US to announce $100M in Somalian aid

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

you mean former OLD ECW wrestler. Joey Matthews is the shit....i would love to see him in TNA or wrestling in ROH again....

Wrestling Station

Joey is a decent wrestler but not as good as Matt Hardy as an example, i hate him and most of us hate him, he will be a midcarder.

But the question is, will he be playing as a face or a heel?

X-Pac

Reaction score
Man if Joey Mercury goes to TNA that would suck. Mercury is nothing without Nitro and Melina. He might be able to pull off X Division Champ but thats all he'll ever be in TNA. He should try to get back into the WWE get back with MNM and win the titles off of the Hardyz.

phantomgerald

he'll definately start off face, then turn heel. any wwe wrestler that comes to tna always start off face

X-Pac

Reaction score
Nah I dont think hell start of face i think when he comes to TNA he'll be heel because I dont think Mercury can pull of being a face.

phantomgerald

he'll definately get a pop if he debuts, so he should start off face

.chaostheory

Reaction score
What do you mean he can't pull off face? He was a face his entire ECW career!

Maloney

Reaction score
I really hope this never happens, theres just not enough TV time. Even when they do get two hours, i hope they still dont bring him in. He'll probably end up resigning with the WWE anyway.

bighustle233

Reaction score
Umm Joey Matthews wrestled for TNA waaay before WWE was paying attention to him. Some of the people in this forum have such short memories. But anyway, if they do decide to bring him in, they better not package him as Joey Mercury, no thank you...We want to see Joey Matthews.

TNA shytted on Monty Brown and WWE brought him in.
TNA shytted on CM Punk and WWE brought him in
TNA shytted on Ken Kennedy and WWE brought him in
TNA shytted on Sonny Siaki and WWE brought him in
TNA shytted on Jimmy Wang Yang and WWE brought him in
TNA shytted on Sabu and WWE brought him in

not that theres anything wrong with this...but one man's trash is another man's gain, thats the business

Nikki

WOW ok

I thought he was still in the WWE. I didn't know he was released. This is so new to me !!!

His style in the ring, it's ok through. But not a fan of his, or anything; I rather go with Jeff Hardy.

phantomgerald

Umm Joey Matthews wrestled for TNA waaay before WWE was paying attention to him. Some of the people in this forum have such short memories. But anyway, if they do decide to bring him in, they better not package him as Joey Mercury, no thank you...We want to see Joey Matthews.

TNA shytted on Monty Brown and WWE brought him in.
TNA shytted on CM Punk and WWE brought him in
TNA shytted on Sonny Siaki and WWE brought him in
TNA shytted on Jimmy Wang Yang and WWE brought him in
TNA shytted on Sabu and WWE brought him in

not that theres anything wrong with this...but one man's trash is another man's gain, thats the business

wtf man monty brown was a main eventer and left because he said he wanted to be a full-time personal trainer. sabu left because he don't give a shit about wrestling and is just doing it to for the money to buy crack. siaki is just a superkick-monkey and kennedy, wang yang and kennedy would have left for wwe anyway

kinganarchy13

Reaction score

Kennedy was just used a an enhancement talent, just like Chris Hero and Jimmy Rave were. "Kamikaze" Ken Anderson was never anything more than a jobber TNA.

john_service

Reaction score
Well, this piece of news has dampened my mood. Don't really like Mercury or Nitro, MNM for me was the WWE's attempt to bring a new spin on the hardyz and the wholw A-lister gimmick wasa really bad.Never really though he could really wrestle well either. Who knows, TNA may b able to make him more likable and help to display the wrestling skills he has.

-R3-

Reaction score
The WWE claims aren't fair AT ALL. Joey Mercury was bigger on the indy circuit than in WWE. That would be like if CM Punk was fired from the E and went to TNA. That's not a "former WWE wrestler." It's a wrestler that's been in 4-5 different companies.

Lmao! So true.