US to announce $100M in Somalian aid

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

beachy26

Reaction score
Joey Mercury coming to TNA

It is official that TNA are in talks with ex WWE superstar Joey Mercury, i think that he is a good solid wrestler if used properly and could be used in the world title frame.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I'am not surprised....TNA always signs former WWE superstars.

MikeRaw

Didn't see that coming(sarcasm)And this is gay,he was good with Nitro and Melina and MNM was good heel stable now Mercury in TNA by himself will be weird.I wanna see how they use him though.

xtremebadass

Well by this time next yr, another ex WWE tag turned singles competitor will be NWA champion, maybe he could be higher status than Nitro, because he is on a low right now

Axis

The WWE claims aren't fair AT ALL. Joey Mercury was bigger on the indy circuit than in WWE. That would be like if CM Punk was fired from the E and went to TNA. That's not a "former WWE wrestler." It's a wrestler that's been in 4-5 different companies.

phantomgerald

He'll definately win the xidivision title as a face, but i don't think he'll ever ME in the near future

Reaction score
Wheres you source? i don't know how this plays out for Mercury because i don't quite see him in singles division but hey Christian made it work so we'll see . . .

D'Lo

Reaction score
I think he could be a good addition, but a world title contender is a bit too much I think.

Starsky

Reaction score
you mean to tell me TNA is actually interested in a former WWE Superstar.......No

lol.

All joking aside though, it'll be a fairly decent aquisition for TNA. But World Champion is going a bit too far for me to be honest.

The difference between him an Christian is that he'd had a singles career in WWE before moving to TNA. And also he was being somewhat pushed a few months before he left (Jericho vs. Cena vs. Christian, Vengeance 05). Yet all Mercury will be thought of by people watching TNA is that he was the other guy in MNM.

But as Axis said, his Indy work was awesome and he's definitely capable.

.chaostheory

Reaction score
Joey Mercury is a solid wrestler, but he just isnt TNA material. I don't know how to explain it though. I mean, he has to be used PERFECTLY to be in the "World Title Frame" and I just don't know if TNA is capable of using him that way.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Mercury is a decent wrestler, he will get rid of the fake dreads, or extensions whatever, but i just dont see him fitting in with what TNA does

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
That would be like if CM Punk was fired from the E and went to TNA. That's not a "former WWE wrestler."

Ahh yeah it is.....He wrestled in WWE and got fired so that would make him a former WWE superstar/wrestler.