Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
MjUKhyt.png

Yeah, this is a thing, I've always wanted to go back and watch stuff I have forgotten about or missed IDK when I'll start maybe once I get done finishing a month of WWF 1998.

Not that fuckery when it first started with Rookie/Vet shit, or when it became a 3rd rate fuckshit show. NAW WE STARTING FROM GOD'S VISION!

Reactions: Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
What a pussy, won't even sit through beer keg carrying challenges, smh.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
RIP Fab for having to watch pre-Juicer on his road to the NXT Title

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT Episode 1
June 20th, 2012
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

Commentary: JR and William Regal :mark:

Good Ol' Jim Ross comes out onto the stage, he welcomes us to the NEW NXT. He then introduces the interim GM Dusty Rhodes. JR asks what he has in store for us tonight, Dusty says there's electricity running through the building, and he's ready for anything. He books Tyson Kidd vs. McGillicutty tonight.

BO DALLAS VIDEO PACKAGE! Dat family lineage He says "A SMILE THAT SHINES FOR MILES, A CHIN THAT WON'T GIVE IN, AND A FIST THAT BREAKS BRICKS" :lmao

Rick Victor vs. Bo Dallas
Apparently, Rick is the very last to come through the Dungine. Stue would have broken this fuck if he was still here. They exchange arm holds before Bo "turns it up" with slams and an awful spear for the win.

Some loser comes out on the stage and interviews Bo after the match, Bo says he came to NXT with a game plan and he executed it. This is only the beginning, and everyone in the back to get used to this smile. Keep watching, you will know BO!

Seth Rollin's Video Package, he makes his debut next week.

ANTONIO CESARO! NEXT WEEK!

Damien Sandow comes down to the ring, he's supposed to have a match with a Kid named Jason Jordan. But instead, Sandow runs down Jordan calling him unworthy and says he cannot and will not interact with this ignoramuses tonight. And as always he does this for the benefit and welfare of everyone. And leaves.

The Ascension Video Package "WE WILL RISE"

RAW REBOUND! HA!

The Ascension (Kenneth Cameron & Conor O'Brian) vs. Mike Dalton & CJ Parker
Goes about a minute, Ascension do the laughable intensity and beat up CJ before hitting a Jawbreaker into a Flapjack for the win.

Bray Wyatt video package, ahhh man. Remember the hype. He says parents need to stop lying to their children and telling them the monsters are not real. Your children should be worried and looking under their beds at night, because monsters...MONSTERS ARE REAL. THE BOOGEYMAN IS REAL. I AM REAL. Good things come to those who believe in Bray Wyatt.

Some awful Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis segment airs with them in the bathroom.

Michael McGilicutty vs. Tyson Kidd
This gets a ton of time and rules, they work the mat early with some really good counter wrestling. Michael uses his height and weight to counter Kidd's speed, so Kidd uses his technique and Dungen training to come right back and frustrating him. Kidd busts out some of Owen's tricks is great, like the jumping onto the top rope onto his but to get out of a hammerlock. He hits a pretty sweet suicide dive as we go to break when we return it's still all Kidd until he gets kneed to the head and Michael hits a neckbreaker through the middle ropes. He begins working the head, it's pretty basic he works the headlock a lot. Awesome spot sees Michael hanging Kidd in the tree of woe, and begins pulling at the neck from the floor. Love that spot. He hangs him up again, but Kidd avoids the running baseball slide and he crotches himself into the ringpost. That allows Kidd to make a comeback using his feet for various kicks/dropkicks for a series of two counts. They go back and forth trading near falls before Kidd locks in the Sharpshooter that he calls the Dungen Lock for the win. Good Main Event to end this really trashy first show. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT Episode 2
June 27th, 2012

Commentary: Jim Ross & Byron Saxton :mjcry

Seth Rollins vs. Jiro
Fuckin Seth comes out doing some heavy metal, sacrifice dance thing he looks stupid. Basic Seth showcase, he does all the terrible things he did on the indies to get him here before hitting the BLACKOUT! for the win.

On the stage, Seth says he came to NXT to do what he does best rip the roots out of the ground and the crowds from the sky and shake this place upside down, change the world one heart at a time, and Jinder Mahal comes out for his match. They stare one another down before Jinder walks past and Seth leaves.

Jinder Mahal vs. Jason Jordan
AFRO JORDAN and loooool pre-juicy Jinder looks weird. Jinder showcase, he's pretty much working the same style here that he's working now. Tons of basic heel 101 offense before he locks on the Camel Clutch for the win.

After the Match; Jinder says he will mold NXT into his vision and then take over WWE. Well, he wasn't wrong on one of those things.

Leo Kruger Video Package. He calls himself the Alpha Male Lion of NXT and was treated as a god in Africa :lmao

Leo Kruger vs. Aiden English
I have no idea what Krugers gimmick is, in the package he talks about being a Lion so he's supposed to be vicious, but then he comes out wearing the "Miss Universe" thing around him, I forgot what it's called. So I guess he's a self-entitled douche that comes from a rich family. IDK. He sucks tho, like really bad. Nothing about his screams Lion but the shitty I have money so I think I can wrestle sure. He locks in the rear naked choke for the win.

Punk ass Richie Steamboat video package. He knows he can't fill his dad shoes so he just wants to fill his own, but first he's gonna rip off all his dad's shit.

Fuck yeah, Regal back on commentary, but for some reason, they have another man, and he's not Saxton. Not like I want Saxton but this new guys voice is so unclear I have no idea who it is.

The Uso's vs. The Ascension
I have come to the realization, I hate generic Samoa dancing Uso's. They don't exist. The only Uso's I acknowledge are the Uso's that debuted during the brand split. Uso's carry these sacks of shit for a few minutes before The Ascension is able to hit their "Downcast" team finisher for the win. UGH!

Okay now, the new guy is gone and is replaced with Saxton, Regal is also gone :(

Rick Victor vs. Richie Steamboat
Richie uses all his dad's shit, and looks somewhat good doing so, cause he has his dad's DNA. He also seems way advanced than some of these other "Generation" talents like a BO or Michael. It's kinda weird seeing a face squashing like it's all Richie, we don't even get to see what he's like bumping or selling. Which shouldn't be his gimmick. He ends up hitting the Sling Blade for the win.

Proud papa Ricky Steamboat is happy in the crowd.

RAW REBOUND!

Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana) vs. Dante Dash
SQUASH! Neutralizer wins it.

Another Bray Wyatt Video Package. He says they don't love you like he does, man. They don't know you. They can't protect you like he can. How is he gonna do that? With love, man. REAL LOVE. A love you can feel in your core, a love you can reach out and touch. You can feel it in your eyes and in your brain, love that runs like static electricity that floats through your fingertips. I AM POWERFUL!

I just realized Summer Rae has been the ring announcer the whole time. LOL

Johnny Curtis vs. Derrick Bateman
Bateman comes out on fire, as Curtis keeps making him mad with slaps. He then uses Bateman's anger against him and suckers him in. When he avoids a charge and Bateman goes knees first into the top turnbuckle. Curtis works the knees, it's really solid as he still does his "creep" facial expression why he's torturing Bateman in a modified Indian deathlock, before breaking and busting out the spinning toe hold. FUNK WOULD BE PROUD! Kinda weird that don't have a long finish or even a Bateman comeback before going right into the finish with Bateman hitting the DVD for the win. **1/2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ritchie Steamboat had his father's genes and his back too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I remember hating Rollins so fucking much on NXT, his heavy metal shit took me out every week.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Seth Rollins stupid one man slam dance :MJ:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT Episode 3
July 4th, 2012

Sofia Cortez vs. Paige
Young Ivelisse and pre-cum bucket Paige. This is decent they work the shimmer syle lots of striking and stuff, it gets about 4 minutes so it's nothing special. Sofia hits a wheelbarrow DDT for the win.

Camacho (w/Hunico) vs. Seth Rollins
This is whatever, Camacho uses decent power moves nothing amazing but it's solid, Seth bumps around to makes his stuff look good. Hunico gets onto the apron, so Rollins sends Camacho into him knocking him off the apron. Seth immediately hits the BLKOUT for the win. Afer the match; Cam and Hun put the boots to Rollins but BO DALLAS MAKES THE SAVE.

Jake Carter & Cory Graves vs. Nick Rodgers & CJ Parker
Lowkey this Jake/Cory theme goes hard you can tell they were just thrown together as Cory is wrestling in like jeans and has black eyeliner on. while Jake has @itsjakecarter on his ass so he's an up and coming IG model. You guys know Jake right, Vaders kid who wrestles nothing like but most known for letting BRAY STEAL HIS BITCH AND HE AIN'T DONE SHIT TO THE MAN! Anyway, this is a showcase match they win with a Powerslam/Sliding Neckbreaker combo for the win.

KASSIUS OHNO!

Bray Wyatt video package, He asks what people think they'll do to someone they can't hurt or someone who cannot be afraid of them. He says he knows how cruel hell can be and he knows what it does to a man. It changes you. It makes you strong, man. He's stronger than he ever was because it took away his ability to feel fear or feel pain. HE'S NOT AFRAID ANYMORE. He asks what you can do to someone like him. What CAN you do? ... RUN!

Kassius OhNo vs. Mike Dalton
Skinny Ohno :mark: Ohno targets the head with strikes and tries to lock in the cobra clutch but Dalton fights out, he tries to make a comeback but gets caught with the roaring elbow for the win.

After the Match; Ohno grabs the mic and says he will speak slowly so everyone can understand him. Kassius Ohno knocks people out, and when they hear Kassius coming, they all say, "OH NO!"

Derrick Bateman vs. Jinder Mahal
FUCKIN Florida crowd chanting this is awesome 20 seconds in after Bateman hits a sloppy suicide dive, one more inch up and he would have missed Jinder and landed on his neck. Jinder then catches him on the ropes and hangs him up neck-first onto the top rope. They refuse to do anything with it, Jinder in terms of working it and Bateman selling it. They kinda just do stuff to one another until Jinder locks in his Camel Clutch for the win. *1/2

Tyson Kidd, Seth Rollins & Bo Dallas vs. Michael McGillicutty, Hunico & Camacho
Kidd fucking ruled in his sequence with Hunico to start, the faces all get in and do stuff to Hunico until he knees Seth in the gut and whips him into the turnbuckle as we go to break, when we return Seth is being isolated he fights out of the heels corner and tags in Bo for a terrible 101 hot tag but Camacho throws him into the turnbuckles now and the heels tag over again. JR and Regal put over McGillicutty could be an all-time great :lmao he just doesn't know it yet. Heels do stuff, not enough cheating and double teams behind the refs back for my liking. Just 3 men doing stuff. Bo fights back and tags Kidd in who has a great hot tag, he cleans house leading to the match breaking down. Kidd gets caught running by a chop blocked by Michael, and he hits the running neckbreaker for the win. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT Episode 4
July 11th, 2012

Some loser in the front row has a sign "I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA" FULL SAIL

Regal and Saxton on commentary.

Tyson Kidd vs. Camacho (w/Hunico)
Regal retells the story of how Hun and Cam became good friends, but this week he switches the story from Cam biting someone's nose off to biting a mans eye out. Kidd uses quickness and technique to outwrestle and frustrate Cam, he starts getting cocky with it so Hunico tries to climb into the ring so he gets tossed as we got to break. When we return, cam escapes out of a Sharpshooter attempt and rolls to the floor. He sees Kidd charging at him with the apron run kick but grabs the boot and drops him onto the apron. That allows him to take over working the mid-section. Kidd bumps and sells a ton for him which in return makes Cam's look so much better, Kidd has a fire comeback but McGillicutty runs out to distract Kidd, and Camacho hits a DDT to win. **3/4

God dammit, Matt Striker is with Justin Gabriel. He welcomes him back after an elbow injury. Justin says he went home to South Africa and looked for ways to make a statement in this company. One way is to be a champion. Matt sats next week he's in a match with Heath Slater, Justin says they go way back but it's time for him to make a statement. Heath comes in and calls him failer. While he's on RAW week after week, embarrassing legends. IM THE ONE MAN BANG BABY!

Aiden English vs. Bray Wyatt
Bray comes out saying you people don't understand me, but in due time you will and will know exactly what I'm capable of. But until then I am the angel in the dirt. I'm Bray Wyatt, pleased to meet you. AWESOME Squash, he beats the shit out of him in and out of the ring, laughing and enjoying himself showing so much promise. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEN! He hits the sister Abigail (not named that yet) for the win.

Briley Pierce interviews Richie Steamboat, but Leo Kruger comes over. He says he's proven he's better than Richie and is the prince of NXT, and he shoves him. They have to be pulled apart shit looks softer than babyshit.

Raquel Diaz "Exfoliating Ugliness Tour"

The Uso's vs. The Prime Time Playz
Uso's start off hot with flashy double teams and using quickness until they target Jey's knee. This is really good stuff, it's like classic WCW Saturday Night stuff nothing feels wasted and everyone plays a part. Jimmy's hot tag wasn't the best and kinda let the match down the match breaks down and PTP hit the Decapitation for the win. **1/2

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Tyson Kidd in NXT :banderas:

It gets so much better

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT Episode 5
July 18th, 2012

Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn
Decent, it's mostly a Tamina showcase. Kaitlyn trying to play heel was something, it wasn't all bad but she's not good at leading. Tamina wins with the Superfly Splash.

BIG E LANGSTON! THE BIG END IS COMING! "When your time comes take your beating like a man"

Jinder Mahal vs. Percy Watson
Regal goes above and beyond to put over both guys, poor guy. This is one of those developmental matches everything is really basic and nothing sticks out. You can tell they've gone over everything countless times and maybe practiced it. Jinder wins with the Camel Clutch. After the match; Jinder applies the hold again for all of 3 seconds before breaking and leaving. *3/4

Richie Steamboat vs. Leo Kruger
Another one of those practice matches, Regal rules on commentary as he keeps giving advice in hopes if the kids watch it back they will pick something up, so of course Saxton cuts him off to talk about other shit. Leo uses the ring as like a partner and to do extra damage was cool and so was Richie's selling. Bu his comeback was kinda a letdown, Leo rolls through on the crossbody and puts his feet on the ropes for the win. **

Raquel Diaz gets the promo entrance, she runs down the other divas and just screams "Beautiful People" adjace

Raquel Diaz vs. Paige

Diaz showcase, not good, Paige doesn't do much either before Diaz hits the Gory Bomb for the win lolz

MOTHERFUCKER Alex Riley is walking when he asks Akana where catering is, she grabs his hand and says she can take him if he wants. He refuses, so Cesaro comes over. He yells what's going on and she plays off like he was hitting on her. Cesaro says he turned his back for one second and he's already hitting on his woman. HOW AMERICAN! Riley says Riley rule number #6 never trust a woman, especially in this business. Antonio rule number #56 hit on my woman and I'll kick your teeth down your throat. Riley challenges him to a match next week.

Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel
Mat wrestling to start, which wasn't as bad, Justin guides Heath through it and that isn't one of Justin's strengths. He then tries a springboard but Heath shoves him and Justin takes a great bump to the floor. Heath targets the neck with headlocks and chinlocks. He half ass sells the neck during the comeback, as they go back and forth with near falls Heath's moves targeting the next was good and way better than his heat segment. He places Justin up top but gets shoved down and Justin hits AJ's moonsault into the reverse DDT for the win. **1/2

0y1W3x1.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT Episode 6
July 25th, 2012

Derrick Bateman & Bo Dallas vs. Johnny Curtis & Michael McGillicutty
Basically here so Regal can put BO over as the face of the company, heels isolate Bo they target the neck :lmao at Regal comparing Curtis and McGilly to the Andersons after 3 minutes of isolation. Bateman's hot tag is decent, he hits a spinning neckbreaker as the match breaks down. Then behind the refs back Curtis hits the end of heartache for the win. **

Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana) vs. Alex Riley
Cesaro showcase, ARiley contributes nothing as usual, can Cena just fuckover this loser so I can never see him again until he pops up to add nothing to commentary for a while. Cesaro hits the Neutralizer for the win.

Backstage: Briley interviews Kassius Ohno, Ohno says there are some athletic guys here, but something's missing. The element of danger, which is what he brings. He inflicts pain when you see me flying at ya you better get out of the way if I have a move on ya you better get to the ropes before something snaps. And if you see me swinging for ya you better duck. Kassius OhNo is the most dangerous man in sports entertainment, and he's here in NXT to do what he does best inflict pain and enjoy it. My name is Kassius, and I hurts people.

Backstage: Matt Striker is with Drew McIntyre, he says he used to be the chosen one, but now people feel his time has passed and now Seth Rollins is the future. Drew says everyone keeps talking, even he does it. Tonight the talking ends.

Natalya vs. Sofia Cortez
Nattie runs through all her offense before Sofia makes a comeback, so Nattie leaves the ring and gets counted out. Okay then. As Sofia tries to leave Nattie jumps her and applies the Sharpshooter.

RAW 1000 Recap.

The Ascension vs. Garrett Dylan & Dante Dash
SQUASH!

BE A STAR!

BIG E LANGSTON! NEXT WEEK! "I don't train to fight, I train to beat you down" "Time is money, and I don't get paid per the hour"

Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre
The chosen one theme is so money. Really good stuff here, Seth uses quickness and high flying to avoid Drew's clubbing wear down style. He hits a dive as we go to break, but when we return Drew is in control after reverse catapulting Seth into the match. He targets the ribs and guy of Seth who shockingly sells it, they do a random kip up for some reason which leads to Seth's comeback, superkick gets two. He goes for the Phonix Splash but Drew rolls out of the way and boots Seth in the face, before hitting the future shock DDT for the win. **1/2

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Might have to go back and watch that Rollins/McIntrye match. Even in 2012 it should be great