Vince vs trump...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

We all saw what happened with Trump tonight on Raw, becoming “owner†of Raw. Personally, I like it, but before we get to whether we like this storyline, or not, something else should be addressed… Should he be heel, or face?
The reason I ask is, a feud seems to be brewing between Vince and him. I doubt Vince will just go away now. I’m betting a feud will happen between the two, which will lead to a match at some point. If that’s the case, one will likely have to turn. Trump got booed at first, but was cheered following that. Vince was mixed, although cheered at first. Coming into this, Vince was the face, and while that was decent, he’s better as a heel, as long as it’s not the same old shit. So, with both face/tweener right now, who should be the heel, and who the face? I’m betting most will say Trump should be face, and Vince heel, and I agree.. I guess WWE just has to hope we forget Vince was a fan first nice guy about 2 months ago.

The Rated R CMStar

They don't have to forget it. They can just say turn Vince by saying he tried being the nice guy, but the WWE Universe prefered Trump over him.

Reaction score
I think Trump mainly got booed because everyone was expecting Ric Flair to step uo to the GM spot of Monday Night RAW. Lots of "We want Flair!" chants as Vince made his huge announcement. So I say make Vince McMahon the heel again, as Trump could go either way really.

Gotta give it up for Vince though... smart enough to bring in Trump again. The man seems to ooze ratings.

chessarmy

Its a ratings ploy, nothing other than that. In the long run this is going to suck, and I honestly would have rather seen Bischoff or Flair. It'll be entertaining for the first few weeks, but I guarantee you it will get old. Trump shouldn't be on a wrestling show, I don't care what anyone says

xtremebadass

If this is all leading up to Battle of the Billionaires II at WrestleMania XXVI, I might as well stop watching now. Battle of the Billionaires was by far the worst, non-interesting wrestling storyline in the history of WWE. Just because Donald Trump has money doesn't mean he can save Raw. Just because the ratings are up doesn't mean your product is great. All this does is get non-wrestling fans, fans of the Apprentice, to tune in and see what's going on. It sucks.

Reaction score
I just wanna be at a live event if Trump decides to drop another cool million from the rafters.

The Rated R CMStar

If this is all leading up to Battle of the Billionaires II at WrestleMania XXVI, I might as well stop watching now. Battle of the Billionaires was by far the worst, non-interesting wrestling storyline in the history of WWE. Just because Donald Trump has money doesn't mean he can save Raw. Just because the ratings are up doesn't mean your product is great. All this does is get non-wrestling fans, fans of the Apprentice, to tune in and see what's going on. It sucks.

WWE needs more fans, more viewers, and like you said, the man is ratings.

It'll be entertaining for the first few weeks, but I guarantee you it will get old. Trump shouldn't be on a wrestling show, I don't care what anyone says

Can you just give the angle some freaking time before bashing it? I remember the same thing going on with Adamle and then people didn't want him to leave.

MikeRaw

Its a ratings ploy, nothing other than that. In the long run this is going to suck, and I honestly would have rather seen Bischoff or Flair. It'll be entertaining for the first few weeks, but I guarantee you it will get old. Trump shouldn't be on a wrestling show, I don't care what anyone says

You didn't read the thread, did you?
CMS, your point about Adamle is spot on. I remember people hated it, yet now everyone says they should bring him back.

xtremebadass

I didn't hate Adamle, I thought the guy was GOD from day 1.

This is different, they tried Trump before, it sucked. They are trying the Trump Card again and 100 to 1 shot it will suck again. The guy shouldn't be associated with wrestling. Either Vince is desperate for ratings or Trump is desperate for...well...anything. Trump doesn't satisfy the WRESTLING fan. Sure the media might be buzzing and all that crap, but it's doing nothing for the common WRESTLING fan.

Commercial free my ass. I would rather have commercials than Donald Trump on WWE anyday.

Sorry, it's a touchy subject with me.

MikeRaw

^Did he rape you as a kid or something? I really don't get all the hate for him...

Reaction score
How did the past angle with Trump suck? Do you not even realize the media publicity WWE got for WrestleMania 23 by being associated with Donald Trump?

noumenon

It's an obvious attempt to increase ratings...just as everything else is.

However, I found the last Trump sighting in WWE to be pretty fuckin painful to watch. I can only hope they do this right. HOWEVER...do you really think Trump is going to be flying out weekly to attend RAW...I don't think so. We've pretty much got ourselves a "live via satellite" GM.

btman

Reaction score
How did the past angle with Trump suck? Do you not even realize the media publicity WWE got for WrestleMania 23 by being associated with Donald Trump?

Do we care about media publicity? No we care about the quality of the show. The angle sucked, don't argue it. Bobby Lashley vs Umaga was NOT Wrestlemania worthy. As for Raw Vince and Trump fighting every week seems pretty shitty to me. Or even worse Trump showing up via satellite every week to make matches happen...

Or Trump might actually show up every week on Raw to really pump into our brains that Trump owns Raw. The only way that would end good is if Orton punted him.

Wordlife

tbh it could bring in ratings, but honestly... who cares? Donald Trump is quite lame. It would've been funny if someone from Denver Nuggets organization came and raided Raw last night for retribution for the whole Raw vs NBA thing few weeks back...

I also think a commercial free Raw is going to be gay! Too many videos will be shown, not enough matches. Idk, it's a little sketchy to me too.

noumenon

They can't fill 2 hours of commercial broadcasting with shit worth watching, what they hell are they going to do without commercials?

Bishoff ftw