Utterly Pointless

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Edge vs Umaga vs HHH would be good too IMO, but maybe that should wait til after Mania. Like until Backlash, because if there is going to be an Edge vs HHH feud for Mania, it needs to be a badass, personal, well written one, and not a triple threat thing.
So I think you're right cms... HHH vs Edge is the last true draw on SD.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
to be honest I liked having Jeff Hardy as champion. Not his actions or even the way he was booked, just the IDEA that we FINALLY had a fresh face as champion. Rather than just switching the belt between Edge, Triple H and Undertaker every few months.

I also agree that Edge Vs. Triple H is the way to go for this one. But after that, unless they seriously push SOMEBODY to be a legit main eventer on Smackdown, the last big draw they would have would be Triple H Vs. Undertaker next Mania. But in between those 11 months, Smackdown is going to be stale as hell.

Love Edge or hate Edge, you have to admit that he's got nowhere left to go. Nobody left to feud with. Nothing left to prove. Sure after Mania you can rehash Triple H or Jeff Hardy or Undertaker for another 8 months, but it all would of already been done before in a 1 year period. They need a rising mid carder, and I mean NOW.

Moonlight Drive

The stupid thing was taking the belt off Edge in the first place.

The Rated R CMStar

We'll watch MVP rise through the tanks rather fast, I am pretty sure of that.

Besides, I wouldn't mind seeing Edge vs Hardy again, as the feud wasn't exactly between the two, but moe of Hardy vs Luck.

And if they indeed do HHH vs Edge, a wise man would think it would go from Wrestlemania to at least Night of Champions, and by now, the draft would have already happened and the rosters will be shaken again.

But like I said, MVP and maybe Mr. Kennedy should be getting a shot at the belt. If not, we have HHH vs Edge for a while, and even if that doesn't happen, we have Edge vs HHH vs Hardy vs Hardy and their combinations to kill some time.

milkman7

Reaction score
Hardy didn't even deserve the title yet. If he hadn't been so ignorant and messed with those drugs, and not left the E in 02 then he would have been deserving.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Lets hope Edge can spark some interest back into the title at least. If this just goes right back to Edge/Vickie drama, then I'm out of Smackdown for good. lol. If we're going to go back to an old champion whos already had 6 previous reigns, then at least do something fresh with him.

Evil Austin

Edge vs HHH is the last remaining big draw on SD practically undone (yes, they wrestled at GAB, but they barely had any interaction), so yes, we need HHH in another Mania title match

I think we will actually see Triple H vs. Kozlov in some sort of street fight after thier past month of interaction. While Edge faces someone else though I am not sure who. I would mark out so loud if it was Christian because that is pretty much the whole Main Event of Smackdown used up besides Show.

OWeapon

Reaction score
I know Christian is supposed to be signed with WWE or something. But all this talk of his return...it'd be funny if everyone keeps predicting it and it doesn't happen for another 6-12 months. Still, the sooner the better.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Yeah, what's wrong with Edge? :eh: I mean, him having another title reign is pretty ridiculous and boring but meh...i've accepted they're just gonna start burying any talented young mid-carders until they stop getting reactions and their careers are in flux. And they'll never put the WWE title on them So Edge is a better champ than any other established main eventer so it could be worse, Triple H could be champion. Although he probably will be again after WM. >_>

Said midcarder should probably get some charisma, right Shel ... erm, midcarder. :shifty:

joker666

Reaction score
rather another hhh reign then another pointless edge one

Airfixx

i've accepted they're just gonna start burying any talented young mid-carders until they stop getting reactions and their careers are in flux. And they'll never put the WWE title on them So Edge is a better champ than any other established main eventer so it could be worse, Triple H could be champion. Although he probably will be again after WM. >_>

LOL...That's some funny shit! You have blatantly accepted nothing... You're just pissed cos Shelton does't get the push you, and a handfull of internet smarks, think he should get.

As for burying midcarders.... Much of last year on SD was spent BUILDING midcarders you fool.... TBKB outta nowhere into a world title match and, like MVP, Shelton, Jeff, given some extremely convincing displays against the biggest guys on the roster.

Jeff got the world title.
MVP is set for a big push

...And for your beloved Shelton they're still doing it now... Save for the eventual knock-out blow, he's holding his own against Taker and has been holding that belt for what seems like (a very boring) eternity, FFS!

The only one that didn't maintain their spot was TBKB and a) that was a temporary spot blatanatly born of the thin-ness of the roster at the time and b) He's still had multiple 2 tag title shots on SD since and gets a decent amount of TV time every week.

...And what was that about HHH? I didn't catch that... Your post kinda tailed off into a tired, clichéd whimper. LOL

Hometown Kid

1. Jeff wasn't a mid-carder, he would have been world champ sooner had he not been such a 'tard. And even then half the year was built on his "chase" for it. And now after he wins a title he's getting stuck with a DUD of a feud anyway.

2. TBK? :eh: They put him in the breakfast scramble and even then they spent the whole time talking about Zeke. Now he will continue to get buried.

3. MVP's payoff to a 5 MONTH burial was being Trips' lackey for a night. Now he'll feud with Shelton over a meaningless title. If it wasn't for his talents the crowd would be dead, which shows how great he is.

4. In terms you can understand, The "Big 3" own SD. If he's not champ, he's got entire shows dedicated to his undeserving ass. As every year his knee isn't hurt this decade, he'll be in a WM title match. (Edge also to a lesser extent.) It's been said a million times, They can't go back to stale as all get-out Trips, Edge and Taker forever.

So yeah in 2008 SD. Mid-carders attempted to be legit pushed: Kozlov. >_>

Airfixx

1. Jeff wasn't a mid-carder, he would have been world champ sooner had he not been such a 'tard. And even then half the year was built on his "chase" for it. And now after he wins a title he's getting stuck with a DUD of a feud anyway.

Spare me your speculation... Jeff got beat CLEAN by Orton @ RR08 and he MAY have gone on to win MITB 08. PERIOD.

By your estimation CM Punk is a bonafide ME-er too.

2. TBK? :eh: They put him in the breakfast scramble and even then they spent the whole time talking about Zeke. Now he will continue to get buried.

They gave him probably the most offense of the entire match... Not bad for a guy in his debut PPV match with no proven singles record in the company.

Since then, I struggle to see how you can construe that he's being buried.

3. MVP's payoff to a 5 MONTH burial was being Trips' lackey for a night. Now he'll feud with Shelton over a meaningless title. If it wasn't for his talents the crowd would be dead, which shows how great he is.

He doesn't need to be winning to be entertaining... WWE know this.

Besides, the storyline hasn't concluded yet so to say he has been buried is bullshit. Big things on the horizon for MVP.

4. In terms you can understand, The "Big 3" own SD. If he's not champ, he's got entire shows dedicated to his undeserving ass. As every year his knee isn't hurt this decade, he'll be in a WM title match. (Edge also to a lesser extent.) It's been said a million times, They can't go back to stale as all get-out Trips, Edge and Taker forever.

Shame that when you specifically tried to write something "in terms can understand" it ended up like a garbled mess....

Once thing I did garner form that last 'point' though was that you deem the US title worthless... What does that say about Supa-Shelton? ...That he couldn't breath any semblance of life into it when it was still kinda hot (not firin' admittedly) from MVPs very succesful US title run.

...Oh, that and the fact that you don't understand the notion of being a draw or being over (see Taker).

So yeah in 2008 SD. Mid-carders attempted to be legit pushed: Kozlov. >_>

So you see that as a legit push; him being Mr Default 1-on-1 oponent for HHH in a mere 'swerve match' (SSeries08) whilst having ZERO other PPV matches, as a legit push, dispite the fact that the guys I mentioned were pretty much the main feature of SD for the middle part of 2008?????

Please come with more... I could happily knock this crap out of the park all day.