Vince McMahon Reportedly Gives up on Aleister Black

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think his character is very adaptable but it's more so for me what I have seen in the ring and I didn't watch him in NXT. I can see main eventer in him. Also, the Black Mass is one of the best finishers for this generation. With the right push he could easily challenge Drew and tear down the house. I want him to win the Rumble.

Reactions: Carter

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Lol I think his character is just that he doesn’t give a shit what anyone thinks and isn’t intimidated by anyone. He just comes out, kicks ass, and leaves. I can appreciate that. He’s also a damn good wrestler when he has to be. Of course his run in NXT was amazing and his run on the main roster hasn’t been yet. Based on his NXT run, I’ll be sad if he doesn’t go further than where he is now.

Ace

Reaction score
Biggest problem for Aleister was those bizarre wordy promos in the dark room. It just didn't work for the character.

The appeal of Black is ultimately going to be similar to the appeal of the 'Viper' Randy Orton gimmick - Intense, disturbed, a man of few words, and a kickass finisher that can win a match out of nowhere.

[I know Randy is actually a great promo but the general character style still stands]

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah in NXT he only spoke in certain moments. On Raw he was talking every damn week. It’s like they do the exact opposite of what’s right :no:

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I just don't get it. Aleister Black has it all as a wrestler. A cool character, good theme song, chilling entrance, wrestling skills and has lots of charisma. Vince doesn't see anything in him as a main eventer? Wow, they really need another main eventer since Seth will be gone soon to go be there for Becky. This company is clueless and this is heartbreaking as a Black fan.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What's really heartbreakin' is takin' a dirtsheet report like this seriously.

Reactions: Hoss and Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Any time someone isn’t giving a mega push and wins a world title within 4 months; Vince “has given up on him” and y’all talk about how he’s outta touch.

Black is not Shayna Baszler. She disappeared. He’s pretty much been on TV in some capacity every week.

Reactions: Hoss

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
He hasn't done enough unfortunately and there aren't enough spots at the top for people like him to fail to get over and then expect to continue to be pushed.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He hasn't done enough unfortunately and there aren't enough spots at the top for people like him to fail to get over and then expect to continue to be pushed.
Black was pretty hot when I went to the Raw after the Rumble. Even though he wrestled a squash, he got a great reception. To say he has even gotten a legit chance to be over like a top star thus far on the main roster is a pretty big stretch.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Any time someone isn’t giving a mega push and wins a world title within 4 months; Vince “has given up on him” and y’all talk about how he’s outta touch.

Black is not Shayna Baszler. She disappeared. He’s pretty much been on TV in some capacity every week.

yeah maybe that just hasn’t happened yet. According to the article Vince just decided that he gave up on Aleister so expect his appearances to become fewer. I hope I’m wrong. Believe me.