• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Video game facts, for you.

the_hoff

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Hello hello, fine people of the WWEF. The Hoff here, with another useless thread, as Zach would say, and also some interesting facts. Facts you say? What kind of facts Hoff? Video Game Facts, jack. Soooo, here we go!
1* The first video game ever created was "Tennis for Two", developed in 1958
2* The Sims game was originally designed as an architecture game.
3* Super Mario has appeared in over 120 games. :damn:
4* Half-Life's first character was called "Ivan the Space Biker"
5* Creepers (Minecraft) were based on a failed pig model.

Well there ya go, now you can never say I never did anything for you, my Hoffaholics.
Btw, Hoff wasn't entirely sure where to put this? Was it destined for the video games section? Or the locker room, because it's an off topic thread? So, the Hoff apologizes to you, the authority. :bury:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
120 mario games Dafaq :shock: I just knew kind of 5 Super Mario games :win:
Not just Mario games, he shows up in other games as well. One example is in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. If you go to the area where Zelda is, when the Master Sword has not been pulled out, look into the windows. You'll see portraits of video game characters outside of the Zelda storyline, one of them is Mario.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Reaction score
Read about Desert Bus the most gruelling video game ever.

http://m.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/07/the-worst-video-game-ever-created.html

Short version you have to drive a bus in real time from Tucson to Vegas an 8 hour journey in real time you cant sleep as the bus lists to the right so you have to steer. No scenary etc each jouney gives you one point. Bonkers but become a cult classic.
Can't imagine getting 100 points on that. I wonder how it feels to.....in fact, I don't wanna know how it feels to play that game.... :mog:

Reactions: Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Can't imagine getting 100 points on that. I wonder how it feels to.....in fact, I don't wanna know how it feels to play that game.... :mog:
Crazy stuff. It would be mind numbing. I imagine its a strange sense of achievement though. Or worse getting like 7 hours in and falling asleep and having to start again.

Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Reaction score
Crazy stuff. It would be mind numbing. I imagine its a strange sense of achievement though. Or worse getting like 7 hours in and falling asleep and having to start again.
*7 hours and 59 minutes in*
Oh boy Los Vegas here I co--
*power goes out*

Farooq

Reaction score
I would just lol to fight an Arwing in Zelda, and for it to be explained. *le Arwing appears* *asks Navi to explain it* Navi: .....*flys away*

Is it the placeholder for the dragon boss though for the Fire Temple? It does fly around and dive into the ground, so I wouldn't see any other boss being it.

Farooq

Reaction score
Actually read about it. They used the movements for the Arwing for the boss, which is why the Arwing is accessible in the game due to coding or whatnot.