Vladamir Kozlov= The Next Umaga???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

The problem with WWE and their monsters is that they build them up great...shear destruction and domination, but they never pull the trigger properly.

Kane? Lost his DEBUT match and every single inferno match he ever took place in (which was supposed to be his specialty???!) Held the WWE title for a day. Went on to years for holding tag gold with odd couple partners. Unmasked...held the ECW title in a completely pointless run...boo.

Okay, Big Show was dominant for quite some time...but now he's just too old and too slow with too big of a paycheck.

Khali was never relevant, and only held the title because they had nothing to do with it at the moment. He was soon enough reduced into a comedy act and floating around squeezing people's faces.

Umaga had an AMAZING build up, beating Ric Flair in his debut I believe. And to anyone who said Umaga is slow....who the fuck have you been watching? Umaga has the potential to be really great...with some modification on his character. Is he better than Kozlov for this push though? Definately not. Umaga has already been tainted. Every time he came near the main event he was always beaten. Cena, Lashley, Batista, HHH....JEFF FUCKING HARDY. Upon his return they really need to give him back his credability as a monster and perhaps even the mic and reveal that yes...he can speak english. He and Manu would honestly make a pretty sick team too.

Anyway...Kozlov. Yeah, he's definately the guy for the push right now. I really like his gimmick and he's the kind of guy who does have the potential to break out of the monster mold. I'de love to see him take the title off HHH since his run has been such a horrific fuckin mess. Maybe a program with Kozlov would really be great for the both of them.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Lol, just lol. Kozlov gains more heat than Umaga? Umaga was already on the level in which he's so good and popular as a heel, he even gets cheers from the audience. Kozlov gets out a Hardy chant or a HHH chant, but that's because of who's he beating, not because people are actually booing him.
I was afraid somebody was gonna say that too, how the fuck can a wrestler be a REAL heel when he's cheered by the crowd? To me that's being a tweener with a passion, Kozlov has the ability to be a dominant HEEL in WWE just by saying he's better than everybody. Umaga gets cheered by the fans because he doesn't talk on the mic and goes around beating wrestlers up with no purpose all because he doesn't have a manager which means people are gonna like him anyways.

Ok I was going to wait untill after SmackDown to comment but some of the comments made so far are driving me insane. First things first. Vladimir Kozlov and Umaga should not even be mentioned together in the same sentence. They have nothing in common whatsoever. Here are the reasons why:

1. Umaga is a beast theres no denying that, but he is careless and crazy and not as fast as Kozlov

2. Kozlov is a trained fighting assassin. Sambo, kickboxing, judo, and mixed martial arts. Can Umaga/Kahli/Fill In The blank Monster heel claim to have those same credentials? The answer is NO.

3. Kozlov stands undefeated.

4. Kozlov has no known vulnerabilities. We can look at Kahli and Umaga and Big Show and see that they are all slow moving. This does not apply to Kozlov. He's as fast as he is strong

5. Most important than any of this however is that NO ONE knows anything about Kozlov. When preparing for matches it's customary to review video footage. Well I'm sorry but watching endless hours of him squashing jobbers won't tell you anything. This is the reason the main eventers are scared shitless of this guy. They don't know how to prepare for him. He can't get competition because none of the main eventers want to bruise their oversized egos

Umaga's a way better wrestler than Vladimir Kozlov.
see my opening statement. I give you 5 reasons why he's not

Kozlov is just so boring to me, any time you have someone that kills jobbers for about 2 months straight, there's nothing interesting about it.
Not Kozlov's fault. He's made it perfectly clear he want's competition. Rather than laughing at his broken English, perhaps they should have accepted his challenge. Now it's too late. Kozlov already has Triple H in his cross-hairs

he'll quickly be replaced by some other big guy once his hype dies down.
WHO?! Who Can take on this guy? Big Show??....Can he get out of the rocking chair long enough??

I like Koslov, but we have seen this SOOOOOO many times it is not funny. Umaga is the only monster needed on Smackdown,

Again...see my opening statement

Chucking Koslov into the Main Event was a terrible let me repeat TERRIBLE idea on creatives part.

Creative doesn't tell Kozlov anything. Kozlov does what he wants to do. He goes where he wants to go. He fights who he wants to fight. There seems to be this foolish assumption that Kozlov answers to a booker or some higher authority. Kozlov is a mans man. For someone like there is no order. While the rest of WWE Day-Care is kissing up to the boss and creative.... Kozlov is telling Creative to shove their "storylines" up their asses

Now onto more serious issues...

I look around and I see a lot of Triple H butt-boys trying their hardest to protect the good name of their beloved champion. I notice the way in which the try to downplay the threat of Vladimir Kozlov. The fact that it took this long to make a post about Kozlov is proof that Triple H...along with his faithful followers knew the threat of Kozlov existed ....but they chose to ignore it, downplay it, ridicule it, call it a useless push...do anything but FACE IT! I didn't want to be the one to have to say this but I think Kozlov was sent here specifically to take out the Game possibly for good. There has been speculation in other threads about the next superstar to retire HBK?? Tista??? Taker??? Did it ever occurr to anyone that it might be Triple H himself...looking for a way out. Look! We've already seen Big Show turn heel to avoid Kozlov's wrath. We've seen
Kozlov legitimately break Domino's rib cage. and now, as the video below shows, we see him last week target the world champion and completely lay him out! That takes some balls and I don't see any other heel doing this
What I see last week was the look of FEAR upon the face of the Game.. even though all the butt-boys will deny it...Take it from someone who has been watching him wrestle from the beginning, that's what it was. FEAR! It was a look of FEAR mixed with uncertainty. Surely Triple H had seen Kozlov in the lockerroom and was aware of his abilities but never in his wildest fears did he ever think Kozlov would target HIM. Triple H. I mean after all He is the MAN! Right? That's what all the fans tell him right? That's
what his massive oversized ego leads everyone to believe. The truth is this. While Triple H was going around insulting all the mid-carders he could find and letting them know he was the king, someone else was watching him from the shadows and taking notes. So go ahead WWE and take down all the videos and images you can find that portray Triple H in a defenseless position. Go ahead and protect your Champion Triple H any way you can. The question I have is....Who's gonna protect Triple H from VLADIMIR KOZLOV?!?!

CO-MOTHER FUCKING SIGN with Haight, finally somebody agrees with me on this thread. :poster_hearye: :poster_hearye: :poster_hearye:

noumenon

Yeah BTW...Haight I didn't comment on the brilliance of that post...lmao...awesome.

Kaedon

Reaction score
who would have thoguht so much good debate would come up about Vlad the Impailer?

Short answer to the thread, no.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Ok I was going to wait untill after SmackDown to comment but some of the comments made so far are driving me insane. First things first. Vladimir Kozlov and Umaga should not even be mentioned together in the same sentence. They have nothing in common whatsoever. Here are the reasons why:

1. Umaga is a beast theres no denying that, but he is careless and crazy and not as fast as Kozlov

2. Kozlov is a trained fighting assassin. Sambo, kickboxing, judo, and mixed martial arts. Can Umaga/Kahli/Fill In The blank Monster heel claim to have those same credentials? The answer is NO.

3. Kozlov stands undefeated.

4. Kozlov has no known vulnerabilities. We can look at Kahli and Umaga and Big Show and see that they are all slow moving. This does not apply to Kozlov. He's as fast as he is strong

5. Most important than any of this however is that NO ONE knows anything about Kozlov. When preparing for matches it's customary to review video footage. Well I'm sorry but watching endless hours of him squashing jobbers won't tell you anything. This is the reason the main eventers are scared shitless of this guy. They don't know how to prepare for him. He can't get competition because none of the main eventers want to bruise their oversized egos

Umaga's a way better wrestler than Vladimir Kozlov.
see my opening statement. I give you 5 reasons why he's not

Kozlov is just so boring to me, any time you have someone that kills jobbers for about 2 months straight, there's nothing interesting about it.
Not Kozlov's fault. He's made it perfectly clear he want's competition. Rather than laughing at his broken English, perhaps they should have accepted his challenge. Now it's too late. Kozlov already has Triple H in his cross-hairs

he'll quickly be replaced by some other big guy once his hype dies down.
WHO?! Who Can take on this guy? Big Show??....Can he get out of the rocking chair long enough??

I like Koslov, but we have seen this SOOOOOO many times it is not funny. Umaga is the only monster needed on Smackdown,

Again...see my opening statement

Chucking Koslov into the Main Event was a terrible let me repeat TERRIBLE idea on creatives part.

Creative doesn't tell Kozlov anything. Kozlov does what he wants to do. He goes where he wants to go. He fights who he wants to fight. There seems to be this foolish assumption that Kozlov answers to a booker or some higher authority. Kozlov is a mans man. For someone like there is no order. While the rest of WWE Day-Care is kissing up to the boss and creative.... Kozlov is telling Creative to shove their "storylines" up their asses

Now onto more serious issues...

I look around and I see a lot of Triple H butt-boys trying their hardest to protect the good name of their beloved champion. I notice the way in which the try to downplay the threat of Vladimir Kozlov. The fact that it took this long to make a post about Kozlov is proof that Triple H...along with his faithful followers knew the threat of Kozlov existed ....but they chose to ignore it, downplay it, ridicule it, call it a useless push...do anything but FACE IT! I didn't want to be the one to have to say this but I think Kozlov was sent here specifically to take out the Game possibly for good. There has been speculation in other threads about the next superstar to retire HBK?? Tista??? Taker??? Did it ever occurr to anyone that it might be Triple H himself...looking for a way out. Look! We've already seen Big Show turn heel to avoid Kozlov's wrath. We've seen
Kozlov legitimately break Domino's rib cage. and now, as the video below shows, we see him last week target the world champion and completely lay him out! That takes some balls and I don't see any other heel doing this
What I see last week was the look of FEAR upon the face of the Game.. even though all the butt-boys will deny it...Take it from someone who has been watching him wrestle from the beginning, that's what it was. FEAR! It was a look of FEAR mixed with uncertainty. Surely Triple H had seen Kozlov in the lockerroom and was aware of his abilities but never in his wildest fears did he ever think Kozlov would target HIM. Triple H. I mean after all He is the MAN! Right? That's what all the fans tell him right? That's
what his massive oversized ego leads everyone to believe. The truth is this. While Triple H was going around insulting all the mid-carders he could find and letting them know he was the king, someone else was watching him from the shadows and taking notes. So go ahead WWE and take down all the videos and images you can find that portray Triple H in a defenseless position. Go ahead and protect your Champion Triple H any way you can. The question I have is....Who's gonna protect Triple H from VLADIMIR KOZLOV?!?!

AWSOME just awsome LMAO think it should be kayfabe tho :laugh:

The Rated R CMStar

I was afraid somebody was gonna say that too, how the fuck can a wrestler be a REAL heel when he's cheered by the crowd? To me that's being a tweener with a passion, Kozlov has the ability to be a dominant HEEL in WWE just by saying he's better than everybody. Umaga gets cheered by the fans because he doesn't talk on the mic and goes around beating wrestlers up with no purpose all because he doesn't have a manager which means people are gonna like him anyways.

Valid argument years ago. Now, heels get bigger cheers than faces.

Or what, Edge got cheered and got chants during HIAC at SS. Isn't the the top heel of the industry? He got cheered in MSG and turn Rey Rey into a heel.

Orton? The same, he gets cheered.

HHH in heel run? Watch WM22.

Kurt Angle in WWE? Watch any old WWE event.

In this era, like Raven said in a blog of his, people likes to cheer to heels because they are cool...or because it's cool to do so. By your logic, in which heels get only boos, Khali must be the greatest heel, as heat is the only thing he gets, and in a massive way.

Like I said, Kozlov isn't over by himself. People react to Hardy being knocked out, not to Kozlov attacking him, if you understand what I am saying. You put Edge against Funaki, and Edge gets booed like crazy, people even get behind Funaki. You put Kozlov against Funaki? You get boring shants.

Oh, and to those saying how Umaga is slower than Kozlov, call me when Kozlov pulls out a Spinning Heel Kick or sells a clothesline with a 360 flip.

noumenon

I will say that Umaga is probably better in the ring and just overall seems more "devastating" in his delivery. However, Kozlov seems more likely to break out of the silent monster role. We haven't seen him say much on the mic except "I LAFF ZE DUBBAH DUBBAH E" and "I VANT COM-POOH-TEE-SHOON"... So it's yet to be seen how is mic skills will serve him. I personally like him a lot. The problem with these monsters though is that you really can't have them grab a mid-card title first. That leads to the problem of how they are going to drop the title...it kills their momentum...and they don't seem like a monster going into the main event. Really shitty double edge sword that few guys of this style gimmick have really been able to make it around.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Oh, and to those saying how Umaga is slower than Kozlov, call me when Kozlov pulls out a Spinning Heel Kick or sells a clothesline with a 360 flip.
Hit me up when Umaga can LEGITAMATELY breaks a human's ribcage with his head.
Also ACTUALLY hit me up when Umaga touches a microphone which MIGHT not ever happen.
And finally HIT ME UP when Umaga learns the fighting skills that Kozlov has obtained such as judo, boxing, etc.

Kozlov>Umaga...Period

noumenon

Chill....
I'm still waiting on my phone call for when Khali gets in the HOF.:whatsthat:

The Rated R CMStar

Hit me up when Umaga can LEGITAMATELY breaks a human's ribcage with his head.

That makes Kozlov a bad wrestler, as WWE, if you didn't know, is a fake sport, therefore your opponent shouldn't get harmed

Also ACTUALLY hit me up when Umaga touches a microphone which MIGHT not ever happen.

3 Minute Warning?

Also, why Umaga would talk?

Third, do you think that it is Umaga's fault that he doesn't speak? It's fault of something called CREATIVE.

And finally HIT ME UP when Umaga learns the fighting skills that Kozlov has obtained such as judo, boxing, etc.

Again, this is a fake sport. Good for Kozlov, he knows judo. How is that going to help him, besides adding some moves into his moveset, in WWE wrestling? Hey, HBK is the best performer in the WWE, I didn't know he was an expert in any martial arts.

Moonlight Drive

Lil C, that was the stupidest post I've ever read.

Breaking someone's rib cage is actually not an achievement you should use as an argument, it is bad. That means big Vlad was working too stiffly and injured another wrestler, something you shouldn't promote if you are on the side that Koslov > Umaga.

So you're saying Goldberg injuring Bret Hart should be something we bring up when we are arguing for Big Bill?

Beer Money Army

i don't see Kozlov as umaga.....

Kozlov is more a orient type character of a Nikita Koloff or Ludvig Borga, Just minus the big anti-american persona to it and add a Brock lesnar persona to it...

at the end you have Kozlov.....

Austin_316

Reaction score
Kozlov will get his push by screwing Jeff at No Mercy then he will start feuding with him and eventually beat him to become the #1 contender. He will then somehow lose because of this faction between Vickie and Big Show. Then Edge will come back and Kozlov will be in the mix but won't get anywhere like Jeff.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Again, this is a fake sport. Good for Kozlov, he knows judo. How is that going to help him, besides adding some moves into his moveset, in WWE wrestling? Hey, HBK is the best performer in the WWE, I didn't know he was an expert in any martial arts.

1st i totally agree with everything you have said.
But im sure i read somewere(think it was his book) that HBK has done some sort of martial arts not sure what tho. It doesn't actually help him in anyway in the ring coz as you have said its a fake sport.

paRtyliKearOckstar

Reaction score
Generic Gimmick #114

I like Koslov, but we have seen this SOOOOOO many times it is not funny. Umaga is the only monster needed on Smackdown, more than one and it is an overload of stupidity. Chucking Koslov into the Main Event was a terrible let me repeat TERRIBLE idea on creatives part. When Umaga returns, where's there for him? Sitting on his arse doing nothing just like he did on RAW.

I couldn't disagree with this more. I hated the build with him with the jobbers, but right now, he is basically why I watch Smackdown!, because I love they way they are booking him, making him look strong, but keeping HHH's and Jeff Hardy's credibility. I do hope that they keep him doing something, and not do what they did to Umaga, as I also love Umaga. Maybe put them in a feud together. We have yet to see how he sells, but to me, he's a major asset on Smackdown!.