Was it the right decision?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Alberto Del Rio was over as a face, one of the few superstars nowadays in the WWE who are better as a face than as a heel imo.
Now don't get me wrong, I liked the way they made the double turn at Payback, but lets just forget about Ziggler for a minute and focus on Del Rio...
Was it the right call to turn him despite him being so over as a face?

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
He was not that over at all. Half the time the only reason he got a reaction was because of Ricardo at the beginning of his entrance, and this is coming from a big ADR fan. He is a much better heel, and I for one am glad they turned him when they did.

Reactions: Crayo and Ovaldinho

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
He was not that over at all. Half the time the only reason he got a reaction was because of Ricardo at the beginning of his entrance, and this is coming from a big ADR fan. He is a much better heel, and I for one am glad they turned him when they did.

He was so successful as a face , and many reports said that they were please at the way his turn was going and that was even why they gave him the World title at the end of last year.
They booked him strong as a face, he won 2 Last Man Standing matches against Big Show was had a big push at the time, and he won at Wrestlemania against Jack Swagger who was also getting pushed.

I was so surprised when he started acting as a heel at the PPV and then followed it up by the official turn on RAW.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He was getting pops early on but they seemingly disappeared whilst the ZigZagTrain was going strong, I can't hate on it as ADR got some reaction last night and they stopped fighting DZ as a face.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Alberto was dull as a face. His look and persona work much better as a heel. While some might not catch Alberto entertaining at all, he was just dull to me as a face with the same ole same ole stuff. With this heel turn at least we get something that pertains better to his persona and he looked hella brutal against Ziggler with those kicks to the head. It might not be a huge improvement, but I see him better as a heel then a face.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph is in la la land when it comes to ADR being over. Si chants were so rare and Ricardo were to thank for those. ADR has currently bummed as a face and a heel in terms of reactions. Let's hope feuding with someone over like Dolph (we think) will help him. I'm already bored of another ADR reign though, but I'm not an avid fan of his tbh.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
You damn right it was the right decision. Not just the double turn, but going into Payback there was a recent trend in WWE PPV's.

Going into Payback we knew we were going to get good wrestling, but judging from recent PPV events I don't think many of us seriously expected much more than that. We were throwing around theories that "Oooh, Jericho's going to be a Paul Heyman guy now!" or "Hey, don't miss Orton finally turning heel", but none of us would be surprised if this PPV didn't give us any real interesting content. ESPECIALLY the Ziggler/Del Rio match. Going into it we all thought "Ho, hum, we'll get some damn good wrestling, then a fluke Ziggler win that nobody will care about" before getting back to fapping over Punk's return.

There's something to be said for unpredictability, I'll be looking forward to a WWE PPV a lot more knowing that something could come out and surprise us, especially after that didn't happen at all last year. Ziggler lost the title reign nobody cared about but gained a lot of fan support from the great storytelling, and for the first time ever ADR is getting something resembling a reaction (although I'll still mock him for fun). I'm skeptical as to whether or not it'll work in the long run but at least for now these two characters came out smelling like a rose.

Reactions: Farooq

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says. Del Rio got fine reactions as a face. Si chants all day. I HEARD THEM DAMMIT. THEY ARE REAL TO ME.

Reactions: Crayo