US Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I like Cody. He worked very well with his previous gimmicks and got himself over. Maybe if they had done Cody vs Goldust at WM and Cody went over, or if he went over Show anyway, after one more good feud where he could drop the title he'd be more than ready for the title. But it's not a lost cause yet, he can still go over someone and then enter the race for the title.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Rhodes looked like he should be the future of WWE last year, imo he outshined Barrett quite a bit on Smackdown after he got rid of that dumb little mask. He was put over quite a bit by Booker and actually put in meaningful feuds and situations... shoot he was easily the MVP of the RTWM. They've got money in this guy, I'd honestly rather have him win MITB than Ziggler (but you can't go wrong with either one.)

Honestly, it's just time to get new guys on TV. Do it like TNA does quite a bit... you keep your main eventers and the few guys who are in prime storylines on the show each week and rotate the mid-carders in and out. We don't need to see Kane wrestle twice a week, give him a week off and give McGillicutty his spot. The guys you need on the show at this moment are Punk, whoever his #1 contender is, Cena, whoever his opponent is, (Raw only) Sheamus, Del Rio, Bryan and Kane (Smackdown only). Everything else should be a revolving door, other than the champions who are guaranteed television time each week (but don't have to defend the title every week). Maybe then, a fuck will actually be given when a certain mid-carder arrives (see us in the TNA thread when Crimson's music hits), and you aren't paying a bunch of people to sit around just waiting for their chance to job to Brodus or Sin Cara.

Reactions: Leo C and Farooq

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I need to say it push Alex Riley and Tyson Kidd! They would be major parts of the mid card, hell they can carry the mid card

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
ColeMiner said:
I don't know how many times I need to say it push Alex Riley and Tyson Kidd! They would be major parts of the mid card, hell they can carry the mid card

Tyson Kidd(dirty) vs. Alex Riley(face champion) in a U.S. title feud.
Tyson wins the title and renames it the Canadian title.
Continues the feud for two more PPVs

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Farooq said:
Tyson Kidd(dirty) vs. Alex Riley(face champion) in a U.S. title feud.
Tyson wins the title and renames it the Canadian title.
Continues the feud for two more PPVs

I'd have heel Riley and face Kidd imo but that's just me, yours would also be awesome!

Farooq

Reaction score
Kind of hard to choose which one should be heel or face, they both play the heel part very good.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Rhodes looked like he should be the future of WWE last year, imo he outshined Barrett quite a bit on Smackdown after he got rid of that dumb little mask. He was put over quite a bit by Booker and actually put in meaningful feuds and situations... shoot he was easily the MVP of the RTWM. They've got money in this guy, I'd honestly rather have him win MITB than Ziggler (but you can't go wrong with either one.)

Honestly, it's just time to get new guys on TV. Do it like TNA does quite a bit... you keep your main eventers and the few guys who are in prime storylines on the show each week and rotate the mid-carders in and out. We don't need to see Kane wrestle twice a week, give him a week off and give McGillicutty his spot. The guys you need on the show at this moment are Punk, whoever his #1 contender is, Cena, whoever his opponent is, (Raw only) Sheamus, Del Rio, Bryan and Kane (Smackdown only). Everything else should be a revolving door, other than the champions who are guaranteed television time each week (but don't have to defend the title every week). Maybe then, a F*** will actually be given when a certain mid-carder arrives (see us in the TNA thread when Crimson's music hits), and you aren't paying a bunch of people to sit around just waiting for their chance to job to Brodus or Sin Cara.

This would help things. :obama:

I like how your avatar responds to WWE booking Rain.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The good thing about Cody is that he's still in his mid-20s, he'll be around for a long time.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Rhodes is one of the most promising superstars WWE has. In a few years he'll be one of the main guys, with Ziggler and Barrett. The youth isn't as bad as people say it is.

The talent is there, attempts to cement them isn't. I doubt anyone bar an idiot on the level of JeebaK would disagree.

Farooq

Reaction score
Rhodes was built up. They didn't just hand him a world title after 2 or 3 years. He started out with a feud against a very hated Randy Orton, regardless of him winning it made him big. Then he went to learn from Hardcore Holly as he also claimed the world title. Then when he learned enough, he went on to be a team with another good young wrestler. Then he formed an amazing team with Randy and Ted. He then went to Smackdown and once again claimed the tag team titles, just with a different partner. He broke off from tag team and now got then got the Intercontinental title. He is now growing out of midcard and he should. His matches are great, he is very talented, even his match with Chrsitian was one of the few good matches at No Way Out. He waited and got built up good. He deserves to be world champion, he also plays the heel role good :boss:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Leo C said:
This would help things. :obama:

I like how your avatar responds to WWE booking Rain.

Thanks! I've used the "Hey, WWE, actually use the NXT guys and stop giving us such a crappy product" gimmick on here, which the Hawkins shirt suited perfectly. But I wanted to change that thing for so long...

Crayo said:
Rhodes is one of the most promising superstars WWE has. In a few years he'll be one of the main guys, with Ziggler and Barrett. The youth isn't as bad as people say it is.

Indeed. But again, can they do it right? Lets take a trip back to 2010.

Vince: "Oh crap, Batista's leaving at the end of the month! Who are we going to use to replace him!"

Creative Member: "Well, you know how you like to post-edit our scripts right before we get on the air, right? It turns out that... well... you haven't really booked in much credibility for anyone in our entire mid-card...

Vince: "Shit! We need a new top heel now! Hey, you know how we are so good at manipulating fans' emotions on Smackdown, right? Lets end this awesome Edge-Jericho rivalry so we can put a young talent in there! Because we need to build for our future!"

Creative Member: "Yeah, and there are some perfect guys on the roster to take that spo..."

Vince interrupts: GIVE JACK SWAGGER THE MITB BRIEFCASE NAO!

Creative member: :dafuq:? He just lost a feud to Santino Marella!

VInce: The WWE Machine is behind him. He'll be a star in five minutes!

Reactions: Farooq and Leo C

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Thanks! I've used the "Hey, WWE, actually use the NXT guys and stop giving us such a crappy product" gimmick on here, which the Hawkins shirt suited perfectly

Indeed. But again, can they do it right? Lets take a trip back to 2010.

Vince: "Oh crap, Batista's leaving at the end of the month! Who are we going to use to replace him!"

Creative Member: "Well, you know how you like to post-edit our scripts right before we get on the air, right? It turns out that... well... you haven't really booked in much credibility for anyone in our entire mid-card...

Vince: "s***! We need a new top heel now! Hey, you know how we are so good at manipulating fans' emotions on Smackdown, right? Lets end this awesome Edge-Jericho rivalry so we can put a young talent in there! Because we need to build for our future!"

Creative Member: "Yeah, and there are some perfect guys on the roster to take that spo..."

Vince interrupts: GIVE JACK SWAGGER THE MITB BRIEFCASE NAO!

Creative member: :dafuq:? He just lost a feud to Santino Marella!

VInce: The WWE Machine is behind him. He'll be a star in five minutes!

:lol1::lol1:

Reactions: Farooq

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Tbh I think giving Santino the US championship then having him in a tuxedo match on a PPV just shows that Vince doesn't care about that belt, in my opinion, I doubt the US belt will be restored for a long long time.