***BTB of the Month*** - WCW/ECW 2001 and Beyond - The Alliance Lives

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
wrestlewar.png

WCW/ECW WrestleWar 2002
PREVIEW AND Predictions

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, wrestling fans from all around the world! 'Mean' Gene Okerlund here. I hope you and your families enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. Now that we are passed the holiday, it is time for War. The WrestleWar will air live on Pay-Per-View from the Cow Palace in San Francisco, California on a special Saturday, not Sunday, but Saturday. First, let’s run down the one match that isn’t connected to the WrestleWar, but is a big deal on its own merit as it is for the WCW World Championship!”

WCW World Championship
Hulk Hogan © vs. Kurt Angle

“Mean” Gene Okerlund:
“The origins of this conflict can be traced back to the Slamboree Pay-Per-View back in May of this year. Hulk Hogan arrived with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall and cost Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship in a match against Triple H. Now, that situation with the New World Order turned on Hogan as Nash, Hall, and Triple H were in cahoots and blindsided Hogan. Hogan would return and lead Team WCW to victory over the NWO in War Games at Fall Brawl, although Angle himself was involved in the fall that led to victory. Hogan received a title shot at Triple H at Halloween Havoc and promised Angle a title shot as an apology for what he did at Slamboree. Hogan would win the title and is living up to his promise. Things have been chippy between Angle and Hogan since, but they will collide at the WrestleWar.”

The WrestleWar

“Mean” Gene Okerlund:
“The WrestleWar series of matches is a concept devised by Shane McMahon that is an amalgam of the WWF’s Royal Rumble match and WCW’s World War 3 match. There will be three separate 15-Man “Royal Rumble” Matches called the War Rumbles (they are not held at the same time). Two men begin each match and every 90 seconds another participant will enter. Elimination occurs when a competitor is tossed over the top rope and both feet hit the floor. The winner of each of the three matches will face off in a Triangle Elimination No-Disqualification Match called the Final Battle. The winner of Final Battle will have his choice of facing the WCW or ECW World Champion at Starrcade 2003. There are 45 competitors total for the WrestleWar, but I understand that ten of them will not be announced before showtime.”

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: “There is also a Women’s War Rumble featuring seven women. The match is similar in structure, only there are only 60 second intervals and no follow up match. The winner of the Women’s War Rumble will face the World Women’s Champion at Starrcade 2003.”

“Mean” Gene Okerlund:
“We’ll see everyone at the WrestleWar tomorrow night, 8:00 PM Eastern, 5:00 PM Pacific, live on Pay-Per-View. Call your local cable provider for more details!”

Current Prediction Contest Standings

@Dubble J : 877
@DGenerationMC : 830
@Roy Mustang : 756
@MTK36 : 210
@BattleTank : 145
Wolfbeast: 140
@White Rhyno : 125
@DakotaNorth : 75
Daken: 60
@Tyronesaurus24 : 60
@Order : 40
@Stojy : 30

There will be spots to use points in the future (including Cyberslam 2003!) That being said, we’re back to the standard prediction contest. Reminder for scoring there is a +25 bonus for winning the show.

I plan to post the show on 4/25.

WrestleWar 2002 Prediction Contest

The WrestleWar

Pick Three (3) Wrestlers. You’ll Get Points For ONLY the Best Performing Participant that you picked. (You may pick “mystery” as one of your three. You’ll get credit if any of the mystery entrants is your top performer). If your best performer does the following, you’ll get the following points:

Wins the WrestleWar:
50 Points
Finishes 2nd in the WrestleWar: 35 Points
Finishes 3rd in the WrestleWar: 20 Points
Finishes 2nd in a War Rumble: 10 Points

Entrants
AJ Styles, Bam Bam Bigelow, Billy Kidman, Booker T, Brock Lesnar, Deacon Batista, Chris Candido, Christian, Chuck Palumbo, Diamond Dallas Page, Eddie Guerrero, Elix Skipper, Fit Finlay, Hugh Morrus, Jerry Lynn, Jim Duggan, Kevin Nash, Lance Storm, Little Guido, Meng, Mike Awesome, Monty Brown, Rene Dupree, Rey Mysterio Jr., Rob Van Dam, Scott Hall, Shane Helms, Test, Triple H (Guaranteed to Enter #1), William Regal, Sabu, Sean O’Haire (Guaranteed to Enter #15), Shelton Benjamin, Stone Cold Steve Austin, X-Pac and 10 Mystery Entrants

Pick up to 10 Potential Surprise Entrants for the WrestleWar

0 Correct: 0 Points
1-3 Correct: 10 Points
4-5 Correct: 15 Points
6-10 Correct: 25 Points

The Women’s War Rumble (8 Points)
You may pick “mystery” here

Entrants
Alexis Laree, Ivory, Jacqueline, Jazz, Molly Marvel, The Phoenix and one mystery entrant.

Guess (one guess) the mystery entrant for the Women’s War Rumble (2 Points)

WCW World Championship (15 Points)
Hulk Hogan© vs. Kurt Angle

Last edited:

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

The WrestleWar

My three picks: Mystery, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Eddie Guerrero

Sting, Goldberg, Bubba Ray Dudley, D'Von Dudley, Tommy Dreamer, Mr Perfect, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Chris Jericho and Edge

You may pick “mystery” here
Mystery: Lita

Reactions: RDT

DGenerationMC

Reaction score
The WrestleWar
My three picks: Brock Lesnar, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mystery

Sting, Bubba Ray Dudley, D'Von Dudley, Tommy Dreamer, Mr Perfect, Chris Jericho, Scott Steiner, Rhyno, Ric Flair and The Giant

My Pick: Jazz

Guess (one guess) the mystery entrant for the Women’s War Rumble (2 Points)
Mystery: Sable

Hulk Hogan©
vs. Kurt Angle

Last edited:

MTK36

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
zMIREmq
Here we go again...

Men's WrestleWar:
Top 3: Triple H, Stone Cold, Eddie Guerrero
10 Mystery Entrants:
Goldberg, Scott Steiner, Shawn Michaels, Bryan Danielson, Ric Flair, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Masato Tanaka, The Sandman, Shane Douglas, Jeff Jarrett

Women's WrestleWar (I know it's called the War Rumble but for the sake of consistency...)
My Pick: Mystery Entrant
Mystery Entrant: Aja Kong!
WCW Championship Match:
Winner: Kurt Angle

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
WrestleWar: Brock Lesnar, Mystery, Steve Austin

Mystery Entrants: Sting, Chris Jericho, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair, Rhyno, Norman Smiley, R-Killa, The KISS Demon, Disco Inferno, La Parka

The Women's War Rumble: Mystery
Women's Mystery Entrant: Lita

World Title: Hogan over Angle

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
Just catching up in time for this one.

The WrestleWar:

Stone Cold Steve Austin, O'Haire, HHH

Sting, Jericho, The Hardyz, Rhyno, Jeff Jarrett, Mr Perfect, Low Ki, Chris Daniels, Ron Killings

mystery (LITA!??)

Guess (one guess) the mystery entrant for the Women’s War Rumble
Lita (if Jeff and Matt are in the wrestlewar, she may as well get involved)

Hulk Hogan©
vs. Kurt Angle

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
wrestlewar.png

WCW/ECW WrestleWar 2002
November 30, 2002
Cow Palace
San Francisco, CA

A limousine arrives in the parking lot of the Cow Palace. WCW Owner Shane McMahon runs up to the side door. He opens it…and The Giant steps out!

Shane McMahon: “Welcome back big man. Let’s go to my office and talk.”

As pyro goes off, kicking off the 2002 WrestleWar!

Mike Tenay:
“Welcome to the WrestleWar. Tonight, we’re taking a different approach to commentary. Don West and I are here, alongside ECW’s Joey Styles.”

Joey Styles: “Thank you, Mike. I’m happy to represent ECW alongside WCW for tonight’s WrestleWar!”

Don West: “We’re excited to have you, Joey! Gentlemen, did you see who was with Shane McMahon? The Giant might be in one of these things!”

Mike Tenay:
“If The Giant is indeed an entry, he’s gotta be one of, if not the favorites! Hey, we’re heading back out to the parking lot?”

The camera cuts back to the parking lot where The New World Order: Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Sean O’Haire are waiting. Another limo pulls in, and Eric Bischoff steps out.

Triple H: Eric, what’s the deal, you’re just showing up now?”

Eric Bischoff: “Hey, you know I have a good reason. Just take a look who I brought with me to help us out tonight.”

Triple H takes a look inside the limo.

Triple H: “Well I’ll be damned, he’s with us tonight?”

Eric Bischoff: “Sure is. I got another guy coming down later, he’s just running a bit late.”

The New World Order all seem quite happy with who was in the car, but the fans don’t get to see who it is as the camera cuts back to the arena.

Joey Styles: “You know what, I’m all for more NWO members for ECW to beat the hell out of!”

Mike Tenay: “We’re kicking things off tonight with the first of three War Rumbles that are apart of the WrestleWar! Here are the rules. Each War Rumble will feature 15 participants. Two begin, with another competitors entering every 90 seconds. Elimination occurs only when a participant is thrown or in some way goes over the top rope and both feet hit the floor. The winner of each War Rumble advances to Final Battle last tonight!”

Don West: “Let’s get this thing going! Who’s #1?”

Joey Styles: “Oh god, it’s this psychopath! Anyone who joins a religious cult with the Dudleys needs serious help!”

Deacon Batista is #1!

#2 is the WCW return of one of the most famous Mexican wrestlers in the world!

Before the match begins, La Parka stands on his chair in the middle of the ring, microphone in hand.

La Parka: SKULL CAPTAIN IS BACK IN THE HIIIZOUSE! Yo yo yo let me speak on this. La Parka is back and any fool who wants to take on the chairman is only gonna get one result with this chair. That’s the 1414, one for me, and one for my homies!”

Joey Styles: “Look, I know I may not be up to snuff with my WCW gimmicks…but is this guy actually saying the words here?”

Mike Tenay:
“It’s a long story, Joey.”

La Parka moves the microphone from his mouth…but the words keep coming…

La Parka: “The first thing the chairman is gonna do is take out this ugly lookin’ dude right here. You’ve got one chance to step out before I take this chair and beat your ass!”

La Parka retreats in fear, indicating he didn’t actually say what came from the microphone as Batista approaches him. Batista challenges La Parka to smashes him with the chair as the bell rings.

Don West: “What a way to start this thing.”

War Rumble #1

Batista demands La Parka to hit him with the chair. La Parka winds up and smashes Batista right in the face with the chair, then turns and does his dance, thinking he’s taken out the monster. Unfortunately for La Parka the chairshot had no effect on Batista. La Parka turns around and Batista plants him with a spinebuster! Batista grabs La Parka by the back of his hood and tosses him over the top rope and onto the floor (Elimination #1: La Parka by Batista). Batista stands stoically in the ring as he waits for #3.

Chuck Palumbo runs right into the ring and he and Batista trade blows. Palumbo reverses a whip into the corner and catches Batista with a discus punch. Batista comes back with a hard clothesline that levels Palumbo. Batista shoves Palumbo into the corner before knocking him down with a clothesline. Batista tries to eliminate Palumbo, but Palumbo hits a couple of elbows to stay alive. Jungle Kick from Palumbo staggers Batista, but Palumbo runs right into a shoulder tackle and he tries to follow up. Batista pounds away on Palumbo in the corner as #4 is coming.

Don West: “The US champ!”

Christian stops short of entering the ring though, seeing Batista waiting for him. Batista goes back to stomping away on Chuck Palumbo. Batista sends Palumbo off the ropes, but Palumbo comes back with a running back elbow. Palumbo comes off the ropes and cracks Batista in the mouth with another running back elbow! Neither knock Batista down, so Palumbo hits a kick to the midsection. Big suplex from Palumbo! Palumbo tries to send Batista out, but Batista uses his strength to hold into the top rope. Batista catches Palumbo with two hard blows then runs Palumbo into the corner. Batista smashes his shoulder into Palumbo’s midsection. He sends Palumbo off the ropes then picks him up, planting him with a powerslam! A staggered Palumbo gets back to his feet only for Batista to send him out over the top rope and to the floor with a clothesline (Elimination #2: Palumbo by Batista). Batista then turns to Christian, who still hasn’t gotten into the ring, as #5 is on his way.

Mike Tenay: “They’re on their feet for Booker T!”

Booker T confidently comes down to the ring. He takes a look at Christian, who’s still cowering on the outside, before sliding into the ring and coming to blows with Batista! Booker wins the exchange and backs Batista into the corner, hitting him with punches and chops. Roundhouse kick from Booker stuns Batista! Batista attempts to get back to his feet, but Booker catches him with a kick. Booker prepares to hit Batista with the Scissors Kick and comes off the ropes…but Christian trips him from the outside! Christian slides in and stomps away on Booker. Booker fires back, but Christian gets a knee to the midsection to slow him down. Christian comes off the ropes, but Booker catches him with a Harlem sidekick! Batista attacks Booker from behind as the next entrant is on his way to the ring.

Chris Candido runs in and attacks Christian before he can help Batista double-team Booker T. Candido stomps away on Christian as Batista beats down Booker T in the corner. Batista comes over to Candido, who uses his quickness to evade Batista. Candido tries a kick, but Batista catches it…only for Candido to hit him with an enzugiri. Candido elbows Christian, then hits him with a belly-to-belly suplex. Candido jumps up to the second rope and hits Christian with the New Jersey Jam. Booker T and Candido team-up to try to dump Batista, but Batista again proves to be too strong and fights them off. Batista catches Candido with a hard clothesline, but Booker hits a flying forearm to knock Batista back down.

Finlay runs down and immediately gets into it with Booker T. Booker goes for a back bodydrop, but Finlay puts on the brakes and kicks Booker in the face, then levels him with a clothesline. Finlay takes Candido down, but then he walks into a Booker T spinebuster. Christian attacks Booker from behind and hits him with an inverted falling DDT. Christian tries to get rid of Booker, but Booker elbows his way free. Finlay knees Booker in the midsection, then catches Batista with a European uppercut. Finlay goes back to Booker and tries to wear him down. Candido hits Batista with a dropkick, but then Christian tosses Candido over the top rope. Candido lands on the apron and quickly heads up to the top rope, and hits Christian with an axhandle smash!

The monster Meng comes down to the ring and he and Finlay immediately go at it. Meng gets a knee to Finlay’s midsection and knocks him down with a thrust punch to the throat. Batista tries to headbutt Meng, but it hurts Batista more and Meng runs him down. Vicious headbutt from Meng to Booker. Candido comes off the top rope, but he ends up leaping right into the Tongan Death Grip! Finlay attacks Meng and the two wrestle towards the ropes, before Finlay lifts Meng off his feet…and both men go tumbling over the top rope and onto the floor (Eliminations #3 and #4: Meng and Finlay eliminate one another). Finlay and Meng continue to fight on the outside as those two have no love lost for one another! In the ring Christian tries to eliminate Booker, but Booker holds on.

Don West: “Things are getting serious now! It’s Big Sexy!

Joey Styles:
“You know Chris Candido is going to want a shot at him!”

Kevin Nash comes into the ring and immediately levels Candido with a big boot. Nash grabs Christian and hits him with snake eyes in the corner. Nash bashes Booker with a huge forearm, then chokes him in the corner with his boot. Candido jumps on Nash’s back, but Nash elbows him off. Nash plants a boot in Candido’s midsection then sets him up and drops him with a thunderous Jackknife Powerbomb! Nash tosses Candido out with ease (Elimination #5: Candido by Nash). Nash catches Batista with an elbow, then picks up Booker and plants him with a sidewalk slam. Nash tosses Christian over the top, but Christian lands on the apron. Booker gets a couple of shots in on Nash, but Nash hits him with a knee to the midsection, then drops Booker with a forearm. Nash has complete control of the ring and poses to the crowd as the clock counts down from 10.

Mike Tenay: “They’re on their feet at the Cow Palace!”

DDP slides into the ring and ducks a Nash clothesline, nailing Nash with one on the way back! DDP hits a swinging neckbreaker on Nash. Batista attacks DDP. He sends DDP off the ropes, but DDP counters the spinebuster by landing on his feet, then drops Batista with a Diamond Cutter! Christian attacks DDP. Christian brings DDP to the corner and punches away. Christian jumps up to the second rope, looking for a Tornado DDT, but DDP punches his way free, then hits Christian with a Diamond Cutter off the second rope! Nash misses a big boot, and when he turns around DDP plants him with a Diamond Cutter too! DDP looks at Booker, and the both run at Batista and clothesline him over the top rope to eliminate him (Elimination #6: Batista by Booker and DDP)! DDP and Booker try to dump Nash, but Nash is able to hold on.

Test comes down and attacks Booker, basically saving Nash. Test hits Booker with hard punches, then catches DDP with a forearm. Test sets DDP up and hits the Pumphandle Slam. Booker attacks Test, but Christian attacks Booker from behind. Test catches Booker with a hard shot to the face, and Christian drops Booker with an inverted DDT to the knee. Christian and Test try to dump out Booker, but Booker holds on. Booker punches his way out of the situation, but Nash stops him in his tracks with a shot to the face. Booker fires back, then knocks Nash down with a Harlem sidekick. DDP tries to toss Christian, but Christian again holds on. DDP and Booker pound away on Test in the corner, then hit him with a double flapjack. Christian runs at Booker, but Booker catches him and hits a Bookend! Booker and DDP are the only ones standing and look as if they are going to go at it, but the clock begins its countdown.

Mike Tenay: “I know that guy! Why is Jim Cornette out here?”

Joey Styles:
“Oh my god!”

Don West: “IT’S VADER TIME!”

Booker T and DDP stare down the 450-pound former multi-time WCW World Champion as Vader makes his way down to the ring! Vader slides in and immediately levels DDP with a vicious clothesline. Body tackle knocks DDP down, and Vader splashes him! Vader whips Christian into the corner and avalanches him in the corner, then clotheslines him down as he staggers out! Test goes for the Big Boot, only Vader moves and Test ends up kicking the top turnbuckle. Vader clotheslines Test over the top rope and onto the floor (Elimination #7: Test by Vader). Booker attacks Vader. He tries to get him over the top rope, but Vader catches him with a punch. Vader corners Booker and proceeds to beat the hell out of him with hard lefts and rights! Vader then body tackles Nash. Vader lets out a roar as he’s dominated the ring!

Elix Skipper runs up to the top rope and leaps at Vader, but Vader catches him, then tosses Skipper over the top rope with a Fall Away Slam (Elimination #8: Skipper by Vader). Nash finally stops Vader with a big boot that levels the monster. Nash and Vader trade blows in the corner. DDP and Booker sneak up on Nash to try to get rid of him, but Nash elbows Booker off and throws DDP backwards. Vader and Nash go back to trading stiff shots, and a double clothesline knocks both men down. Christian tries to take advantage of the situation and quickly looks to dump DDP, but DDP hangs on. Christian runs at DDP and DDP backdrops Christian over the top rope, but Christian survives once again by landing on the apron. DDP doesn’t notice though as he and Booker face-off again. Christian nails DDP from behind, and DDP crashes into Booker. Christian encourages Booker and DDP to fight, but they realize what happened and corner Christian.

Don West: Christian’s gonna have some help!”

Despite Booker T and DDP beating down Christian, Rene Dupree takes his time heading to the ring. As soon as Dupree enters the ring, Booker and DDP throw Christian at him, sending both him and Christian over the top rope and onto the floor (Eliminations #9 and #10: Dupree and Christian by Booker and DDP)! Vader attacks both Booker and DDP. He sends Booker over the top rope, but Booker hangs on and lands on the apron. Vader pounds away on DDP before Nash blasts him with a big boot. Vader stumbles by the ropes, and Nash finishes the job by dumping the monster over the top rope and onto the floor (Elimination #11: Vader by Nash). Booker gets back in the ring and helps DDP up as Nash realizes he’s outnumbered. Nash feigns concern for a few moments, before using both hands to point at the entrance way as the clock counts down.

Mike Tenay: “It looks like Nash knows who’s coming!”

Don West: “BIG POPPA PUMP!”

Wearing a green-and-black NWO t-shirt, Scott Steiner makes his way down to the ring to join Kevin Nash against Booker T and Diamond Dallas Page! Nash and Booker square off as does DDP and Steiner. While Booker and Nash fight to seemingly a draw, Steiner is all over DDP. Steiner hits DDP with a belly-to-belly suplex before helping Nash and taking out Booker T. Butterfly suplex from Steiner to Booker. Steiner pounds away on Booker as Nash sets DDP up. Nash goes for the Jackknife on DDP, but DDP slides behind him and lands on his feet. Steiner immediately wallops DDP with a Steinerline before he can take advantage. Steiner goes over to Booker and tries to dump him out, but Booker powers out. Booker ducks a clothesline and knocks Steiner down with a roundhouse kick! Nash tries a big boot, but Booker moves out of the way and Nash ends up straddling the top rope! Harlem sidekick knocks Nash fully over the top rope and he crashes to the floor (Elimination #12: Nash by Booker)!

DDP attacks Steiner, but Steiner backdrops him over the top rope, with DDP’s foot hitting Booker in the back of the head. Both men go over the top rope, and Steiner knocks DDP off the apron (Elimination #13: DDP by Steiner), but can’t do the same to Booker. Booker hits a couple of shots to Steiner’s face and steps back into the ring. Steiner shoves Booker into the corner and hits him with a knee to the midsection, then hits a belly-to-belly suplex out of the corner! As Booker struggles to get back to his feet, Steiner does some push-ups to taunt Booker. Steiner clubs Booker in the back, then climbs on the back of Booker and locks in the Steiner Recliner! Steiner puts on the pressure as Booker screams in pain. Steiner releases, but not before jumping on Booker’s back to leave him lying. Steiner poses towards the crowd before picking up Booker. He tries to dump Booker out, but Booker counters and goes for the Bookend! Steiner counters that though and hits a Northern Lights Suplex. Steiner whips Booker off the ropes and goes for a back bodydrop, but Booker kicks him in the face! Booker hits another kick, then hits the Scissors Kick! Booker pops up with the Spinarooni, although he favors his back when he gets back to his feet. Still, when Steiner gets back to his feet, Booker clotheslines him out, winning the first War Rumble!

Winner: Booker T when he last eliminated Scott Steiner in 25:39

Booker T
celebrates winning the War Rumble as Scott Steiner smashes TV equipment on the outside of the ring. Booker tends to his back for a moment though, we’ll see how that’ll affect him later tonight in the Final Battle.

Shane McMahon
and The Giant are discussing something in Shane’s office.

Shane McMahon: “…well unfortunately, I can’t get you in one of these WrestleWar matches. It’s too late.”

The Giant: “I’m not worried about that, Shane. You know what I want. It’s the only thing I want.”

Shane McMahon: “I don’t know if I can guarantee that for you. You know how he is. If he doesn’t want the match it won’t happen.”

The Giant: “I’m sorry who’s the owner here? Why you letting him run this place, huh? Your dad would never…”

Shane McMahon: “Hey. That’s just how it is. His contract lets him pick and choose.”

The Giant: “Well Shane I thought we were making a deal tonight, but I guess not. Call me when you’re serious.”

Shane McMahon: Paul, wait…”

The Giant gets up and walks out, leaving Shane in his office.

Mike Tenay:
“Well, what was that all about?”

Don West: “It looks like The Giant and Shane McMahon couldn’t work out things.”

Mike Tenay:
“It looked that way. Well, we’re going to continue here with our second War Rumble. Booker T of course won the first one just moments ago.”

Don West: “We were expecting this one, Triple H is #1!”

Mike Tenay:
“That means Sean O’Haire will be #15 in this one.”

Triple H’s look of confidence suddenly turns to fear as Mike Awesome is #2!

Joey Styles: “Oh I’m going to enjoy this!”

War Rumble #2

Awesome stands tall as he challenges Triple H to stand across from him in the middle of the ring. Triple H prefers to keep his distance. After a few moments Awesome decides he’s down waiting and goes after HHH. HHH fires some punches, but there’s no effect on Awesome. Awesome fires his own punches, but one misses and HHH clotheslines Awesome over the top rope! Awesome lands on the apron and HHH thinks he eliminated him. HHH turns back towards Awesome and Awesome leaps over the top rope and hits HHH with a flying shoulder block! Awesome presses HHH over his head. He threatens to toss HHH out, but HHH fights it enough so that Awesome has to settle slamming HHH in the middle of the ring. Awesome comes off the ropes and hits an Awesome splash as #3 is on his way.

William Regal comes down and immediately attacks Awesome. Regal hits Awesome with European uppercuts. He tries to suplex Awesome, but Awesome blocks it and plants Regal with a release German suplex. HHH hits Awesome with a flying knee, then punches away at him. HHH encourages Regal to help him fight Awesome, but that leads to Awesome knocking both men down with a double clothesline. Awesome tries to get rid of Regal, but HHH makes the save with a low blow that completely stops Awesome in his tracks. HHH stomps away on Awesome, then allows Regal to lock in the Regal Stretch. HHH continues to stomp on Awesome as Regal really has the Stretch locked in as #4 is on his way.

Joey Styles: Mike Awesome is going to have some help!”

Storm slides into the ring and ducks a clothesline from HHH. Superkick from Storm on HHH! Regal releases Awesome but he too gets hit with a superkick from Storm. Storm sends Regal off the ropes and rolls into the Canadian Maple Leaf (Rolling Half Crab). Meanwhile HHH sends Awesome into the corner, but Awesome leaps up to the top rope and hits HHH with a flying back elbow! Awesome clotheslines HHH over the top rope, and HHH just barely hangs onto the top rope to survive! Storm hits Regal with another superkick, and Regal stumbles into another release German suplex from Awesome! Awesome sets Triple H up…he goes for an Awesome Bomb but walks HHH over to the edge of the ring to send him to the floor, but HHH slides back onto his feet. HHH levels Storm with a clothesline, but Awesome takes HHH out with a flying clothesline of his own as #5 is on the way!

Joey Styles: “Looks like we’re going to see Scott Hall get what’s coming to him from Total Impact!

Scott Hall takes his time coming down to the ring as Mike Awesome stands in the middle of the ring waiting for him. Regal chop blocks Awesome. Awesome responds with a hard right then sends Regal flying to the outside (Elimination #1: Regal by Awesome) as Scott Hall runs in and attacks him from behind. Hall gets some shots in and knocks Awesome down with a discus clothesline. Storm punches Hall, but Hall wins that exchange. Hall boots Storm and sets him up…Outsider’s Edge connects! Hall sends Storm flying to the outside then gives him the “Suck It” gesture as he hits the floor (Elimination #2: Storm by Hall). Hall boots Awesome. With HHH’s help, Hall gets Awesome up for the Outsider’s Edge, and slams him down with it! Hall and HHH try to get rid of Awesome, but Awesome still has some life left in him and manages to hold onto the top rope.

Joey Styles: “Oh look, it’s one of the NWO's top guys!”

Mike Tenay: “Wait, what?”

Dennis Rodman, dressed in a green-and-black “Rodzilla” basketball jersey, slides into the ring. He does the “too sweet” gesture with Hall and HHH and insists he be the one to eliminate Awesome. HHH says he and Hall will take care of it. Hall turns his attention back to Awesome but gets backdropped to the floor (Elimination #3: Hall by Awesome). Awesome does the same to HHH, but HHH lands on the apron. Rodman poses at the crowd, not realizing that Awesome is standing right behind him! Rodman turns around…and Awesome destroys him with a vicious clothesline! Awesome presses Rodman over his head and tosses him over the top rope onto Hall, with Rodman hitting the floor (Elimination #4: Rodman by Awesome). Awesome turns around back towards HHH, but HHH was waiting and levels Awesome with a clothesline himself.

Mysterio springboards off the top rope and catches HHH with a diving hurricanrana! HHH ends up in the ropes and Rey hits him with the 6-1-9! Rey springboards off the second rope and knocks HHH down with a dropkick. HHH ends up in the ropes, so Rey hits him with another 6-1-9! Springboard legdrop connects on HHH! Rey turns around and ducks a clothesline from Awesome. Mysterio comes off the ropes and hits Awesome with a flying headscissors! Rey springboards off the ropes again with a crossbody onto Awesome, but Awesome catches him and slams him down to slow down Rey’s momentum. Rey gets back to his feet and hits Awesome in the legs with some kicks, but Awesome grabs Rey by the head and slams him down again.

Hugh Morrus comes down to the ring and immediately goes after Awesome. He sends Awesome into the corner and avalanches him. Morrus slams Awesome down, then heads to the top rope. No Laughing Matter moonsault connects! Rey attacks Morrus, but Morrus sends Rey into the corner. Morrus charges after him, but Rey leaps up and hits a headscissors on Morrus. Triple H attacks Rey, but Rey catches him with a dropkick. Spinning heel kick from Rey actually knocks HHH over the top rope, but HHH lands on the apron and hangs on. Rey runs at HHH, but HHH hits Rey with a knee to stop him. HHH gets back into the ring and hits a neckbreaker on Rey as all four men are down in the ring. HHH is the first to get back to his feet.

Don West: “The NWO really is busting out all the stops aren’t they?”

Mike Tenay: “The Pearl of the Orient, the leader of NWO Japan!

Joey Styles:
“And a former ECW World Television Champion!

The Great Muta comes down to the ring and Triple H is ready to welcome him. Morrus gets back to his feet and is about to attack Triple H, but Muta stops him with the Green Mist to the eyes! HHH tosses Morrus out (Elimination #5: Morrus by Muta). Muta stomps away on Awesome and hits him with an elbow drop as HHH pounds on Rey in the corner. HHH sends Rey off the ropes, but Rey slides under HHH, then hits him with a dropkick. Muta misses a kick and Rey hits him with a hurricanrana! Rey hits the ropes again and HHH tries a sidewalk slam, only Rey’s momentum is too great and he catches HHH with a flying headscissors! Rey tries his luck with Awesome, but Awesome sends Rey flying in the air and Rey crashes onto the canvas face-first.

Mike Tenay: “Here comes Monty Brown!”

Monty Brown slides into the ring and boots Awesome, then hits him with a neckbreaker. He presses Rey over his head and slams him to the canvas. He traps Muta’s arms and hits a triple backbreaker, then takes out HHH with the POUNCE! Brown picks up Muta and hits a powerslam. Brown tries to powerslam Awesome, but Awesome breaks free and ends up powerslamming Brown. HHH attacks Awesome to no avail, and Awesome punches HHH down hard. Muta kicks Awesome in the back, then continues to hit kicks…before Brown comes up from behind him and dumps him out (Elimination #6: Muta by Brown). Awesome boots Brown, then hits him with a suplex.

Mike Tenay: “Whoa, that’s the current IWGP World Champion!"

Mike Tenay: “He’s not wearing the green-and-black, is Scott Norton with the NWO?

Brown immediately goes for the POUNCE when Norton enters the ring, but Norton’s shoulder block wins out! Norton boots Awesome and powerbombs him in the middle of the ring! HHH goes up to Norton, thinking he’s an ally…but Norton bashes him with hard forearms. Norton tosses HHH into the corner then hits him with a powerslam coming out of the corner. Rey leaps at Norton but Norton swats him away like a fly! Awesome gets back to his feet and attacks Norton. Both men trade stiff blows, and Awesome wins this exchange and shoves Norton to the canvas. Norton gets back to his feet and blasts Awesome with some hard shots. Awesome and Norton fight near the ropes…and HHH comes from under them and dumps them both out (Eliminations #7 and #8: Awesome and Norton by Triple H). Rey nearly gets HHH out as he dropkicks HHH in the back and HHH goes over the top rope and onto the apron, but HHH hangs on.

Joey Styles: “Man is X-Pac lucky that Awesome just got dumped out.”

With Awesome and Norton arguing on the outside, X-Pac takes a cheap shot at Awesome before sliding into the ring. Awesome wants a piece of X-Pac…but officials hold him back while making sure he and Norton don’t go at it either. In the ring. X-Pac hits Rey with a spin kick. He traps Rey in the corner and hits him with a jumping back kick, dropping Rey into a sitting position. X-Pac goes for the Bronco Buster, only Rey puts his foot in the way and X-Pac’s…lower extremities end up on Rey’s foot. Rey sends X-Pac into the corner and hits a couple of kicks himself, dropping X-Pac into a sitting position. Now Rey gets a full head of steam and hits the Bronco Buster on X-Pac! X-Pac gets back to his feet and Brown quickly clotheslines him out (Elimination #9: X-Pac by Brown). HHH attacks Brown, then knocks down Rey.

Joey Styles: “One-half of the ECW World Tag Team Champions. One of the icons of ECW, the Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal…Sabu!

Sabu runs into the ring with a chair and throws it in HHH’s face! Sabu punches away at Brown then smashes him in the back with the chair. Sabu turns around and Rey is ready for him.

Joey Styles: “These two had a few hell of a matches over the past six months!”

Sabu tosses the chair down out of respect. He dives at Rey’s leg and brings him down, then hits an elbow drop. Sabu springboards off the ropes and hits Rey with a leg lariat. Sabu then picks up the chair and now he tosses it off Rey’s skull! Sabu points to the sky as Triple H gets back to his feet in the corner. Sabu sets the chair up in the middle of the ring, then hits HHH with Air Sabu! Sabu launches himself at Brown as well, only Brown catches him with a back elbow. Brown takes the chair and smashes it over Sabu’s back.

Joey Styles: “The other half of the ECW World Tag Team Champions. The former ECW World Champion: Rob Van Dam!

RVD slides into the ring and knocks Brown down with a spin kick. HHH gets back up to his feet, just for RVD to jump at him and hit a monkey flip out of the corner! RVD slams HHH then checks on Sabu. Sabu leaps onto the apron as RVD hits the ropes, and they hit HHH with Rolling Thunder! RVD and Sabu try to get HHH out, when Sean O’Haire runs down to the ring early attack both of them to make the save.

Mike Tenay: “Hey, we know he’s #15 but he’s out here early!”

Don West:
“Who’s going to stop him?”

O’Haire takes the chair and smashes it over Sabu’s back before tossing it out of the ring. Brown runs at him, but O’Haire backdrops him onto the apron. A ridgehand from O’Haire knocks Brown off the apron and onto the floor (Elimination #10: Brown by O’Haire). The countdown clock goes off…but of course O’Haire is already in the ring.

HHH, Mysterio, Sabu, RVD, and O’Haire. O’Haire tries to eliminate Sabu, but Rey hits a dropkick to the back. Rey tries for a hurricanrana on O’Haire, but O’Haire just tosses him off like he’s nothing. O’Haire puts Sabu on the top turnbuckle and tries to punch him out, but Sabu fires back. Sabu hits O’Haire with enough punches to knock him down, then comes off the top rope with a legdrop. Sabu quickly slides out of the ring to get the chair. He sets it up and goes for the Triple Jump Moonsault, but Triple H shoves Sabu off the top rope and he goes flying into the barricade (Elimination #11: Sabu by HHH). RVD takes the chair and tosses it at HHH. HHH catches it, but ducks out of the way of the Van Daminator, with RVD kicking the chair out of HHH’s hands to the outside. HHH boots RVD and goes for a Pedigree, but Rey hits him with a spinning heel kick.

HHH tries a spinebuster on Rey, but Rey holds onto HHH and has a kind of front headlock on HHH. HHH props Rey on the top rope, but Rey punches away at HHH. Rey knocks HHH away, but RVD was going for the save. With HHH out of the way, RVD accidentally nails Rey…and Rey loses his balance on the top rope and falls to the floor (Elimination #12: Mysterio by RVD). RVD counters a sneak attack on HHH with a roundhouse kick, then hits HHH with the split legged moonsault! O’Haire grabs RVD though and hits a knee to the head, followed by a spinebuster. O’Haire tries to get RVD out as HHH lies in the opposite corner. RVD tries to fight back, but O’Haire pounds away at him in the corner. HHH gets to his feet to help O’Haire…but then goes back down and feigns being more injured than he’s letting on. O’Haire slams RVD, then goes to check on HHH. O’Haire helps HHH up…and HHH surprises O’Haire and tosses him over the top rope and onto the floor (Elimination #13: O’Haire by HHH).

HHH points to his head, indicating to O’Haire that he just outsmarted him. O’Haire is irate, and HHH demands that O’Haire toss the chair from earlier into the ring. O’Haire curses at HHH but HHH again demands that he toss the chair in. O’Haire takes his time and grabs the chair, but doesn’t toss it in. RVD gets back to his feet, and O’Haire then tosses the chair to HHH. HHH turns around and gets hit with the Van Daminator! RVD heads to the top rope…Five Star Frog Splash! HHH manages to still get to his feet, but RVD finishes the job by clotheslining HHH over the top rope and onto the floor!

Winner: Rob Van Dam when he last eliminated Triple H in 27:12

Rob Van Dam
briefly celebrates, but ducks out of the ring when Sean O’Haire slides in. Triple H rolls back into the ring, now bloodied from the Van Daminator. HHH slowly gets back to his feet, but when he does he immediately gets in O’Haire’s face. O’Haire doesn’t say anything, but just points to his head (although it isn’t clear what smart move O’Haire made here). Eric Bischoff, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash come down quickly to make sure HHH and O’Haire don’t come to blows.

Don West: “I can’t believe what he just saw! It’s as if the NWO was imploding right in front of us!”

Mike Tenay: “Unbelievable. I think Triple H deserved that result after screwing his teammate over.”

Joey Styles: “Good riddance to the NWO. Rob Van Dam is not only a deserving winner, he just might be the favorite in tonight’s main event no matter who wins the third War Rumble. A three-way no-disqualification match is right up RVD’s alley!”

Mike Tenay:
“That might be so, Joey. I understand we’re going backstage now as an incident has transpired outside of WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan’s locker room. Jeremy Borash is back there now. Jeremy, what can you tell us?”

Jeremy Borash: “Thank you, Mike. Jeremy Borash here. A few moments ago some loud sounds were heard, leading to officials to find WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan’s locker room door broken down, and Hulk Hogan lying unconscious. Now, Hogan has regained consciousness, but officials are still weary, plus, there’s damage to his left knee and he’s struggling to walk. We don’t know what this means for the WCW World Championship Match against Kurt Angle later tonight, but I’ll send over more information as it comes.”

Mike Tenay: “Ok, thank you, Jeremy. We have the third War Rumble coming up, afterwards we’ll check in on that situation.”

Don West:
“Did Angle take out Hogan before the match?”

Joey Styles: “Well look who drew #1.”

Mike Tenay: “Tough luck for Eddie Guerrero.”

Joey Styles: “It’s not just tough luck. If he’s going to win this thing he’s going to have to come across Stone Cold at some point!”

Mike Tenay: “Wow! The Ultimo Dragon?! He just recently returned to wrestling in Japan after a four-year absence due to nerve damage to his arm and he’s looked amazing! He and Guerrero battled many times in the WCW Cruiserweight division in the mid-90s! And now he’s here! Former World Cruiserweight Champion and WCW Television Champion. One-time holder of the J-Crown, which was eight different titles across three countries!”

War Rumble #3

Eddie tries to attack the Dragon right away, but Dragon evades and catches him with a kick to the leg. Dragon continues with the kicks then catches Eddie with a jumping back kick. Dragon armdrags Eddie out of the corner. Eddie quickly gets to his feet and he runs at Dragon, but Dragon leapfrogs over him. Eddie tries his own kick but Dragon quickly evades and trips Eddie instead! Dragon sends Eddie off the ropes and his a monkey flip, sending Eddie into the ropes. Eddie slides under the bottom rope to get a breather, but Dragon goes through the ropes, then surprises Eddie with the move he invented, the Springboard Asai Moonsault! Dragon rolls Eddie back into the ring and heads to the top rope. Eddie gets back to his feet, only for Dragon to hit him with another moonsault! Dragon then quickly locks in the Dragon Sleeper as #3 is on his way!

Joey Styles: Little Guido won, and I use that term loosely, won a battle royal on RISE to earn a spot in the WrestleWar!

Guido enters the ring but the Dragon releases Eddie, does a handspring backflip and hits Guido with a flying elbow as soon as he enters the ring. Dragon comes off the ropes and hits Guido with a spinning heel kick. He hits Guido with a flurry of kicks then plants Guido with a Fisherman’s Brainbuster! Eddie attacks Dragon from behind, then finally takes him down with a belly-to-belly suplex. Eddie tries to toss the Dragon, but the Dragon holds onto the top rope. Eddie then sends Dragon into the corner, but Dragon catches him with an axe kick to the head as Eddie runs in. A dropkick sends Eddie over the top rope, but Eddie lands on the apron. Guido hits Dragon from behind and brings him to the corner. Guido prepares to hit a Tornado Sicilian Slice, but Dragon blocks it. Dragon climbs up to the turnbuckles with Guido and takes him down with a Dragon-rana!

Kidman is #4 and he runs down to the ring. He catches Eddie with a dropkick. Eddie fires back with a kick and goes for a powerbomb, but Kidman counters with a facebuster! Kidman and Dragon face off. Kidman surprises Dragon with a dropkick then kicks away at him in the corner. Kidman sends Dragon into the corner, but Dragon blocks by doing a handstand on the top rope! Kidman sends Guido into the same corner and Dragon ends up dropkicking Guido. Kidman grabs Dragon and hits him with a springboard bulldog. Kidman slams Dragon then hits a legdrop. Eddie tries to surprise Kidman by tossing him out, but Kidman counters and nearly sends Eddie out, only Eddie holds onto the ropes. Kidman turns his attention back to Dragon, but Dragon takes him out with a furry of kicks. Eddie knees Dragon in the back and plants him with a brainbuster.

Shane Helms slides into the ring and immediately punches away at Eddie Guerrero. Big clothesline knocks Eddie down. Helms sees Guido getting back to his feet and hits him with a swinging neckbreaker. Helms and Kidman trade shots, but Kidman misses a punch and Helms counters with a superkick. Helms then hits Dragon with a Shining Wizard! Helms tries to eliminate the Dragon, but Dragon holds on to the ropes. Kidman slows Helms down with a flying headscissors. Eddie attacks Kidman, then hooks him up and slams him down with a Gory Special! Eddie dropkicks Helms over the top rope, but Helms barely manages to avoid elimination by hanging onto the ropes and finally landing on the apron. Dragon sneaks up behind Eddie and plants him with a Tiger Suplex, but then Guido grabs Dragon’s arm and lands a springboard Sicilian Slice DDT!

Don West: “So much for the cruiserweight theme.”

“Hacksaw” Duggan comes in and hits big punches on Guido. Duggan hits Kidman with a couple of punches, then hits Eddie with a couple as well. Duggan runs over Dragon with a clothesline before posing to the crowd and letting out a big HOOOO! Kidman and Helms team up and slow down Duggan with punches in the corner. Dragon grabs Guido and sends him into the opposite corner. Dragon mounts Guido and hits him with punches, only for Eddie to sneak up on Dragon and knock him over the top rope and onto the apron. A dropkick from Eddie sends Dragon off the apron and onto the floor, to some notable boos from the crowd (Elimination #1: Dragon by Guerrero). Duggan knocks Helms and Kidman away with big punches, then gets into the Three Point Stance and whacks Eddie in the mouth with a lariat!

Don West: “Oh god!”

Joey Styles:
“Get out of there, Eddie!

Duggan stands in the ring as Stone Cold makes his way down! Duggan tries a clothesline, but Austin ducks it…kick, Stunner! Austin tosses Duggan (Elimination #2: Duggan by Austin). Guido begs off, trying to make peace with Austin, but Stone Cold boots him and Guido gets a Stunner! Guido’s gets sent packing (Elimination #3: Guido by Austin). Helms comes flying off the top rope but lands right into a kick from Stone Cold, then he gets dropped with a Stunner! Austin tosses Helms (Elimination #4: Helms by Austin). Kidman tries his luck against Austin as he hits a couple of punches, but Austin lands a Thesz Press and punches away at him. Kidman gets to his feet, just to get hit with a Stunner! Austin sends Kidman flying out (Elimination #5: Kidman by Austin). Eddie Guerrero backs off in the corner as Austin has his sights set on him. Austin stomps a mudhole on Eddie in the corner as #8 is on the way!

Joey Styles: “Guys like this really make you think how WCW lasted as long as it did.”

Buzzkill has a mic in hand…

Buzzkill: Steve-O, Steve-O, make pea…”

Austin immediately kicks Buzzkill and he ends up as the latest victim of a Stone Cold Stunner! Austin dumps out Buzzkill (Elimination #6: Buzzkill by Austin). Austin goes back to stomping away on Eddie. Austin sends Eddie off the ropes and hits him with a back elbow. Austin climbs up to the second rope and drops a flying forearm on Eddie. Austin picks Eddie up to his feet. Austin flips Eddie the bird, but Eddie blocks the kick and spins Austin around, drops to his knees and low blows him! That finally stops Austin in his tracks as Eddie tries to recover a bit. Eddie sees an opportunity and stops away on Austin’s knee. Eddie drops an elbow on Austin’s knee to try to keep him down. Eddie hits a back suplex on Austin. Eddie heads to the top rope. He goes for a Frog Splash, but Austin moves and Eddie crashes to the canvas.

Lynn runs down to the ring and chopblocks Austin just as he was regaining control against Eddie. Lynn stomps away on Austin, then indicates to Eddie that he wants to team up with him. Lynn and Eddie stomp on Austin in the corner, but Austin fights back and knocks both Eddie and Lynn down with clotheslines. Austin slugs away at Eddie, but Lynn again attacks him. Eddie and Lynn hit a double back suplex. Eddie goes through the ropes and onto the apron, then leaps back over the top rope with a springboard senton. Lynn heads to the top rope and Eddie holds Austin down, and Lynn lands the Minneapolis Jam. Lynn and Eddie try to eliminate Austin, but Austin still has life left and throws wild punches to fend off elimination.

Austin knocks both Lynn and Eddie down with punches but gets caught in the face by a springboard flying forearm from Styles! Styles kicks away at Austin while he’s down. Austin gets back to the corner as Styles and Lynn continue to beat up on him. They send Austin into the opposite corner, but Austin explodes out of the corner and hits Lynn and Styles with a double clothesline! Austin then boots Eddie and hits him with the Stunner! Austin throws Eddie over the top rope, but amazingly Eddie still had the wherewithal to hold onto the top rope so he can land safely on the apron, although Austin doesn’t notice. Austin boots Styles and hits him with a Stunner so hard that Styles does a full backflip after getting hit with it! Styles accidentally kicks Lynn in the head during that backflip, and Austin uses that to clothesline Lynn out (Elimination #7: Lynn by Austin). Austin grabs Styles and tosses him out too (Elimination #8: Styles by Austin). Austin hops up to the second rope to check his invisible watch as he thinks he’s alone…not knowing Eddie Guerrero is still in this but just lying on the apron.

Joey Styles: “Oh my god!”

Brock Lesnar slowly walks down to the ring as Stone Cold awaits. Austin gestures to Lesnar to come on, but Lesnar still takes his time. Paul Heyman tells Lesnar to “crush that Rattlesnake” and Lesnar enters the ring! Austin goes right for him, but Eddie attacks Austin from behind! This gives Lesnar the easy upperhand as he knees Austin in the midsection, then brings him to the corner. Lesnar buries his shoulder in Austin’s midsection, then nails Eddie with a huge clothesline for good measure. Lesnar turns his attention to Austin but Austin fires hard rights! Austin has Lesnar stunned for a moment, but one punch misses and Lesnar goes for the F5! Austin slides behind Lesnar to counter, hits a kick and goes for the Stunner, but Lesnar pushes him off into the ropes and knocks Austin to the canvas with a shoulderblock.

Joey Styles: “It’s Shelton Benjamin! You know he’s coming for Brock!

Shelton Benjamin slides into the ring and immediately jumps at Brock Lesnar! Benjamin and Lesnar start with fisticuffs before they grapple for position. Benjamin takes Lesnar down, although Lesnar fights his way back to his feet. They continue to wrestle into the corner as Eddie stomps away at Austin in another corner. Eddie tries to eliminate Stone Cold to no avail. Benjamin tries to lift Lesnar over the top rope, but Lesnar is just a bit too strong. Lesnar finally gets the better of Benjamin by hitting a belly-to-belly suplex. Lesnar comes over to Eddie and hits him with a release German suplex, sending Eddie flying across the ring. Lesnar hits Austin with some hard shots, but Austin fires back. Benjamin comes off the ropes and hits a spinning heel kick to Lesnar. Benjamin ducks an Austin clothesline and hits him with a flying clothesline of his own.

The monstrous Bam Bam Bigelow is #13. Benjamin jumps at Bigelow right away, but Bigelow knocks him out of the air. Bigelow takes Benjamin then hits him with a big headbutt. Bigelow then presses Eddie over his head, but Lesnar makes an inadvertent save with a shot to the midsection. Bigelow reverses a whip into the corner and avalanche splashes Lesnar! Bigelow then takes Eddie and tosses him across the ring. Bodytackle knocks Austin down. Bigelow catches Lesnar again in the corner with another avalanche splash, then gives one to Benjamin as well! He tries one on Eddie, but Eddie moves and Bigelow hits the turnbuckles hard. Eddie drops to his knees behind Bigelow, and Bigelow trips over him.

Mike Tenay:
“Are you kidding me right now?”

“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes is in the WrestleWar! Eddie comes right at him but gets hit with a big elbow! Dusty hits Bigelow with an elbow! There’s one for Benjamin! Lesnar takes the staggered Bigelow and dumps him out (Elimination #9: Bigelow by Lesnar). Lesnar confronts Dusty, but Dusty has a big elbow for him too! Dusty even nails Stone Cold with one! Dusty slams Eddie, then hits a huge elbow drop! Dusty tries to throw Eddie out, but Eddie again lands on the apron. Lesnar misses an attack, and Dusty gets him with another elbow. Benjamin leaps at Dusty, but Dusty moves and Benjamin ends up splashing Lesnar in the corner. Benjamin turns around and he gets slammed by Dusty, followed by another bionic elbow drop! Dusty dances a bit in the middle of the ring as the last person to enter the WrestleWar is on his way!

Don West:
“You gotta be kidding me! He’s here!”

Mike Tenay: “The seventeen-time World Champion! We haven’t seen him since he lost the WCW World Championship to Kurt Angle the night after Starrcade last year!”

Ric Flair (with a notable brace on the leg Angle injured last year) makes his way down to the ring to a huge ovation, with his long-time rival Dusty Rhodes waiting for him! Flair steps into the ring and stands face-to-face with Dusty. Dusty tries for an elbow but Flair quickly hits a chop instead. Flair chops Dusty into the corner. Dusty fires back with elbows. Dusty misses one though, and when he runs at Flair, Flair backdrops him over the top rope, and Dusty tumbles to the floor (Elimination #10: Dusty by Flair). That leaves Eddie, Austin, Lesnar, Benjamin and Flair. Flair lets out a big “WOOO” after dumping Dusty, but turns around and sees the man he beat at Starrcade 2001 for the WCW Title standing across the ring from him: Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin and Flair come face-to-face. Flair teases a lock-up, but then decides to taunt Austin by fixing his hair and strutting instead. Austin goes up to Flair again, and this time they come to blows. Austin fires rights as Flair hits chops! Austin wins the exchange for a moment, but he misses a punch and Flair goes on the offensive. Flair hits Austin with huge chops, but Austin fires back with chops oh his own. Austin and Flair then turn around and get leveled by Lesnar!

Benjamins comes from behind Lesnar and tries for the T-Bone Suplex, but Lesnar powers out of Benjamin’s grasp. Benjamin hits a couple of punches, but when he leaps at Lesnar he gets caught. Lesnar catches Benjamin on his shoulders, then hits Benjamin with a F5 where Benjamin flies over the top rope and onto the floor (Elimination #11: Benjamin by Lesnar). Austin attacks Lesnar from behind, then stomps away at him. Austin stomps a mudhole in Lesnar in the corner before Paul Heyman gets up on the apron. Austin chases him off, then counters an Eddie Guerrero attempt to eliminate him with an attempt of his own. Austin looks to have Eddie out when Heyman gets on the apron again. Austin slugs Heyman off…but that allows Lesnar to dump Austin to the floor (Elimination #12: Austin by Lesnar). Austin can’t believe it and is angry at ringside. Heyman runs to the back as Austin stares down Lesnar. Lesnar flips Austin the double bird from the ring as Austin wants to get back in there, but officials and security, as well as WCW Owner Shane McMahon stand between Austin and the ring. Austin eventually turns and walks to the locker room, still clearly pissed off.

We’re down to three: Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar, and Ric Flair. With Lesnar still focused on watching Austin go Flair takes advantage and low blows him! Flair then struts a big before chopping Eddie in the corner. Flair hits a chop so hard it almost sends Eddie over the ropes by itself! Eddie reverses a whip and catches Flair with a back bopdydrop. Now Eddie gets Flair in the corner and chops away at him. Flair tries to fires some punches, but Eddie hits a couple of more chops. Eddie suplexes Flair, but holds on and swivels the hips. A second suplex from Eddie, then another swivel as he holds onto Flair. Eddie hits a third suplex. Eddie, clearly exhausted, heads to the top rope. Eddie comes down and lands a perfect Frog Splash! Eddie picks Flair up and looks to toss him, but Flair shockingly turns the tables and sends Eddie flying over the top rope (Elimination #13: Guerrero by Flair). Eddie is shocked on the outside as he can’t believe Flair caught him that way.

Flair turns his attention to the remaining monster in the ring: Brock Lesnar. Flair fires chops at Lesnar, but Lesnar immediately runs him over with a shoulder block. Flair backs up into the corner but dodges Lesnar’s approach. Flair hits a couple of chops, but Lesnar reverses an Irish whip and powerslams Flair. Big elbow drop from Lesnar misses as Flair moves out of the way. Flair and Lesnar get to their feet and Flair gets a thumb to the eye. Snapmare from Flair, and Flair lands a kneedrop. Flair then tries to get Lesnar over the top rope, but Lesnar shoves Flair away with authority. Lesnar picks Flair up and smashes him into the knee for a backbreaker. Lesnar wraps his arms around Flair for a bearhug, but Flair gets a thumb to the eye to avoid taking much damage. Flair hits a couple chops then comes off the ropes, but Lesnar catches him with a spinebuster. Flair slowly gets to one knee, but surprises Lesnar with another low blow! Flair hits a belly-to-back suplex on Lesnar, then locks in the Figure-Four!

Lesnar desperately tries to escape but Flair has it in good! Lesnar eventually reaches the ropes…but that doesn’t do anything since there aren’t any DQs here! Lesnar uses the ropes to climb, essentially breaking the hold. Flair hits Lesnar with more chops, but Lesnar just explodes at Flair with a clothesline. Lesnar tries to toss Flair, but Flair puts on the brakes. Lesnar switches strategy and picks Flair up for a F5, but Flair rakes the eyes again. Flair tries to whip Lesnar into the corner, but Lesnar counters…and Flair flips over the turnbuckles, over the top rope and lands on the apron. Lesnar launches himself at Flair, knocking Flair off the apron to the floor and winning the War Rumble!

Winner: Brock Lesnar when he last eliminated Ric Flair in 29:53

Brock Lesnar
raises his hands in victory as Ric Flair shakes his head in disappointment on the floor.

Mike Tenay: “What a War Rumble! Brock Lesnar has proven again that he really the Next Big Thing as he overcomes a returning Ric Flair to win the third War Rumble!”

Don West: “So that’s Brock, Booker T, and Rob Van Dam later tonight? What a match that’ll be!”

Mike Tenay: “We’ll go over the Final Battle later tonight. We still have the Women’s War Rumble a little later on as well. But next, I think, is the match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, the richest prize in this industry. We haven’t heard an update on WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan’s condition, but I understand that Kurt Angle is on his way out here.”

Don West:
“Who knows what’s going to happen.”

“Real American” plays…but instead of Hulk Hogan coming out, Kurt Angle makes his way out to the ring. Angle confidently comes out to the ring, and he mouths the words “I’ll show you a real American” as he stands in the ring and waits for Hogan. “Voodoo Child” plays next…but no one comes out.

Mike Tenay: “We still don’t know…is Hogan going to make it out here?”

Don West: “Do we even know who’s responsible? Did Kurt did this?”

Mike Tenay:
“Oh wait a minute!”

“American Made” plays…and here comes Hogan! While he’s limping badly to the ring, Hogan shows no fear as he slides into the ring and Angle attacks!

WCW World Championship
Hulk Hogan © vs. Kurt Angle

Angle pounds away on Hogan but Hogan gets to his feet and fires punches at Angle! Hogan gets a side headlock and tries to squeeze Angle’s head. Angle kicks at that injured knee though and then hits Hogan with a belly-to-back suplex. Angle quickly goes for Hogan’s injured knee, but Hogan grabs onto the ropes. Angle chokes Hogan on the ropes, but Hogan hits an elbow. Hogan gets a suplex, but he crumples downward mid-move as his knee is struggling to support his weight. Angle quickly grabs the leg and goes for the Ankle Lock, but Hogan quickly grabs the bottom rope. Angle stomps away on the injured knee, but Hogan kicks Angle away with his other leg. Angle comes off the ropes but Hogan catches him with the ax bomber clothesline! Hogan covers Angle, 1…2…Angle kicks out.

Hogan uses the ropes to get to his feet, and that allows Angle to chop block Hogan’s bad leg. Hogan tries to hold onto the ropes, but Angle pulls him away and hits the Angle Slam! Angle covers Hogan, 1…2…Hogan powers out and begins to Hulk Up! Angle hits Hogan with hard shots, but they have no effect on Hogan! Angle takes a cheap shot at the knee, and that hurts Hogan…momentarily! Hogan stands up straight and Angle can’t believe it. Angle’s next punch is blocked, and Hogan nails him with a wild right. Hogan hits another right. And another! Hogan sends Angle off the ropes and hits the Big Boot, and while Hogan gets him good this hurts Hogan, who used his injured leg to kick Angle. Hogan tries to shake off the pain as he comes off the ropes with the Legdrop…but Angle catches the leg, the bad leg, in midair and counters into the Ankle Lock! Hogan tries to get to the ropes, but Angle has Hogan in the middle of the ring. Angle drops down and locks in the leg grapevine while twisting Hogan’s ankle. Hogan screams in pain, but still refuses to submit. Hogan reaches for the ropes, but he’s not nearly close enough. Hogan tries to get the Hulkamaniacs to give the energy to escape, but to no avail! Hogan lets out one last gasp and tries to pull himself and Angle to the ropes, but there’s nowhere to go. Hogan slaps the canvas, tapping out to the Ankle Lock.

Winner: Kurt Angle via submission in 7:03 (New Champion)

Kurt Angle
grabs the WCW World Championship belt and celebrates on the top turnbuckle. He looks down at Hogan before walking up the ramp as the new WCW World Champion. Hogan tries to get to his feet, but it’s clear he can’t walk under his own power. Several officials, Shane McMahon, and Brother Bruti come down to help Hogan down the ramp.

As they walk up the ramp, Hogan turns to the crowd, raising his hand and mouthing “I’m sorry” to the crowd. As they get close to entrance though…The Giant comes running out and runs over Hogan! The Giant grabs Brother Bruti and tosses him into the barricade. Giant shoves away the officials, then shoves Shane McMahon away. Giant grabs Hogan by the neck…and chokeslams him on the ramp! The Giant continues to choke Hogan on the ramp…when Diamond Dallas Page comes out with a chair and bashes the Giant on the back with it! Giant punches the chair out of DDP’s hands…but then more officials come down and hold back Giant. The Giant looks pleased as he leaves. DDP runs after The Giant as McMahon, Bruti, and the officials check on Hogan. A stretcher is called for Hogan, who is heard saying he can’t move his legs.

Mike Tenay: “We have a new WCW World Champion but that may not be the story here!”

Don West: The Giant had to be the one who attacked Hogan earlier!”

Mike Tenay:
“I think the question has to be asked, was that the last match of Hulk Hogan’s career? The Giant has done considerable damage here. Just unbelievable. Ladies and gentlemen, the night isn’t over. We still have the Women’s War Rumble and of course, Final Battle, remaining tonight.”

Molly Marvel makes her way out to the ring as she is #1 for the Women’s War Rumble.

Ivory is #2.

Women’s War Rumble

Molly Marvel and Ivory lock-up. Molly grabs a side headlock, but Ivory takes her down with a headlock takeover. Molly sends Ivory into the corner, but Ivory catches Molly with a back elbow. Running legdrop from Ivory. Ivory tries to throw Molly over the top rope, but Molly elbows Ivory away. Molly and Ivory bump heads and both go down. Both women try to get to their feet, but they’re both stunned as the next woman makes her way to the ring.

Joey Styles: Here’s a favorite right here, here comes Jazz!

Jazz runs down to the ring. She hooks Molly in a double-underhook chicken wing and drops her face first to the canvas. Jazz slams Molly, then hits Ivory with a back elbow. Jazz tries to get Ivory out, but then runs over Molly with a clothesline. Jazz drops Molly with a DDT, then tries to eliminate her. Molly hangs onto the top rope and Ivory makes a surprising save, attacking Jazz from behind. Ivory and Jazz trade shots, not seeing Molly heading to the top rope. Molly hits both Ivory and Jazz with a Molly-Go-Round!

Mike Tenay: It’s the NWO's Alexis Laree!”

Alexis Laree slides into the ring and immediately gets kicked by Molly. Molly slams Laree, but Jazz attacks Molly from behind. Laree pulls Molly by the hair and slams her head against the canvas. Jazz clotheslines Ivory down. Laree catches Jazz with a high kick, then catches Molly with one as well. Laree hits Molly with a bulldog headlock. Laree tries to eliminate Molly, but to no avail. Jazz kicks Laree and plants her with the Jazz Stinger! Ivory sneaks up on Jazz and tries to eliminate her, but Jazz uses her strength to block.

The Phoenix comes down and gets everyone’s attention. Phoenix shoulderblocks Jazz down. She presses Ivory over her head and slams her. A dazed Alexis Laree runs into Phoenix, and Phoenix tosses her over the top rope and knocks her off the apron (Elimination #1: Laree by Phoenix). Phoenix clotheslines Ivory down before facing off with Molly. Molly goes for some sort of hurricanrana, but Phoenix drops her straight down with an electric chair drop. Jazz and Ivory get double clotheslined by Phoenix. Phoenix tries to get Jazz out as the next woman is on her way.

Jacqueline slides into the ring and stands up to Phoenix. Jackie and Phoenix shove one another, allowing Jazz, Ivory, and Molly to sneak up behind Phoenix. Jacquleine helps too, and all four women eliminate Phoenix (Elimination #2: Phoenix by Molly, Jazz, Ivory, and Jacqueline). Jazz and Jacqueline then tear into one another, punching and kicking at one another as they roll all over the ring. Ivory tries a couple of chops on Molly, but Molly hits her with a back elbow. Molly hip tosses Ivory, then helps Jacqueline with Jazz as the last competitor makes her way out.

Mike Tenay: “La Felina?”

Joey Styles: Not quite!”

La Felina appears on the stage…although the mask is somewhat ripped apart. Felina tears her mask off, revealing her face…and apparently her new name.

The newly named Gail Kim runs down to the ring as the last competitor! Molly, Ivory, Jazz, Jacqueline, and Kim. Kim immediately hits Ivory with a flying headscissors, then dumps her over the top rope and onto the floor (Elimination #3: Ivory by Kim). Jazz and Jacqueline are still going at it, with Jazz planting her with a DDT. Kim jumps onto Jazz and hits a hurricanrana, then punches away at her! Molly dumps Jacqueline out (Elimination #4: Jacqueline by Molly). Molly hits a basement dropkick on Kim while she was punching Jazz. Molly and Kim trade shots, and Molly gets the best of it with a hard forearm. Molly quickly heads to the top rope for the Molly-Go-Round, but Kim catches her up there and takes her down with a hurricanrana! Kim tries to get rid of Molly, but Molly counters and tries to dump Kim. Jazz comes from behind them both and they both go over the top rope. Molly hits the floor, but Kim doesn’t (Elimination #5: Molly by Jazz). Jazz thinks she’s won, but then she sees Kim rolling back into the ring under the bottom rope. Jazz kicks Kim then goes for a powerbomb, but Kim wraps her legs tightly around Jazz…then hurricanranas her over the top rope and to the floor for the win!

Winner: Gail Kim when she last eliminated Jazz in 8:11

Gail Kim
celebrates in the ring as she’s got herself a chance at revenge against Victoria! As Kim walks up the ramp, she picks up the tattered La Felina mask and throws it into the crowd.

Joey Styles: “It was on RISE where Victoria destroyed La Felina. What a comeback for her and I hope, I hope she gives Victoria what she has coming to her!”

Mike Tenay: “Ok, coming up next, our main event. It is time for Final Battle. We have three War Rumble winners from earlier tonight. Each had a unique journey in their War Rumble. Booker T was an early entrant and had some NWO resistance. First, it was Kevin Nash. But then Scott Steiner returned to WCW. Still, Booker came out on top to earn a spot in this Final Battle.”

Joey Styles: “But let’s talk about who I think is the favorite for this match: Rob Van Dam. He too had to overcome the New World Order in Triple H and Sean O’Haire, among others. A no-DQ elimination match is right up RVD’s alley!”

Don West: “Let’s be real guys. There’s one guy winning this thing, and that man’s name is Brock Lesnar. He took out Stone Cold. He took out Guerrero. Dusty Rhodes. Hell even Ric Flair! No one is beating Brock Lesnar tonight and I fully expect for him to win and challenge Kurt Angle for the WCW World Championship.”

Joey Styles: “Let me tell you something, West. There’s only one guy in the world, the entire world, who’s pinned Brock Lesnar’s shoulders to the mat. And this guy has done it twice. That’s right, it’s Rob Van Dam!”

Mike Tenay:
“A lot of intertwining storylines in this one. It also can’t be forgotten that Brock Lesnar beat Booker T at Halloween Havoc last month too. One quick reminder of the rules before we send it over to Michael Buffer. We are under elimination rules here with no disqualifications. The winner gets a shot at either the WCW or ECW World Championship at Starrcade 2002. Alright, let’s send it over to Buffer.”

Michael Buffer: “Ladies and gentlemen, fans watching around the world…tonight you’ve witnessed a war waging inside this very ring. Three men have emerged as victorious survivors, ready to do battle once more to earn a chance at the ultimate glory in the sport of professional wrestling. In mere moments those three men will face each other in one more fight, one where the result will determine the true victor of the WrestleWar 2002. Prepare ladies and gentlemen. Prepare…for FINAL BATTLE! ARE…YOU…READY? Ladies and gentlemen, for the thousands in attendance and the millions watching around the world… lllllllllet’s get ready to RUUUUMBLLLEEEEEEEE!”

Booker T’s theme plays as he’s the first to make his way down to the ring.

Michael Buffer: “Introducing the winner of the first War Rumble, fighting out of Houston, Texas, although also known for his time in Harlem, New York. He weighs in at 253 pounds. He is the master of the Spin-a-rooni and a five-time WCW World Champion…this is Booooooooker T!

“One of a Kind” plays next…here comes Rob Van Dam!

Michael Buffer:
“The winner of the second War Rumble. From Battle Creek, Michigan, weighing in tonight as 235 pounds. He is the premier high-flying martial artist in professional wrestling today. He has been named after several media platforms in his career, such as Mr. Monday Night and Mr. PPV. Tonight, he may be Mr. WrestleWar. This is Roooooob Van Dam!

Brock Lesnar is out last, with Paul Heyman.

Michael Buffer: “The winner of the third War Rumble. Accompanied to the ring by his agent Paul Heyman. He hails from Minneapolis, Minnesota and weighs in at 295 points. While known as the Next Big Thing, tonight he may shed the word ‘next’. This is Brock Lesnar!”

WrestleWar Final Battle – Two Falls (Elimination)
Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman)

All three men look at one another…before Booker and RVD attack Lesnar! Lesnar shoves both of them off, but Booker and RVD are right back on him. Lesnar nails RVD with a clothesline that sends him flying, then punches away at Booker. Booker fires back with punches and chops, then knocks Lesnar down with a Harlem sidekick! Lesnar retreats to the outside, but RVD is right on him as he dives over the top rope with a somersault plancha right onto Lesnar! RVD slides back into the ring and he and Booker square off. Booker and RVD trade punches before Booker sends RVD off the ropes and hits him with a stun gun. Booker covers RVD, 1…2…RVD kicks out. Booker hits a couple of more punches, but RVD catches Booker with a kick to the face. RVD goes for Rolling Thunder, but Brock quickly slides into the ring and catches RVD with a big clothesline! Lesnar stomps away on RVD, then clotheslines Booker over the top rope.

Lesnar jumps out of the ring after Booker. He picks up Booker and slams him into the steel ring post. Lesnar sets up the timekeeper’s table at ringside. He picks up Booker to F5 him through it, but RVD makes the save and smacks Lesnar in the ribs with a chair! RVD slams Lesnar into the table, leaving him there. RVD then moonsaults off the barricade onto Lesnar, although the table doesn’t budge. RVD takes Booker and tries to roll him back into the ring, but Booker nails RVD into the face, then slams him into the apron. Booker then climbs onto the table and sets Brock up for a Bookend…only Brock blocks it…and Bookends Booker through the table! Brock gets to his feet, and catches RVD as RVD went for a moonsault off the apron! Lesnar powerslams RVD on the floor! Lesnar then picks RVD up on his shoulders…and F5s him into the ringpost!

Lesnar rolls RVD back into the ring, chair in hand. Lesnar smashes the chair across RVD’s back. Lesnar winds up the chair for a big shot, but somehow RVD pulls off a Van-Daminator…although he couldn’t get all of it as he couldn’t quite jump high enough. Still, Lesnar goes down. RVD goes for the cover, 1…2…Lesnar powers out. Lesnar takes the chair and smashes it over RVD’s back again. Lesnar seems to have complete control, but a buzz starts in the crowd…

Mike Tenay: “Something’s going on!”

Don West:
“There! In the crowd! That’s Austin!

Stone Cold comes from the crowd with his own chair! He grabs Paul Heyman, and when Lesnar sticks his head between the ropes, Austin cracks him right over the head with the chair! Austin slides into the ring and beats the living hell out of Lesnar with the chair, busting Lesnar wide open and leaving welts on his back. Austin helps Lesnar up…just to hit one more crazy chair shot to the face. Lesnar actually bounces off the ropes from that one…out on his feet…so Austin adds a kick and a Stone Cold Stunner for good measure! Lesnar falls backwards into a sitting position in the corner as security, officials, referees, Shane McMahon and even what looks to be police officers come down to the ring…and Austin jumps back into the crowd and takes off! With Lesnar out sitting in the corner, RVD sees an opportunity. Struggling with pain in his back, RVD takes the chair and climbs up to the top rope. The crowd gets excited as they know what’s coming…RVD leaps off with the chair and smashes Lesnar with the Van Terminator! RVD pins Lesnar, 1…2…3!

Joey Styles: “He did it again, that’s three times!

Elimination: Rob Van Dam pinned Brock Lesnar in 13:12

RVD slowly gets back to his feet as Booker T slowly slides back into the ring. Lesnar rolls out of the ring and he looks completely out of it as Paul Heyman helps him to the back. RVD tosses the chair at Booker for a Van Daminator, but Booker ducks and nails RVD in the back with it. Booker tosses the chair and goes punching and chopping RVD. Booker sends RVD off the ropes and hits him with the 110th Street Slam. Booker makes the cover, 1…2…RVD kicks out. Booker sends RVD into the corner, but when Booker charges RVD gets a foot up. RVD jumps up to the top rope, but Booker shoves him off and RVD goes flying into the barricade! Booker goes to the outside and beats down RVD on the outside. Booker sends RVD into the ring steps, then suplexes him on the floor! Booker sends RVD back into the ring. He goes for a hook kick, but RVD ducks and RVD hits a roundhouse kick that knocks Booker down. RVD goes down as well, and both men lay on the canvas.

Booker rolls to the outside and grabs the steel chair before rolling back into the ring. Booker places the chair in the middle of the ring. RVD gets to his feet, but Booker kicks him in the midsection. Booker goes for a Scissors Kick on the chair, but RVD quickly picks up the chair and smashes it against Booker’s face! Booker ends up sitting in the corner, so RVD skateboards the chair into his face! Booker is laid out and RVD puts the chair on him. Rolling Thunder on the chair! RVD covers Booker, 1…2…Booker just kicks out! RVD hits a corkscrew legdrop, then drags Booker to the corner. Split Legged Moonsault connects! 1…2…Booker T again just kicks out! RVD wedges the chair between the top and middle turnbuckles. RVD looks to dropkick Booker into that corner, but Booker catches RVD’s legs, then catapults him into the chair! A staggered RVD turns around and Booker plants him with the Bookend! Booker covers RVD, 1…2…no! RVD still manages to kick out!

Booker takes RVD, who can barely stand under his own power, and plants him with another Bookend! Booker doesn’t go for the pin though and climbs up the top rope. Booker surveys the crowd before spinning in the air with a Harlem Hangover…only RVD moved out of the way! Both RVD and Booker slowly get to their feet, and Booker grabs the chair that was wedged in the corner. Booker faces RVD, only to get hit with the Van Daminator! RVD doesn’t follow up with a cover though as he climbs up to the top rope. Five Star Frog Splash…is counters as Booker throws the chair up at the flying RVD! Booker sets RVD up one more time and hits a third Bookend! Booker T gets an arm on RVD, 1…2…3!

Winner: Booker T via pinfall in 25:12

Mike Tenay: “Booker T
wins! Booker T is headed to Starrcade!

Booker T gets to his feet, and while he tries to celebrate, his body is wracked in pain. Booker helps RVD up, and the two give one another respect. RVD and Booker share a quick hand shake and RVD limps to the back as Booker T acknowledges the crowd…and tells Kurt Angle that he’s coming for him!

::END SHOW::

Quick Results

War Rumble #1

Booker T wins, last eliminating Scott Steiner

War Rumble #2
Rob Van Dam wins, last eliminating Triple H

War Rumble #3
Brock Lesnar wins, last eliminating Ric Flair

WCW World Championship
Kurt Angle made Hulk Hogan © submit to win the title

Women’s War Rumble
Gail Kim wins, last eliminating Jazz

WrestleWar Final Battle – No DQ Three-Way Elimination
Booker T defeated Rob Van Dam and Brock Lesnar

Champions

WCW World Champion

Kurt Angle (Defeated Hulk Hogan on 11-30-02)

ECW World Champion
Raven (Defeated Rob Van Dam on 9-29-02)

WCW United States Champion
Christian (Defeated Kurt Angle on 9-30-02)

ECW Television Champion
Shelton Benjamin (Defeated Tajiri on 10-27-02)

WCW World Tag Team Champions
The Archdiocese of Dudleyville (Defeated Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant on 10-7-02)

ECW World Tag Team Champions
Rob Van Dam and Sabu (Defeated Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles on 11-24-02)

World Cruiserweight Champion
Tajiri (Defeated Super Crazy on 11-24-02)

World Women’s Champion
Victoria (Defeated Jazz on 7-18-02)

Roster

Alex Wright: – Was part of a trio with Disco Inferno and Brian Christopher, but recently he and Disco turned on Christopher

Alexis Laree: – Has been a valet for the New World Order, specifically the Outsiders

The Archdiocese of Dudleyville: – The Dudley Boyz lost the WCW World Tag Team Championship back in April to Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant, then disappeared after a loss to Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, and Balls Mahoney at ECW Barely Legal II. They returned in early October…but under a religious gimmick. Brother Bubba and Reverend D-Von, joined by the monstrous Deacon Batista, regained the WCW Tag titles and even seemed to kidnap Spike Dudley on an edition of ECW Rise. It looks like Spike has joined back with his brothers based on what happened on the 10/31 RISE. They’ve also been feuding with the trio of Elix Skipper, Shane Helms, and Monty Brown. They also have issues with Dreamer and Sandman because of the kidnapping of Spike

Bam Bam Bigelow: – Veteran Bigelow had a tough 2002 as he was phased down the card after a losing to ECW Champion Lesnar at Souled Out. It seems like Bigelow’s career is winding down, but a turn on partner Gangrel showed that Bigelow has a little more left in the tank

Booker T: – When this new WCW formed, Booker T had a chance to become the #1 Contender for the WCW World Championship, but lost to Kurt Angle at Starrcade 2001. Booker has since been trying to fight his way back to contention. A long feud with R-Killa (Ron Killings) occupied Booker throughout the summer until Booker finally dispatched him in an actual Harlem Street Fight at ECW Anarchy Rulz. Booker T had another chance to win the WCW World Championship as he won a fan vote over Kurt Angle (100%-0%!) to face HHH at Cyberslam, but HHH prevailed in a half-hour classic. Booker T was on the WCW Team that beat the NWO at War Games, which led to a match with Brock Lesnar at Halloween Havoc (Lesnar, while not a NWO member, was on team NWO for the match). Lesnar managed to defeat Booker at Halloween Havoc, but Booker has vowed revenge, while also declaring entry in the WrestleWar. He also may have picked up an ally in Lesnar’s former partner Shelton Benjamin. The feud with the New World Order has picked back up, with HHH blasting brother Stevie Ray with a sledgehammer. Booker T would win the WrestleWar to earn a WCW World Title shot at Starrcade 2002

Brian Christopher: – Christopher looked to get his career back on track by joining fellow dancers Alex Wright and Disco Inferno, but Wright and Inferno turned on him on a November 2002 edition of Nitro

Brock Lesnar: – After dominating ECW from his debut at Starrcade 2001 (December) through Anarchy Rulz 2002 (August), Lesnar surprised the world when he teamed with the NWO for War Games with the condition that if the NWO won, Triple H would give him a WCW World Title shot. Lesnar’s shortcut to the WCW title didn’t work and this led to a feud with Booker T. Lesnar defeated Booker at Halloween Havoc, although it seems he’s drawn the ire of ECW stablemate Shelton Benjamin. Lesnar’s manager Paul Heyman announced on Nitro that Lesnar will be a part of WrestleWar. Lesnar returned to ECW to get revenge on Benjamin’s actions at Halloween Havoc and defeated Benjamin at November to Remember. After eliminating Stone Cold Steve Austin in a War Rumble, Lesnar decided to anger Stone Cold…which bit him in the ass during the Final Battle.

Chris Candido: – Once Justin Credible betrayed Total Impact, a spot opened for Chris Candido. Candido has helped Lance Storm and Mike Awesome in their battles against the NWO and their allies ever since. After the Outsiders cost Mike Awesome the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Total Impact laid out a challenge aimed to eradicate the core of the NWO: the Outsiders, once and for all

Chris Chetti: – The first graduate of the House of Hardcore has made some appearances, but hasn’t had much success

Christian: – After an early loss to Triple H, Christian recovered in January 2002 to win the US Title and has dominated the US Title scene for most of the year. Christian has had different allies throughout his reign: The Quebecers and Rene Dupree (Dupree is still with him). He’s beaten challengers such as Test, Billy Kidman, and Booker T in title defenses. He lost the title to Kurt Angle at Cyberslam, but won it back on Nitro and is the current champion. Christian is slated to compete in the WrestleWar and has guaranteed victory all the while trying to avoid defending his US Title at all costs

Chuck Palumbo: – Palumbo has struggled ever since partner Sean O’Haire turned against him and joined the NWO. Has had some matches with O’Haire since, but hasn’t been able to beat his former partner and friend

Daffney: – Daffney debuted alongside Victoria and has been at ringside through Victoria’s rise to World Women’s Champion. Daffney has disagreed with Victoria’s post-match attacks though, and Victoria responded in an abusive manner towards her. Daffney had enough and finally attacked Victoria at Halloween Havoc, saving Molly Marvel. Daffney would lose to Victoria at November to Remember…although she scarred Victoria by throwing tacks in her face

Dave Taylor: – Brought in by William Regal and Fit Finlay to help them when they were battling Monty Brown, Elix Skipper, and Shane Helms

Deacon Batista: – The enforcer of the Archdiocese of Dudleyville, OVW’s former Leviathan

Disco Inferno: – Was part of a trio with Brian Christopher and Alex Wright, but recently he and Wright turned on Christopher

Diamond Dallas Page: – DDP began as a commentator, but got involved in the Tajiri-William Regal-Torrie Wilson situation. Torrie would become one of his Diamond Dolls (Stacy Keibler would join later, and Torrie would leave for Kidman in the summer). DDP then also saved Stacy Keibler from the Dudleyz and received a huge assist from the Giant. DDP and Giant battled the Outsiders for most of the summer over the WCW World Tag Team titles, and almost won the WCW Title from HHH at Clash of Champions. Recently, due to the Giant’s frustration with not getting WCW World title shots, the Giant turned on DDP. The Giant took DDP out in their match at Halloween Havoc. DDP made his return on Nitro just twelve days before Wrestle War, saving Booker T from an attack from Triple H

Eddie Guerrero: – Now clean and sober, Eddie Guerrero returned to major league pro wrestling by winning the vacant ECW TV Title at Barely Legal II. He feuded with Rob Van Dam over the summer, trading the ECW TV title with him and losing to RVD in RVD’s 1st PPV ECW World Title defense. Guerrero eventually got the better of RVD in a special ladder match where the winner got to have any match he wanted, although it seems like Commissioner Mick Foley isn’t able to deliver. Guerrero showed up on Nitro as a result and lost a highly competitive match with Kurt Angle in the main event. Mick Foley found a suitable substitute that Guerrero accepted for the November to Remember match: Stone Cold Steve Austin. Guerrero would fail in his attempt to defeat Austin.

Eric Bischoff: – Triple H’s legal representative who masterminded the set-up of the NWO betrayal of Hulk Hogan

Elix Skipper: – After winning a couple of matches against The Hurricane, he and Shane Helms joined forces to make an exciting tag team. Recently, Monty Brown joined them and they have their sights on the Archdiocese of Dudleyville

Faces of Fear: – Meng and the Barbarian have been an intimidating team in the WCW ranks, but they’ve been unable to get to the top of the tag team division

Fit Finlay: – Brought in by William Regal to battle Diamond Dallas Page, Finlay and Regal then feuded in the spring. Regal would knock Finlay out in a match in May…but they’d get back together later in the year and now are a trio with David Taylor

Gail Kim: – The former La Felina was destroyed by Victoria in the summer, but her triumphant return as Gail Kim led to a Women’s War Rumble victory and a title shot at Starrcade 2002

The Giant: – The Giant signed on with Shane McMahon in an announcement made at Starrcade 2001. Giant said one thing mattered to him: the WCW World Championship. He failed to win it at Souled Out against Kurt Angle and then ended up on a different path: helping Diamond Dallas Page win the WCW World Championship in his feud with the Dudley Boyz. Giant and DDP had two reigns over the summer as they feuded with the Outsiders, trading the titles. The Giant grew tired of waiting for another WCW World title shot after their victory over the NWO at War Games and eventually turned on DDP. Giant destroyed DDP at Halloween Havoc, but upon not receiving a title match seemingly walked out on Shane McMahon on Nitro. The Giant returned at the WrestleWar, injuring then-WCW World Champion Hulk Hogan before and after his failed title defense against Kurt Angle

Hugh Morrus: – Has mostly been in the lower-mid card in the Alliance era. After a loss to Chuck Palumbo, Morrus said that he was “done with this Hugh Morrus shit”

Hulk Hogan: – He originally returned at Slamboree to cost Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship in his title defense against Triple H. After HHH turned the NWO against him, Hogan was out until the night after Cyberslam in early September. Hogan returned and led WCW in a victory over the NWO in War Games. This got him a title shot at Halloween Havoc, where Hogan defeated HHH to win the title. Hogan had previously promised Kurt Angle a title shot due to screwing him over at Slamboree, and that match will take place at WrestleWar. The Giant would attack Hogan before and after that match, and he cost Hogan the title against Kurt Angle

Ivory: – Competed in the original World Women’s Championship tournament, but we haven’t seen a lot of her overall

Jazz: – Former World Women’s Champion was beaten by Victoria in the summer and has been trying to win back the title ever since

Juventud Guerrera: – The cruiserweight division got a big boost at SuperBrawl XII when Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera returned to WCW in a #1 Contender’s Match. Guerrera would lose that match but still be a top contender to the title thoughout the summer. He’d eventually form a trio with Psicosis and Essa Rios/Papi Chilo, but Chilo is out of the picture now

Kevin Nash: – Kevin Nash showed up at Slamboree as a member of the NWO, costing Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship. Nash and Scott Hall have been two of the faces of the NWO since, helping Triple H retain the WCW titles at all costs. He and Scott Hall managed to win the WCW World Tag Team Title before dropping it back to DDP and the Giant at Cyberslam. After costing Mike Awesome the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Nash and Scott Hall find themselves as the targets for Total Impact

Kurt Angle: – Angle won the WCW World Championship the night after Starrcade 2001, beating and crippling Ric Flair. After managing defenses against The Giant, Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Lance Storm, Angle would finally fall to Triple H at Slamboree thanks to the New World Order. Angle has essentially feuded with the New World Order since, which included beating Curt Hennig in a cage on Nitro. After a win against the NWO's Sean O’Haire at Halloween Havoc, Angle finds himself in position to win back the WCW Title at WrestleWar. He’s also had a bit of an adversarial issue with Booker T. Angle beat Booker T back at Starrcade 2001, but at Cyberslam 2002 the fans chose Booker unanimously to face Triple H for the WCW Title, something that seems to still bug Angle. Perhaps that doesn’t matter anymore as Angle would defeat Hulk Hogan to get his WCW World Title back at WrestleWar…and has a title match set with Booker T

Lance Storm: – Storm formed a trio with Mike Awesome and Justin Credible called Total Impact and ran over the likes of Tommy Dreamer and Sandman for a few months before Kurt Angle gave him the match of a lifetime: a WCW World Title Match on Pay-Per-View at Uncensored. Storm wouldn’t win the title, and that led to an extended feud with Angle. Things changed when the NWO invaded ECW and Justin Credible turned his back on the team. Chris Candido would join the team and they’ve been feuding with the NWO and NWO allies ever since. After the Outsiders cost Lance Storm the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Total Impact laid out a challenge aimed to eradicate the core of the NWO: the Outsiders, once and for all

Little Guido: – The leader of the Full-Blooded Italians. His group has taken payoffs for jobs…although they haven’t always went well. Had a shot at the Cruiserweight title at November to Remember, but didn’t walk away with gold

Mick Foley: – Mick Foley returned to ECW to support his friend, Terry Funk. That led to a confrontation with ECW World Champion Brock Lesnar. With the blessing of Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, Cactus Jack returned to and faced Lesnar for the ECW World Championship at Barely Legal II, but came up short. Foley returned in the summer to become Stephanie McMahon’s ECW Commissioner, replacing General Manager Paul Heyman. He has seemed to be especially tough on the top bad guys on the brand, specifically Eddie Guerrero and Raven

Mike Awesome: – Awesome formed a trio with Lance Storm and Justin Credible called Total Impact and ran over the likes of Tommy Dreamer and Sandman for a few months before battling Kurt Angle and the Eliminators. When the New World Order invaded ECW and Justin Credible turned on the group, Total Impact became fan favorites. Chris Candido would replace Credible and they would battle against NWO allies the FBI and the newly formed X-Factor. After the Outsiders cost him the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Total Impact laid out a challenge aimed to eradicate the core of the NWO: the Outsiders, once and for all

Molly Marvel: – The former Mighty Molly reinvented herself and was the inaugural World Women’s Champion. She would lose it to Jazz and has been trying to win it back ever since

Monty Brown: – Monty Brown is part of a trio with Elix Skipper and Shane Helms and recently just debuted to help them against William Regal, Dave Taylor, and Fit Finlay. Fun babyface trio.

New World Order: – Current members: Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sean O’Haire, Eric Bischoff, and Shawn Michaels. Michaels and Bischoff are often at ringside for HHH’s matches and are inactive. At times the faction X-Factor (X-Pac, Justin Credible, and Albert) have aided the NWO

Nova: – Tonight was a bit of a serious turn for Nova, who had been part of the comical Blue World Order for most of the summer

Paul Heyman: – He started out as the General Manager for ECW until ECW Owner Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley fired him bias concerns. These concerns were due to Heyman managing Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, and C.W. Anderson at the same time. Heyman left ECW for WCW with Lesnar and remains his manager/agent

The Phoenix: – Talented youngster who has mainly wrestled in Canada. Has had a few battles with rival La Felina in Alliance. Competed in the original World Women’s Championship tournament

Psicosis: – The cruiserweight division got a big boost at SuperBrawl XII when Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera returned to WCW in a #1 Contender’s Match. Psicosis would win the match and win the title the next night, but would then lose it to Rey Mysterio Jr. at Barely Legal II. He and Guerrera formed a trio with Essa Rios/Papi Chilo, although now he’s out of the picture

Raven: – Raven put together a group of “warriors” to help him fight a “war” against him that was coming. The first iteration of the group wasn’t much, but as of Anarchy Rulz (After a Buried Alive victory over Mortis) the new version of the warriors: Perry Saturn, Terri Runnels, Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck, Crush, Malice, and Wrath, have dominated ECW. Raven would win the ECW World Championship at Fall Brawl. Commissioner Mick Foley has tried to even the odds as Raven uses his warriors to interfere in matches and take out his enemies. He was pinned by Rey Mysterio Jr. on the RISE before November to Remember. Survived Rey’s challenge at November to Remember

Rene Dupree: – The 18 year old French phenom has been a heavy for Christian…and is completely smitten with Torrie Wilson

Rey Mysterio Jr.: – Returned to WCW/ECW at Barely Legal II when he defeated long time rival Psicosis to win the World Cruiserweight Championship. Has mostly wrestled on ECW shows, although he’s made some WCW appearances. He’s feuded with another long-time rival in Eddie Guerrero throughout the summer and beat Guerrero for his first open weight major singles championship: the ECW TV Title. Had two dream matches with Sabu, the second of which saw Sabu take the TV title at Cyberslam. Rey is set for his second ever shot at the ECW World Championship at November to Remember against Raven. His first was a loss in a valiant effort against Brock Lesnar at the Great American Bash. Unfortunately, he lost to Raven at N2R

Rhyno: – Injured at the end of the InVasion storyline, Rhyno was the last ECW World Champion when ECW closed it doors in the beginning of 2001. Due to his neck injury, he was forced to relinquish the championship. On the inaugural episode of RISE in December of 2001, Rhyno showed up to give up the title…but said that he’d be back to “fucking kill” whomever the ECW World Champion is. Looks like Raven is the lucky man.

Ric Flair: – Flair won his 17th World Championship from Stone Cold at Starrcade 2001…but lost it the next night to Kurt Angle. Angle injured Flair’s ankle and it was thought we’d never see Flair again, until Flair appeared in a War Rumble. Flair just fell short of winning it too as he lost to Brock Lesnar.

Rob Van Dam: – Rob Van Dam’s dream to finally win the ECW World Championship came true after a grueling nine month journey. After coming up short against Brock Lesnar at Starrcade 2001 for the vacant title, it took RVD until Anarchy Rulz to get a one-on-one rematch, this time in a Barbed Wire Steel Cage, to beat Lesnar and win the title. He added a TV title reign over the summer too. RVD is the only person to actually beat Brock Lesnar, and he did it twice (tag match at Slamboree and at Anarchy Rulz, both by pinfall). He has since dropped the ECW Title to Raven, but is a champion once again as he and Sabu knocked off Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles for the ECW tag straps at November to Remember. Just fell short at the WrestleWar’s Final Battle against Booker T.

The Sandman: – ECW icon still showed up from time to time to thwart the bad guys in ECW like the Dudleys and the FBI. Was driven through a flaming table by Deacon Batista of the Archdiocese of Dudleyville at November to Remember

Sabu: – Sabu returned to ECW to help RVD in his battles with Brock Lesnar. He ended up clashing with RVD and even beat him at Barely Legal II. Bill Alfonso was able to reunite the two though and they’ve been allies ever since. Brock Lesnar defeated Sabu in a Barbed Wire ECW World Title match, and since then Sabu has primarily wrestled for the TV Title. Sabu had a couple of dream matches with Rey Mysterio Jr. which ultimately got Sabu the TV title, but he lost it to Tajiri at Fall Brawl. He and RVD regained the ECW Tag titles at November to Remember

Scott Hall: – Scott Hall surprised everyone and showed up in the Barely Legal II ECW TV Title battle royal, although he failed to win the title. What was thought to be a cameo turned out to be a full blown return when he reformed the NWO and cost Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship at Slamboree. Hall and Nash added another WCW World Tag Team Championship to their resume over the summer as well, although they dropped the title back to DDP and Giant at Cyberslam. After costing Mike Awesome the ECW World Championship during Raven’s Nightmare, Hall and Kevin Nash find themselves as the targets for Total Impact

Scott Steiner: – Scott Steiner showed up in a War Rumble as a member of the New World Order, but he fell short of winning as he was eliminated by Booker T

Sean O’Haire: – Originally O’Haire teamed with partner Chuck Palumbo before turning to the New World Order. O’Haire has been positioned as the future of the NWO, but it’s not clear what that actually means with Triple H in charge. Previous interim WCW President Roddy Piper was a big fan of his, but O’Haire ultimately would powerbomb Piper through a table, taking him out. After losses to Kurt Angle and Booker T, as well as several mistakes trying to help Triple H, WCW owner Shane McMahon put together a match where O’Haire would face HHH with a #15 spot in a War Rumble going to the winner (and a #1 spot to the loser). In a shocking upset, O’Haire pinned HHH almost completely clean to win the match. HHH played him in the War Rumble though.

Shane Helms: – After some losses to Elix Skipper, he and Skipper joined forces to make an exciting tag team. Recently, Monty Brown joined them and they have their sights on the Archdiocese of Dudleyville

Shane McMahon: – WCW Owner who has clashed with Triple H, even losing a Last Man Standing Match to him back at Uncensored in April. Shane has been supporting WCW’s top contenders in defeating HHH for the WCW title, which happened at Halloween Havoc

Shelton Benjamin: – Benjamin debuted as Brock Lesnar’s Mystery Partner back at SuperBrawl XII in Lesnar’s battle against Rob Van Dam and Sabu. Benjamin got some solid wins in his early ECW career, but it was clear he wasn’t a priority for Paul Heyman. Now in the post-Heyman ECW, Benjamin has made a point to take care of business for himself. This led to winning his first major championship, the ECW TV Title, at Halloween Havoc 2002. He faced off with his former friend and teammate Brock Lesnar at November to Remember, but failed to walk away with a victory

Stephanie McMahon: – The owner of ECW realizes she’d never be accepted by ECW fans, so installed Mick Foley as ECW Commissioner and took a behind the scenes approach to running the company. Differences with Triple H led to their divorce over the summer

Stevie Ray: – Booker T’s brother and one-half of Harlem Heat. He’s aided his brother in battles against the likes of R-Killa, Brock Lesnar, and the New World Order. Most recently he was blasted over the head with a sledgehammer by Triple H

Sting: – While Sting didn’t appear, Sting made his debut/return to WCW at Halloween Havoc, running off the New World Order to help Hulk Hogan defeat Triple H to win the WCW World Championship. His intentions are unclear at the moment

Stone Cold Steve Austin: – The first WCW World Champion of the Alliance Era has struggled ever since being crowned champion. After losing the title to Ric Flair at Starrcade 2001, Austin has battled the likes of Kurt Angle and Triple H in trying to regain the title, to no avail. Before he challenged Eddie Guerrero on RISE in November, Austin was last seen battling Triple H for the WCW World Title in a Triple Cage Match at the Great American Bash, a match he’d lose. Austin claimed that Guerrero has the fire he needs to get back to being Stone Cold, and Austin would defeat him at N2R. Austin would be eliminated by Brock Lesnar in a War Rumble, but Austin took exception to Lesnar’s post-elimination antics…and in turn cost him the Final Battle

Super Crazy: – Cruiserweight Champion who has traded the title with Tajiri in the summer and has regularly defended the title, but lost it in a three-way at November to Remember against Tajiri and Little Guido

Tajiri: – Tajiri started off as a pawn for William Regal as Regal looked to break up Tajiri and his girlfriend Torrie Wilson. Tajiri would turn on Wilson though, leading to a sinister heel turn. He briefly would join the Sinister Minister is his feud against Raven, but would end up joining Raven too at Anarchy Rulz. Won the Cruiserweight title back at November to Remember

Tazz: – Tazz started the Alliance era strong when he captured the US Title from Kurt Angle back in December 2001, but neck injuries slowed him down. An ECW World Title loss to Brock Lesnar at Uncensored 2002 began the fall, and Shelton Benjamin finished off his career at Barely Legal II. Tazz now works commentary with Joey Styles

Test: – The Alliance Era has been a mixed bag for Test. He started off as ECW Owner Shane McMahon’s bodyguard, but quickly was taken out by the Giant. Ever since he’s been in the middle of the card, recently losing matches to Billy Kidman. He did pick up a win against Meng

Tommy Dreamer: – ECW loyalist shows up from time to time to defend ECW and fend off rivals such as Raven and the Dudleys. Was driven through a flaming table by Deacon Batista of the Archdiocese of Dudleyville at November to Remember.

Triple H: – Recovering from a quadriceps tear, HHH was a special acquisition to the Alliance from Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and debuted at Starrcade 2001 with a win over Christian. After feuding with Steve Austin, HHH would win the WCW World Championship from Kurt Angle at Slamboree thanks to assistance from the original three of the New World Order. This was a trap though, as HHH, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Shawn Michaels would blindside Hulk Hogan the night after Starrcade and create a Green and Black version (which also led to a divorce with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley). HHH had fended off all challengers for his WCW Title (a list that included Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, Kurt Angle, Steve Austin in a Triple Cage Match, and Booker T). His NWO lost War Games though, and by extension HHH lost the title to Hogan at Halloween Havoc. HHH’s hold on the New World Order is in jeopardy as he was shockingly beaten by Sean O’Haire on Nitro. HHH fell short in the War Rumble, making it to the end but losing to Rob Van Dam

Victoria: – Victoria debuted alongside Daffney and ran through the Women’s division, quickly becoming World Women’s Champion. She’s been abusive of Daffney though when Daffney attempted to stop Victoria during post-match attacks, but Daffney stood up to her at Halloween Havoc. Victoria survived a surprisingly violent encounter with Daffney at November to Remember 2002 and again on RISE three days later

William Regal: – Former WCW commissioner had an on-and-off feud with Fit Finlay throughout the summer. He now teams with him and David Taylor to form a heel trio. Lost former protégé Tajiri to the Sinister Minister, and then to Raven

X-Factor: – Also known as the “NWO's X-Factor”. X-Pac showed up during the NWO invasion of ECW and friend Justin Credible turned on his stablemates to join too. They’ve mostly represented the NWO in ECW since, adding Albert to the team. They’ve mostly been feuding with Total Impact as of late as a proxy of the NWO vs. Alliance war. It is likely they are finished after Total Impact destroyed them at November to Remember 2002

Upcoming Pay-Per-View

WCW/ECW Starrcade 2002 – December 29, 2002

WCW World Championship

Kurt Angle © vs. Booker T

Last edited:

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
WrestleWar baby!!

- The layout of the war rumble match is excellent, read through it in no time. Really well paced too. DDP and Booker T better watch out, Batista surely wont be letting that elimination slide.
- RVD! YES! So happy he got the victory there. After Sabu got dumped I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but O'Haire had to become a man on his own mission after recent events (this just brought it to a head), so to have it set up what is a pretty fun spot with the chair toss into a Van Daminator is excellent.
- SOMEONE ATTACKED HOGAN!? Hmmm, smells like a 500 pound monster might be on the loose.
- Awesome to see Ultimo Dragon, absolutely loved that guy. Also, if Big Sal just keeps catching Gudio, then the man is basically unbeatable in Battle Royal's...EDDIE MY MAN, YOU CANT POWERBOMB KIDMAN! Jim Duggan ruining the cruiserweight vibe is VINTAGE Duggan. I fucking love how you just have Austin unashamedly booked to destroy absolutely everyone. That worked perfectly. Every time someone comes in, they get a little bit of something, and then nope, stunner, bye bye. Austin looks like a monster. OH DAMN, speaking of monsters. Lesnar is a perfect guy to pose a legitimate threat to Austin. Especially after he dumps Bam Bam! Yep, Lesnar is killing everyone here and wins it. Solidly done. I truly expected it to all be a foil for Eddie to maybe win, but I am a-okay with how you booked this. Probably my favourite of the three (maybe #2 has the best finish but it's close).
- Kurt wins the belt! Damn, everything's gone wrong for Hogan the last week or so. AHHHH, the Giant vs Hogan, probably the last time you could get a decent match out of them so could be a really good way to build up Giant to be a legitimate threat to everyone (unless it doesn't work for Hogan, brother). Angle as champ is much better than Hogan in terms of workable matches, so that makes complete sense. Especially if Brock wins the whole thing and we get their feud a little bit earlier in the timeline.
- Noooo not Laree right away! Death to the NWO! Also booo to Jazz eliminating Molly, even if she is a badass, Molly could just fly and never be eliminated? No? Kim is a decent choice, especially for the time period it's not like the options are particularly strong for a women's division beyond what you've already got.
- OH AUSTIN. You son of a bitch, that's beautiful. Gets Lesnar out of the way so he doesn't go on and decimate the roster just yet, he can work a program with Austin first. Really well done. RVD getting the pin over Lesnar tells me Booker will ultimately win this now...and he does! Three Book-End's really makes for one you could easily book again given the nature of the finish. Especially since Booker couldn't land the Scissors Kick. Massive result for Booker, and you managed to legitimise three top guys in one night, whilst also keeping everyone else really strong.

Overall: Perhaps the womens war rumble, whilst it makes sense, it might have been one battle royal too many. I find with themed events, more than three and you run the risk of diminishing the good work done. That's not to say this veered into that territory, but it certainly felt like too many of them given the focus around the build to a three way for the #1 contendership. The three male rumbles were really well paced, brilliantly booked, and you saved the best for last. Lots of bigger names fell to 'lesser' names, but in this situation that can always work to your favour. Nobody has been pinned or tapped out (except Hogan, ofc). RVD, Booker T, Lesnar, Mike Awesome, Rey, Eddie all came out the better for it, and you've still got Angle, Hogan, Giant, Austin, HHH, Nash, Hall, etc who are already fully established. A credit to you for booking so many top guys so well, it can be daunting sometimes, but you handle it deftly here. Really enjoyed the show, didn't enjoy my prediction results (pretty sure I got 0!?), but c'est la vie.

• Love

Stojy

Reaction score
Oh The Giant is back? Cool.

Nice teaser segment here with the arrival of Bischoff. Obviously looking forward to the reveal on who he has brought in as reinforcements for the NWO.

First War Rumble was relatively well fleshed out I think. Had the fun start with the La Parka promo, had the awesome Meng/Finlay confrontation, the even more epic return of Vader, as well as the NWO feud taking centre stage for the culmination. Thought everything was fleshed out really well here, and now being without his brother, ready to strike out big on his own, completely happy for Booker to be the victor here. Good stuff.

I’ve been a bit in and out of BTB lately so I’m not entirely sure who The Giant is referring to. My instinct says Hogan but I’m not sure. Either way, The Giant willing to just walk out until he gets the match he wants is an interesting angle.

War Rumble number two was enjoyable as well. Maybe not as enjoyable as number one for me but still pretty solid stuff. This one was much more dominated by the NWO which is fine, and then Triple H being dodgy to O’Haire at the end continues those issues between them which has been one of the highlights for me recently. Big win for Van Dam to which is always fun to see.

I actually might have found the third Battle Royal to be my favourite. Kudos to you for starting each one differently, so I enjoyed the Cruiserweights getting some time to shine, before being interrupted by the most non Cruiserweight wrestler of all time in Duggan lol. Obviously business picked up here once Austin came in and went on a rampage. After the last edition of Rise, we were all here for the Austin/Lesnar confrontation, but it was cleverly teased throughout without giving to much away. Clearly a future marquee match there. Some nice shock moments here to with Dusty and Flair appearing, but I’m comfortable with Brock getting the W here. Also really liked the strong showing of Eddie Guerrero in this one. Great stuff.

Not much to say about the Hogan/Angle match here. Really just contributing to the attacker angle for Hogan, so Angle works on the injury and picks up the win relatively easy. Angle’s the new champ and Hogan doesn’t lose anything in loss.

The aftermath is what we’re really here for though. Looks like my instincts earlier were right with The Giant attacking Hogan on the stage. Not sure I’m interesting in yet another Giant/Hogan match after what 1995 gave us, but booking wise this has been good.

Womens battle royal a lot shorter as expected with the number of participants. Phoenix being eliminated by everybody was a fun spot, as was Jackie and Jazz trying to tear each other apart. Outside of this, we’re all here for the ending. Kim getting the win and getting a shot at revenge makes the most sense here. Nice.

Main event went down a treat as well. Love the putting over the threat of Lesnar, with Booker and Van Dam knowing they had to team up to get the advantage. Brock obviously had to dominate for a little while, but him losing due to Austin makes the most sense here. Clearly we’ve got a match there at Starrcade that doesn’t need the title. Booker and Van Dam facing off for the finish was solid, and the counter of the Five Star at the end with the throwing of the chair from Booker was awesome. Happy with Booker getting the win here, and he and Angle should be fun.

Love your writing style. Four Battle Royals but it still felt like a breeze to read. Obviously it helps that the booking is on point too. Good stuff here, looking forward to seeing how the rest of that Starrcade card takes shape.

• Love

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
PREDICTIONS CONTEST - WrestleWar 2002

Here is where we stand.

Starrcade 2001

DeGenerationMC: 105
Roy Mustang: 70
Dubb: 60

Souled Out 2002

DGenerationMC: 95
Dubb: 95

SuperBrawl XII

Dubb: 90
Wolfbeast: 60
Roy Mustang: 55
DeGenerationMC: 45

Uncensored 2002

DGenerationMC: 115
Roy Mustang: 80
Wolfbeast; 80
Dubb: 70
Battletank: 60
Tyronesaurus24: 60

Barely Legal II
Dubb 102
Roy Mustang: 61

Slamboree 2002
DGenerationMC: 110
Dubb: 40

Hardcore Heaven 2002
Dubb: 115
Roy Mustang: 115
DGenerationsMC: 70

The 2002 Great American Bash
Roy Mustang: 105
Dubb: 60
Order: 40

Anarchy Rulz 2002
White Rhyno: 125
Dubb: 90

Fall Brawl 2002
DGeneration MC: 115
Dubb: 40
Roy Mustang: 40
Stojy: 30

Halloween Havoc 2002
MTK36: 85
DGenerationMC: 85
Dubb: 50
Roy Mustang: 20

November to Remember 2002
MTK36: 125 (PERFECT!)
DGeneration MC: 90
Battletank: 85
DakotaNorth: 75
Dubb: 65
Roy Mustang: 50

WrestleWar 2002
MTK36: 70
DGeneration MC: 30
Dubb: 30
Roy Mustang: 25
DakotaNorth: 10

Congrats to MTK36 as he wins a THIRD straight show. With the 25 point bonus he gets 70. Obviously this was a tough one with how WrestleWar was scored, perhaps I'll work on that for next year.

STANDINGS

@Dubble J : 907
@DGenerationMC : 860
@Roy Mustang : 781
@MTK36 : 280
@BattleTank : 145
Wolfbeast: 140
@White Rhyno : 125
@DakotaNorth : 85
@Tyronesaurus24 : 60
@Order : 40
@Stojy : 30

If WB and Daken have names here I can officially @ them in the Standings.

Note that point values for shows will double beginning with Starrcade 2002, with some new rules!

While points will be mainly use to vote at Cyberslam 2003, there will be various things to vote for on Nitro and RISE in 2003.​

Reactions: Roy Mustang

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

Post-WrestleWar 2002 Update (11/30/02)

History of PPV Results

WCW/ECW Starrcade 2001 – 12/30/01 – MCI Center, Washington, D.C.

Total Impact (Mike Awesome, Lance Storm
and Justin Credible) defeated Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, and Spike Dudley when Awesome pinned Dreamer in 10:12…WCW World Cruiserweight Championship: Billy Kidman © pinned Jerry Lynn in 13:11 to retain the title…WCW United States Championship: Tazz © made Tajiri submit in 9:59 to retain the title…#1 Contender’s Match for the WCW World Championship: Kurt Angle made Booker T submit in 21:03…Triple H pinned Christian in 7:26…WCW World Tag Team Championship – Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz © defeated Kronik in 6:13 to retain the title…Match for the Vacant ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar pinned Rob Van Dam in 19:22 to win the title…WCW World Championship – Curt Hennig is the Special Guest Referee: Ric Flair pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin © in 21:05 to win the title

WCW/ECW Souled Out 2002 – 1/27/02 – Compaq Center, Houston, TX

Diamond Dallas Page
pinned William Regal in 10:01…Raven’s Rules: Raven pinned Billy Kidman in 6:54…Booker T pinned Curt Hennig in 12:13…WCW World Tag Team Championship – Four Way Elimination Match: The Dudley Boyz © defeated Kronik, The Faces of Fear, and Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire to retain the title, Bubba Ray Dudley pinned Bryan Clarke in 1:46, Bubba Ray Dudley pinned the Barbarian in 3:37, Bubba Ray Dudley pinned Sean O’Haire in 8:50…Triple H pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin in 30:23…WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jerry Lynn pinned Taka Michinoku © in 5:51 to win the title…WCW United States Championship – Four-Way One Fall – Christian defeated Tazz ©, Christian, and Tajiri when he pinned Tazz to win the title…ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar © pinned Bam Bam Bigelow in 14:54 to retain the title…WCW World Championship: Kurt Angle © defeated The Giant by submission in 14:26 to retain the title

WCW/ECW SuperBrawl XII – 2/24/02 – Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA

#1 Contender’s Match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Psicosis
pinned Juventud Guerrera in 17:05…World Women’s Championship – Four-Way Elimination: Molly Marvel defeated Jazz, Luna Vachon, and Ivory to win the title, Luna pinned Ivory in 4:56, Jazz pinned Juna in 5:09, Molly pinned Jazz in 9:59 to win the title…Diamond Dallas Page, Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo defeated William Regal, Tajiri, and Finlay when Page pinned Regal in 12:03…#1 Contender’s Match for the ECW World Championship – Extreme Brawl: Tazz defeated Jerry Lynn, Justin Credible, Mike Awesome, Raven, and The Sandman, Tazz made Credible submit in 7:51, Awesome pinned Lynn in 11:32, Awesome pinned Sandman in 16:34, Raven pinned Awesome in 20:30, Tazz made Raven pass out in 21:46…WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz © defeated The Legion of Doom when Bubba Ray pinned Animal in 8:55 to retain the title…The Giant pinned Test in 2:22…WCW United States Championship: Christian © pinned Booker T in 8:49 after R-Killa and Mark Henry interfered to retain the title…ECW World Championship – Dream Partner Tag Team Match: Brock Lesnar © and Shelton Benjamin defeated Rob Van Dam and Sabu when Lesnar pinned RVD in 17:15 to retain the title…WCW World Championship – Triple-Threat One Fall: Kurt Angle © defeated Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin when he made Austin submit in 20:18 to retain the title

WCW/ECW Uncensored 2002 – 3/24/02 – Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI

ECW World Tag Team Championship: Rob Van Dam and Sabu ©
defeated Justin Credible and Mike Awesome when Sabu pinned Awesome in 12:05 to retain the title…World Women’s Championship: Molly Marvel © defeated Jazz in by DQ in 2:02 to retain the title…World Cruiserweight Championship: Psicosis © pinned AJ Styles in 16:43 to retain the title…Detroit Street Fight: R-Killa pinned Booker T when Mark Henry interfered in 13:53…WCW World Championship: Kurt Angle © made Lance Storm submit in 16:52 to retain the title…WCW United States Championship – International Challenger Rules: Christian © pinned Fit Finlay in 6:02 to retain the title…Last Man Standing – If Triple H Wins He Receives a WCW World Championship Match – Triple H defeated Shane McMahon in 8:58…WCW World Tag Team Championship – Double Elimination Tables Match: Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant © defeated The Dudley Boyz in 10:02 to retain the title…ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar © pinned Tazz in 14:04 to retain the title

ECW/WCW Barely Legal II – 4/14/02 – First Union Center, Philadelphia, PA

The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Balls Mahoney
defeated The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray, D-Von and Spike) when Dreamer, Sandman and Mahoney pinned Bubba Ray and D-Von in 14:31…Shelton Benjamin pinned Tazz in 6:33…Extreme Battle Royal for the Vacant ECW World Television Championship: Eddie Guerrero wins, last eliminating Super Crazy in 17:32 to win the title…Raven pinned Terry Funk in 7:54…World Women’s Championship: Jazz pinned Molly Marvel © in 3:17 to win the title…World Cruiserweight Championship: Rey Mysterio Jr. pinned Psicosis © in 23:14 to win the title…ECW World Tag Team Championship – Tables, Ladders, and Chairs: Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles defeated R-Killa and Mark Henry ©, Danny Doring and Amish Roadkill, and Trailer Park Kash after Harlem Heat interfered in 17:10 to win the title…Sabu pinned Rob Van Dam in 17:37…Kurt Angle and The Eliminators defeated Total Impact (Mike Awesome, Justin Credible, and Lance Storm) when Angle made Credible submit in 13:56…ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar © pinned Cactus Jack in 21:21 to retain the title

WCW/ECW Slamboree 2002 – 5/12/02 – American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL

Billy Kidman
pinned Juventud Guerrera in 11:32…#1 Contender’s Match for the World Cruiserweight Championship: Super Crazy pinned Psicosis in 12:04…William Regal defeated Finlay when Finlay was unresponsive in 11:29…WCW United States Championship: Christian © pinned Test after the Amazing-French Canadians interfered in 10:48…Winning Team Decides the Stipulation for the ECW World Championship Match at Hardcore Heaven 2002: Rob Van Dam and Sabu defeated Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin when RVD pinned Lesnar in 18:16…The Blue World Order (Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova and Da Blue Guy) defeated Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, and Brian Christopher when Da Blue Guy pinned Disco in 3:20…ECW World Television Championship vs. World Cruiserweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero (ECW TV) pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. (Cruiserweight) in 23:13 to win the Cruiserweight title and retain the TV title…WCW World Championship – Triple Threat, One Fall: Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant © defeated Harlem Heat and Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire when DDP pinned Palumbo in 9:07…WCW World Championship: Triple H pinned Kurt Angle after Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash interfered in 19:11 to win the title

ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2002 – 6/9/02 – UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL

Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, and Spike Dudley
defeated The Full-Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Tracy Smothers, Big Daddy Vincenzo and Big Sal E. Graziano when Kidman pinned Guido in 6:31…Shelton Benjamin pinned Jinsei Shinzaki in 12:03…Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido, and Mike Awesome) defeated The X-Factor of the NWO (X-Pac, Justin Credible) and The Great Muta when Storm pinned Credible in 15:54…ECW World Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn © defeated Trailer Park Kash when Styles pinned Jamie Noble in 30:02 to retain the title…Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck, and Yoshihiro Tajiri defeated Raven, Malice, and Glacier when Mortis pinned Glacier in 5:57…The New World Order (Sean O’Haire, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall) defeated Kurt Angle and The Eliminators when O’Haire pinned Kronus in 15:42…ECW World Television Championship: Rob Van Dam pinned Eddie Guerrero © in 23:07 to win the title…ECW World Championship – Barbed Wire Match: Brock Lesnar © defeated Sabu via ref stoppage in 16:42 to retain the title

WCW/ECW The 2002 Great American Bash – 7/7/02 – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar ©
pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. in 15:11 to retain the title…Mike Awesome pinned Justin Credible in 2:03…WCW United States Championship: Christian © pinned Billy Kidman in 6:09 to retain the title…Harlem Heat defeated R-Killa and Mark Henry when Booker T pinned Henry in 3:32…ECW World Television Championship – Two Falls: Eddie Guerrero defeated The Great Muta © and Rob Van Dam, Guerrero pinned Muta in 12:12, Guerrero pinned RVD in 15:57 to win the title…Mortis pinned William Regal in 1:51…WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Outsiders defeated Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant © when Hall pinned DDP in 14:23 to win the title…Kurt Angle and Roddy Piper defeated Sean O’Haire and Curt Hennig when Piper put Hennig to sleep in 4:04…WCW World Championship – Triple Cage Match: Triple H © defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin in 37:35 to retain the title

ECW/WCW Anarchy Rulz 2002 – 8/4/02 – Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, NJ

ECW World Television Championship: Rey Mysterio Jr. (c)
pinned Sabu in 16:45 to retain the title...Mike Awesome pinned Masato Tanaka in 13:56...ECW World Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn (c) defeated Los Guerreros when Styles pinned Chavo in 9:39...Lance Storm pinned The Great Muta in 10:39...World Cruiserweight Championship: Six Pack Challenge (One Fall): Tajiri (c) defeated Super Crazy, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Jamie Noble, and Kid Kash when he pinned Crazy in 8:12...Buried Alive: Raven defeated Mortis in 21:21...Harlem Street Fight: Booker T defeated R-Killa in 17:36...ECW World Championship: Barbed Wire Steel Cage: Rob Van Dam pinned Brock Lesnar (c) in 22:28 to win the title

WCW/ECW Cyberslam 2002 – 9/1/02 – Key Arena, Seattle, WA

WCW World Championship: Triple H (c)
pinned Booker T in 27:25 to retain the title...ECW World Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn (c) defeated Elix Skipper and Shane Helms when Styles pinned Skipper in 9:49 to retain the title...ECW World Television Championship: Sabu pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. (c) in 13:58 to win the title...Weapons Mix'N'Match Lumberjack Match: X-Pac pinned Mike Awesome in 5:36...ECW World Championship: Mexican Strap Match: Rob Van Dam (c) defeated Eddie Guerrero in 18:22 to retain the title...Battle Royal to Determine the #1 Contender for the WCW United States Championship: Kurt Angle wins, last eliminating Sean O'Haire in 13:19...WCW United States Championship: Kurt Angle pinned Christian (c) in 3:38 to win the title...WCW World Tag Team Championship: Steel Cage Match: Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant defeated The Outsiders (c) via double pin in 12:04 to win the title

WCW/ECW Fall Brawl 2002 – 9/29/02 – Ford Center, Oklahoma City, OK

Elix Skipper, Shane Helms,
and Monty Brown defeated William Regal, Fit FInlay, and Dave Taylor when Skipper pinned Regal in 10:37...World Cruiserweight Championship: Super Crazy (c) pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. in 8:48 to retain the title...World Women's Championship: Victoria (c) pinned Molly Marvel in 6:55 to retain the title...ECW World Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn (c) defeated Bam Bam Bigelow and Gangrel when Lynn pinned Bigelow in 8:13 to retain the title...#1 Contender for the ECW Television Championship: Three Way Dance: Shelton Benjamin defeated Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio Jr. after Guerrero walked out and Benjamin pinned Mysterio in 17:28...ECW Television Championship: Tajiri pinned Sabu (c) in 14:33 to win the title...ECW World Championship: Raven pinned Rob Van Dam (c) in 15:22 to win the title...Battle Royal to Determine the #1 Contender for the WCW United States Championship: Christian wins, last eliminating Kidman in 9:13...War Games Kurt Angle, Booker T, Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, and "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan defeated Triple H, Sean O'Haire, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Brock Lesnar when HHH was rendered unconscious in Hogan and Angle's hold in 33:57

WCW/ECW Halloween Havoc 2002 – 10/27/02 – MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas, NV

Any-Match-You-Want Ladder Match: Eddie Guerrero
defeated Rob Van Dam in 20:03...ECW World Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn (c) defeated Lance Storm and Chris Candido when Styles pinned Candido in 11:54 when X-Factor interfered to retain the title...ECW Television Championship: Shelton Benjamin pinned Tajiri (c) in 9:45 to win the title...Kurt Angle pinned Sean O'Haire in 9:28...The Giant pinned Diamond Dallas Page in 6:11...WCW World Tag Team Championship - Four Corners Match: The Archdiocese of Dudleyville (c) defeated Christian and Rene Dupree, Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr., and Elix Skipper and Shane Helms when Bubba pinned Kidman in 6:03...Brock Lesnar pinned Booker T in 15:04...World Women's Championship: Victoria (c) pinned Molly Marvel in 4:24 to retain the title...WCW World Championship: "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan pinned Triple H (c) in 13:23 after Sting saved Hogan from the New World Order to win the title

ECW/WCW November to Remember 2002 – 11/24/02 – HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY

ECW World Tag Team Championship: Rob Van Dam
and Sabu defeated Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles (c) when RVD pinned Lynn in 23:47 to win the title...If Total Impact Win, They Get a Match With the Outsiders: Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido, and Mike Awesome) defeated X-Factor (X-Pac, Justin Credible, and Albert) when Storm pinned Credible in 2:51...International Three-Way Dance for the World Cruiserweight Championship: Tajiri defeated Super Crazy (c) and Little Guido, Tajiri pinned Crazy in 11:17, Tajiri pinned Guido in 16:57 to win the title...Flaming Tables Match: The Archdiocese of Dudleyville (Brother Bubba, Reverend D-Von, Deacon Batista, and Altar Boy Spike) defeated The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney, and Axl Rotten when Batista drove Sandman and Dreamer through a flaming table at 11:56...Brock Lesnar pinned Shelton Benjamin in 13:33...World Women's Championship: Victoria (c) pinned Daffney in 7:22 to win the title...ECW World Championship: Raven (c) pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. in 16:04 to retain the title...Stone Cold Steve Austin pinned Eddie Guerrero in 18:25

ECW/WCW WrestleWar 2002 – 11/30/02 – Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA

WrestleWar War Rumble #1: Booker T
wins, last eliminating Scott Steiner in 25:39...WrestleWar War Rumble #2: Rob Van Dam wins, last eliminating Triple H in 27:12...WrestleWar War Rumble #3: Brock Lesnar wins, last eliminating Ric Flair in 29:53...WCW World Championship: Kurt Angle made Hulk Hogan (c) submit in 7:03 to win the title...Women's War Rumble: Gail Kim wins, last eliminating Jazz in 8:11...WrestleWar Final Battle: Booker T defeated Rob Van Dam and Brock Lesnar, RVD pinned Lesnar in 13:12, Booker T pinned RVD in 25:12

Championship Linages

WCW World Championship

12-3-01 – Philadelphia, PA – Monday Night Nitro – Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) (Awarded)
12-30-01 – Washington, D.C. – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2001 PPV – Ric Flair (7) (Pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin)
12-31-01 – Norfolk, VA – Monday Night Nitro – Kurt Angle (2) (Made Ric Flair submit)
5-12-02 – Miami, FL – WCW/ECW Slamboree 2002 PPV - Triple H (1) (Pinned Kurt Angle)
10-27-02 - Las Vegas, NV - WCW/ECW Halloween Havoc 2002 PPV - "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan (7) (Pinned Triple H)
11-30-02 - San Francisco, CA - WCW/ECW WrestleWar 2002 PPV - Kurt Angle (3) (Made Hulk Hogan submit)

ECW World Championship
12-6-01 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW RISE – Vacant (Rhyno vacated due to injury)
12-30-01 – Washington, D.C. – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2001 PPV – Brock Lesnar (1) (Pinned Rob Van Dam for vacant title)
8-4-02 - East Rutherford, NJ - ECW/WCW Anarchy Rulz 2002 PPV - Rob Van Dam (1) (Pinned Brock Lesnar in a Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match)
9-29-02 - Oklahoma City, OK - WCW/ECW Fall Brawl 2002 PPV - Raven (3) (Pinned Rob Van Dam)

WCW United States Championship
10-22-01 – Kansas City, MO – Monday Night RAW – Kurt Angle (1) (Defeated Rhyno by submission)(Pre-Rebirth)
12-13-01 – New York, NY – ECW RISE – Tazz (1) (Choked Kurt Angle out)
1-27-02 – Houston, TX – WCW/ECW Souled Out 2002 PPV – Christian (1) (Defeated Tazz, Rob Van Dam and Tajiri in a Four Way Match, pinning Tazz)
9-1-02 - Seattle, WA - WCW/ECW Cyberslam 2002 PPV - Kurt Angle (2) (Pinned Christian)
9-30-02 - Oklahoma City, OK - Monday Night Nitro - Christian (2) (Pinned Kurt Angle)

ECW Television Championship
4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Eddie Guerrero (3) (Last eliminated Super Crazy in a battle royal)
6-9-02 – Chicago, IL – ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2002 PPV – Rob Van Dam (2) (Pinned Eddie Guerrero)
6-27-02 – Buffalo, NY – ECW RISE – The Great Muta (1) (Pinned Rob Van Dam)
7-7-02 – New York, NY – WCW/ECW The 2002 Great American Bash PPV – Eddie Guerrero (4) (Defeated The Great Muta and Rob Van Dam in a Three-Way Dance)
7-11-02 - Long Island, NY - ECW RISE - Rey Mysterio Jr. (1) (Pinned Eddie Guerrero)
9-1-02 - Seattle, WA - WCW/ECW Cyberslam 2002 PPV - Sabu (2) (Pinned Rey Mysterio Jr.)
9-29-02 - Oklahoma City, OK - WCW/ECW Fall Brawl 2002 PPV - Tajiri (2) (Pinned Sabu)
10-27-02 - Las Vegas, NV - WCW/ECW Halloween Havoc 2002 PPV - Shelton Benjamin (1) (Pinned Tajiri)

WCW World Tag Team Championship
10-26-01 – Omaha, NE – Thursday Night SMACKDOWN! – Bubba Ray (1) and D-Von Dudley (1) (Defeated The Hardy Boyz)(Pre-Rebirth)
3-11-02 – St. Louis, MO – Monday Night Nitro – Diamond Dallas Page (5) and The Giant (4) (Defeated The Dudley Boyz)
7-7-02 – New York, NY - WCW/ECW The 2002 Great American Bash PPV – Kevin Nash (10) and Scott Hall (8) (Defeated Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant)
9-1-02 - Seattle, WA - WCW/ECW Cyberslam 2002 PPV - Diamond Dallas Page (6) and The Giant (5) (Defeated Kevin Nash and Scott Hall in a Steel Cage)
10-7-02 - Chicago, IL - Monday Night Nitro - Brother Bubba (2) and Reverend D-Von (2) (Defeated Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant)

ECW World Tag Team Championship
12-3-00 – New York, NY – ECW Massacre on 34th Street PPV – Danny Doring (1) and Roadkill (1) (Defeated Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke)(Pre-Rebirth)
2-28-02 – Indianapolis, IN – RISE – Rob Van Dam (3) and Sabu (4) (Defeated Danny Doring and Roadkill)
3-28-02 – Buffalo, NY – RISE – R-Killa (1) and Mark Henry (1) (Defeated Rob Van Dam and Sabu)
4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Jerry Lynn (1) and AJ Styles (1) (Defeated R-Killa and Mark Henry, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble, and Danny Doring and Roadkill in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match)
11-24-02 - Buffalo, NY - ECW/WCW November to Remember 2002 PPV - Rob Van Dam (4) and Sabu (5) (Defeated Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles)

World Cruiserweight Championship
10-9-01 – Moline, IL – Thursday Night SMACKDOWN! – Billy Kidman (5) (Pinned X-Pac)(Pre-Rebirth)
1-21-02 – Kansas City, MO – Monday Night Nitro – Taka Michinoku (1) (Pinned Billy Kidman)
1-27-02 – Houston, TX – WCW/ECW Souled Out 2002 PPV – Jerry Lynn (1) (Pinned Taka Michinoku)
2-25-02 – Atlanta, GA – Monday Night Nitro – Psicosis (3) (Pinned Jerry Lynn)
4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Rey Mysterio Jr. (6) (Pinned Psicosis)
5-12-02 – Miami, FL – WCW/ECW Slamboree 2002 PPV – Eddie Guerrero (3) (Pinned Rey Mysterio Jr.)
5-13-02 – Daytona Beach, FL - Monday Night Nitro – Super Crazy (1) (Pinned Eddie Guerrero)
7-13-02 - Norfolk, VA - Worldwide - Tajiri (1) (Pinned Super Crazy)
8-24-02 - Colorado Springs, CO - RISE - Super Crazy (2) (Pinned Tajiri)
11-24-02 - Buffalo, NY - ECW/WCW November to Remember 2002 PPV - Tajiri (2) (Won a Three-Way Dance by pinning Little Guido in a match also involving Super Crazy)

World Women’s Championship
2-24-02 – Atlanta, GA – WCW/ECW SuperBrawl XII PPV – Molly Marvel (1) (Won a four-way match against Ivory, Jazz, and Luna Vachon to win the title)
4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Jazz (1) (Pinned Molly Marvel)
7-18-02 - Macon, GA - ECW RISE - Victoria (1) (Pinned Jazz)

Calendar

December
December 2, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 5, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
December 7, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
December 9, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 12, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
December 14, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
December 16, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 19, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
December 21, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV
December 23, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 26, 2002 (Wednesday) – ECW RISE
December 28, 2002 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2002 (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
December 29, 2002 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2002 (Pay-Per-View)

December 30, 2002 (Monday) - Monday Night Nitro

January
January 2, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
January 6, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
January 9, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
January 11, 2003 (Saturday) – ECW/WCW Guilty As Charged 2003 Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
January 12, 2003 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW Guilty As Charged 2003 (Pay-Per-View)

January 13, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
January 16, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
January 18, 2003 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Clash of Champions (Special Event)
January 20, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
January 23, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
January 27, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
January 30, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE

February
February 1, 2003 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Revenge 2003 Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
February 2, 2003 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Revenge 2003 (Pay-Per-View)

February 3, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
February 6, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
February 10, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
February 13, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
February 17, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
February 20, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
February 22, 2003 (Saturday) – ECW/WCW Market Street Mayhem (Special Event)
February 24, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
February 27, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE

March
March 1, 2003 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Superbrawl XIII Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
March 2, 2003 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW Superbrawl XIII (Pay-Per-View)

March 3, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
March 6, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
March 9, 2003 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW Wrestlepalooza 2003 (Special Event)

March 10, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
March 13, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
March 17, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
March 20, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
March 22, 2003 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Uncensored 2003 Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
March 23, 2003 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW Uncensored 2003 (Pay-Per-View)

March 24, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
March 27, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
March 31, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro

April
April 3, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
April 7, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
April 10, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
April 12, 2003 (Saturday) – ECW/WCW Living Dangerously 2003 Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
April 13, 2003 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW Living Dangerously 2003 (Pay-Per-View)

April 14, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
April 17, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
April 19, 2003 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Music City Showdown (Special Event)

April 21, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
April 24, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
April 28, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro

May
May 1, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
May 3, 2003 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Slamboree 2003 - The Throne Wars Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
May 4, 2003 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Slamboree 2003 - The Throne Wars (Pay-Per-View)

May 6, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
May 9, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
May 13, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
May 16, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
May 20, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
May 23, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
May 27, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro

May 30, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
May 31, 2003 (Saturday) – ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2003 Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)

June
June 1, 2003 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2003 (Pay-Per-View)
June 2, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
June 5, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
June 8, 2003 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Battle in Seattle (Special Event)

June 9, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
June 12, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
June 16, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
June 19, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
June 23, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro

June 26, 2003 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
June 28, 2003 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW The 2003 Great American Bash Preview (Pay-Per-View-Preview)

June 29, 2003 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW The 2003 Great American Bash (Pay-Per-View)
June 30, 2003 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro

Reactions: BattleTank