD jumps over a sweep attempt. RVD misses the legdrop, and Lynn misses a swinging kick. The fun for them ends quickly though as Mike Awesome comes flying off with top with a double clothesline!

Bam Bam Bigelow throws a chair into the ring, and now we have the two monsters of the match squaring off! Bigelow gets in some huge blows and avalanches Awesome in the corner! Bigelow goes for another one, but Awesome leaps to the second rope and hits Bigelow with an flying back elbow! Awesome goes for a running splash, but Bigelow gets the knees up! Bigelow takes the chair he brought in and slams it across Awesome’s back! Credible and Storm get into the ring and double superkick the chair into Bigelow’s face! Jerry Lynn gets a springboard clothesline that takes out both Storm and Credible! Lynn picks up the chair, but he gets blasted by a Van Daminator by RVD! Cover, 1…2…Awesome is back up and breaks it up. He sets RVD for an Awesome Bomb, but RVD rolls through with the victory roll, 1…2…no. RVD gets a full head of steam and runs at Awesome, but gets backdropped over the top rope as a result! Awesome hits the ropes and goes flying at RVD with an over the top rope suicide dive, but RVD moves and crashes onto the floor! Lynn is on the top rope and catches RVD with a flying clothesline to the floor! The Impact Players stomp away on Bigelow, but when they send Bigelow off the ropes Bigelow shoulder tackles Credible.

Storm goes for a bulldog, but Bigelow turns that into a back suplex! Bigelow heads to the top, but the moonsault misses as Credible drags Storm out of the ring. Jerry Lynn comes into the ring and stomps away on Bigelow, but Bam Bam presses him over his head and sends him flying into Credible and Storm! Bigelow turns around and get a chair thrown at him and he makes the mistake of catching it…Van Daminator! Mike Awesome comes flying off the top rope with a chair and smashes it over RVD’s head! Awesome goes back to the top rope and hits the Awesome Splash on RVD! 1…2…Jerry Lynn comes flying off the top with the Minneapolis Jam! Lance Storm comes flying off the top rope with a jumping spin kick…1…2…Lynn just kicks out! Storm holds Lynn up, but Lynn moves and Justin Credible cracks Storm in the face with a kendo stick! Lynn dropkicks Credible, then props him onto the top rope. It may be a superplex…but Bam Bam Bigelow shoves Lynn off the top and he goes flying into the guardrail! Bigelow then takes Credible off the top rope...Greetings From Asbury Park! 1…2…3!

Winner: Bam Bam Bigelow when he pinned Justin Credible in 12:16

Joey Styles:
“We’re out of time tonight, but my god, does this mean we’re going to see Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Brock Lesnar at Souled Out? Oh my god!”

Quick Results

WCW World Tag Team Championship – Tables Match

The Dudley Boyz defeat The Public Enemy (Retains)

Six Pack Challenge to Determine the #1 Contender for the ECW World Championship
Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, Mike Awesome and Justin Credible when he pinned Credible

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Roster Updates

Jazz
ECW original who was regularly beating men, as tough as they come
Ron Killings/R-KillaThe former K-Kwik was last seen wrestling on WWF B Shows back in July of 2001 and he clearly wasn’t happy about it

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
worldwide.jpg

WCW Worldwide
January 12, 2002
Xcel Energy Center
St. Paul, MN

Scott Hudson
and Mike Tenay welcome us to the show. For the second week in a row Jerry Lynn joins them for commentary.

Mike Tenay once again talks about the upcoming Women’s Division.

Mike Tenay: “Our opening contest on Worldwide today is a match between two of the top ladies in Canada. The mysterious La Felina will face off against The Phoenix. Just last week La Felina defeated Phoenix in a match at The Apocalypse Wrestling Federation’s New Day Dawning Event in Toronto. Both women are in their early 20s and will hopefully add a lot to WCW for years to come! This match will be about the quickness of La Felina against the strength of The Phoenix."

La Felina vs. The Phoenix

They tie-up to start, but Felina backs away into the ropes to break. Felina ducks the second tie-up attempt and goes for a hurricanrana, but it’s too early for that as the Phoenix is able to just stand tall to block. She shoves Felina off and Felina lands on her feet. Phoenix misses the clothesline, and Felina gets a forearm. Another forearm backs Phoenix into the corner, then Felina comes charging in with a crossbody to Phoenix’s midsection. Phoenix stumbles out of the corner and Felina heads to the top rope. Phoenix catches her up there though…then military presses Felina over he head! Phoenix slams Felina face first onto the canvas! 1…2…kickout from Felina. Phoenix goes for Snake Eyes, but Felina shoves her into the corner. Phoenix catches a charging Felina with an elbow though.

Phoenix heads to the second rope, but Felina catches her this time with a punch. Felina climbs and goes for a top rope hurricanrana, but Phoenix is still too strong and Felina crashes onto the canvas. Phoenix now stands on the top rope, but Felina dropkicks the turnbuckles and Phoenix gets crotched and then falls to the mat as well. Cover from Felina, 1…2…Phoenix kicks out. Felina comes off the ropes and Phoenix misses the clothesline. Felina looks as if she’s going for a headscissors, but locks up Pheonix’s arms and gets an Octopus Hold! Felina has Phoenix slowly falling to the canvas…until Phoenix explodes with power and counters with a sidewalk slam! 1…2…Felina kicks out. Felina recovers and runs at Phoenix, but gets taken out with a hard clothesline!

Slingshot suplex by Phoenix! Another cover, 1…2…another kick out from Felina as the St. Paul crowd starts to get into this! Phoenix sets up Felina for another suplex…and this time holds her up there! Felina counters by rolling behind and getting a pinning combination, 1…2…Phoenix kicks out! Felina comes off the ropes but Phoenix takes her out with a spear! Phoenix looks to finish off Felina and picks her up over her shoulder…but Felina slides back and gets a Dragon Sleeper! Phoenix punches her way out, reaching Felina’s face! Felina comes off the ropes and goes for another hurricanrana, but this time Phoenix drops straight down with a sit out powerbomb! 1…2…3!

Winner: The Phoenix by pinfall in 9:04

Scott Hudson
: “Let’s talk about this past week’s action. Jerry, you were directly involved in the main event of this past week’s RISE.”

Jerry Lynn: “Yeah, and I don’t really want to talk about it. Brock Lesnar’s gonna have his hands full with Bam Bam Bigelow, that’s for sure.”

Scott Hudson: “Any thoughts about your former rival Kidman?”

Jerry Lynn: “
As long as Raven isn’t messing with me I’m fine. Look, I’m really looking forward to this next match let’s get to it.”

AJ Styles vs. Essa Rios

Rios gets a wristlock, but Styles flips out of it. Styles gets his own wristlock and Rios gets his own flip out and turns it into a hammerlock. This turns into a headlock, and then Rios gets sent off the ropes. Styles leapfrogs Rios once, but the second time turns into an atomic drop! Rios comes off the ropes again and Styles catches him with a perfect dropkick! Slam from Styles, and then a big kneedrop. 1…2…Rios kicks out. Styles whips Rios into the corner and follows up with a flying punch! Rios comes right of the corner with a spinning heel kick! He then grabs Styles by the arm, jumps to the top rope, then leaps off and armdrags Styles on the way down!

Rios sends Styles to the ropes, but Styles springboard backflips into the reverse DDT position, but Rios elbows his way out and sends Styles to the outside. Baseball slide sends Styles flying into the barricade! Rios sends Styles back in, but moosault off the top rope misses! Styles heads to the top rope, but Rios meets him up there and goes for the superplex! Styles punches Rios off and Rios crashes into the canvas! Rios gets back up and Styles comes off the top rope with a sunset flip, 1…2…Rios gets a shoulder up, but Styles just lifts him up anyway into the Styles Clash! 1…2…3!

Winner: AJ Styles by pinfall in 5:13

Jerry Lynn
leaves the broadcast position and heads over to Styles. He whispers something to him, but Styles shrugs him off and heads to the back.

Scott Hudson: “What was that all about?”

I see potential in the kid and asked him if he wanted to train and learn from me. He said no. He’ll learn it’s tough being on your own soon enough.”

Scott Hudson
: “Ladies and Gentlemen I want to go over the upcoming Souled Out Pay-Per-View coming two weeks from tomorrow! As we saw on Nitro, Kurt Angle will defend the WCW World Championship against a former holder of the championship, The Giant. Also official, Diamond Dallas Page returns to WCW Pay-Per-View as he will defend Torrie Wilson’s honor against Commissioner William Regal. Tazz will once again defend the WCW United States Championship against Tajiri. Also, recently announced on wcwecwwrestling.com. The Dudley Boyz will defend the WCW World Tag Team Championship in a four-way elimination match against O’Haire and Palumbo, Kronik and The Faces of Fear! On the ECW side of things, Brock Lesnar will be defending the championship against Bam Bam Bigelow! Surely more will be announced on the next two weeks. We have one more match tonight, then a reminder that next Saturday is ECW Hardcore TV.”

You’ll be seeing me there.”

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Chris Sabin

Chavo armdrags Sabin to start things off, then gets several European Uppercuts in the corner. He sends Sabin to the opposite corner, but Sabin dropkicks him when he comes charging in. Sabin heads to the top rope, but the missile dropkick misses. Gutbuster from Chavo, and then he sends Sabin into the corner once again. Monkey flip sends Sabin flying across the ring! Sabin’s dazed and Chavo boots him, then drives him headfirst into the mat with a brainbuster! 1…2…3!

Winners: Chavo Guerrero Jr. by pinfall in 1:26

Quick Results

The Phoenix pinned La Felina

AJ Styles pinned Essa Rios

Chavo Guerrero Jr. pinned Chris Sabin

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Roster Updates

Chris Sabin
Sabin’s just starting out in Border City Wresting at this point in his career. Gotta have some fun cameos for the Worldwide shows
La FelinaThe future Gail Kim is also just starting out, but a need for women is essential
The PhoenixThe future Beth Phoenix is also starting out, but a need for women is essential

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

WCWNitro.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
January 14, 2002
Target Center
Minneapolis, MN

Scott Hudson
: “Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Nitro! Once again I am here with “The Professor” Mike Tenay. We have a huge show planned tonight, as Stone Cold Steve Austin will take on the man who screwed him over at Starrcade, Curt Hennig. The Giant will also face off with Test. And, it looks like we are kicking things off with Christian!”

Christian: “I hope you here in Minnesota realize that you are in the presence of a winner! I know you all aren’t used to it with the Vikings and Timberwolves but hey, I’m here now so you don’t need to worry about it! Last week I beat Triple H clean right in the middle, and later tonight I am going to barge into Shane McMahon’s office and demand that I’m rewarded accordingly. But, I’m one of those main eventers that wants to give back to the wrestling business. So tonight, I’m issuing an open challenge. Let’s see someone step up and prove they can be on the level of a Christian!”

No one answers…

Christian: “Come on. Whoever comes down, you can one day tell your grandkids that you got to face the great Christian! Com….”

The crowd roars when “One of a Kind” plays! Rob Van Dam has answered the challenge!

Christian: “Hey..hey, aren’t you supposed to be in ECW? What the you doing here?”

RVD ignores Christian and poses on the ropes, letting Christian attack him from behind!

Christian vs. Rob Van Dam

Christian punches and kicks away at RVD in the corner after knocking him off the ropes. Christian chokes RVD with his boot, using all five seconds before he could get DQed. More punches, then he sends RVD to opposite corner with an Irish Whip. Christian charges in, but RVD catches him with an elbow. RVD follows up with a shoulder thrust, then another shoulder thrust. RVD backflips, but instead of a third shoulder thrust he puts on the brakes as Christian jumped to the second rope to counter. RVD laughs at him, and taunts in his face…then spinkicks Christian right in the face as Christian charged at him! Christian stumbles back to the corner, but surprises RVD by grabbing his singlet and slamming him into the post shoulder first! Christian set RVD up for a suplex, but then drops RVD across the top rope. RVD ends up on the apron and Christian jumps up to the second rope and dropkicks RVD off the apron!

Christian heads outside and sends RVD into the steps. Christian brings RVD back in and then does the RVD taunt to the crowd. Christian turns back to RVD, and RVD pops up and catches Christian with a spinning heel kick! Christian gets some shots in to slow RVD’s comeback, but when he sends RVD across the ring RVD leaps up to the top turnbuckle and comes flying back with a crossbody! 1…2…Christian kicks out! Both men quickly get back to their feet and Christian takes RVD down with a clothesline. Christian locks in a headlock, looking to wear RVD down. Christian extends his body and gets his feet on the bottom rope, but gets them off when the referee looks around. Christian gets caught the second time and the referee kicks his feet off. RVD starts to fight back and gets back to a vertical base. RVD punches his way out, then takes Christian down with a spin kick!

Christian gets back up and tries a kick, but RVD catches it and knocks Christian down with another spinkick. RVD off the ropes. Rolling Thunder! 1…2…Christian just kicks out! RVD misses a jump kick and Christian gets an Inverted DDT! Cover, 1…2….RVD kicks out! Christian props up RVD in the corner and looks to go for a superplex. RVD punches to counter…and sends Christian flying into the canvas! RVD comes off the top…Five Star Frog Splash! 1…2…3!

Winner: Rob Van Dam via pinfall in 10:00

We cut backstage where Jeremy Borash is with Test.

Jeremy Borash: Test, a big match for you tonight. Are you ready for it and is Starrcade still in your mind?”

Test: “Look, Shane McMahon hired me to so a job at Starrcade, and Shane got away unscathed so I did it. He told me he appreciated it and asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted The Giant. I’m not going to let someone humiliate me in the middle of a big Pay-Per-View without a little payback. Giant, your time as the big dog in WCW is done. And after I’m through with you, perhaps Shane will reconsider who gets the WCW title shot at Souled Out!

As Nitro comes back on the air, Christian is in Shane McMahon’s office, panting and still selling the beating RVD just gave him…

Christian: Shane, look, disregard what you saw out there tonight. Last week I beat Triple H and I feel like I deserve something for that!”

Shane McMahon: “I heard you earlier. You said you were going to barge in here and demand things right?"

Christian: “Yes, but…”

Shane McMahon: “And you said you beat Triple H clean in the middle?”

Christian: “I mean I di…”

Shane McMahon: “Let’s be real. You beat Triple H because of Steve Austin. But to be fair you did win the match. So here’s what I’ll do. At Souled Out we have Tazz defending the US Championship against Tajiri. I think we need to spice that up. So I say, let’s add Christian. Make it a four way!”

Christian: Shane, that sounds great. But four way? Tazz, Tajiri and myself, that’s three.”

Shane McMahon: “Well, since you lost tonight, out of fairness, I think we need to add the man who beat you. Rob. Van. Dam!” And next week, just so everyone gets enough time to prepare…we’ll do a six man tag. You, Tajiri, Commissioner Regal against RVD, Tazz and DDP! Now…does that meet your demands?”

Christian gives Shane a fake smile…then heads out of Shane’s office muttering something…

Curt Hennig vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Hennig gets some cheers in his home state.
Austin attacks Hennig during his entrance, punching and stomping a mudhole in him in the corner! Austin lets up as Hennig has grabbed the ropes. Lock-up attempt turns into a waistlock by Hennig. Both men end up tangled up int the ropes, and upon the break Austin flips Hennig off! Fans boo as again Hennig is the hometown hero, but Austin flips off the crowd as well. Hennig catches Austin with an elbow, then gets the side headlock. Hennig takes down Austin, but Austin quickly fights his way out. Hennig holds onto the headlock and Austin sends him off the ropes. Big clothesline from Austin! Hard chop in the corner. And a second one! Third one misses, and Hennig reverses position with Austin and gets some chops of his own. Austin thumbs Hennig in the eye and then sends him into the opposite corner. Austin knocks Hennig down with another clothesline and goes for the cover, 1…2…Hennig kicks out.

Austin slams Hennig into the turnbuckles, sending Hennig flying. Austin stomps away some more then picks Hennig up. Stunner…no, Hennig sends Austin off the ropes and catches him with an elbow. Now Hennig gets some stomps to the back of the head. Austin gets to his feet, but Hennig continues the offense with more chops. Austin sends Hennig off the ropes. He misses the clothesline, but catches Hennig with a Lou Thesz Press on the way back! Austin punches away at Hennig, then comes off the ropes and gets a falling forarm. 1…2…Hennig kicks out. Hennig reverses an Irish Whip and catches Austin in a sleeper! Austin gets some elbows but Hennig holds on. Austin outright lowblows Hennig with a back kick, and the referee lets it fly! Austin comes off the ropes but Hennig trips him. Hennig grabs Austin’s feet then gets a legdrop right in the groin of Austin!

Hennig showboats to the crowd, then hits Austin with a running knee as he tried to get up! Hennig then props Austin up in the corner, only to snapmare him out…then hits a somersault cutter with Austin in the sitting position! Hennig picks and sets Austin up…Hennig-Plex connects! 1…2…Austin kicks out and Hennig is shocked! Hennig rolls to the outside and grabs a chair as he looks to finish Austin off. Chairshot misses, and Austin slugs away at Hennig! Austin sends Hennig off the ropes and catches him with a spinebuster! Hennig tries to crawl to his feet and ends up on the ropes, where Austin leaps and crashes onto him with all his weight! Hennig comes out of the ropes dazed, and Austin hits a boot and the Stunner! 1…2…3! Post-match Austin takes some of his beer and pours it on Hennig!

Winner: Stone Cold Steve Austin via pinfall in 11:04

As Austin celebrates, Triple H comes from the crowd and grabs the chair Hennig tried to use! Austin ducks out of the way and runs up the ramp, escaping HHH for now! Austin flips HHH off on his way up the ramp!

Booker T: “What happened out there sucka? Got your ass handed to you again?”

Curt Hennig: “You talking again Booker? Maybe you and I get into the ring and I’ll smack that talk out of your mouth!”

Booker T: “Yeah, that’s what you want to do? Souled Out. You be there, and we’ll see who smacks the talk out of who’s mouth.”

We cut to Kevin Kelly with the WCW World Champion Kurt Angle.

Kevin Kelly: Kurt Angle you are only thirteen days away from going one on one with The Giant. I’ve got to ask you, what were you thinking when you decided to slap the man in the face?”

Kurt Angle: “Now hold on a second Kelly. You really think I’m going to let The Giant try to scare me? I slapped him in the face to show him who the boss is! The Giant thinks just because he changed his name to his old WCW name he thinks he owns the place! Well let me tell you this Kelly. The WCW World Championship isn’t leaving my shoulder at Souled Out no matter what The Giant does. There are friends, family even, telling me I should be worried for my career at the hands of The Giant. Well quite frankly I’m looking forward to it. Souled Out is an appropriate name for a Pay-Per-View. Because when it comes to the WCW Title I don’t have a soul. If I have to end the Giant’s career like I ended Ric Flair’s, well then that’s how it’s going to go. It’s true, it’s damn true!”

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Essa Rios

They lock-up and Chavo gets a headlock to start. Rios tries to reverse, but Chavo gets a fireman’s carry and a quick cover, 1…2…kickout from Rios. Rios trips Chavo up and gets a cover, 1…2…kickout from Chavo. Both men kip up, and Chavo piefaces Rios! Rios slaps Chavo, stunning him. Chavo misses the clothesline, and Rios catches him with a flying headscissors. Rios leapfrogs Chavo, and Chavo counters the armdrag into a monkey flip…but Rios lands on his feet! Rios comes off the ropes and tries to slide under Chavo, but gets caught, allowing Chavo to punch him in the back over and over. German suplex attempt from Chavo, but Rios lands on his feet again! Spinning heel kick from Rios! Chavo runs at Rios and Rios backdrops him over the ropes and Chavo lands on the apron.

Rios tries to get Chavo up to the top rope, but up there Chavo punches him off. Rios backflips off the top, then Chavo somersaults off, missing Rios but landing on his feet! Rios runs right into a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Belly to back suplex from Chavo. Chavo looks to lock Rios into the Gory Guerrero Special, but Rios turns it into a victory roll, 1…2…Chavo just kicks out! Chavo takes Rios right back down with a clothesline. Rios gets right back to his feet, and he and Chavo slug it out! Dropkick knocks Chavo down. Back body drop from Rios! Chavo retreats to the corner, and Rios misses a charging flying leg lariat, crashing into the corner. Chavo props Rios on the top rope, but Rios punches Chavo off. Rios jumps to switch positions on the top rope, then hits a moonsault! 1…2…3!

Winner: Essa Rios via pin in 6:42

Scott Hudson
: “That may put Essa Rios in line for a WCW Cruiserweight title shot, but we still don’t know the status of Kidman. Hopefully we’ll get more information about what’s going on with him and Raven on RISE.”

Diamond Dallas Page
and Torrie Wilson are with Jeremy Borash.

Jeremy Borash: DDP what led to you to take up for Torrie, and are you worried about any repercussions from Tajiri or William Regal?

Diamond Dallas Page: “What led to me taking up for Torrie? You blind Borash?”

DDP gets the cameraman to get full view of Torrie

Diamond Dallas Page: “Now that we’re done with the stupid questions. Look, you treat a woman the way Regal and Tajiri did, that makes you a scumbag and I ain’t gonna stand for it. And that goes for anyone. As for Souled Out, I’m going to call it right now. I’ve been looking for something to light that fire under me for one more big run. And dropping the commish with the Diamond Cutter at Souled Out seems like a great way to do that. And Tajiri, you come close to this beautiful woman right here, I’ll drop you right next to Regal. So come on, and bring it on monkey boys!”

Mike Tenay
hypes up the upcoming Women’s Division match.

Mike Tenay: “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a really interesting Women’s matchup tonight. The first competitor, Ivory, defected to the Alliance during InVasion. She is a former three time WWF Women’s Champion, and has had successful title defenses against the likes of Chyna. Her opponent is someone who was Team WWF during InVasion, but has decided to come to WCW to compete in the division. Her opponent tonight is a two-time WWF Women’s Champion as well and someone who has competed for the WCW World Television Championship in WCW…Jacqueline! These two have a history, this should be a good one!”

Jacqueline vs. Ivory

Jacqueline and Ivory come face to face and start yelling at one another. There’s no love lost here! Ivory gets the first shot in, then runs away as Jackie chases her around the ring. Ivory slides in and Jackie gets on the apron, and gets a sunset flip. Ivory drops to her knees for the pinning combination, 1…2…Jackie counters by completing the sunset flip, 1…2…Ivory kicks out. They double clothesline one another that slows down the match. Jackie is first up and gets in some kicks to the midsection, then grabs Ivory by the hair and tosses her across the ring! Another cover, 1…2…Ivory kicks out. Big forearm takes down Jackie, and then Ivory pounds away. Jackie turns that around and punches away at Ivory!

Ivory gets back the advantage, trapping Jackie in the corner and hitting shoulder thrusts. Ivory Irish whips Jackie into the opposite corner and goes for a bulldog, but Jackie counters by tossing her mid bulldog! Ivory gets a shot to the eyes to get back control. Ivory goes for an arm ringer, but Jackie grabs the top rope and flips over, fixing her arm, and takes Ivory out with a clothesline! Big elbow drop by Jackie and a cover, 1…2…Ivory just kicks out. Jackie picks Ivory up and drops Ivory with a DDT! 1…2…3!

Winner: Jacqueline via pinfall in 4:54

We quickly cut away to the parking lot as Triple H has found Stone Cold! HHH and Austin slug it out, and HHH tosses Austin onto Shane McMahon’s limousine! HHH continues punching away before security and officials come to break them up…but they struggle to as HHH will not be denied. HHH throws Austin into a pillar before finally breaking them up..

Until Austin breaks free and gets a cheap shot on HHH! Austin stomps HHH low when he’s on the ground before they finally get broken up! Shane McMahon arrives and tells both of them that they’ll get a No DQ Match at Souled Out, but that both are suspended for next week’s Nitro!

Scott Hudson
: “Before our main event tonight, some Souled Out information. It was announced on wcwecwwrestling.com over the weekend that The Dudley Boyz will face Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo, Kronik and The Faces of Fear in a Four Way Elimination Match. But next week, we will see them in an eight man tag. The Dudleyz will team with the Faces of Fear against Kronik, O’Haire and Palumbo!”

The Giant vs. Test

Test stands right up to the Giant and shoves him, and Giant shoves him right back. Test comes back with a big clothesline, but there’s little effect as The Giant barely moves. Giant misses a clothesline, and Test starts firing away with big punches. Giant shrugs them off and grabs Test by the throat and tosses him into the corner. Huge knees to the midsection by The Giant. Giant asks the crowd to quiet, which they boo, and he hits a massive chop. Giant tosses Test across the ring like he’s nothing! Big shot to the back from the Giant. Giant lifts Test up and gets a side backbreaker. Cover, 1…2…Test kicks out. Giant sends Test into the corner, but Test moves out of the way of the charging Giant! Test gets a headlock, trying to take the Giant down, but the Giant counters with a belly to back suplex! Kurt Angle makes his way down to the ring, and The Giant sees him…and doesn’t look happy.

Giant drops a huge elbow, but Test moves out of the way. Test takes advantage by stomping away at The Giant, then once again grabs the headlock now that he has the Giant down. The Giant’s too powerful though and quickly gets back to his feet, and this time he sends Test off the ropes…and takes him out with a roundhouse kick! Cover, 1…2…Test kicks out. Test gets back to his feet, but stumbles right into a Giant bearhug! Giant yells at Angle, tells him that “this is his future!” Test escapes by smashing the Giant’s head with both of his arms. He comes off the ropes, but the Giant lifts Test over his head! Test is able to slide back to land on his feet. Test comes off the ropes and hits the Giant with a big clothesline, but the Giant stays on his feet! Test hits another one, and the Giant is rocking, but still stands on his feet. Test comes from the corner, but this time he ducks a clotheline, then comes back and gets the big boot! The Giant goes down and Test gets the cover, 1…2…Giant powers out!

Test can’t believe it and heads to the top rope. Flying elbow connects, but the Giant lands on the ropes and doesn’t go down. Test calls for another boot, but the Giant catches the foot and knocks Test down with a big clothesline! Giant tells Angle that “this one is for him”. Giant grabs Test by the throat, but Test escapes! Test comes off the ropes, but Giant catches him with a huge sidewalk slam! Giant then takes Test, and this time hits the Chokeslam! 1…2…3!

Winner: The Giant via pinfall in 10:38

Kurt Angle
slides into the ring, but The Giant sees him before he’s able to do anything. Angle holds the WCW World Championship up as Nitro goes off the air!

Quick Results

Rob Van Dam pinned Christian

Stone Cold Steve Austin pinned Curt Hennig

Essa Rios pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Jacqueline pinned Ivory

The Giant pinned Test

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Roster Updates

Jacqueline
Former WCW and WWF star has come in to ramp up the Women’s division

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

ECW RISE
January 17, 2002
Municipal Auditorium
Kansas City, MO

We see…Gregory Helms in a 1920s reporter outfit…

Gregory Helms:
“This just in…Billy Kidman was found congregating with the enemy! Raven’s Warriors are only getting stronger…but there is a hope! Word is tonight on ECW RISE, The Hurricane gets to the bottom of the situation!”

The theme of ECW plays
, and then we cut to Joey Styles.

Joey Styles: “Hello everyone at home I’m Joey Styles. As you just saw it looks like The Hurricane is going to confront…Raven? No idea what’s happening there. But we do have a big show tonight, as we have Luna Vachon vs. Jazz and also, ECW World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is here in Kansas City! And well, it looks like we have company…”

R-Killa comes out through the audience, just like last week.

R-Killa: “Last week, I came out here, calling out the politics of all the professional wrestling companies. Paul Heyman came out saying he wanted to talk. But I got no phone call, no letter, no nothing. What the hell? I will be heard! I will do whatever it takes to get the attention of whatever PT Barnum runs this place! I ain’t gonna go back there to talk to you. I want to do this in public, right in the ring. That way no one can change the facts of what happens to their benefit! And I’m sitting here until someone comes out here to either talk or try to move me!”

R-Killa gets a chair and sits in the ring, and Paul Heyman makes his way out.

Paul Heyman: “First off, Ron…I can call you Ron, right?”

R-Killa: “No, no you can’t. Show me some damn respect and call me by my name!”

Paul Heyman: “Ok, alright. Well I want you to know that I’m a big fan of R-Killa! I spent the week talking to Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and I think we can work out a sport for you. But you’re going to have to earn it.”

R-Killa: “What I have to do? Just make it clear. No tricks. No loopholes. Who I gotta beat?”

Paul Heyman: “There’s an ECW alumni in the back, making his return tonight. And that’s the main event. You beat him, you got yourself a job!”

R-Killa: “So you still gonna disrespect me by not telling me? Fine. But when I win tonight, you better tell your big man Brock that I’m comin’ for him too!”

Joey Styles:
“Oh no..it looks like Raven got to Kidman afterall…”

Kidman comes out with Raven and Mikey Whipwreck, and Kidman is wearing black like he did years ago as a member of the Flock.

Raven: “As you see here, there’s no amount of time that can break the bond that I’ve created. Three and a half years ago Kidman left me for greener pastures. But now he sees that the only path of salvation is via fighting my war. I wel….”

“STAND BACK, THERE’S A HURRICANE COMING THROUGH!”

Hurricane and Nova run down (with The Blue Meanie following)…

Billy Kidman and Mikey Whipwreck (w/Raven) vs. The Hurricane and Nova (w/The Blue Meanie)

Hurricane and Nova attack Whipwreck, and Kidman stands on the apron. Whipwreck tries to fight back, but Hurricane and Nova get him with a double flying clothesline. Hurricane looks at Kidman, asking him what he’s thinking, but Kidman just stands motionless on the apron. Hurricane and Nova double dropkick Whipwreck into Kidman, daring him to make a tag. Raven tells Kidman to, but then Raven gets attacked by The Blue Meanie! Raven gets a low blow and spikes Meanie with an Evenflow DDT on the floor. Kidman jumps into the ring…and hits Raven with a springboard Shooting Star Press! It was a fakeout! Nova nails Whipwreck with the Kryponite Krunch! Kidman comes off the top and nails his partner with a Shooting Star Press! Hurricane covers, 1…2…3!

Winners: The Hurricane and Nova when Hurricane pinned Whipwreck in 2:04

Malice, Stasiak
and Shannon Moore run out, but Kidman, Hurricane and Meanie flee through the crowd! Raven looks particularly pissed off and throws a chair that catches Whipwreck in the face!

We get a quick cut to Rob Van Dam.

Rob Van Dam: “Hey, it’s everyone’s favorite wrestler, Rob Van Dam. Now, I know some might be disappointed that I didn’t win the six pack challenge last week. But it’s okay because I’m going to leave Souled Out with some gold anyway. Then after I get the next shot at Brock, I’ll be the ECW World Champion and WCW United States Champion. Now, onto next week. Everyone gets to see a small preview of Souled Out when I take on Tajiri. Can’t say the way he treated Torrie Wilson was cool at all, so I might as well just kicks his ass just for that. Tajiri next week, US Champ at Souled Out, then Brock’s next. Then I’ll be a double champion, and I’ll still be Rob…Van…Dam!”

Luna Vachon vs. Jazz

Luna jumps right at Jazz and hits a clothesline. Crossbody from Luna, 1…2…kickout from Jazz. Jazz knocks Luna down with a hard clothesline of her own. She props Luna up in the corner and hits a vicious elbow. Jazz hits some big chops, but Luna fires with chops of her own! Scoop slam from Luna! Luna heads to the top rope, but misses the missile dropkick! Jazz tosses Luna onto the apron, then hits her with a elbow that sends her crashing into the steel railing! Jazz tries to send Luna into the barricade again, but Luna counters and Jazz hits into it hard! Luna takes a steel chair and tosses it into the ring. She drags Jazz up to the apron, and suplexes her back in the hard way! Luna sets up the chair in the middle of the ring, but jazz reverses the Irish Whip and hits a drop toe hold into the chair! 1…2…Luna just kicks out!

Jazz picks up Luna and hits a snap suplex. She then grabs Luna by the hair and tosses her across the ring! She follows up with a STO, and Luna’s head smashes against the chair! Jazz covers, 1…2…Luna just kicks out again! Jazz stomps away at Luna, then puts the chair on her face! Jazz leaps high up, but Luna moves and Jazz legdrops the chair! Luna grabs the chair and throws it right in Jazz’s face! Luna locks in a Boston Crab! Jazz tries to fight out of it, but Luna turns it into a Cloverleaf! Luna then releases and elbowdrops Jazz in the back of the neck! Cover, 1…2…Jazz kicks out.

Luna lifts up Jazz and gets Snake Eyes, followed by a spinning facebuster. Luna heads to the top rope. She hits the Luna Eclipse! 1...2…Jazz just gets her shoulder up to Luna’s shock! Luna heads to the top rope again, but the Lunasault misses! Jazz takes the chair and whacks Luna right in the back! She grabs Luna by the hair and hits the Jazz Stinger on the chair! 1…2…3!

Winner: Jazz via pinfall in 8:37

Joey Styles:
“My god these women just beat the hell one another! Well things are going to heat up now, as Bam Bam Bigelow is coming out here!”

Bigelow helps Luna to her feet, and gives her a fist bump as Luna heads to the back.

Bam Bam Bigelow: “Yeah Brock Lesnar. We know you’re big and bad but I’m the baddest that there is. So let’s do this thing so I can give you a little taste of Bam Bam Bigelow!"

Brock Lesnar wastes no time coming out to confront Bam Bam Bigelow as Paul Heyman runs out begging him not to. Lesnar pays no attention and gets right in Bigelow’s face.

Bam Bam Bigelow: “I’m gonna make this simple. At Souled Out I’m gonna do what I do. In this case, I’m gonna put your ass through the ring and take back the ECW World title!”

Paul Heyman: “Now wait, wait, wait! I think everyone’s excited for The Battle of the Beasts at Souled Out. But Bam Bam Bigelow you have to understand that as great an ECW World Heavyweight Champion that you once were, your time has passed! Brock Lesnar is an evolution of beast that you’ve never, ever faced before. Now, I for one would like to continue to see Bam Bam Bigelow here in ECW. But if you face Brock Lesnar at Souled Out that might be your last match!”

Bam Bam Bigelow: “Oh is that right? How about I squash him right now and maybe he doesn’t make it to Souled Out!”

Brock tries to attack Bigelow, but Heyman gets in front of him, begging him not to do it.

Bam Bam Bigelow: “We really gonna let Heyman stop you? What a bitch!”

Brock tosses Heyman aside and explodes at Bigelow. Lesnar gets huge punches at Bigelow and then lifts him for the F5…but Bigelow slides behind him. Bigelow then presses Lesnar over his head…and Bigelow tosses him onto the floor! Bam Bam pounds his chest as Heyman looks like he’s about to have a heart attack! Lesnar backs away as Bigelow stands tall in the ring! Lesnar yells at Heyman and Heyman apologizes to him…although not clear for what exactly!

Joey Styles:
“I never in my life thought I would see Brock Lesnar manhandled like that! Bam Bam Bigelow is still a forced to be reckoned with and you don’t want to miss the Battle of the Beasts at Souled Out! Now, here comes R-Killa and he’s about to face an ECW alumni...who is it going to be?”

Once R-Killa gets into the ring, Kid Rock’s “Bawitdaba” plays as the opponent is Kid Kash!

Joey Styles:
“It’s Kid Kash! Former ECW Television Champion Kid Kash! R-Killa is going to have his hands full here tonight!”

Kid Kash vs. R-Killa

R-Killa goes for the attack right away, but Kid Kash fires back and gets the advantage! They trade shots, and Kash has the advantage. He stomps away at Killa in the corner, then goes for a Bronco Buster…but R-Killa lifts his body up to the top rope and Kash crashes groin first into the corner. Missile dropkick off the top connects! Kash tries to get up, but R-Killa punches away. Kid Kash reverses the Irish whip, but R-Killa counters the hiptoss and gets one of his own. Vertical flip armdrag from R-Killa. Then another armdrag! Killa gets some more shots, but Kash fires back. Kash goes for a big one, but R-Killa backdrops him onto the apron. Jumping sidekick sends Kash flying off the apron! Killa tosses Kash to the steel steps, but Kash leaps onto of them! Kash comes flying with a crossbody, but R-Killa catches him and slams him onto the floor!

R-Killa gets a little cocky, and the lets Kash reverse an Irish whip into the barricade. Kash takes a chair and throws it in R-Killa’s face! R-Killa crawls back into the ring, and Kash comes flying off the top with a clothesline! Cover, 1…2…R-Killa kicks out. Kash kicks Killa in the ribs as he looks to stand back up, then gets a knee to the midsection. Slingshot vertical suplex from Kash, 1…2…Killa kicks out! Kash hits some chops, but an Irish whip is reversed, and Killa does a split and punches Kash right in the nuts! Twisting Scissors Kick from R-Killa! 1…2….Kid Kash just kicks out! R-Killa sends Kash into the corner, but Kash leaps up, and comes flying at R-Killa, landing with his legs on his head and getting a hurricanrana! Cover by Kid Kash, 1…2…R-Killa just kicks out!

Snapmare from Kid Kash, then Kash dropkicks R-Killa in the back of the head! R-Killa reverses an Irish Whip in the corner, and catches Kid Kash on the charge…dropping him with a reverse wheelbarrow slam! Cover, 1…2…Kash just kicks out! Kash returns the favor with a low blow of his own, then DDTs R-Killa! Kid Kash heads to the corner on the opposite side of the ring…and misses a long somersault legdrop as R-Killa moves! R-Killa sets Kash on the top rope, and gets a top rope fall away slam! R-Killa sets Kash up for the Complete Shot, but instead does a forward one arm slam (the Rock Bottom)! Cover, 1…2…3!

Winner: R-Killa via pinfall in 10:27

R-Killa:
“I’ll see you next week Paul Heyman! You better be a man of your word!”

Quick Results

The Hurricane and Nova defeated Billy Kidman and Mikey Whipwreck when Hurricane pinned Whipwreck

Jazz pinned Luna Vachon

R-Killa pinned Kid Kash

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Roster Updates

Kid Kash –
Former ECW Television Champion is back!

Gardsy

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post ever (but I've been a long time BTB'er), so feel free to not take any of my feedback into account .

I enjoyed both Nitro and RISE, they did flow together and there was a lot to like about your shows. The booking itself was fun – although you may have gone to the well with Stone Cold run-ins over the past few weeks. There’s nothing wrong with that, because it’s definitely something that your Stone Cold would do, but just be wary of creating too many similar story beats.

The other funny thing I wanted to quickly point out (and this was on the Nitro before this, sorry!), was Shane refusing to make the world championship match because the card was booked, then two segments later making the Jamie Noble match. Nothing wrong with that – I can see why the World Championship match needs higher billing than that, I just thought it was funny.

I really like what you’ve got brewing with Curt Hennig and Booker T, that gets me excited to read Souled Out.

I do want to touch on something that you do occasionally but that I would like to see you do a lot more of. You use little snippets of body language throughout the promos you write, but there’s not enough. There’s so much you can use to accentuate your dialogue moments – because the dialogue you write for most characters was fine – if not pretty fun – but there’s only so much you can do with sentence structure and punctuation. Give me moments like Christian’s fake smile – that alone has so much potential to give me an insight into his character. If done correctly, you can tell me more about these characters through those little inserts than through dialogue alone. This isn’t something that you have to do, but it goes a long way in making us love your characters – face or heel.

Brock and Bam Bam’s segment was fun, and I like that he was able to goad such a reaction out of him – especially with Heyman trying to hold him back. I enjoyed that, it was a good character moment for both of them that you can build on. Heyman doesn’t have full control of Brock, because Brock can be easily talked into doing what the other person wants, so I hope you use that going forward.

Just to draw on my point on earlier – can you tell these are pretty rapid fire thoughts – your matches are just move for move for move. While that does do what it needs to do, I’d love to see some more character use in your matches. For a quick example: “Kash hits some chops, but an Irish whip is reversed, and Killa does a split and punches Kash right in the nuts! Twisting Scissors Kick from R-Killa! 1…2….Kid Kash just kicks out!” Kid Kash just got punched in the no-no-area. How does the crowd react when he kicks out, how does R-Killa react when he kicks out! Is it a kickout where Kash grabs at his privates straight away or where he is still breathing heavy, stoked that he kicked out. Just let big moments like that breathe – it won’t be too much extra work but will let your matches really shine and progress the story you’re trying to tell.

As I said, I enjoyed both Nitro and RISE and I can see what you’re trying to do. There’s a lot there to like, but I just want more character out of your… well… your characters if that makes sense. Looking forward to the next one!

Reactions: RDT

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Hi, this is my first post ever (but I've been a long time BTB'er), so feel free to not take any of my feedback into account .

I enjoyed both Nitro and RISE, they did flow together and there was a lot to like about your shows. The booking itself was fun – although you may have gone to the well with Stone Cold run-ins over the past few weeks. There’s nothing wrong with that, because it’s definitely something that your Stone Cold would do, but just be wary of creating too many similar story beats.

The other funny thing I wanted to quickly point out (and this was on the Nitro before this, sorry!), was Shane refusing to make the world championship match because the card was booked, then two segments later making the Jamie Noble match. Nothing wrong with that – I can see why the World Championship match needs higher billing than that, I just thought it was funny.

I really like what you’ve got brewing with Curt Hennig and Booker T, that gets me excited to read Souled Out.

I do want to touch on something that you do occasionally but that I would like to see you do a lot more of. You use little snippets of body language throughout the promos you write, but there’s not enough. There’s so much you can use to accentuate your dialogue moments – because the dialogue you write for most characters was fine – if not pretty fun – but there’s only so much you can do with sentence structure and punctuation. Give me moments like Christian’s fake smile – that alone has so much potential to give me an insight into his character. If done correctly, you can tell me more about these characters through those little inserts than through dialogue alone. This isn’t something that you have to do, but it goes a long way in making us love your characters – face or heel.

Brock and Bam Bam’s segment was fun, and I like that he was able to goad such a reaction out of him – especially with Heyman trying to hold him back. I enjoyed that, it was a good character moment for both of them that you can build on. Heyman doesn’t have full control of Brock, because Brock can be easily talked into doing what the other person wants, so I hope you use that going forward.

Just to draw on my point on earlier – can you tell these are pretty rapid fire thoughts – your matches are just move for move for move. While that does do what it needs to do, I’d love to see some more character use in your matches. For a quick example: “Kash hits some chops, but an Irish whip is reversed, and Killa does a split and punches Kash right in the nuts! Twisting Scissors Kick from R-Killa! 1…2….Kid Kash just kicks out!” Kid Kash just got punched in the no-no-area. How does the crowd react when he kicks out, how does R-Killa react when he kicks out! Is it a kickout where Kash grabs at his privates straight away or where he is still breathing heavy, stoked that he kicked out. Just let big moments like that breathe – it won’t be too much extra work but will let your matches really shine and progress the story you’re trying to tell.

As I said, I enjoyed both Nitro and RISE and I can see what you’re trying to do. There’s a lot there to like, but I just want more character out of your… well… your characters if that makes sense. Looking forward to the next one!

Appreciate the notes/feedback and thanks for stopping by. As noted in the first post there are all re-posts through mid-May, so unfortunately any stylistic changes won't come until then. It's something I'll keep in mind when we get to new, fresh shows again.

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
ECW_Hardcore_TV.jpg

ECW Hardcore TV
January 19, 2002
Municipal Auditorium
Kansas City, MO

Joey Styles: “
Welcome everyone to ECW Hardcore TV! This week, it’s hardcore action! Mike Awesome will be in action later tonight. Our main event, Kidman leads The Hurricane, Nova and The Blue Meanie against Raven’s flunkies, Shannon Moore, Stasiak, Mikey Whipwreck and Malice. We have a lot to talk about as Souled Out is 8 days away…but first, let’s get to our opening contest, a rematch from Worldwide a couple of weeks ago! It’s the ECW debut of both AJ Styles and Kaz Hayashi!”

AJ Styles vs. Kaz Hayashi

Styles and Hayashi lock up, and Hayashi gets an arm wringer and is able to power Styles to the mat…but Styles kips up and flips Hayashi down. He sends Hayashi off the ropes and gets a perfect dropkick! 1…2…Hayashi kicks out. Hayashi backdrops Styles over the top rope, but he lands on the apron. Styles leaps over a trip attempt, and uses the ropes to get a kick to the head. Styles goes for a springboard…but Hayashi catches him with a punch. Hayashi dropkicks Styles off the apron into the railing! Hayashi comes off the ropes and flies over the top with a corkscrew somersault plancha! Hayashi makes a throat slash gesture, then sends Styles into the ring steps.

Hayashi rolls Styles back in and gets on the apron, but Styles catches a springboard attack with the Pelè! Styles makes the cover, 1…2…Hayashi just kicks out. Snapmare from Styles, and he kicks Hayashi right in the back! Styles follows up with a half crab…as Taka Michinoku makes his way down to the ring? Styles notices but keeps the hold on…until he’s dropkicked in the back of the head by Yang! Yang and Taka beat the hell out of Styles! Taka picks up Styles and plants him with the Michinoku Driver! Hayashi makes the cover, 1…2…3!

Winner: Kaz Hayashi via pinfall in 5:00

Taka, Hayashi and Yang
beat up Styles some more, and they set him up in the corner. Taka prepares a Tornado DDT, but Jerry Lynn runs in and Taka, Hayashi and Yang run off! Lynn checks on Styles, who while weary seems surprised that Lynn came to his aid!

We have a lot to break down about RISE last week, and the upcoming RISE this week. The first big piece of news is that Ron Killings, or R-Killa as he’s being called now, has signed a contract with the Alliance after his victory over former ECW World Television Champion Kid Kash. We will see R-Killa against the man he confronted earlier this month, Jamie Noble! Also this past week, we had an exceptionally violent match between Luna Vachon and Jazz. I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of those two and I’m glad we’re going to be inserting some extreme in the women’s division. Now, since I’m obligated to plug Nitro, Billy Kidman put one over on Raven on RISE, which honestly was the best thing I’d seen all week! Kidman will be defending the WCW Cruiserweight Championship on Nitro this Monday! Now of course the biggest news as Mike Awesome makes his way down to the ring, Bam Bam Bigelow punked out ECW World Champion Brock Lesnar. In one of the most shocking things I’ve ever seen, Bigelow pressed Lesnar over his head and tossed him to the floor like he was nothing! Lesnar is 290 pounds! The Battle of the Beasts is in 8 days for the ECW World Championship!

Chris Chetti vs. Mike Awesome (w/Justin Credible)

Chetti fires away at Awesome, but Awesome gets a knee to the midsection and tosses Chetti to the outside. Awesome goes for an over the top rope dive, but Chetti moves out of the way and Awesome crashes to the floor! Chetti slides Awesome into the ring and goes for the cover, 1…2…Awesome powers out. Spinning heel kick from Chetti! Chetti heads to the apron, double springboard moonsault connects! Chetti decides to celebrate and even dance, but Awesome gets back to his feet! Chetti is shocked and comes off the ropes, but Credible whacks him in the back of the head with a Singapore cane! Huge spinebuster by Awesome! Credible slides a table in and Awesome sets it up. Awesome takes Chetti to the top rope…then Awesome Bombs him through the table! 1…2…3!

Winner: Mike Awesome by pinfall in 3:04

Joey Styles:
Next Sunday, it is WCW/ECW Souled Out! As I mentioned earlier tonight, it’s The Battle of the Beasts as ECW World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar faces a former ECW World and Television Champion Bam Bam Bigelow. We saw last week, Bigelow manhandled the world champion which frankly I didn’t know was possible. Also, the WCW United States Championship is on the line, and we have a few members of the ECW roster in that one. The WCW United States Champion Tazz takes on Tajiri, Rob Van Dam and Christian. Next week on RISE we will see Rob Van Dam take on Tajiri! Also, and I’m sure we may get some developments soon, but in a non-title match WCW Cruiserweight Champion faces, perhaps it’s correct to say a former mentor of his, Raven. I’m sure you’ll get more of the scoop about the WCW matches at Souled Out on Nitro. Let’s get to our main event!”

Billy Kidman, The Hurricane, Nova and The Blue Meanie vs. Shannon Moore, Stasiak, Mikey Whipwreck and Malice

Kidman, Hurricane, Nova and Meanie attack, and they send Moore, Stasiak and Whipwreck to the outside. Malice knocks Meanie down, but then gets triple dropkicked to the outside by Kidman, Hurricane and Nova! Malice comes back in and Meanie hits some forearms, but Malice counters into a short arm clothesline. Malice tags in Shannon Moore. Moore legdrops Meanie and covers, 1..2…Meanie kicks out. Running clothesline from Meanie, and he tags in Hurricane! Hurricane off the top, hits the crossbody! 1…2…Stasiak comes in and breaks it up, and quickly an eight man brawl breaks out! Kidman, Hurricane and Nova come flying off the top rope, taking out Moore, Stasiak and Whipwreck…while Meanie hits a moonsault on Malice!

Kidman hits Moore with a facebuster. Nova gets tagged back in and sets Moore up, Kyptonite Krunch connects! Malice runs in with a chair and blasts Nova! Kidman hits Malice with a springboard dropkick, kicking the chair in Malice’s face! Meanie drops a moonsault on Moore, and then Kidman follows up with the Shooting Star Press, 1…2…3!

Winners: Kidman, Hurricane, Nova and Blue Meanie when Kidman pinned Moore in 3:49

Raven
slides into the ring and plants Blue Meanie with the Evenflow DDT! He backdrops Hurricane over the top rope and then sends Nova flying over the top into Hurricane. Raven doesn’t attack Kidman though, but Kidman dares him to bring it on. Raven does his standard pose, then slides out of the ring (not even helping his Warriors)! Kidman checks on Meanie as the show goes off the air!

Quick Results

Kaz Hayashi pinned AJ Styles

Mike Awesome pinned Chris Chetti

Billy Kidman, The Hurricane, Nova and The Blue Meanie defeated Shannon Moore, Stasiak, Mikey Whipwreck and Malice when Kidman pinned Moore

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Roster Updates

Taka Michinoku
Taka last wrestled for the WWF in October. Has wrestled for ECW multiple times in his career, including at the first ECW PPV Barely Legal. Was the first WWF Light Heavyweight Champion (at least under the WWF banner)
YangMember of the Jung Dragons in WCW 2000, and he’s now reunited with Kaz Hayashi

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
WCWNitro.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
January 21, 2002
Kemper Arena
Kansas City, MO

Scott Hudson
: “Welcome everyone to Nitro! We’re kicking things off with a huge six-man tag team match. We have a HUGE show set for you tonight!”

Diamond Dallas Page, Tazz and Rob Van Dam (w/Torrie Wilson) vs. Christian, Tajiri and William Regal

Regal cheapshots DDP to kick off the match, trapping him in the corner and hitting European uppercuts. DDP fires back with big punches, and backdrops Regal. DDP tags in Tazz, and Regal tags in Christian. Angry man clothesline takes out Christian! Tazz sets Christian up for a belly to belly suplex, but Christian gets a knee to the midsection to break out. Christian punches away in the corner, but Tazz fires back! Tazz then hooks Christian and gets the belly to belly Tazplex! Cover, 1…2…Tajiri comes in to break it up, and Tazz knocks him out of the ring when he tried to escape. This distraction allows Christian to get an inverted DDT on Tazz. Christian tags in Tajiri, who stomps away on Tazz. Tajiri sends Tazz off the ropes and gets a spinning heel kick. Tajiri then snarls at Torrie.

Tajiri locks Tazz in a headlock, but Tazz powers out and drops Tajiri on his head with a suplex! Tazz tags in RVD…but Regal had the referee distracted and he didn’t see it, not allowing the tag! Christian drags Tazz into the corner and he, Tajiri and Regal triple team him. Regal takes over again and hits Tazz with a neckbreaker. Cover, 1…2…Tazz kicks out. Tajiri springboards off the ropes and hits Tazz with the back elbow. Tajiri whips Tazz into the corner, then hooks him up for the Tarantula! Referee utilizes his five count, but doesn’t see Torrie Wilson rake Tajiri’s eyes! Tajiri’s blinded and tries to get to his corner, but goes the wrong way while Tazz tags in Rob Van Dam!

Heel kick knocks Tajiri down! Christian comes in and RVD gets the backdrop! Kick knocks Regal off the apron! RVD monkey flips Christian out of the corner, then connects with Rolling Thunder! Spin kick knocks Tajiri down! RVD drags Tajiri to the corner and hits the Split Legged Moonsault! Regal pulls RVD by the hair and stops his momentum with a knee to the side of the head. Regal then gets a knee lift to the face. Regal drags Tajiri to his corner to tag in, and RVD tags DDP back in! DDP hits Regal with lefts and rights, then gets a couple of big chops! Discus clothesline knocks Regal off his feet! DDT from DDP! Cover, 1…2…Christian drags DDP to the outside and rams him shoulder first into the post! He rolls him back in, and Regal locks in the Regal Stretch! DDP screams in pain as Regal puts all the pressure on the shoulder, but Tazz breaks the hold up by kicking Regal in the head!

Tazz punches Regal down, but Christian hooks his arms for the Unprettier. Tazz counters by lifting Christian up and Christian goes over and lands on his feet. RVD comes flying off the top rope with a jump kick, with Tazz moving out of the way so he hits Christian! RVD heads to the top rope, but Tajiri shoves him off and he goes flying into the barricade! Torrie yells at Tajiri, who’s standing on the apron, and this lets DDP knocks Regal into Tajiri, who also goes flying into the barricade. DDP then plants Regal with the Diamond Cutter! 1…2…3!

Winners: Diamond Dallas Page, Rob Van Dam and Tazz when DDP pinned Regal in 13:12

Scott Hudson:
“What a way to kick off Nitro! Tonight, we have a huge main event, WCW World Champion Kurt Angle teams with Booker T against Curt Hennig and The Giant. Also, while both Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin were suspended for Nitro tonight, we will hear from both of them via satellite. All this and more!”

Backstage, Curt Hennig walks up to his teammate tonight, The Giant.

Curt Hennig: “Just want you to know big man I’ve got your back tonight.”

The Giant: “Heh, look Curt. I can throw you farther than I actually trust you. I…”

Curt Hennig: “To be fair, you could probably throw me pretty far.”

The Giant: “…here’s the deal. You don’t screw with me, and I don’t break you. I ain’t gonna say I trust you, let’s just get through tonight.”

The Giant walks away…

Curt Hennig: “Jeez, some tag team partner.”

Alexis Laree vs. La Felina

Laree and Felina lock-up, and Felina misses an elbow. Drop toehold from Laree into a headlock. It turns into an armbar, but Felina counters into a wristlock. Laree does a cartwheel to escape, but Felina gets a clothesline. Felina off the ropes, Laree ducks the clothesline and gets a neckbreaker. Cover, 1…2…Felina kicks out. Snapmare from Laree and then she follows up with the basement dropkick! Laree sets Felina up in the corner and gets a back kick. She sends Felina into the opposite corner, but Felina counters. Laree gets a headscissor position from a charging Felina, but Felina blocks and ends up planting Laree face first! Cover, 1…2…Laree kicks out! Felina follows up with a backbreaker and another cover, 1…2…another kickout from Laree. Flying headscissors from Felina! She slowly picks Laree back up and Laree gets a small package, 1…2…Felina kicks out!

Felina gets a dropkick to the knee, then locks Laree into a heel hook. Laree gets to the ropes. Felina whips Laree into the corner, but once again Laree catches Felina with a headscisssors when she charges in and this time she gets the frankensteiner! Laree misses the clothesline, and Felina catches her with Eat Defeat! 1…2…Laree just kicks out! Felina whips Laree off the ropes, but the Laree puts on the brakes to avoid the backdrop and spikes Felina with a Jumping DDT! 1…2…Felina just kicks out! Felina catches Laree with an elbow to slow her momentum, then catches her with some kicks. Running senton connects on the downed Laree. 1…2…, Laree kicks out again. Laree tries to punch her way back into the match, but she misses a high kick and Felina trips her. Felina props Laree up on the top rope…but Laree blocks the flying hurricanrana attempt and Felina crashes to the canvas! Laree hits a flying Thesz Press, and has the cover, 1…2…3!

Winner: Alexis Laree via pinfall in 7:22

Ladies and gentlemen, at his ranch near Victoria, Texas, we have Stone Cold Steve Austin here via satellite. Steve, are you prepared for this Sunday’s battle with Triple H at Souled Out?”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “What?”

Scott Hudson: “I asked if…”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “Shut up! I know what you asked. Listen son, I’m not really up for talking. I’m pissed off. I’m sick and tired of Triple H. I’m sick of shotting that stupid ass water from his mouth into the crowd. I’m tired of him strutting around like some kind of hot shot. He comes here, to WCW, the house that I saved and built during InVasion, and he expects to be a big star. Well uh-uh, oh no, Stone Cold Steve Austin’s got a problem with that. This son-of-a-bitch has done everything he’s possibly been able to do to another human being to me. He’s hit me with pedigrees!

What?

Chairs.

What?

Fire extinguishers.

What?

The ring post.

What?

The ring steps?

What?

Sledgehammers.

Hell the bastard even had someone run me down with a damn car. Even after all that I felt bad for him and carried his ass to the World Tag Team Championship. And he screwed that one up too. And now he cares whether or not the people cheer for him. Well I don’t. Never did. I’m doing things the same way I’ve always done them, and that’s the Stone Cold way. I am going to whip his worry ass once and for all, and that’s the bottom line…cause Stone Cold Said So!”

The Dudley Boyz (w/Stacy Keibler) and The Faces of Fear vs. Kronik, Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo

Kronik attack the Dudley Boyz right away. Adams punches away at D-Von in the corner, then knocks him down with a big boot. Palumbo tags himself in, which Adams isn’t happy about. Palumbo gets some punches in, but D-Von counters with a twisting elbow and he tags in Meng. Meng chops away at Palombo. Big slam from Meng to Palumbo. Meng tags in Barbarian, and the pummel Palumbo in the corner. Big forearms from Barbarian. He starts chocking Palumbo, but this allows Palumbo to counter with a kick and he tags in O’Haire. O’Haire comes in and takes Barbarian out with a clothesline. He then hits Meng and both Dudleyz off the apron!

The Dudleyz say “screw it” and look to leave, but Kronik chases them down the ramp and attacks! Meng comes in and attacks O’Haire, and Kronik bring the Dudleyz into the ring and we have a big brawl! Referee’s lost total control here and throws it out. The Dudleyz escape with their titles as Kronik double chokeslams their teammate Palumbo while The Faces of Fear nail O’Haire with a double big boot! Kronik and the Faces go at it until officials break them up!

Winners: No Contest at 3:27

Scott Hudson
: “These four teams will compete for the WCW World Tag Team Championship this Sunday at Souled Out! Peaking of Souled Out, we saw Diamond Dallas Page catch William Regal with the Diamond Cutter. Can we do it again this Sunday? Jeremy Borash is with DDP and Torrie."

Jeremy Borash: DDP, you’ve come up from the announcer’s desk to help Torrie Wilson, and it’s led to a match with William Regal at Souled Out. Are you fully ready to take on the Commissioner?”

Diamond Dallas Page: “Look Borash, what Regal and Tajiri were doing to Torrie wasn’t right and someone had to stand up to them. No body deserves to be treated that way. I’m ready to get back to big time. I’ve been in the gym two hours a day. I’ve been running the ropes. I’ve been slammin’ and jammin’. It’s time for one more big run for DDP and I’ve got the lovely Torrie besides me…”

Tajiri approaches Torrie, who stands behind DDP. Tajiri yells at DDP…and Regal cracks him with the brass knuckles from behind! Regal and Tajiri get out of there before officials come in to break it up! Shane McMahon specifically yells at the commissioner to “get out of here”.

Scott Hudson
and Mike Tenay explain what happened on RISE with Kaz Hayashi and AJ Styles…and how that led to the debut of Taka Michinoku. Tenay understands that part of the deal signed by Taka is that he gets a WCW Cruiserweight Championship match as a signing bonus. Hudson also brings up the recent history between Raven and Kidman, and how that’s led to Raven vs. Kidman at Souled Out.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Billy Kidman © vs. Taka Michinoku (with Kaz Hayashi and Yang)

They lock-up and Taka gets a side headlock. Taka comes off the ropes and Kidman leapfrogs him. Headscissor takedown by Kidman! Kidman slams Taka into the corner, then dropkicks him as he stumbles out. Kidman tries to hit Taka with a German suplex, but Taka land son his feet with a backflip! Kidman misses the clothesline and Taka hits a spinning heel kick. Dropkick sends Kidman to the outside. Taka leaps to the top rope and takes out Kidman with a flying springboard plancha! Taka tries to bring Kidman back into the ring the hardway with a suplex, but Kidman counters and crotches Taka on the top rope. Kidman then comes off the ropes and knocks Taka back to the outside. Hayashi and Yang check on Taka, so Kidman comes flying off the top with his own springboard plancha and takes out all three!

Kidman rolls Taka back in, then hits him with an over the top rope legdrop. Cover, 1…2…Taka kicks out. Taka surprises Kidman with a punch the midsection, then sends Kidman into the corner. Taka hits Kidman with a flying knee and lands on the apron, and follows up with a flying drop kick off the top rope to the back of the head! Cover by Taka, 1…2…Kidman kicks out! Taka goes for the Michinoku Driver, but Kidman turns it into a victory roll, 1…2….Taka kicks out! Tornado bulldog by Kidman. Kidman heads to the top rope, but Hayashi meets him up there. Kidman punches Hayashi off the apron, and then hits Yang with a missile dropkick as Yang had run into the ring to save Taka. As the referee tries to get Yang out of the ring, Raven runs in and plants Kidman with the Evenflow DDT!. Taka picks up Kidman and hits the Michinoku Driver! 1…2…3! We have a new champion!

Winner: Taka Michinoku via pinfall in 7:13 (New Champion)

Raven
escapes through the crowd, as Kidman is seen mouthing the words “I’m gonna kick his ass” when he comes to.

We see Kurt Angle doing squats in the back as Booker T approaches him.

Kurt Angle: Booker.”

Booker T: Angle, I want to make something clear. I respect the hell outta you and you know that. I know you know that. But that doesn’t mean I like you. Now tonight, I’m your tag team partner. So it doesn’t even matter if I like you or not. Tonight, we tag team partners. So I got your back tonight. But I’m coming for that belt sooner than later. Now let’s go beat The Giant. Let’s go beat Curt Hennig.”

Kurt Angle: “Well at least we know where we stand. I got your back too Booker. Lets go do this.”

Earlier tonight we heard from Stone Cold Steve Austin. Now, from his home in Greenwich, here’s Triple H. Triple H, are you prepared to face Stone Cold one more time this Sunday at Souled Out?"

Triple H: “Scott, there’s probably no one out there I know more than Steve Austin. I’ve watched the man like a hawk over the past seven months while I was recovering. And even before then, I knew everyone of his moves. I know this strengths and his weaknesses. Austin doesn’t stand a chance in hell this Sunday. Austin’s played the game before, but this game is more difficult than ever. He doesn’t stand a chance.”

Scott Hudson: “How do you feel about Stone Cold’s opinion that you’re just here to be a big shot for the fans?”

Triple H: “Scott, I’ve worked harder than any man or woman ever has in his business! I know who I am, and I know what I want out of this. Something Austin’s failed to realize is that all of this, it’s no longer about him. He WAS the WCW World Champion. And now it’s my time! I know Austin like the back of my hand. I respect that like me, Austin eats, sleeps, and breathes this business, I really do. Austin may be a student of the game, but I’ve changed all the rules because I am the Game! This may be the last showdown between Austin and myself. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to let Steve Austin get the last laugh.”

Curt Hennig and The Giant vs. Kurt Angle and Booker T

Booker gets Hennig with chops and punches in the corner. Hennig fires back, but Booker knocks him down with another good shot. Hennig and Booker lock-up, but Hennig gets an armdrag. Hennig locks in the side headlock, but Booker sends him off the ropes. Shoulder tackle by Hennig. Hennig comes off the ropes again and Booker leapfrogs him, but Hennig does a cartwheel to show off a bit. Hennig goes for a hip toss, but Booker counters into this own…and Hennig tags in the Giant. Booker goes right for him. Giant geta a big headbutt. He props Booker up in the corner and hits him with a hard slap! Giant goes for an elbow in the corner, but Booker moves and tags in Kurt Angle!

Angle looks ready to fight the Giant, but the Giant backs off, tagging Hennig back in. Angle and Hennig lock-up, and Angle gets a fireman’s carry. Angle tries to get a rear naked choke, but Hennig counters into one of his own! Angle fights out and hits the ropes, only to run right into a Curt Hennig sleeper! Hennig wears Angle down, but Angle once again fights out and this time knocks Hennig down with a clothesline. Angle tags Booker back in. Booker hits a Harlem sidekick on Hennig. He comes off the ropes, but Hennig catches him with a knee to the midsection and tags the Giant back in. Giant traps Booker in the corner and gets a couple of knees to the midsection before tossing him out like a ragdoll. The Giant then steps on Booker before literally walking on and over him! Big elbow drop! 1…2…Booker kicks out. The Giant puts all his weight on Booker, but Booker fights out with punches and kicks, and then a flying clothesline! Booker then tags in Angle!

Angle punches away at The Giant! Giant fires back with a clothesline, but it misses. More punches. Angle comes off the ropes and hits a big clothesline! He goes for a belly to belly, but The Giant headbutts Angle to stop him, then immediately gets out of there by tagging in Hennig. Hennig sets Angle up and plants him with the Hennig-Plex! 1…2…Angle kicks out. The Giant runs in and smashes a chair off Booker T’s back, then comes in and smashes it over the back of Angle! Referee calls for the bell, and then runs for his life as soon as the Giant looks his way. Hennig asks the Giant what he’s doing, but then as soon as the Giant takes a step toward him he gets out of there as well.

Winners: Kurt Angle and Booker T via DQ when the Giant attacked with a chair in 9:07

The Giant
rolls to the outside and grabs the WCW Championship belt. Angle gets to his feet, but The Giant knocks him right down with the title! The Giant, in a surprising move, sets Angle up…and hits him with a huge powerbomb! The Giant puts the WCW title on his shoulder, and then puts his foot on Angle as Nitro goes off the air!

Quick Results

Diamond Dallas Page, Tazz and Rob Van Dam defeated Christian, Tajiri and William Regal when DDP pinned Regal

Alexis Laree pinned La Felina

The Dudley Boyz and The Faces of Fear wrestled to a no-contest with Kronik, Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo

Taka Michinoku pinned Billy Kidman to win the title

Kurt Angle and Booker T defeated The Giant and Curt Hennig by DQ

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Taka Michinoku (Defeated Billy Kidman on 1-21-01)

Roster Updates

None​

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

ECW RISE
January 24, 2002
Dallas Convention Center
Dallas, TX

Billy Kidman:
“You know I thought for sure I was done with the whole ECW thing after I tricked you last week Raven. But you just can’t let things go can you. Fine. If you think I am just going to lie down after you cost me the Cruiserweight title on Nitro you have another thing coming. So yeah, we’ll play by your rules at Souled Out. I’m putting an end to this once and for all.”

The theme of ECW plays, and then we cut to Joey Styles.

Joey Styles: “Hello everyone I’m Joey Styles. We are just three days away from Souled Out! R-Killa, who beat Kid Kash last week for a contract, is headed to the ring to take on Jamie Noble!"

Jamie Noble vs. R-Killa

R-Killa attacks right away, punching Noble into the corner. Noble fires back and eventually gets R-Killa down and stomps away at him in the corner. R-Killa tries to crawl away, and Noble gets him knee strikes. A quick cover, 1…2…Killa kicks out. Noble sends Killa off the ropes and then hits him with a big forearm smash! Killa rolls to the apron, and Noble dropkicks him off and Killa hits the railing! Noble heads to the top rope and catches R-Killa on the floor with a flying knee! Noble slams R-Killa into the railing. Noble locks R-Killa in a guillotine choke on the floor right in front of the fans! Jamie Noble is showing a fire we haven’t remotely seen from him!

Noble rolls R-Kill back into the ring, then hits a legdrop. Cover, 1…2…R-Killa kicks out. Noble sends Killa into the corner, but Killa catches him with a foot to the face when Noble charges in. Noble misses a clothesline, and R-Killa comes off the ropes with a flying forearm that he calls the Lie Detector! Killa hooks Noble and goes for a vertical suplex before turning it into a facebuster. Cover, 1…2…Noble kicks out. Noble reverses an Irish whip into the corner, but R-Killa leaps over a charging Noble. R-Killa does a split to duck the clothesline, then catches Noble with a one legged dropkick to the face! Killa does his split again in the ring, and when he gets booed he flips off the crowd for good measure. R-Killa heads to the top rope and catches Noble with a missile dropkick that sends Noble retreating to the floor. R-Killa gets a full head of steam and catches Noble with a somersault plancha over the top rope!

R-Killa opens a chair on the floor and sets Noble up..and hits the Complete Shot right into the chair! That’s what took out Noble two weeks ago! R-Killa tosses Noble back into the ring then heads to the top rope. R-Killa takes tons of time, and misses the top rope legdrop as Noble had something left! R-Killa sets Noble up for the one arm slammed, known as The Truth May Set You Free, but Noble breaks free and runs the ropes. Noble floats over R-Killa, then gets an Oklahoma Roll, 1…2…R-Killa just kicks out! Noble comes off the ropes one more time, but this time he’s caught by R-Killa and gets hit with the Truth May Set You Free! 1…2…3!

Winner: R-Killa via pinfall in 9:05

R-Killa
grabs the steel chair from earlier and looks ready to blast Jamie Noble, but Kid Kash comes running down! Killa tries to hit him, but Kash ducks and catches Killa with a spinning heel kick that sends him retreating to the outside. Kash helps Noble up as we cut to commercial.

We come back to RISE with Raven and his Warriors walking through the parking lot…when he’s ambushed by Billy Kidman!. Kidman shoves Raven into a pole and gets a shot in on Shannon Moore before running off with Mikey Whipwreck chasing after him!

Joey Styles:
“I hope Kidman gives Raven the beating he deserves at Souled Out! And oh, speaking of someone else who frankly deserves a bit of an ass kicking, here comes Tajiri. Can you believe he landed Torrie Wilson and sided with William Regal? I mean who does that?”

Rob Van Dam vs. Tajiri

RVD jumpkicks in place, and Tajiri responds with a roll into a kip-up. A little showmanship there. They lock-up and RVD sends Tajiri off the ropes. RVD does a split and Tajiri cartwheels over it. RVD gets a waistlock, but Tajiri counters with a side headlock takeover. Tajiri misses an elbowdrop, RVD misses a somersault legdrop, Tajiri misses a roundhouse kick, RVD misses a roundhouse kick, and lastly they both go for a standing straight kick before ending up in fighting stances to the crowd’s delight! RVD can’t help but showboat after that one, and Tajiri kicks him right in the face mis taunt! RVD rolls to the outside. Tajiri leaps onto the apron, but RVD trips him while he’s there. RVD heads back into the ring, then comes over the top with a legdrop onto Tajiri on the apron! RVD rolls Tajir back in and brings a chair with him, but Tajiri comes flying off the ropes with a springboard which knocks the chair back into RVD’s face, and he crashes onto the floor!

Tajiri heads to the outside and hits an Asai Moonsault! Tajiri sends RVD back in and covers, 1…2…kick out from RVD. Tajiri sends RVD into the corner, but RVD gets a foot up that hits the charging Tajiri. RVD quickly turns and leaps to the top rope, but Tajiri trips him and RVD crotches the top rope, then falls into the tree of woe. Tajiri gets RVD with a chair to the midsection, then puts a chair on RVD’s face. Tajiri gets a full head of steam and hits the basement dropkick into the chair on RVD’s face! Tajiri deadlifts RVD and gets a German suplex! 1…2…RVD just kicks out! RVD reverses an Irish whip, but Tajiri hooks the arm on the clothesline attempt to go for a crucifix pin. RVD instead plants Tajiri on the canvas, leaps to the second rope and gets a moonsault! 1…2…Tajiri kicks out! RVD sends Tajiri off the ropes, but Tajiri springboards off and catches RVD with a back elbow. Tajiri catches RVD with several kicks, forcing RVD to retreat into the corner. Tajiri locks in the Tarantula…but not well enough as RVD is able to free his legs and double leg slam Tajiri back into the ring! RVD quickly goes for the split-legged moonsault, but Tajiri moves out of the way!

Tajiri drags RVD into the middle of the ring and hits a standing moonsault. Tajiri heads to the top rope, but RVD moves out of the way of the flying double stomp! Tajiri catches a RVD kick, but RVD catches him with a spinning heel kick. RVD sends Tajiri into the corner and then places a chair in the center of the ring. RVD runs at Tajiri and monkey flips him out of the corner and Tajiri lands onto the chair! Rolling Thunder by RVD! RVD heads to the top rope, Five Star Frog Splash connects! 1…2…3!

Winner: Rob Van Dam via pinfall in 12:12

Joey Styles:
Rob Van Dam has sent Tajiri a message ahead of the Four-way Elimination WCW US Championship match this Sunday at Souled Out! Speaking of championship matches at Souled Out we have one that was just added. On Nitro Taka Michinoku defeated Billy Kidman thanks to Raven to win the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. Based on what happened last week between what Taka’s new group that calls itself Michinoku Pro, AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn, Lynn will face Taka at Souled Out for the Cruiserweight Championship. When we come back, Paul Heyman has a message for Bam Bam Bigelow!”

Paul Heyman:
“This Sunday at Souled Out one of the all-time great ECW World Heavyweight Champions Bam Bam Bigelow will take one the future and present of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Brock Lesnar. “The Battle of the Beasts” as it’s been advertised as. And I’d like to tell a little story but I want Bam Bam Bigelow to be here as I tell it. So Bam Bam, please come out here.”

Bam Bam Bigelow makes his way out to the ring, but he’s clearly looking to fight, not to talk.

Paul Heyman: “Now calm down one second just calm down! I gave Brock Lesnar the night off and quite frankly I feel that’s for your benefit, not his! But listen to me, listen right now. I’ve talked about my frustrations with talent leaving me high and dry when I was trying to push Extreme Championship Wrestling to the next level. But you were different and I appreciated that. You came to me. And I was excited as I finally had that big name star. Bam Bam Bigelow was the star that would finally put ECW on the national map. He was a man who wrestled the likes of Bret Hart on worldwide Pay-Per-View! Here was someone who main evented Wrestlemania! I finally had him. And man it was working. You became ECW World Heavyweight Champion. ECW World Television Champion. I was going to make it. We were going to make it. ECW was going to make it!”

“Are you happy with what you decided to do? I know Bischoff promised you the big match with Goldberg. Well I hope it was worth it for you! They killed your career and it’s a damn shame. The only guy who knew who Bam Bam Bigelow was capable of was me. You should have been the biggest star in the business. Instead you’re a giant disappointment! I could have taken you there! We were so close in 1998! And now, years later, you’re here. Well I’ve moved on Scott! I found Brock Lesnar. And he’s going to kick your ass on Sunday. ECW will live on god damnit, but the end of Bam Bam Bigelow takes place this Sunday!”

Bam Bam Bigelow: “I don’t know what makes you think you can talk to me like that. You seem to realize who I am, but you’re forgetting I can tear you apart right now if I wanted to!”

Paul Heyman quickly jumps out of the ring, as Bam Bam continues…

Bam Bam Bigelow: “Don’t forget what happened last week. I took your prized Brock Lesnar and tossed his ass out of the ring. This Sunday I’m going to do what I do best, and that’s put Brock Lesnar’s ass through the ring. And you know I’m not joking Paul because you’ve seen me do it before. The biggest deal in wrestling is whatever I’m doing, and winning the ECW title again will be the story of Souled Out. As for years ago Paul, you need to look in the mirror. You blame everyone but yourself for the demise of the company and that shit’s on you! You go back to wherever your punk Lesnar is hiding, and you tell him that I’m going to wreck him this Sunday. This ain’t no last run. This is the next coming of Bam Bam…

Brock Lesnar’s here! Lesnar jumps Bigelow and the fight is on! Lesnar gets the upper hand at first with a front headlock, but then Bam Bam tosses him into the corner like he’s nothing. Bam Bam tries to press Lesnar over his head again, but Lesnar escapes and levels Bigelow with a clothesline! Luna Vachon runs in and jumps on Lesnar’s back! The fight continues as RISE goes off the air!

Quick Results

R-Killa pinned Jamie Noble

Rob Van Dam pinned Tajiri

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Taka Michinoku (Defeated Bily Kidman on 1-21-02)

Roster Updates

None

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
souledout.jpg

PREVIEW

Mean Gene Okerlund: Hello everyone, we are just 24 hours away from the Pay-Per-View spectacular. I’ll be here covering the great matches offered by World Championship Wrestling and we’ll send it to Joey Styles for any matches offered by Extreme Championship Wrestling. Let’s not waste any time!”

Booker T vs. Curt Hennig

Mean Gene Okerlund: Things came to a head on Monday Night Nitro after Curt Hennig was attacked by Stone Cold Steve Austin. Hennig took exception to Booker T outright mocking him about this, and that’s led to this match at Souled Out. Both men are close to the top of the rankings and you have to believe the winner here will be in line for a chance at championship gold.”

Diamond Dallas Page vs. William Regal

Mean Gene Okerlund: This match came about from a different issue between Tajiri and Torrie Wilson. When Tajiri, at the behest of William Regal, turned on Torrie, Diamond Dallas Page wouldn’t stand for it. DDP returns to the ring against the Commissioner this Sunday!”

WCW United States Championship – One Fall
Tazz © vs. Christian vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Tajiri

Mean Gene Okerlund: Speaking of Tajiri. I’ll send it to Joey Styles shortly as he can tell you more about three of the four individuals in this match. Christian has had a hell of a month to earn this opportunity. After being defeated by the debuting Triple H at Starrcade, Christian has bounced back with a victory over the Game. In his hubris, an open challenge led to a match with Rob Van Dam which Van Dam was victorious. Shane McMahon decided that Christian was deserving of a United States Championship match…but also that meant Rob Van Dam was as well. Unrelated to all of this, Commissioner Regal was proud of Tajiri’s actions against Torrie Wilson, giving him another chance at the title. Let’s send it to Joey for more information about these competitors.”

Joey Styles: Thank you Mean Gene. WCW United States Champion Tazz hasn’t forgotten the attack by Tajiri on the first RISE of the year. He’ll be looking to tear apart Tajiri for sure! Rob Van Dam came up just short in gaining another shot at the ECW World Heavyweight Championship and will be thirsty for gold.”

Taka Michinoku © vs. Jerry Lynn

Joey Styles: This just added to the card this past week. On Hardcore TV last week Taka Michinoku and Yang arrived in ECW and attacked AJ Styles during his match with Kaz Hayashi. Jerry Lynn made the save, he has had his eye on Styles for a while now. With Taka’s debut title victory on Nitro where he defeated Billy Kidman with Raven’s help, yeah we’ll get to that, Jerry Lynn now has another chance to win the Cruiserweight Championship.”

Raven’s Rules
Billy Kidman vs. Raven

Joey Styles: Harboring some past issues, and perhaps maybe realizing his new group isn’t as strong as he’d like, Raven went out to recruit former Flock member Kidman. Kidman, rightfully so, is over this whole thing and definitely wants no part of whatever Raven’s been trying to do. With that being said, unfortunately for Kidman Raven hasn’t taken no for an answer. Kidman even embarrassed him and his Warriors on RISE, pretending to be a part of the group and costing them a tag team match. Raven would get his revenge on Nitro this past week, costing Kidman the Cruiserweight Championship. We will find out if Kidman can escape Raven once and for all at Souled Out!”

ECW World Championship
Brock Lesnar © vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Joey Styles: It’s the Battle of the Beasts as Brock Lesnar takes on his toughest challenge of his career against Bam Bam Bigelow. Bigelow won a huge six-pack challenge match to win this opportunity. The very next week he took Brock Lesnar and threw him over the top rope like he was a piece of garbage! So far we’ve seen Lesnar overpower his opponents, but this time he won’t be able to do that. Can the former ECW World Heavyweight Champion take down Lesnar?”

WCW World Tag Team Championship – Four Way Elimination
The Dudley Boyz © vs. The Faces of Fear vs. Kronik vs. Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo
(10 Points)

Joey Styles:
The Dudley Boyz have proven to be more dangerous than any other team in recent memory. After their victory over Kronik at Starrcade, they’ve since taken out the likes of the Pubic Enemy. Mean Gene has more about this match-up!”

Mean Gene Okerlund: Thank you Joey, we will see you Sunday! We were unable to determine a #1 Contender for the Tag Team Championship, so Shane McMahon decided to give the chance to everyone! By all accounts the Dudley Boyz, looking to prove they can take anyone and everyone out, were fine with this as they feel they can take out three birds with one stone. Will they be successful?”

Mean Gene Okerlund: At this time I want to thank The Union Underground for providing the theme song for Souled Out: South Texas Deathride! Souled Out is available on Pay-Per-View for $29.99!"

Grudge Match – No DQ
Triple H vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Mean Gene Okerlund: There’s a lot of history to unpack here. Steve Austin and Triple-H for the better part of the last five years have been rivals, dating back to their WWF days. Triple H did get the better of Austin the last time they faced off which was at the WWF’s No Way Out event in 2001. Since then they’ve teamed up, but that ended with Triple H’s quad injury, an injury that I’m not quite sure has completely healed. Not surprisingly, Triple H is looking for a chance to become WCW World Champion, but Stone Cold, the former champion, wants his title back. Each man here stands in the other’s way. This should be a great contest!”

WCW World Championship
Kurt Angle © vs. The Giant

Mean Gene Okerlund: At Starrcade, Shane McMahon signed the former multi-time World Champion, a man who won the WCW World Championship back in 1995 in the very first match of his career. But at that same show Kurt Angle defeated Booker T for a chance at the WCW World Championship…then crippled Ric Flair to win that title the very next night on Nitro! The Giant has fired the last shot, leaving Angle lying on Nitro this past week. Can the technical prowess of Angle overcome the monster Giant? I wouldn’t want to miss this one. We will see you at 7:00 PM EST for Souled Out Sunday night!”

As this is a repost, there is no prediction contest for this.

Last edited:

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
souledout.jpg

WCW/ECW Souled Out 2002
January 27, 2002
Compaq Center
Houston, TX

Scott Hudson: “Welcome everyone we are live at the Compaq Center in Houston, Texas! I’m here with Mike Tenay and tonight, it is the return of Souled Out, the first Pay-Per-View event of the new year! We are going to kick things off with Diamond Dallas Page against William Regal!”

Diamond Dallas Page (w/Torrie Wilson) vs. William Regal

Regal gets the side headlock, but DDP fights out with punches to the ribs. DDP gets some big punches and sends Regal off the ropes, but Regal ducks a clothesline, but gets a second one! Quick cover, 1…2…Regal kicks out. Knee to the midsection from DDP, and then he follows up with a neckbreaker. Another cover, 1…2…Regal kicks out again and retreats to the outside. Regal at first uses this timeout to recover, but then stalks Torrie. Page heads to the outside to stop him, but Regal uses Torrie as a shield…before getting a cheap shot! Regal then sends DDP into the post before rolling back into the ring and arrogantly waving to the crowd! Torrie helps DDP back in, and Regal immediately catches him with a knee to the side of the head.

Regal hits a headbutt to the midsection, then runs and again knees Page in the head. Regal covers, with a forearm on Page’s face for good measure, 1…2…DDP kicks out. Another cover from Regal, 1…2…but another kickout from DDP. Regal stomps away on DDP, but DDP makes his way back up with big punches! Regal counters with a European uppercut, but DDP fires back again and knocks Regal down! Regal, craftily trips up DDP when down though, causing DDP to fall face first into the canvas. Regal hits DDP in the back of the neck with forearm shots, then goes for the Regal Stretch, but DDP gets the ropes. Regal gets a vertical suplex on DDP. 1…2…but another kickout from DDP frustrates Regal.

Regal stomps away at DDP in the corner, but DDP again fires back with punches and this time chops. DDP sends Regal into the corner and gets a discus clothesline! Boot to the midsection, sitout powerbomb from DDP! 1…2…Regal just gets the shoulder up. DDP hooks Regal up and plants him with a DDT! Cover, 1…2…Regal kicks out again! Belly to belly suplex by DDP. DDP calls for the Diamond Cutter, but Regal gets a dangerously low kick and DDP crumples to the canvas. As the referee checks on Page, Regal goes into his tights and grabs brass knuckles! Torrie gets on the apron to try to bring it to the referee’s attention, and while that doesn’t work it gets Page’s attention and he blocks the punch, then kicks Regal’s hand, knocking the brass knuckles out of his hand! Page whips Regal into the corner…and when Regal stumbles out..Diamond Cutter is countered as Regal shoves Page off! Torrie is still on the apron as Regal hooks DDP up for the Arm Trap Neckbreaker…only Torrie’s distraction allows for DDP to counter into the Diamond Cutter! 1…2…3!

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page via pinfall in 10:01

Scott Hudson
: “Diamond Dallas Page has still got it. To this day, he can hit that Diamond Cutter out of nowhere!”

Mike Tenay: “Indeed Scott. It looked like Page may have been playing a little possum all match. He took a lot of punishment, but was ready for Regal when Regal least expected it!”

Later tonight, Booker T will take on Curt Hennig. Here is Jeremy Borash with Booker!

Jeremy Borash: “It’s later on tonight, Curt Hennig against the man with me right now, Booker T.”

Booker T: “That’s right Borash. My whole career, yeah, I represented Harlem. But this is where I started. This is where Booker T started. This is Houston, Texas SUCKA!”

:Booker T gets a huge hometown pop:

Booker T: “That’s right. And tonight, we gonna get back on track. Curt Hennig, you went out there last month, and from my perspective, you spit on the WCW World Title! That’s a title I’ve spent my whole life trying to win. I’ve won it before, and I’m going to take you out on my path to win it again. But you want to come at me because you got your ass beat by Steve Austin? Well, sucka, you ain’t nothin but a punk, you understand? So what I’m saying is right now Borash, tonight, in my zone, in my house, let’s see if you really are “perfect”. Now can you dig it?”

Joey Styles:
“Ladies and Gentlemen I’m Joey Styles here to bring you the extreme side of Souled Out! The issues between Raven and Billy Kidman go back to their WCW days in the late 90s, when Kidman was a part of Raven’s Flock. Now, years later, Raven wants Kidman back in the fold, and Kidman will have none of it! It’s Raven’s Rules, which means it’s no rules!”

Raven’s Rules
Billy Kidman vs. Raven (w/ Mikey Whipwreck and Shannon Moore)

Kidman dives right at Raven and punches and kicks him in the corner. Kidman comes off the ropes and Raven misses the clothesline, and Kidman hits a flying headscissors! Kidman doesn’t even stop to take a breathe as he’s all over Raven with stomps and kicks. Raven retreats to the outside. Kidman leaps off the apron at him, but Shannon Moore pushes Raven aside and takes the hit! Raven grabs a chair and slides back into the ring as Mikey Whipwreck punches away at Kidman, but Kidman sends him into the railing. Raven smacks Kidman in the back with the chair as soon as he re-enters the ring! Raven opens the chair and places it in the middle of the ring and sends Kidman off the ropes, drop toe hold into the chair! Cover, 1…2…Kidman kicks out! Stasiak has come out here to check on Whipwreck and Moore.

Raven puts the chair on the back of Kidman’s head and hits a legdrop! Raven props Kidman on the top rope and goes for a superplex, but Kidman counters and drops Raven face first into the canvas! Kidman goes for the Shooting Star Press, but Raven grabs the chair and throws it up in the air, and Kidman crashes right into it! Cover from Raven, 1…2…Kidman just kicks out. Raven sets up Kidman for the Evenflow, but Kidman counters with a Northern Lights Suplex! 1…2…Raven kicks out. Kidman comes off the ropes, but Stasiak trips him and Kidman falls face first onto the mat. Raven poses to the crowd and sets Kidman up for a Powerbomb, but Kidman counters into a face buster! Kidman then springboards off the top rope with a Shooting Star Press to the outside, taking out Stasiak, Whipwreck and Moore all at once! Kidman comes back in, but Raven immediately plants him with the Evenflow DDT on the chair! 1…2…3!

Winner: Raven via pinfall in 6:54

I know I’m supposed to be impartial, but that’s a damn shame. Of course Raven is going to win when Kidman has to deal with three other guys! Anyway, I’m sending this back to Scott and Mike.”

Scott Hudson
: “Thank you Joey. We heard from him earlier. Coming up next, it’s Booker T and Curt Hennig!”

Booker T vs. Curt Hennig (w/ Alexis Laree)

Booker’s full of energy tonight as he and Hennig lock-up and jockey for position into the corner. We get a clean break. Booker gets the early advantage with a side headlock. Hennig sends Booker off the ropes, but Booker sends him flying with a shoulder tackle! Hammerlock from Booker, but Hennig breaks out with an elbow to the face. Hard chop from Hennig. And another one. Hennig goes for an Irish whip, but Booker counters and Hennig hits the turnbuckles hard. Booker T catches a stumbling Hennig with a hip toss! Hennig rolls to the outside looking to completely slow the pace to a crawl. Hennig jaws with some fans, so Booker grabs him by the hair and tries to bring Hennig back in the hard way. Alexis Laree holds down Booker’s foot though, and this allows Hennig to thumb Booker in the eye.

Hennig hammers away on Booker, then stomps away when he’s down on the canvas. Big chops from Hennig. Hennig gets some straight jabs, but Booker fires back with punches of his own and Hennig hightails it to the outside again! Booker immediately chases him and sends him back into the ring and continues the attack. Hennig gets a knee to the midsection, then goes back to hammering away. Shoulder block knocks down Booker. Hennig hits the ropes but Booker is back on his feet. Leapfrog from Booker! Booker then catches Hennig with a flying forearm! Chops from Booker! He then climbs up the corner and punches away at Hennig. 1…2…3…4…5…6..but Hennig escapes by hanging Booker across the top rope throat first! Atomic drop from Hennig. Snapmare from Hennig, followed by a forward somersault cutter. Hennig with a cover, 1…2…Booker kicks out. Knee to the face downs Booker again.

Hennig sends Booker into the corner and knocks him right down with a clothesline as Booker came out of it. More stomps, then Hennig sends Booker off the ropes and catches him in a sleeper! Booker quickly drops down, but Hennig holds onto the hold. Hennig turns it completely into a headlock on the canvas, and even gets his feet on the ropes to huge boos. Booker tries to fight out, but Hennig puts his feet on the ropes again to stop him. Referee picks up Booker’s arm twice and it drops…but Booker shows life on the third try! Booker gets to a vertical base and elbows his way out. Booker comes off the ropes and catches Hennig with a standing sidekick! Booker kicks Hennig and he comes off the ropes for the Scissors Kick, but Alexis Laree trips Booker to stop him. Booker turns his attention to Laree but Hennig uses this to attack Booker.

Hennig sets Booker up and piledrives him right in the center of the ring! 1…2…Booker just kicks out! Hennig hooks Booker’s leg…and gets the Hennig-Plex! 1…2…Booker T kicks out again and this time Hennig is shocked! Hennig goes for an Irish whip, but Booker counters and Alexis Laree accidentally trips up Hennig! She didn’t realize what she did! Hennig stumbles right into the Bookend! 1…2…3!

Winner: Booker T via pinfall in 12:13

Scott Hudson
: “Booker T proves tonight that he’s on his game with a huge victory over Curt Hennig, thanks to an unintentional assist from Alexis Laree!”

Mike Tenay: “
I think many thought that the veteran experience of Curt Hennig would overcome Booker T here, but that was not the case.”

Scott Hudson: “Next up we have a Four-Way Elimination match for the WCW World Tag Team Championship. The Dudley Boyz have taken out all comers since WCW and ECW were reborn. This time, they’ll have to take out three at once.”

WCW World Tag Team Championship: Four Way Elimination
The Dudley Boyz © (w/Stacy Keibler) vs. Kronik vs. The Faces of Fear vs. Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire

Palumbo starts with Bryan Adams. They lock up, and Adams gets the advantage right away with a kick. He punches away at Palumbo in the corner. Palumbo reverses an Irish Whip and sends Adams back into his own corner, then hits a superkick as he stumbles out. Palumbo punches away at Adams but D-Von manages to tag himself in. D-Von continues to pummel Adams, but when D-Von sends him off the ropes Clarke makes a blind tag. D-Von hits Adams with a spinning back elbow, then Clarke levels him with a huge big boot. Stacy Keibler gets on the apron and Clarke gets distracted by her…assets, and D-Von tags in Bubba Ray…and Clarke gets planted with 3D! Bubba with the cover, 1…2…3!

The Dudley Boyz eliminate Kronik when Bubba Ray pinned Bryan Clarke in 1:46

O’Haire and Palumbo come in and attack both Dudley Boyz, but as Bubba bails the ring he tags in Barbarian. Barbarian shoulder tackles Palumbo. Barbarian presses O’Haire over his head, but Palumbo recovers and kicks him. O’Haire and Palumbo double suplex Barbarian. Meng comes in, and Palumbo and O’Haire try a double headbutt on him to no effect! Meng headbutts both men, knocking them down! Meng goes for the Tongan Death Grip on Palumbo, but the Dudleyz attack him from behind, knocking him out of the ring. D-Von sends the Barbarian off the ropes, and the Dudleyz plant him with 3D! 1…2…3!

The Dudley Boyz eliminate The Faces of Fear when Bubba Ray pinned The Barbarian in 3:37

Bubba calls for 3D again, but O’Haire takes out Bubba Ray with a clothesline and Palumbo rolls D-Von up, 1…2…kickout! Bubba plants Palumbo with a slam and then drops an elbow. Bubba picks Palumbo back up and gets a jab, then another one, then a third knocks Palumbo down. Suplex from Bubba, 1…2…O’Haire comes in and breaks the count. Bubba takes a shot at O’Haire, and Palumbo knocks Bubba down with a clothesline. Palumbo tags in O’Haire. O’Haire punches away at Bubba, but Bubba gets a Bubba Bomb! Bubba tags in D-Von. D-Von hits some punches and an elbow. D-Von sends O’Haire into the corner and he hits the turnbuckles front first. D-Von tags in Bubba, and they get the reverse 3D neckbreaker! Bubba Ray covers, 1…2…Palumbo just makes the save!

O-Haire surprises Bubba with a knee to the face and makes the tag to Palumbo! Palumbo takes out Bubba with a clothesline, then knocks D-Von off the apron! Samoan drop! Palumbo tags in O’Haire, who comes off the top rope with the Sean-ton Bomb! Cover, 1…2…3! No wait, Stacy Keibler put Bubba Ray’s foot on the bottom rope and points it out! O’Haire and Palumbo are celebrating, and the referee tries to get their attention. The Dudleyz nail Palumbo and O’Haire from behind, knocking Palumbo out of the ring. D-Von sends O’Haire off the ropes, Dudley Death Drop! 1…2…3!

Winners: The Dudley Boyz when Bubba pinned O’Haire in 8:50

Bubba Ray Dudley
grabs a microphone…

Bubba Ray Dudley: “What did we tell you stupid people? We’ve been saying week in and week out that we’re the best damn tag team in the history of professional wrestling and once again we proved it tonight! We just beat three, not one, but THREE of the so called best tag teams in the world in one night! And we’ll kick whoever’s ass is left to kick until everyone realizes that the Dudley Boyz own tag team wrestling! Tell ‘em D-Von!”

D-Von: “O’Haire, Palumbo, Kronik, Faces of Fear, Public Enemy, all of you! You all broke the sacred commandments! Number one, thou shall not steal! Number two. Thou shall not kill. And Number three, the most important one and if anyone else back there dares to break it so help me God! Number three. Thou shall not mess with the….”

OOOOOOOOO WHAT A RUSH!”

Scott Hudson: “What?!”

Mike Tenay: “
Oh my God! Is this really happening? Is it the LOD?!

The crowd roars as the Legion of Doom, Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal, make their way down to the ring! Bubba Ray’s jaw drops, but he and D-Von look ready to right. As soon as the LOD hit the ring though the Dudleyz run for their lives, leaving Stacy Keibler in the ring!

Road Warrior Animal (to Stacy): You tell your boys we’re gonna break all three commandments! We’re going to mess with the Dudley Boyz, and we’re gonna steal those belts and kill em’ if he have to! Tell her Hawk!”

Road Warrior Hawk (to Stacy): “I got one thing to say! OOOOOOO WHAT A RUSH!”

Stacy runs from the ring as the LOD pose to a huge ovation!

Scott Hudson: “I had no idea the LOD, the legendary Road Warriors were in the building!”

Mike Tenay: “The Road Warriors
may be the only team with a more diverse Tag Team title history than the Dudleyz!

Scott Hudson: “Unbelievable. And Mike, the roller coaster isn’t even remotely over yet. Coming up next, it’s no DQ and perhaps the battle to end all battles, it’s Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H!”

Mike Tenay: “There is a huge history between these men. Both men are actually in their second run in WCW. Steve Austin, many forgot, before his massive WWF run, did everything in WCW there was to do other than win the World Title. He was WCW World Tag Team Champion. WCW World Television Champion. WCW United States Champion. Now Triple H didn’t have the same success, but he too had a run in WCW. Both men really clashed in the WWF. To be clear, Triple H has mostly had Steve Austin’s number despite Austin’s run in the WWF. Here are some examples. WWF No Mercy 1999, it was Triple H who was victorious over Austin in Triple H’s first ever Pay-Per-View defense of the WWF World Title. They went to a brutal no contest at the 2000 Survivor Series. Triple H then did get the better of Austin again at WWF No Way Out 2001 just last year. Triple H also masterminded the plot where Austin got hit by a car. Steve Austin may have led the Alliance and may have added a WCW World Championship reign to his vaunted resume, but a big victory over Triple H is still eluding him. This match could be the one that ends it all between them.”

I can’t help but agree Mike. Triple H must know that in order to be the man here in WCW, he needs to take out Steve Austin. I’m sure Austin feels the same exact way about Triple H. We’re about to find out who’s truly the better man!”

No Disqualification
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H

Austin and HHH go right at each other, trading right hands! Austin wins the slugfest and sends HHH off the ropes, then knocks him down with an elbow. More punches from Austin. Austin gets HHH into the corner and stomps a mudhole in HHH! He sends HHH into the corner and knocks HHH down with a clothesline! Austin sends HHH off the ropes, but HHH holds on as Austin goes for a kick. Austin fires more punches though and sends HHH off the ropes again, but this time HHH catches the Thesz Press attempt and stun guns Austin across the top rope! HHH now fires away, but Austin fires back and one big shot sends HHH flying over the top rope onto the floor! Austin punches away at HHH, then wraps some electrical wiring around his throat! Austin just ignores the five count of the referee, but HHH escapes by hitting Austin with a low blow, then slamming him into the steps! HHH goes under the ring and brings out a sledgehammer, looking to end this early, but Austin ducks and HHH slams it over the ringpost!

Austin rolls back in and HHH follows, and HHH gets a kick. Pedigree time, no, Austin backdrops HHH! Austin sends HHH off the ropes, but Austin misses the clothesline, and HHH gets a high knee! Austin counters an Irish whip and spinebusters HHH in the middle of the ring! Austin heads to the second rope, but he comes down right on HHH’s foot as HHH counters! Swinging neckbreaker from HHH. HHH smartly continues to attack the neck, kneeing Austin hard in the back of the head. HHH drags Austin to the wishbone position at the ringpost and slams his knee on the post! He does it again! HHH then takes a chair and smashes it across Austin’s knee! HHH grabs both of Austin’s legs, but Austin pulls them in and HHH smacks the ringpost! HHH is dazed on the outside, but Austin is now struggling to get back to his feet.

Austin hops around the ring as HHH slides back in. Austin gets some punches in on HHH, but HHH kicks him right in the knee. HHH then locks in an Indian Deathlock! Austin refuses to submit. HHH then turns it into a Figure Four! Austin still refuses to submit…and manages to turn around on his stomach and now the pressure is on HHH! Both men roll to the ropes. Austin is still hoping around, but catches HHH with the Thesz Press! Austin punches away at HHH! Austin comes off the ropes, but the knee gives out and HHH quickly gets a facebuster. HHH cockily heads to the second rope, but when he comes down Austin catches him with the Stone Cold Stunner! 1…2…HHH just kicks out! HHH rolls to the outside and is clearly dazed, and Austin comes out right after him. Austin knocks HHH down, then suplexes him onto the rampway! Austin then drags HHH closer to the ring, then catapults HHH into the ringpost! HHH is busted wide open as a result!

HHH crawls around the ring and Austin is right on him, but HHH comes out of nowhere and whacks Austin with the ring bell! Now both men are busted wide open! HHH rolls Austin into the ring and takes a chair with him. HHH gets Austin in the gut with the chair, then slams it across his back! HHH is too tired to continue as he stumbles back into the corner. As Austin slowly gets back to his feet, HHH goes for the homerun shot, but Austin ducks. Austin knocks HHH down with a hard shot and grabs the chair. Huge shot to the back by Austin. Austin then takes the edge of the chair and slams it over and over in HHH’s sternum! Surprisingly, the crowd is firmly behind Austin as he looks to end Triple H, but HHH gets a desperation low blow, and both men are left motionless on the blood-stained canvas.

HHH is the first to move as he slides to the outside. HHH goes under the ring to grab a table of all things. He brings it into the ring and sets it up, then climbs on top of it with Austin. HHH sets Austin up for a Pedigree, but Austin backdrops HHH off the table, over the top rope and onto the floor! That might have been a fifteen foot drop! Austin sets the table up in the corner, then drags HHH back into the ring. HHH finds another low blow, then hits the Pedigree! 1…2…Austin just kicks out! HHH grabs the steel chair, but now it’s Austin who gets the low blow! Austin then surprises everyone by locking in the Million Dollar Dream! HHH quickly counters by back suplexing Austin onto the steel chair! HHH makes a cover with one hand, 1…2….Austin just gets the shoulder up! As both men get back to their feet, they each try to grab the chair. Austin wins the battle for the chair and just lays HHH out with it! Austin goes to the outside and brings the steel steps into the ring, but HHH has slid out of the ring as well. Unbeknownst to Austin HHH has grabbed the sledgehammer. Austin goes to get HHH, and HHH hits him right in the stomach with the sledgehammer!

HHH slides Austin back in and makes the cover, 1…2…Austin just kicks out again! HHH takes the sledgehammer and winds it up, but Austin gets a kick and hits another Stone Cold Stunner! 1…2…HHH just gets the shoulder up! Austin sees the sledgehammer and he gets a crazy look in his eyes. Austin now waits for HHH to get to his feet, but HHH ducks the sledgehammer shot! A third low blow from HHH, and then HHH hits a DDT onto the ring steps Austin brought in! HHH slowly picks up Austin and sets him up, but it’s not a Pedigree, but a piledriver! HHH makes the cover, 1…2…and again Austin just gets the shoulder up! As Austin gets back to his feet, he manages to punch HHH, and in his weakened state that’s all it takes to knock HHH down. Austin, still limping around, takes the steel chair and wallops HHH over the head again! Cover, 1…2…HHH still isn’t done and just kicks out!

HHH crawls to the corner and Austin tries to stomp a mudhole in him, but the leg damage slows him down. Austin gets HHH to a standing position and props him on the top rope. Austin sets him up, superplex off the top! Austin slowly gets a hand on HHH for the cover, 1…2…HHH with the last sliver of life within him just gets the shoulder up! Austin, enraged, takes HHH by the hair and throws him through the propped up table in the corner! Austin bangs his leg, trying to get blood going in it as he’s still struggling to get around. Austin slowly picks HHH up and gets a kick to the midsection…Stunner….no, HHH sends him off the ropes and whacks him right in the face with the sledgehammer! HHH takes Austin onto the top of the steel steps that are in the ring and sets him up…Pedigree on the steel steps! 1…2…3! Triple H has survived and beaten Stone Cold!

Winner: Triple H via pinfall in 30:23

As Triple H struggles to get to his feet and gets his hand raised, fans boo. Stone Cold gets to his feet and drills Triple H with a Stunner, and the fans go wild for that! Both men struggle to even get out of the ring and to the back after the carnage we just witnessed!

Scott Hudson: “Mike Tenay I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like that in my entire life.”

Mike Tenay: “I don’t even know what to say Scott. It wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t see either man compete for a while after that one!”

We’re going to send it to Joey Styles for the next few matches, we’ll be back for the WCW World Championship Match.”

Joey Styles
: “Thank you gentlemen, I’m still in shock quite frankly from what we just saw with Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin. I don’t think humans are supposed to lose that much blood. And this is the ECW guy saying this! Anyway, Jerry Lynn, for the second month in a row, has a chance to take home gold as he faces off with the new WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Taka Michinoku.”

Taka Michinoku © vs. Jerry Lynn

Taka gets a knee then a side headlock, but Lynn sends him off the ropes. Leapfrog from Lynn, then a flying head scissors! Taka ends up on the outside and Lynn takes him out with a baseball slide! Lynn flies over the top rope with a dive onto Taka! Taka tries to get back into the ring, but Lynn comes over the top rope again and catches Taka in a guillotine on the second rope with a leg drop! Taka fires some punches and sends Lynn onto the ropes, then does his own leapfrog, but he clutches as his leg as he lands. Referee checks on him, and Yang and Kaz Hayashi run down! Hayashi gets the referee’s attention as he checks on Taka, and Yang hits Lynn with the Cruiserweight title! Yang tosses Lynn to the outside, then Taka reveals he was faking and catches Lynn with a springboard plancha to the outside!

Taka rolls Lynn back in and as Lynn gets back to his feet, Taka gets a missile dropkick to the back of the head! Cover, 1…2…Lynn kicks out. Taka stomps away at Lynn, then throws him to the outside. Taka gets the referee’s attention as Yang and Kaz attack Lynn! But here’s AJ Styles! Styles runs into the ring and right past Taka, and hits a somersault dive onto Kaz and Yang! Lynn rolls back in and Taka’s clearly annoyed, but he stomps back on Lynn. Taka picks Lynn up for the Michinoku Driver, but Lynn slides behind Taka. Kick from Lynn…Cradle Piledriver! 1…2…3!

Winner: Jerry Lynn via pinfall in 5:51 (New Champion)

Jerry Lynn
and AJ Styles come together into the ring and shake hands as Taka and Michinoku Pro are clearly upset at Taka’s reign ending after six nights!

Joey Styles: About time we had some justice around here! Jerry Lynn has always been an amazing all around wrestler and if AJ Styles sticks with him he’s going to learn a lot in this business! Coming up next, yes, it’s another WCW title, the United States Championship, but heavy ECW representation here. We have the champion, Tazz, who choked out the current WCW World Champion Kurt Angle back in New York City in December to win the title. Rob Van Dam, in my opinion the greatest wrestler anywhere to never be world champion. There’s Tajiri, who’s been a thorn in Tazz’s side ever since the whole situation with Torrie Wilson and William Regal broke down. Lastly, there’s Christian, who tried to get in the good graces of ECW owner Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley not too long ago. Now, his involvement is because he got a victory, a tainted one, but a victory nonetheless over Triple H. Van Dam got in this match by beating Christian. Obviously a lot going on here. It’s one fall to a finish, let’s get to the ring!”

Tazz © vs. Christian vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Tajiri

Tazz immediately punches away at Tajiri as Rob Van Dam fires forearms at Christian! Tajiri fires back with some kicks at Tazz, but Tazz catches one and throws Tajiri with a capture belly to belly suplex! RVD whips Christian into the corner and monkey flips him out of it! Christian and Tajiri roll to the outside, and Tazz and RVD are left standing race to face. RVD does his taunt right in Tazz’s face, and gets blasted for it as a result! Tazz punches away at RVD. Tazz kicks away at RVD in the corner, then whips him across to the other side. RVD leaps over the charging Tazz and gets a side kick. RVD whips Tazz off the ropes, but when he goes for a leapfrog Tazz holds onto the ropes. RVD runs at Tazz, but Tazz backdrops him over the top rope…and RVD ends up taking out Christian! Tajiri comes from behind Tazz with a vicious kick to the back of the head! Covers, 1…2…Tazz kicks out.

RVD and Christian brawl on the outside as Tajiri continues to punch and kick Tazz. One kick sends Tazz to the apron, and Tajiri kicks him in the face to knock him off. RVD and Tazz end up brawling as Tajiri goes to the apron, and Tajiri takes them both out with a springboard Asai Moonsault! Christian grabs RVD and tosses him back into the ring. Christian chokes RVD on the ropes, then snapmares him over and transitions into a chinlock. RVD fights out and sends Christian off the ropes and goes for the backdrop, but Christian puts on the brakes and DDT’s RVD. Christian follows up with a neckbreaker. Cover, 1…2…RVD kicks out. Tajiri slides in and decides to work with Christian. They send RVD off the ropes and hit a double back elbow, but then Tajiri nails Christian from behind. Tajiri handsprings off the ropes and hits Christian with an elbow, but then RVD pops up and hits Tajiri with a spinning heel kick! Cover by RVD on Tajiri, 1…2…Christian just breaks it up.

Christian stomps away at RVD, but Tazz grabs a waistlock and suplexes Christian over his head, with Christian flipping all the way over and landing on his face! Tajiri kicks Tazz in the face, but Tazz fights right back with an angry man clothesline! Tazz locks Tajiri into the Tazzmission! Tajiri tries to fight it and tries a back kick for a low blow, but it doesn’t hit and Tazz keeps the hold on! Tazz then turns it into a Tazmission Tazplex! RVD’s up top as well, and hits Tajiri with the Five Star Frog Splash! Tazz then locks RVD in the Tazmission! RVD slips his arm out, breaking the hold, but Tazz throws RVD to the ropes and clotheslines him over. Tazz shouts something at RVD, and Christian comes in with a low blow! Christian plants Tazz with the Unprettier! Cover, 1…2…3! Christian has won the title and pinned the champion in doing so!

Winner: Christian when he pinned Tazz in 12:15 (New Champion)

Christian
grabs the title runs up the ramp with it as RVD, Tazz and Tajiri look at him, clearly all frustrated. Christian raises the title above his head at the top of the ramp!

Joey Styles: “I have to admit, I wasn’t sure Christian could hang with these veterans of extreme, but he has and he’s won the US Championship as well. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Van Dam, Tazz and Tajiri turn their focus to the ECW World Championship. Speaking of which, in my opinion the most anticipated match on this card to me quite frankly. It’s the Battle of the Beasts. We have this rookie monster in Brock Lesnar who beat Rob Van Dam for the vacant ECW World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade last month. And he will take on perhaps the biggest mainstream wrestling star ECW that ever stepped into an ECW ring. This is a man who’s main evented a Wrestlemania! And this is someone who may physically be able to match up with Lesnar. When Bam Bam Bigelow says he’s going to put you through the ring that’s not a figure of speech. This is something he actually did if you go back to ECW Living Dangerously 1998! Hell he pressed the 285 pound Lesnar over his head and tosses him to the outside like he was nothing! It’s Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Brock Lesnar and it’s happening now!”

ECW World Championship
Brock Lesnar © vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (w/ Luna Vachon)

Lesnar seemingly shows some fear as he’s reluctant to lock-up with Bigelow, and Bigelow’s not here to wait, yelling “Come on big man!” They finally do lock-up and Lesnar shoves Bigelow down, then jogs in place to add insult to injury. Bigelow and Lesnar lock-up again, but this time Bigelow pushes Lesnar all the way into the corner, then tosses him out with one hand across the ring! That’s a 285 pounder! Lesnar’s clearly never been thrown like that before and he’s shocked as Bam Bam mocks him by jogging in place, then doing a cartwheel! Lesnar charges at Bigelow and gets him into the corner, hitting shoulder thrusts! Lesnar backs up to charge at Bigelow again but this time eats a huge clothesline! Bigelow then military presses Lesnar over his head…but Lesnar quickly escapes and lands on his feet, and bails to the outside. Bam Bam pounds his chest in the ring as Lesnar doesn’t seem to know what to do!

Lesnar slowly gets back onto the apron, but Bigelow again doesn’t wait and sends Lesnar flying off the apron into the barricade! Bigelow grabs a steel chair and smashes it over Lesnar’s back! Bigelow with a second violent chair shot to Lesnar’s back! Lesnar tries to back away, so Bigelow throws the chair at Lesnar but it misses and ricochets off the ring post. Bigelow grabs a table and slides it into the ring, but he doesn’t realize he missed Lesnar and Lesnar wallops him over the head with the steel chair! Lesnar then runs Bigelow right into the ring post, then wallops Bigelow over the head with one of the hardest chairshots you’ll ever see!

Joey Styles: “Oh my god!”

Lesnar rolls a bloodied Bam Bam Bigelow back into the ring, then sets the table up into the corner. Lesnar sets Bigelow up for a German suplex through that table, but Bigelow elbows his way out. Bigelow catches Lesnar with a dropkick! Bigelow then sets Lesnar up…and he plants him with a powerbomb in the center of the ring! Lesnar actually gets right back up, but Bigelow headbutts Lesnar, sets him up and powerbombs him again! This time Lesnar stays down and Bigelow heads to the top rope, and he squashes Lesnar with a side moonsault! 1…2…Lesnar just gets his shoulder up! Bigelow picks Lesnar up for Greetings for Asbury Park, but Lesnar slides behind him…and German suplexes Bigelow through the table in the corner! Lesnar unleashes a huge roar, and it looks like he’s going to finish Bigelow off…but Luna Vachon jumps on Lesnar’s back! For Luna it’s like trying to ride the bull, and Lesnar counters and has Luna on his back…and he plants her with the F5!

Oh my god oh my god…I can’t believe he just did that. I know Luna made herself a target by jumping onto Brock’s back but…oh god I hope she’s okay. Here’s Bigelow with a chair...”

Bigelow slams the chair over Lesnar’s head! Bigelow picks Lesnar up, and then we see Paul Heyman on the rampway making a gesture for someone to come out.

Joey Styles: “Who the hell is that…wait, I think that’s the teammate. I think that’s Lesnar’s college teammate Shelton Benjamin I think it is?!”

Bigelow goes for Greetings From Asbury Park again, but Benjamin grabs Lesnar’s foot and helps him escape. Bigelow punches Benjamin and Benjamin goes flying into the barricade, and Lesnar gets Bigelow on his shoulders! Bigelow slides back, then military presses Lesnar over his head, but Lesnar escapes ands land son his feet…and again gets Bigelow on his shoulders. F5 connects! 1…2…3!

Winner: Brock Lesnar via pinfall in 14:54 (Retains)

Lesnar
grabs the ECW World Championship and meets Shelton Benjamin and Paul Heyman at the top of the ramp. Luna, showing her toughness, tries to get on her feet on her own, and Bam Bam looks pissed off, but disappointed too.

Joey Styles: “Wow, I mean I don’t agree with the tactics of Brock Lesnar, and really Paul Heyman if anyone should be objective, but he did show he is one tough son of a bitch tonight in beating Bam Bam Bigelow tonight. I’m going to send it back to Scott Hudson and Mike Tenay for the WCW World Championship Match, good night everyone.”

Scott Hudson: “Thank you Joey. There’s one match left tonight. Kurt Angle, the WCW World Champion meets perhaps his biggest challenge literally against The Giant. Let’s send it to Michael Buffer!”

Michael Buffer: “It is now time for the Souled Out 2002 main event of the evening. And now ladies and gentlemen; two of the most unique superstars in professional wrestling today are about to face each other in this ring for the Heavyweight Championship of the World!”

Are You Ready?”

“ Houston, Texas... Are….You….REEEEEEEEADY?!

“For the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching around the world, ladies and gentlemen…”

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!”

The classic Giant rock theme plays…and out The Giant comes out to the ring.

Michael Buffer: “Making his entrance to the ring, he is the most imposing, physical specimen in not only the history of professional wrestling, but in all professional sports. Standing a towering 7 feet, 2 inches tall, weighing in at 500 pounds. He is from Tampa, Florida. Tonight, he looks to capture his third WCW World Heavyweight Championship, and his fourth World Championship overall. Ladies and gentlemen, this is The GIIIIIANT!

“Medal” plays as WCW World Champion Kurt Angle makes his way to the ring!

Michael Buffer: “
His opponent, wearing our nations colors of red, white, and blue. He stands at 6 feet tall, and weighs in tonight at 234 pounds. He is the 1996 Summer Olympics Gold Medal Winner in the Heavyweight, Freestyle category and is considered to be the greatest pound for pound wrestler in any style in the world. From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Tonight he looks to slay the imposing Giant. He is the current reigning and defending WCW Heavyweight Champion of the world…Kuuuuuuuuuuuurt ANGLE!”

WCW World Championship
Kurt Angle © vs. The Giant

Angle immediately dives for the leg, trying to take the Giant down, but the Giant shoves him off with one arm. Angle goes for the waistlock, but Giant grabs Angle’s arm and armdrags him over. Giant has a side headlock hon Angle, but Angle scissors Giant’s head and breaks free. Angle gets a side headlock but the Giant lifts him up and gets a big side suplex! Giant props Kurt up in the corner and gets a huge slap that could be heard around the arena! Giant goes for another one, but Angle catches his hand to block. Giant doesn’t seem to care as he tosses Angle across the ring. Huge punch to the back by The Giant. Vertical suplex from the Giant with a cover, 1…2…Angle just kicks out. Angle fires some punches, but as he comes off the ropes Giant catches him with a huge side slam. Another cover, 1…2…Angle kicks out again. Massive headbutt from the Giant. Angle retreats to the corner and the Giant goes for an avalanche, but Angle moves out of the way, then his a German suplex on the 500 pounder! Angle quickly goes for the cover, but the Giant is out at one, with authority!

Angle quickly locks in a headlock, and while the Giant falls to one knee, he counters by snapmaring Angle over. Giant runs at Angle, but Angle ducks and the Giant falls over the top rope and to the floor. Angle heads to the apron and his an axhandle smash to the Giant, then starts punching him up the rampway. The Giant stops Angle with a knee to the midsection, then whips him into the wall panels at the top of the stage. The Giant then lifts Angle up and slams him on the steel ramp! The Giant approaches the announce position at the top of the rampway and Scott Hudson and Mike Tenay get out of there in a hurry. The Giant grabs Angle by the throat and gets him up…as Test comes from the entrance, runs over the referee and Big Boots the Giant! Both Angle and Giant fly off the stage and crash into tables and equipment six or seven feet below! Shane McMahon runs out and orders Test to get out of here as Test raises his arms! Both Angle and the Giant are motionless!

Angle starts to move first, as he crawls back to the ring, clearly unable to get to his feet. But then the Giant emerges from the wreckage and he’s furious! The Giant stalks Angle back to the ring, and Angle backs off in a corner. The Giant grabs Angle by the throat, but Angle counters the chokeslam by landing on his feet and getting an Angle Slam! Cover, but we still don’t have a referee and the Giant powers out quickly anyway. Angle jumps at the Giant, but he’s caught, and the Giant flattens him with the Final Cut! A referee runs down as The Giant looks to finish Angle off and he again grabs him by the throat. Chokeslam! Cover, Angle just, and I mean just gets his shoulder (and not even the rest of the arm) up! The Giant seems unfazed. He sets Angle up for the powerbomb we saw on Nitro…but when Angle’s up he tightens his legs around the Giant’s head, and suddenly Angle has a triangle choke on the Giant! The Giant tries to get Angle off, but slowly the Giant falls to one knee, and then completely on his side. After being in the hold an entire minute, The Giant passes out, and Angle is declared the winner!

Winner: Kurt Angle via submission in 14:26 (Retains)

Kurt Angle
celebrates. The Giant comes to, and realizes he messed up and shakes his head with disappointment.

Scott Hudson: “I don’t know how he did, but Kurt Angle has overcome the Giant and is still WCW World Champion!”

Quick Results

Diamond Dallas Page pinned William Regal

Raven’s Rules
Raven pinned Billy Kidman

Booker T pinned Curt Hennig

WCW World Tag Team Championship – Four Way Elimination
The Dudley Boyz defeated Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo, The Faces of Fear and Kronik (Retains)

The Legion of Doom made their WCW Return

No Disqualification
Triple H pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin

Jerry Lynn pinned Taka Michinoku (New Champion)

Christian defeated Tazz, Rob Van Dam and Tajiri when he pinned Tazz (New Champion)

ECW World Championship
Brock Lesnar pinned Bam Bam Bigelow (Retains)

WCW World Championship
Kurt Angle made The Giant pass out (Retains)

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Christian (Defeated Tazz on 1-27-02)

Jerry Lynn (Defeated Taka Michinoku on 1-27-02)

Roster Updates

The Legion of Doom –
The legendary team has returned to WCW for perhaps one last run
Shelton Benjamin – Brock Lesnar’s NCAA and OVW tag team partner

Last edited:

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
WCWNitro.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
January 28, 2002
Freeman Coliseum
San Antonio, SA

Scott Hudson
: “Welcome everyone to Nitro! It’s been 24 hours since Souled Out…and we’re kicking things off with one of the big surprises from last night, The Legion of Doom!”

The Faces of Fear vs. The Legion of Doom

Hawk and Animal attack right away, beating the hell out of Meng and the Barbarian. They dump Meng over the top rope, then go back to pounding away on Barbarian. Animal goes to the outside and slams Meng into the steps. Hawk sends Barbarian into the corner and follows up with a big clothesline. Animal follows up with a big clothesline of his own. Barbarian stumbles out of the corner, and Animal knocks him down with a flying shoulder block. They call for the Doomsday Device, but when Animal puts Barbarian on his shoulders Meng comes in and shoves them out of the way, and Hawk hits him with the clothesline. Animal lefts Meng on his shoulders and Hawk heads back up, Doomsday Device takes out Meng. Animal takes Barbarian and sets him up as Hawk heads to the corner again…and they hit a spike piledriver! Hawk covers, 1…2…3!

Winners: The Legion of Doom when Hawk pinned Barbarian in 2:06

Animal:
“RUN AND HIDE ALL YOU WANT DUDLEY BOYZ, WE’RE COMING FOR THOSE BELTS!”

Hawk:
“OOOOOO WHAT A RUSH!”

Commissioner William Regal
is in his office with Tajiri. Regal is getting ready for his rematch with Diamond Dallas Page later tonight and looks annoyed overall. Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire come into his office.

William Regal: “Can’t you see I’m busy, what do you two want?”

Chuck Palumbo: “We want a shot at The Dudley Boyz and the titles. We had it last night!”

William Regal: “Well that’s bloody too bad for you. Look gentlemen, as I said, I’m busy, and you lost last night and I don’t think you are deserving.”

Sean O’Haire: “You don’t think we’re deserving?!”

Chuck Palumbo: “Perhaps we show you and your boy over here who’s deserving!”

William Regal: “I already have a match tonight. If you two want to experience the conduct process and risk a suspension or likewise you two can continue this. Otherwise, I require you leave this office immediately.”

Chuck Palumbo: “This ain’t over Regal.”

Scott Hudson
: “It’s already been an exciting night so far! You’ve already seen the Legion of Doom in action. We have two rematches of last night’s Souled Out as well, William Regal takes on Diamond Dallas Page and Jerry Lynn gives Taka Michinoku a chance to regain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship! Also, tonight a tournament for the new WCW World Women’s Championship begins! I know you are excited about that one Mike.”

Mike Tenay: “For sure Scott. We will cover the brackets later tonight, but I’m very excited to some of the women in this tournament. They come from all different backgrounds and we’ve seen some of them on Nitro already!”

Kronik vs. Jamie Noble and Kid Kash

Noble and Kash debate who is going to start against Bryan Adams, with both of them suggesting the other. Adams eventually attacks Noble and hits him with big punches and kicks. Tilt-a-whirl backbreaker plants Noble! Adams tags in Bryan Clarke, and Clarke lets Noble tag in Kash. Clarke brings Kash in the hard way, but he misses the clothesline into the corner. Adams comes in, but he misses Kash with a big boot and boots Clarke in the face! Kash tags in Noble, and they double dropkick Adams to the outside! Kash and Noble double stomp away at Clarke, but Clarke is able to shove them both away. Clarke misses a double clothesline, and when he comes off the ropes he bumps into Adams on the apron! Kash heads to the top rope as Clarke yells at Adams, and Kash catches him with a dropkick off the tope! Clarke falls over Noble, who then jumps on the legs of the folded up Clarke, 1…2…3! A huge upset!

Winners: Kid Kash and Jamie Noble when Noble pinned Clarke in 3:14

Bryan Clarke
and Bryan Adams begin arguing on the outside, before they get into a shoving match…

Kid Kash and Jamie Noble, while celebrating, watch them and get attacked from behind by R-Killa! Killa has a pipe and nails both Noble and Kash in the back, before taking a shot at Noble a second time in the stomach! Killa escapes through the crowd, Noble and Kash are left lying, and Kronik are shoving each other up the rampway!

Scott Hudson: “It’s chaos out here on Nitro! And look at this. Now we have Test walking out here! Test got himself involved in the WCW World Championship match at Souled Out, booting The Giant and Kurt Angle off the stage! What’s he doing out here?”

Test: “Let’s make this quick. Last night I showed that I should be the WCW World Champion when I kicked The Giant and Kurt Angle off the stage. Shane McMahon I made your big signing look like nothing! So I’m demanding my title shot now Shane. I already did the bodyguard deal and that didn’t get me anywhere. Now I’m doing this my way!”

It’s not Shane McMahon, but WCW World Champion Kurt Angle comes out to answer Test.

Kurt Angle:
“Oh yeah, you’re a real big man Test. Say what you want about. You think that makes you good enough to be champion huh? Well despite what you did, what you tried to do, last night I still walked out WCW World Champion. So if that’s the best you can do, then I clearly have nothing to fear. So you got it Test. I’ll give you a shot. I walked out when you booted me off a stage last night. We’ll see if you’re able to walk after I’m through with you!”

We hear the glass shatter as “Venomous” plays and Stone Cold Steve Austin makes his way out! He’s clearly still somewhat limping, but he still looks ready for a fight. To even Austin’s surprise, he gets a big pop.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “I got quickly sick and tired listening to you both whining and crying about what happened last night! Quite frankly I don’t really give a damn what happened last night. The way I see things I’m still owed a rematch for the WCW World Championship and I think it’s time I cash that in, and that’s what I got to say about that!”

Test: “You? Really? Man you ended up getting your ass kicked and I’m supposed to wait behind you?”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “What?”

Test: “I said…”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “Stone Cold said to shut up! No one gives a damn about Test and frankly you don’t belong in this ring right now! I have no problem kicking your ass if you’re gonna stand there in the way looking stupid!”

“The Game” plays and Triple H makes his way out to the ring! Unlike Austin, he doesn’t quite get the monster pop he received even back at Starrcade, it’s more of a mixed reaction. He too doesn’t look like he’s 100% after last night’s war.

Triple H: “Austin, you might want to forget what happened last night, so let me remind you and everyone else. I beat your ass and pinned you right in the middle, one, two, three! If anyone gets the next shot at Angle, clearly there’s no more qualified than me! I beat Austin last night. I basically beat Test at life when I stole his fiancé two years ago! And Angle, you know you can’t beat me! That WCW World Championship is mine!”

“CHRISTIAN….CHRISTIAN…AT LAST…YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN!” The new WCW United States Champion Christian makes his way to the ring.

Christian: You know the way I see things, there are only two people worthy to be out here. Only two of us walked out with gold last night, and that’s me and Kurt. So maybe the rest of you should just head to the back so me and Kurt can talk champion to champion!”

Stone Cold Steve Austin: “You keep talkin’ like that I’m going to take that US title and shove it up your ass!”

Christian: Oh look everyone, it’s Stone Cold Steve Austin! Hey Steve, it’s not 1998 anymore! You’re clearly washed up. Hell, you couldn’t even beat Triple H last night! Even I’ve beaten Triple H!

Booker T makes his way out to a big ovation!

Booker T: Really, I don’t know, and I don’t care what everyone feels like they’re entitled to. I beat Curt Hennig last night. It’s my turn to get a my rematch at Kurt Angle. Kurt, you know I pushed you to your limits. You know I’ve got your number!”

Kurt Angle: Yeah Book, but let’s be clear. You pushed me to my limit, but I did beat you. It’s one thing to get close, another to get the job done! I’m sick of all of this. I’ll fight all five of you if I have to!”

Finally, Shane McMahon makes his way out, and walks right by each competitor.

Shane McMahon: I have no idea why you all think you can just hold up the entire show with this but let’s sort this out. First off, Test, I don’t know what the hell makes you think I approve of what you did last night. But hey, you made the challenge and I heard Kurt Angle accept. So we’re going to do that…next week!”

Both Austin and HHH slowly approach Shane, clearly not happy with what was just said.

Shane McMahon: Hey, calm down, just wait a second. Now look, all of you have a valid reason to be the #1 contender. So there’s only one way to decide it. Yeah, the WCW World Title will be on the line next week as Test takes on Kurt Angle. But also next week there will be a fatal four way match between Booker T, Christian, Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the winner of that will face the WCW World Champion at SuperBrawl!

Austin and Booker seem to like the sound of that, while HHH and Christian seem frustrated.

Shane McMahon: As for tonight! I know not all of you are 100%, so I’ll try to balance this the best I can. Tonight, let’s get a preview of next week. Tonight it’ll be a six man tag team match, Triple H, Test, Christian against Stone Cold, Booker and Angle!”

Triple H: (Referring to Christian)
“Are you kidding me, you got me teaming with him?”

Kurt Angle: This is all fine by me, I say let’s just start this party now!”

Angle starts punching at Test, and Austin and HHH go at it! Christian runs away from the whole exchange though, with Booker T chasing him down the rampway. Test and HHH both lose their slugfests and head to the outside, but then Angle turns around into a Stone Cold Stunner from Austin! How is this six man tag team match supposed to work later tonight?!

We see highlights of last night’s WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match, where Jerry Lynn got an assist from AJ Styles to end Taka Michinoku’s Cruiserweight title reign at 6 days.

Jerry Lynn © (w/ AJ Styles) vs. Taka Michinoku (w/ Michinoku Pro)

They lock up, and Lynn gets a waistlock and brings Taka to the mat, but Taka quickly escapes. Taka retreats to the apron, and Lynn comes off the second rope with a dropkick that sends Taka to the floor! Lynn slingshots over the rope with a plancha, but Yang and Kaz Hayashi move Taka to safety and Lynn crashes to the floor! All three stomp on Lynn as AJ Styles unintentionally distracts the referee. Taka brings Lynn back in and armdrags him over, then gets the headlock. Styles goes over and attacks Kaz and Yang, and referees end up coming down and throwing all three out.

Taka stomps away on Lynn, then snapmares him. Taka follows with a dropkick to the back of the head. Cover, 1…2…Lynn kicks out. Lynn reverses an Irish whip, but when going for the backdrop Taka leaps over him for a sunset slip, 1…2…Lynn kicks out again. Taka sends Lynn into the corner, then catches him with a belly to belly suplex! Another cover, 1…2…Lynn kicks out again. Lynn fires at Taka, trying to get some momentum, but Taka gets an open hand slap! Taka brings a dazed Lynn to the corner and hits a Tornado DDT! Cover again, 1…2…Lynn manages to kick out one more time! Taka is frustrated, but calls for the Michinoku Driver. He picks Lynn up, but Lynn slides to the back of Taka and gets a bridging German suplex! 1…2…Taka just kicks out!

Lynn now punches away at Taka before hooking him up for a suplex, but Taka lands on his feet and Lynn drops him with a neckbreaker instead! DDT from Lynn! Cover, 1…2…Taka just kicks out. Lynn picks Taka up over his head, but Taka counters with an armdrag. Lynn is quick to get to his feet but runs right into a Michinoku Driver! 1…2…Jerry Lynn kicks out at the last moment and Taka goes ballistic! Taka goes for another one, but Lynn counters it and Tombstones Taka! Jerry Lynn heads to the top rope and gets a top rope legdrop! Lynn picks Taka up, then plants him with the Crade Piledriver! 1…2…3!

Winner: Jerry Lynn via pinfall in 8:38 (Retains)

Yang
and Kaz Hayashi run down and attack Lynn, but AJ Styles isn’t far behind to help out the odds! Taka takes the base of the Japanese flag and hits Styles right in the back! Taka beats down both Lynn and Styles with the flag, and Michinoku Pro stand tall over both men!

We cut backstage for Jeremy Borash with WCW World Champion Kurt Angle.

Jeremy Borash: Kurt Angle
, how do you think your team with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Booker T will fare tonight against the trio of Triple H, Christian and Test?”

Kurt Angle: Hell if I know Borash! I already got Stone Cold taking cheap shots at me and I’m supposed to team with him tonight. As long as during the match we’re on the same page then I’ve got no problem. But other than that, I know what Stone Cold’s about. And after what he did earlier tonight, he better watch his back.”

Diamond Dallas Page (w/Torrie Wilson) vs. William Regal

Regal immediately fires some European uppercuts at DDP, then gets him with a knee to the midsection. DDP fires back with punches and hits a discus clothesline. Elbow drop from DDP, 1…2…Regla just kicks out. Regal gets a knee to the head to slow down DDP. Abdominal stretch from Regal. Regal tries to use the rope foe leverage, but DDP gets out with a hip toss. Page comes off the ropes but Regal gets him with an elbow, then hits European uppercuts over and over in the corner until DDP goes down. Regal waves to the crowd, but DDP bursts out of the corner and hammers Regal with lefts and rights! High angle belly to back suplex from DDP! DDP follows up with a Russian legsweep and the cover, 1…2…Regal just kicks out. Regal again slows DDP down with a thumb to the eye.

Regal locks in the headlock, trying to wear DDP down, but DDP fires back with elbows. DDP breaks out and clotheslines Regal down. Gutwrench sitout powerbomb from DDP! Cover, 1…2…Regal kicks out. DDP calls for the Diamond Cutter…but in runs…Fit Finlay? Finlay cracks DDP in the stomach with a pipe and the referee calls for the disqualification! Tajiri is out here too, and Regal holds Page up for Tajiri, who gets a straight kick to the side of the head.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page via DQ in 4:44

Tajiri
begins to stalk Torrie on the outside as Finlay and Regal beat the hell out of DDP…when Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire run down! O’Haire and Palumbo get some shots in at Regal and Finlay before they, with Tajiri, run off! O’Haire and Palumbo help DDP up!

Backstage we see Booker T warming up for the six-man tag team main event, when R-Killa bumps into him. There’s a moment of silence before R-Killa speaks up.

R-Killa:
You in my way….sucka…”

Booker T: Tell me you didn’t say that…tell…me…you did not just say that!”

R-Killa: “Yeah I said that. You know, you may think we’re from the same cloth, but I know you soft.”

Booker T: Soft? You want to get in the squared circle and we’ll see who’s soft.”

R-Killa: “One day soon Booker.

R-Killa backs away and somewhat runs off, as Booker just shakes his head.

Mike Tenay:
“Ladies and gentlemen, SuperBrawl XII is just four weeks away. I’m excited to announce we will be crowning a new WCW World Women’s Champion at SuperBrawl. Over the next four weeks we will have four one-on-one matches, and then a four way elimination match will take place at SuperBrawl. Jazz will take on Jacqueline. La Felina will face Molly Marvel. Luna Vachon takes on Alexis Laree. And coming right up, it will be Ivory against The Phoenix.”

WCW World Women’s Championship Tournament: Round 1
Ivory vs. The Phoenix

Ivory punches away at Phoenix, but there’s no effect at all. Ivory tries to run, but Phoenix grabs her by the hair and slams her down! Ivory grabs the ropes to get back to her feet, but Phoenix leaps on her back and Ivory’s crushed between her and the ropes. Phoenix picks Ivory up and we have an airplane spin! When Phoenix releases Ivory is clearly dizzy and just falls. Phoenix covers, 1…2…Ivory kicks out. Ivory rakes Phoenix in the eyes and gets a headbutt. Ivory now has control as a dropkick knocks Phoenix down. Phoenix gets to her feet, but Ivory double leg takes her down, then follows up with a bridging pin, 1…2…Phoenix kicks out. Ivory heads to the top rope and hits a diving crossbody! 1…2…Phoenix kicks out again!

Ivory heads to the top rope again, but Phoenix comes from behind and hits an electric chair drop! Phoenix grabs Ivory by the legs…and around and around she goes! Phoenix follows up with a Boston Crab, and Ivory screams in pain! Phoenix lets up and sends Ivory off the ropes, then military presses Ivory over her head! Ivory is able to slide off and lands on her feet, but she runs right into a clothesline from the Phoenix! Cover, 1…2…Ivory just kicks out! Phoenix comes off the ropes, but Ivory moves out of the way and Phoenix runs shoulder first into the second turnbuckles. Running facebuster from Ivory! 1…2…Phoenix kicks out! Ivory hits a drop toehold and Phoenix’s head hits the second turnbuckle again. This time Ivory covers, and has her feet on the ropes for good measure, 1…2…3! Ivory advances to SuperBrawl!

Winner: Ivory via pinfall in 6:26

Christian
and Test are backstage when Triple H walks in…

Christian:Look, all that stuff I said about beating you and all, you know I’m just joking right…”

Triple H: Haha yeah real funny look. I don’t like either of you, and I’m pretty sure neither of you like me. And past tonight, I don’t really give a damn if I ever seen any of you again. But tonight, we have a chance to take down Austin, Booker and Angle. This isn’t something that comes up every day. So, for one night, let’s not screw this up. I’ve got your backs, and I expect you all to get mine.”

Test: Yeah, sure, whatever.”

Triple H: Yeah, I’m sure this will be great…”

Triple H walks off and Test looks skeptical.

Christian:We’ll just do our thing tonight, we can’t worry about him.”

Kurt Angle, Booker T and Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H, Test and Christian

We get a huge six way brawl to start the match, with Angle, Booker and Austin getting the upper hand. Austin and HHH specifically continue to brawl on the outside and through the crowd. Booker T fires away at Christian in the ring as Angle and Test go to their respective corners. Booker tags in Angle, and Angle fires away at Christian, then hits him with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex! Christian tries to get away, and Angle gets a German suplex! Angle goes for another one, but Test runs in and knocks him down with a forearm. Christian makes the tag to Test, but Angle tags Booker back in, and Booker hits Test with a Harlem Sidekick! Test reverses an Irish whip, but Booker comes flying in with a flying forearm. Booker goes for the Bookend, but Test elbows his way out, then catches Booker with a huge sidewalk slam!

Test tags in Christian, and Christian chokes Booker on the ropes. Christian gets an inverted DDT and makes the cover, 1…2…Booker kicks out. Christian suplexes Booker then tags Test back in. Test stomps away at Booker in the corner, then stands him up and chokes Booker with his boot. Test goes for the Pumphandle slam, but Booker lands behind Test, and Booker takes Test out with a flying clothesline! Test tags in Christian, but Booker tags in Angle! Angle clotheslines Christian, then clotheslines Test. Another belly-to-belly from Angle to Christian! Triple H has left Austin on the outside and runs in and gets Angle with a chopblock. Triple H stomps away, but Austin slides in with a chair, and whacks Triple H upside the head causing the DQ!

Winners: Triple H, Christian and Test by DQ in 6:55

Stone Cold punches away at HHH. Austin then catches Test with a Stone Cold Stunner! Christian grabs the US title and runs out of there. Austin stands tall in the ring…when Kurt Angle catches him with the Angle Slam! Angle stands over HHH, Test and Austin, with Booker T standing on the apron looking right at him. Angle raises the WCW World Championship as Nitro goes off the air!

Quick Results

The Legion of Doom defeated The Faces of Fear when Hawk pinned The Barbarian

Jamie Noble and Kid Kash defeated Kronik when Noble pinned Clarke

Jerry Lynn pinned Taka Michinoku to retain the title

Diamond Dallas Page defeated William Regal by DQ when Fit Finlay and Tajiri interfered

WCW World Women’s Championship Tournament: Round 1
Ivory pinned The Phoenix

Triple H, Christian and Test defeated Kurt Angle, Booker T and Stone Cold Steve Austin by DQ

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

Christian (Defeated Tazz on 1-27-02)

Jerry Lynn (Defeated Taka Michinoku on 1-27-02)

Roster Updates

Fit Finlay
: Former WCW World Television Champion has returned to partner with old friend/rival William Regal