Vietnam police seize 53 king cobras from car

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Fox News said:
HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — Vietnamese police say they have seized 53 king cobras from a car in Hanoi and arrested the driver.

Officer Dang Van Hanh said Monday the live snakes were taken to a wildlife rescue center near the capital where they treated before being released into the wild.

King cobras are the world's longest venomous snake, and grow up to 5.5 meters (18) feet.

The meat of the king cobras is considered a delicacy by some in Vietnam, where hunting and trading the snakes is banned. The snakes are also sometimes preserved in traditional medicines.

The snakes, which were kept in green sacks, were seized Friday.

Hanh said the car driver told officers he was paid to transport them. Local media reported he was paid under $50.
Holy crap, I knew that money was tight in Vietnam but he wasn't even getting a dollar a snake! Also, I have to admit I now have a hankering to try cobra meat.