Was Connor the Crusher a work?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What was WWE's intention?

• To promote the company?

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • To show compassion and kindness to Connor Michalek and raise awareness of childhood diseases

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Both

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think people like to paint a picture of WWE being a really immoral company. I don't know if that is the case. Can think of way worse companies. WWE seems pretty innocent in comparison. They probably do more good then bad

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think people like to paint a picture of WWE being a really immoral company. I don't know if that is the case. Can think of way worse companies. WWE seems pretty innocent in comparison. They probably do more good then bad
Even if their motives here are to make themselves look better in the public eye, we at least know people are getting something from the sincere wrestlers. Daniel Bryan clearly meant what he did even if the higher ups didn't care about it as much.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

WWE is definitely not immoral. Yeah, it's run by a bunch of rich people who have little understanding of what it is to be poor or suffering, but that doesn't matter. The people in this company put aside a lot of free time to do good things. They are going to be the number 1 wrestling company in the world. They don't need the PR for this to get a leg up on others. I think at the heart, they do it because they care.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
All these PR stuff WWE do, never seems insincere. I don't really see where this interpretation comes from. Kinda feels like it's just people trying to bash the big powerful WWE

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Can’t wait for Conner to make a surprise return at Mania 40 to the ultimate pop as he confronts Nicholas!

All these PR stuff WWE do, never seems insincere. I don't really see where this interpretation comes from. Kinda feels like it's just people trying to bash the big powerful WWE
God forbid a company does anything PR related. It takes a real cynic to look at something like the Conner video and think “They don’t care about the boy, this is just PR.”

I seear y’all pick reasons to dog WWE out of thin air.

Giggityfish80

The Showoff
Reaction score
Case in point.

997414ad57152001cac7bf61042894cdc68b619c_hq.jpg

Not to nitpick but Steph didn't technically type that, i think it's a quote she's posting. Not that it makes a difference to it being a dumb thing to bring up

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Well the kid seemed happy to do it either way, so I don't think it matters much in the end. I never really understood the outrage over companies using charity for their public image.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
WWE has been one of the biggest contributors to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.. Do they feature some of the MAW kids on TV every once in a while? Of course! You know how big of a thrill the kids got knowing they were on TV?

WHO THE FUCK CARES IF THE WWE BENEFITS FROM DOING GOOD FOR OTHERS??!!

The fact is the good was done and the lives of those touched were made better because of it, so fuck what anyone else thinks about it.

There was and still is a debate about the trend of videos on Youtube of people helping the homeless or randomly buying a person's groceries, giving the waiter/waitress a huge tip, or whatever other blessing a person is handing out and filming then posting.... now imagine how many people who needed help were helped because this became a trend for a little bit.. I don't give a fuck how much money those people made from likes and views.. I only care that they made those people's days.. they put a smile on those people's faces.. they made a difference..

If you have to look for the negative in everything then GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND WAKE UP.. go do what these people did and buy someone something and watch the smile on their face and how warm it makes you feel.. how awesome the feeling is... I know because without filming it and posting it I do it all the time.

If there was more of this in the world and less bitching about people doing good, no matter the motive, then the world would be a better place.

FUCKING ASSHOLES!

Fin

Reactions: Ginothony Bamtano

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
WWE has been one of the biggest contributors to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.. Do they feature some of the MAW kids on TV every once in a while? Of course! You know how big of a thrill the kids got knowing they were on TV?

WHO THE FUCK CARES IF THE WWE BENEFITS FROM DOING GOOD FOR OTHERS??!!

The fact is the good was done and the lives of those touched were made better because of it, so fuck what anyone else thinks about it.

There was and still is a debate about the trend of videos on Youtube of people helping the homeless or randomly buying a person's groceries, giving the waiter/waitress a huge tip, or whatever other blessing a person is handing out and filming then posting.... now imagine how many people who needed help were helped because this became a trend for a little bit.. I don't give a fuck how much money those people made from likes and views.. I only care that they made those people's days.. they put a smile on those people's faces.. they made a difference..

If you have to look for the negative in everything then GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND WAKE UP.. go do what these people did and buy someone something and watch the smile on their face and how warm it makes you feel.. how awesome the feeling is... I know because without filming it and posting it I do it all the time.

If there was more of this in the world and less bitching about people doing good, no matter the motive, then the world would be a better place.

FUCKING ASSHOLES!

Fin
Dude, it is just a discussion, chill out.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think the best answer to the question of this thread is no. Connor Michalek was given a chance to go out with dignity. I found the way they let him get the better of the adults in the ring very touching and the reactions to him betrayed no ill intent. He deserved a shred of joy before leaving us and WWE gave it to him.