Vince back on board, WWE sale coming soon / WWE funeral thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Vince getting bought out by his nearest competitor would have some delicious irony... but a monopoly is bad for fans and wrestlers.......

BUT THE MEMES MIGHT BE WORTH IT :garrett
Honestly. I’d pop if the announcement was made by the AEW or TK Twitter treating out a “WWE is All Elite” tweet :bosque

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Honestly... depending on how it'd be on the financial side... that way might be way more of a realistic scenario of how it could go, than most people would believe. I don't think having WWE, AEW and ROH under control would automatically lead to all three companies be ran the same way. Even a fantasy booking nerd like TK is probably not that blinded to throw away the possibility of having those three companies run with their own philosophies and style.

It'd all be a weighting issue. Meaning you have to find the right balance between each promotion running within their own realm and crossovers.

A monopoly, I'd say, would only be bad if it's again in the hands of Vince, at this point in time.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Honestly... depending on how it'd be on the financial side... that way might be way more of a realistic scenario of how it could go, than most people would believe. I don't think having WWE, AEW and ROH under control would automatically lead to all three companies be ran the same way. Even a fantasy booking nerd like TK is probably not that blinded to throw away the possibility of having those three companies run with their own philosophies and style.

It'd all be a weighting issue. Meaning you have to find the right balance between each promotion running within their own realm and crossovers.

A monopoly, I'd say, would only be bad if it's again in the hands of Vince, at this point in time.

The thing is though, it less people to work. Yeah TK ain't going to fire a bunch of people but they don't have another company to really say "Well I'll go here and they will pay me more". It's miles better than Vince being in charge of one for sure but a monopoly is always worse for wrestlers.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
The thing is though, it less people to work. Yeah TK ain't going to fire a bunch of people but they don't have another company to really say "Well I'll go here and they will pay me more". It's miles better than Vince being in charge of one for sure but a monopoly is always worse for wrestlers.
That's fair and all, but I also think that problem would be solved with Wrestlers simply being paid what they deserve with the type of contracts, which should've been the norm for 20 years at least by now.

Leveraging yourself to a better contract wouldn't be necessary, if that were the case... or even a viable option, if you already get, what you should get for how you draw, your place on the card, merch sales and all that. I know that this is a way deeper issue with way more paths and forks and there would always be issues and problems, but I do think it could work. Quite easily even. It's just, I think, loads of people just think the business will never change and a new monopoly would just bring the same problems there were 20 years ago.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I wouldn't mind TK buying WWE as long as Triple H is still in charge of creative. He hasn't even had a full year on the job, it really annoys me.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
I wouldn't mind TK buying WWE as long as Triple H is still in charge of creative. He hasn't even had a full year on the job, it really annoys me.
Yea... that's the biggest shame of it all, since it takes a lot of time to truly (and correctly) get those changes going. :(

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
no offense but Tony Khan can barely book his own company correctly at times. Adding another full talent roster would be disastrous.

Plus WWE buying WCW was low key one of the worst things to happen to pro wrestling. Why monopolize again?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
From this week's observer:

-Meltzer notes that both CNBC and Barron's reported on Shad Khan's possible interest in buying WWE. CNBC added its possible that he'd be one of the few ok with keeping Vince McMahon. A Khan purchase would require additional investors as part of a group.

-the Khan's and the Saudis are the only known parties who would take WWE private

-wall street analysts forecast a sale price of 7.4 to 8.2 billion, with WWE hoping for 8.5. Meltzer added that the acquisitions market has cooled off recently

-Nick Khan is quoted as saying it would be difficult to sell to one media company while having deals with another. for instance, they couldnt sell to netflix but still have deals with NBC/USA and Fox. based on this, a sale would need to be done before the next media rights deals.

-a Saudi purchase would bring a lot of PR heat, but Meltzer's points to the Saudis having bought Newcastle United and things being mostly business as usual since the purchase.

-Dave doesn't see antitrust issues stopping a purchase if the Khan's are involved based on lack of action at stopping WWE's purchase of WCW, UFC's buying up Strikeforce

-the lawsuit against WWE filed in Delaware claiming breach of fiduciary duty due to Vince coming back is unlikely to go anywhere unless the stock price tanks.

-apparently Stephanie and Vince don't work well together, Nick Khan has been acting as a go-between to keep things running smoothly between them. Khan also acts as go-between for Vince and Triple H.​
According to Dave Meltzer on the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, new details of the management of the company have been revealed. It was reported that Nick Khan is currently running the company.

● Based on those within WWE who have talked with Meltzer and other key reporters, Nick Khan is the man running the company in his role as sole CEO. He is right now making all the final decisions.

● Vince McMahon as Chairman is in an official capacity, only working on selling the company, and they are targeting doing it by the summer, although there is no guarantee it will be sold.

● Vince McMahon’s role would also include being part of the negotiations and making the final decision on the next media rights deals, which would be up at the end of September of 2024.

● For now, McMahon has not been to the office nor at television. The fear in some places that McMahon will maneuver himself back to running the company or heading creative, and be in charge of hiring and firing is not the case today. That doesn’t mean things won’t change.​

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
no offense but Tony Khan can barely book his own company correctly at times. Adding another full talent roster would be disastrous.

Plus WWE buying WCW was low key one of the worst things to happen to pro wrestling. Why monopolize again?
agree with most of this, but what if in this fantasy scenario he just let trips book WWE anyways? Probably the only scenario where it would be work. But I still think it would be bad for the wrestlers and contracts. also prob would still lead to boring booking from both companies. competition makes people less complacent

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
agree with most of this, but what if in this fantasy scenario he just let trips book WWE anyways? Probably the only scenario where it would be work. But I still think it would be bad for the wrestlers and contracts. also prob would still lead to boring booking from both companies. competition makes people less complacent

And you can't really manufacture competition, Vince tried real hard with the first brand split to the extent that he was pitting people against each other in real life and it still didn't work lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And you can't really manufacture competition, Vince tried real hard with the first brand split to the extent that he was pitting people against each other in real life and it still didn't work lol
exactly. raw vs smackdown was never believable except that one time Becky got potatod and that shit was an accident lmao

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Monopoly is cool.