UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aniking

Reaction score
I knew this would happen. Everybody tends to show up when something's exciting and new, even picking up a second guy in the process, but once it settles down people slack off. I don't understand how some people can TT so much for weeks, then the next few weeks there's nothing.

Hopefully everybody can start regularly TTing again, and if that means dropping a second guy to do it then it should be done. Hate hearing that writers are growing frustrated with TTing, especially when they bust their asses to write such top shows each week.

As for me and EOR, not promising anything. I kept it private so Dresden's Dose thread didn't blow up into anything.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
As far as second characters... people tend to do it because it is available to them and that is where the mistake usually happens. Because not only are more characters tied up but they want it cause now they can play two of the guys they always wanted to. And it isn't until later on that they discover that it is harder than thought to keep up consistently with two characters. I mean playing two characters is definitely a privilege but it is also a vary daunting task that most can NOT keep up with. They either forget about their other character or they just completely slack and focus on the one while the other looks like complete crap to the point that they feel "tired" of it and want to keep changing it. Its like second characters can either be the life or the death of a fed. I've always been allowed to use second characters wherever I went but I tried not to do it too much unless I knew I could handle it for a long while. Like in UCW... everyone knew I had The Rock and Trish. But first I had Mordecai... then I changed that over to Pillman. Pillman was actually kinda successful with a title reign and a PPV main event match that I think I could have looked better in than the writer wrote but that's another complaint for another day.

So bottom line... I'd say if second characters are what is doing things in like they are... time to shed off the extra fat and keep the lean meat. If they can do both and do it well... allow them to keep them. Cause people are gonna sign up and be fired up at the beginning for the new but as soon as that new smell wears off... it collapses. So perhaps its time to start cutting off these second characters and the such. I've been on the strictly tt side and the strictly booking side writing matches and the such and to see a poor performance like 1-1 for a pay per view or especially for a title match, the only way it is acceptable is if those two are really really good and that is extremely rare to find a 1-1 that is WOW so it is like... Why am I putting forth all this effort for people that don't care but yet will gripe if the show is not up the very morning they wake up or really start complaining if the show is up... one minute after midnight the day the show is proposed to be up.

You gotta show you care by doing your part and it makes the writers job easier cause they feel more appreciated. It isn't just reading comments like nice show, nice match, but what really helps the drive is seeing effort in the matches. Anybody can come in and say... WOW that was a damn good show and awesomely written match. But when you show up to your match and really try, even 2 - 2 is nice. Just that effort in the match goes much much longer and further than comments on the show. So... I said all that to say... show up for your matches and do all that you can. Burn outs occur quicker for writers when the effort is poor. And if you can't focus on both characters equally or even 60-40... drop your second character cause it is hurting the fed.

The end.

SBS

Reaction score
^ this is why the man is a legend. Thank you Slim.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
^ this is why the man is a legend. Thank you Slim.

I'm just a guy that knows what it takes and how difficult it can be to keep things goin. You always gonna be a legend man. But thanks. Just felt it needed to be said.

Aniking

Reaction score
Completely spot on, Slim. Right on the money.

Maybe only guys who have proven in the past they can hold two characters and TT as both regularly should keep their second character privs. I remember when the idea was first concocted in ETW, we only had about 5 guys who could use them and fortunately I was one. UCW grew and grew after ETW's demise and more and more people got given them, and most who used them TTed frequently. There was always a few who lacked, but the fed was going so strong it didn't matter.

That's the thing - UWF isn't anywhere near the point UCW once got to at it's peak when some guys were even given third character privs, which is just insane, but it went to show how trustworthy certain guys could be. Of course, that didn't last long because PWM went down for a week and activity dropped to the point the forum is a ghostown, but that's a different story.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I agree with Slim & Aniking a lot, but also, there is another issue is... How do we know who we can trust, ya know? Sometimes you really gotta give a person a chance to prove their worth.

Sure, sometimes it fails epicly, other times it works wonders. So it's a mixed bag in the hat, I don't want to name people, but I know of atleast two people in UWF at the moment, who haven't got characters which read the shows, and two more people is a great help regardless.

Sometimes, Second Chars help fill out the rosters, but ultimately, we need to recruit new guys into the fed, which can be hard unless we got good stuff to show for it, and to be honest. With people TTing and two shows going up on time without fail each week is a huge bonus and a great selling point.

The issue kinda is more dependent on people showing up in general though :/.

Lewb

Reaction score
Currently working on a second GAB post, waiting for Raw to randomly pop up at some time hopefully ;P

Pete

Reaction score
As far as second characters... people tend to do it because it is available to them and that is where the mistake usually happens. Because not only are more characters tied up but they want it cause now they can play two of the guys they always wanted to. And it isn't until later on that they discover that it is harder than thought to keep up consistently with two characters. I mean playing two characters is definitely a privilege but it is also a vary daunting task that most can NOT keep up with. They either forget about their other character or they just completely slack and focus on the one while the other looks like complete crap to the point that they feel "tired" of it and want to keep changing it. Its like second characters can either be the life or the death of a fed. I've always been allowed to use second characters wherever I went but I tried not to do it too much unless I knew I could handle it for a long while. Like in UCW... everyone knew I had The Rock and Trish. But first I had Mordecai... then I changed that over to Pillman. Pillman was actually kinda successful with a title reign and a PPV main event match that I think I could have looked better in than the writer wrote but that's another complaint for another day.

So bottom line... I'd say if second characters are what is doing things in like they are... time to shed off the extra fat and keep the lean meat. If they can do both and do it well... allow them to keep them. Cause people are gonna sign up and be fired up at the beginning for the new but as soon as that new smell wears off... it collapses. So perhaps its time to start cutting off these second characters and the such. I've been on the strictly tt side and the strictly booking side writing matches and the such and to see a poor performance like 1-1 for a pay per view or especially for a title match, the only way it is acceptable is if those two are really really good and that is extremely rare to find a 1-1 that is WOW so it is like... Why am I putting forth all this effort for people that don't care but yet will gripe if the show is not up the very morning they wake up or really start complaining if the show is up... one minute after midnight the day the show is proposed to be up.

You gotta show you care by doing your part and it makes the writers job easier cause they feel more appreciated. It isn't just reading comments like nice show, nice match, but what really helps the drive is seeing effort in the matches. Anybody can come in and say... WOW that was a damn good show and awesomely written match. But when you show up to your match and really try, even 2 - 2 is nice. Just that effort in the match goes much much longer and further than comments on the show. So... I said all that to say... show up for your matches and do all that you can. Burn outs occur quicker for writers when the effort is poor. And if you can't focus on both characters equally or even 60-40... drop your second character cause it is hurting the fed.

The end.

As you well know, I share your pain :) Lately, however, things seem to have gotten better over on "the RP side" ;)

As for multiple characters, I do it because I know I can handle them. The one time I've been in over my head, I literally had SEVEN characters and 40-RP caps. THEN things kind of collapsed, and I was forced to admit it was time to downsize. But at the moment I have three (plus Almost Famous on here), and I'm developing them all equally. You just have to have a gameplan beforehand. If you play it by ear, you fail pretty quickly.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The Raw preview will be up shortly.

I've just had zero motivation to do it.

But don't worry, there will be enough time for all of you to do your usual 1-1 posting and call it a day.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
First day of TTing and we already have one round completed. Today, I think we could do at least 3-3. THIS WILL BE EPIC!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think if it was more accepted to post shorter TT's then more people would post more then 1-1. But its no secret that posting larger TT's usually get you rewarded. Even though everyone says thats not the case I don't believe it.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
You can have a short TT with a couple lines and it can be good. I saw someones Curt Hawkins TT, it was short but good. You can also have a looong, looong TT but it can be shitty. My point is, the lenght of TT is not what makes you win, its the quality of a TT.

Aniking

Reaction score
You can have a short TT with a couple lines and it can be good. I saw someones Curt Hawkins TT, it was short but good. You can also have a looong, looong TT but it can be shitty. My point is, the lenght of TT is not what makes you win, its the quality of a TT.

That Hawkins TT was done by the guy you just replied to :p

Tapout, I have the perfect example of somebody that doesn't post long but recently got themself into a very good position - Killz. He don't post long, he doesn't post thick paragraphs or anything like that, but he became number one contender to the UWF Championship. Yeah it hasn't exactly gone to plan due to him disappearing, but that doesn't change a thing.

People don't TT more than 1-1 because they're lazy, not because of length. Granted some people I've seen post very long for weekly matches, something I've started to do becuase it seems to be the norm now, but when threads like Chriss & Fetter's already sits at 2-2 or 3-3 each, that's what youg et when you have two guys that aren't lazy and actually wanna do well.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
That Hawkins TT was done by the guy you just replied to :p

Tapout, I have the perfect example of somebody that doesn't post long but recently got themself into a very good position - Killz. He don't post long, he doesn't post thick paragraphs or anything like that, but he became number one contender to the UWF Championship. Yeah it hasn't exactly gone to plan due to him disappearing, but that doesn't change a thing.

People don't TT more than 1-1 because they're lazy, not because of length. Granted some people I've seen post very long for weekly matches, something I've started to do becuase it seems to be the norm now, but when threads like Chriss & Fetter's already sits at 2-2 or 3-3 each, that's what youg et when you have two guys that aren't lazy and actually wanna do well.

You can't exactly say that, you never know what some peoples private life is like.

Aniking

Reaction score
You can't exactly say that, you never know what some peoples private life is like.

I had 2 pretty hectic weeks recently and still managed to TT more than once for one of my matches when I was only able to get online for about 5 hours across the entire week. Keep in mind some of that time I had to wait for an opponent to post, so frankly if I can do it everyone else can. People are just lazy, simple as that.