Velvet Sky gone from TNA, WWE bound?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
Velvet Sky confirmed her release on Twitter, thanking the company and Vince Russo:

"I have been granted my release by TNA at this time. It's what's best for me right now and I wanted to thank TNA and all the fans for their constant support in me. Stay tuned though..And I also want to thank Vince Russo for creating and believing in the team of The Beautiful People. We had a great run!"

I'm not going to put too much effort into this but it is a big blow to TNA. Velvet is the face of their knockout division and one if not their most popular knockout. Velvet is pretty fucking horrid in the ring but how many females can wrestle? Oh well, she has pretty much done everything possible besides a lengthy run as knockout champion and she is pissed about Love being released. Brooke Tess should be a good replacement but right now, it's a major blow when their knockout roster is so limited.

Two other things to mention, willing to bet Sabin is following and unless the BP reunites and works with Layla, I don't really care for seeing her elsewhere.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If Sabin bails, I hope it's as a team... MCMG would be awesome elsewhere.

...god...

Reaction score
TBP in WWE.. holy shit! I might actually be interested in divas segments.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Sabin's got an almost certain main event push upon his return, no way he'd join Shelley in WWE to either be apart of a dead tag division, or get jobbed out like it was 2008 like Shelley will be if he gets signed.

If I ranked the women's wrestlers on TV, Velvet would be the 2nd worst. (Eve's the worst.) and probably 3rd or 4th least attractive (Eve, ODB, Naomi, Claire Lynch come to mind...) Velvet just needs to go do whatever Lacey Von Erich did. Far away from the public eye.

Reaction score
Isn't Lacey Von Erich doing that softcore "apartment wrestling" pay per match shit now?

With so many Divas either quitting or going on hiatus recently it might be a good idea to freshen things up. Although I don't want Velvet and Angelina to rehash the Beautiful People simply because it would be PG sanitized and some dipshit hollywood writer would fuck it up. Plus it's pretty much the Cody Rhodes Dashing/Bagger gimmick and the LayCool Flawless gimmick. I'd rather see Velvet and/or Angelina (or any female wrestler for that matter) come in to WWE with something more depth than just bitchy good looking diva or smiling good looking diva.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^very interesting.

I just know that WWE has been a lot of effort into rebuilding their divas division and I'm all for it. Signing Del Ray and having more women's matches on FCW and NXT. It's a shame Kharma is taking a break but she'll be back soon enough. It seems as if slowly, WWE is waning out the girls who are just hot and can't wrestle and bringing in more women of substance.

Also, I WANT MORE CELESTE BONIN ON MY TV DAMMIT! >=[

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
It was a mutual thing I think. By my knowledge the door is open for her when she's ready.

Reaction score
Sabin's got an almost certain main event push upon his return, no way he'd join Shelley in WWE to either be apart of a dead tag division, or get jobbed out like it was 2008 like Shelley will be if he gets signed.

Here's the thing though, and this isn't a TNA-WWE thing and anyone who tries to make it that...just don't, please...economically speaking jobbing every night for WWE pays better than being a top guy in TNA that never drew a nickel in WCW or WWE. At a certain point in life financials matter alot more than ego.